These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fon Revedhort - CSM7

First post First post First post
Author
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#61 - 2012-02-14 21:13:03 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
So can you still run if your likes drop back below 100 before the deadline?

Wow, I've never thought I had that much support from goons.

Thanks for bumps, btw.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

TFirish3
Apollo's Rising
#62 - 2012-02-14 21:19:48 UTC
So your platform is based on the nerf bat then? Ugh

http://www.rollinseveride.blogspot.com

Snow Axe
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#63 - 2012-02-14 21:20:38 UTC
TFirish3 wrote:

That's such an awful way to put it. It's more like the flaming cross of imbalance

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#64 - 2012-02-14 21:22:41 UTC
TFirish3 wrote:

My platform is based on justice and appropriateness. If it's a nerf here and there, I'm fine with it. Some stuff is to be boosted. It's always a matter of choosing the shortest path.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Jinli mei
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2012-02-14 22:29:13 UTC
Dear Mr Fon Revedhort,

I would like to ask if you would support my new initiative to have players of unique and different backgrounds be identified with spaceflair in game to promote diversity of the eve universe. I think it would add to the tolerance of different communities in the game and allow people a chance to recruit those who are not the same.

What do you think, mr. spaceman?

Jinli mei,
Former Tolerance Director of TEST
Faife
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#66 - 2012-02-14 22:33:31 UTC
Jinli mei wrote:
Dear Mr Fon Revedhort,

I would like to ask if you would support my new initiative to have players of unique and different backgrounds be identified with spaceflair in game to promote diversity of the eve universe. I think it would add to the tolerance of different communities in the game and allow people a chance to recruit those who are not the same.

What do you think, mr. spaceman?

Jinli mei,

This is a good idea. The flair would let people find people of common heritage, and through free-association let them have a better game experience, and a more closer knit atmosphere, through more homogenous groups.
Pseudo Ucksth
Camellia Void Cartographics
#67 - 2012-02-14 22:34:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Pseudo Ucksth
Jinli mei wrote:

:colbert:

OH guys also we could make the Ethnic Relations skill in Corp Management apply to this as well!

Each new level of the skill trained teaches you more about Racial Tolerance and how to be more accepting of your fellow man, regardless of race and creed.

MLK would be proud of me :sun:
Vordak Kallager
This Game Is Terrible
Warlords of the Deep
#68 - 2012-02-14 23:09:48 UTC
Quoted from: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=442247#post442247

Fon Revedhort wrote:
Whatever.

I've never had an intention of pleasing everyone on the globe, especially if they don't even belong to my race - which is something I suspect for your case.

Anyway, I do hope CCP retains some sanity and will follow my logic and the things I say instead of succumbing to 'let's make everyone equal' claims.

In response to:

Zarak1 Kenpach1 wrote:
i have actually studied Duke and his campaign for the LA Senate seat. Your arguement is pitiful and those of us in the political science field that have studied realist theory and/or subscribe to it, would say you are a very skewed individual who is in fact very racist.

I think the quote speaks for itself. His ability to determine race via typed words is pretty awesome, though. Kudos.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2012-02-15 00:14:56 UTC
Fon, can you describe your most important value in 14 words? You may take another 88 words to expound further upon it.

Also, how would you iterate Plantation Interaction?
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#70 - 2012-02-15 02:48:15 UTC
I don't need any goon backup to efficiently work within CSM just like I don't need a blob with me while PvPing.

That's something a lot of EVE players can hardly overestimate. Goons may waste their breath as much as they want to, but they are only a minority of the playerbase.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2012-02-15 02:58:05 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Also, are you sure you're not on a "do not fly" list due to being affiliated with Aryan Nations or some other domestic terrorist group?

Edit: Personal attack removed, CCP Phantom
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#72 - 2012-02-15 03:14:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Fon Revedhort
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

Also, are you sure you're not on a "do not fly" list due to being affiliated with Aryan Nations or some other domestic terrorist group?

I'm actually a quite handsome fellow both ingame and IRL. Unlike some, I do have my own views though and sometimes that causes local disputes. So what? No one has ever achieved anything by simply pleasing everyone in an insipid manner. You can't do a **** that way.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#73 - 2012-02-15 03:22:22 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

I'm actually a quite handsome fellow both ingame and IRL. Unlike some, I do have my own views though and sometimes that causes local disputes. So what? No one has ever achieved anything by simply pleasing everyone in an insipid manner. You can't do a **** that way.

So you're saying you're not sure whether you're on a "do not fly" list due to your Aryan Nations affiliation. I think voters should take that into account, given the potential need for you to travel to Iceland.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#74 - 2012-02-15 03:25:13 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

So you're saying you're not sure whether you're on a "do not fly" list due to your Aryan Nations affiliation. I think voters should take that into account, given the potential need for you to travel to Iceland.

I've got no idea who they are.

Also, implying I have hard time joining a blob is just laughable.

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#75 - 2012-02-15 16:51:39 UTC
A few words on cruise missiles have been added.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=780636#post780636

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2012-02-15 20:32:26 UTC
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#77 - 2012-02-15 21:10:43 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Posting in the hope for a candidacy view on the following: Bounty Hunting

I fully agree that current implementation hardly makes sense and needs to be changed.

That said, the stuff proposed looks a bit complicated and by definition bounty hunting is derivative of pirating. Pirating isn't that viable as a profession and thus bounty hunting won't be lucrative either.

I guess some are mistaken here by the digits shown as bounty - those were collected for years and should someone claim them, it's unlikely they'll recover any time soon. Someone needs to keep dumping isk into the system and I don't see anyone sane doing it for long Big smile

It's worth discussing, though. I might be missing something, too. Have never really thought much about bounty hunting, tbqh.

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2012-02-15 21:26:30 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Posting in the hope for a candidacy view on the following: Bounty Hunting

I fully agree that current implementation hardly makes sense and needs to be changed.

That said, the stuff proposed looks a bit complicated and by definition bounty hunting is derivative of pirating. Pirating isn't that viable as a profession and thus bounty hunting won't be lucrative either.

I guess some are mistaken here by the digits shown as bounty - those were collected for years and should someone claim them, it's unlikely they'll recover any time soon. Someone needs to keep dumping isk into the system and I don't see anyone sane doing it for long Big smile

It's worth discussing, though. I might be missing something, too. Have never really thought much about bounty hunting, tbqh.

Ty, Fon, quoted in linked thread
Herbatrix
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2012-02-15 22:28:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Herbatrix
I actually have a question that's not about political views;

You mentioned about how you want any future supercaps to be more balanced, but what are your views on Titans as they currently stand?
doombreed52
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2012-02-15 22:36:16 UTC
Herbatrix wrote:
I actually have a question that's not about political views;

You mentioned about how you want any future supercaps to be more balanced, but what are your views on Titans as they currently stand?

its all good armour machs can handle them.