These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New goon war on RMT and 5 billion ISK for a plex

First post
Author
Endeavour Starfleet
#21 - 2012-02-07 21:27:00 UTC
Before people freak out. The API will NEVER reveal anything related to account financial. The ONLY thing you can gain related is the amount of time before the sub expires. Which is useless anyway.
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#22 - 2012-02-07 21:27:39 UTC
rodyas wrote:
CCP said in the minutes the PLEX market was indeed open to scams and meta gaming such like this. But also said they would develop tools to combat it if it did happen or prices got to high.

Even then I am with chibbra and starting to horde all the food stamps and old buffalo nickel coins I can.

their tools would be better package deals for PLEX, simple economics. more PLEX offered per purchase keeps the volume of PLEX high so that these inflated PLEX prices would never actually be realized.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-02-07 21:29:17 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
rodyas wrote:
CCP said in the minutes the PLEX market was indeed open to scams and meta gaming such like this. But also said they would develop tools to combat it if it did happen or prices got to high.

Even then I am with chibbra and starting to horde all the food stamps and old buffalo nickel coins I can.

their tools would be better package deals for PLEX, simple economics. more PLEX offered per purchase keeps the volume of PLEX high so that these inflated PLEX prices would never actually be realized.

CCP artificially lowering plex prices is not a good thing
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2012-02-07 21:30:17 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
actually more likely than not most goons would just disregard that nonsense and go back to paying their subs the normal way because there is no way to tell how your members are paying for their subscriptions, even with a full-access API vcode

Description
The Account Status API returns basic account information including when the subscription lapses, total times logged on and date of account creation. In the case of accounts created with Game Time Codes (GTC), it will also looks for available offers of time codes.

yes there is

you are a gigantic moron

http://wiki.eve-id.net/APIv2_Account_AccountStatus_XML

it does not return any information regarding payment methods

stop posting

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-02-07 21:33:56 UTC  |  Edited by: scooter Kondur
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
actually more likely than not most goons would just disregard that nonsense and go back to paying their subs the normal way because there is no way to tell how your members are paying for their subscriptions, even with a full-access API vcode

Description
The Account Status API returns basic account information including when the subscription lapses, total times logged on and date of account creation. In the case of accounts created with Game Time Codes (GTC), it will also looks for available offers of time codes.

yes there is

you are a gigantic moron

http://wiki.eve-id.net/APIv2_Account_AccountStatus_XML

it does not return any information regarding payment methods

stop posting

it will search for info about gtc and return offers about such...so yes they will know if you did....

And getting mad doesnt change the fact that your scheme was outed....
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#26 - 2012-02-07 21:34:26 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
rodyas wrote:

CCP artificially lowering plex prices is not a good thing

i agree but if prices reached 1b per plex, you would see like you do now $100 for 6 but they would likely offer $100 for 8. I'm all for PLEX reaching 1B, because i would buy more PLEX with RL cash Big smile
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#27 - 2012-02-07 21:35:21 UTC
scooter you should cite your resources if you wish to be taken seriously
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2012-02-07 21:36:33 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
it wills search for info about gtc and return offers about such...so yes they will know if you did....

you lack the capacity to "out" any schemes, moron

it only shows pending ETC trades.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-02-07 21:38:55 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
scooter you should cite your resources if you wish to be taken seriously

anyone can search for description of api info when creating api....
Jaehawn
Order Collective
#30 - 2012-02-07 21:38:55 UTC
Ill be paying for my account with the profits from investing in tin foil companies, since this is where this conversation is going.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-02-07 21:39:54 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
it wills search for info about gtc and return offers about such...so yes they will know if you did....

Pretty unprofessional language from a potential CSM....pro job dude...CSM full of 42 y/o name callers is just what EVE needs
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-02-07 21:41:49 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:

Pretty unprofessional language from a potential CSM....pro job dude...CSM full of 42 y/o name callers is just what EVE needs

I call it as I see it. You've shown a massive lack of reasoning and you've concocted two wild conspiracy theories based on a set of vcode requirements.

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-02-07 21:41:50 UTC
What's the point of jacking the PLEX prices up if we're forced to pay with PLEX? Goonswarm wishes to force its members to give more ISK per PLEX to huge nerds with credit cards?

Though All Men Do Despise Us

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-02-07 21:43:20 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
What's the point of jacking the PLEX prices up if we're forced to pay with PLEX? Goonswarm wishes to force its members to give more ISK per PLEX to huge nerds with credit cards?

Higher plex prices cut into the profits of RMT'ers also forces scrub noobs running incursions to work harder
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2012-02-07 21:44:43 UTC
GUYS GUYS THE GOONS REQUIRE ACCESS TO VIEW YOUR SKILLS IN TRAINING

THEY ARE CLEARLY TRYING TO DRIVE UP PRICES ON (INSERT DROP-ONLY SKILLBOOK) BECAUSE THE MITTANI CLEARLY HOLDS A STOCKPILE

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-02-07 21:45:36 UTC
You can't supply crunch PLEX therefore any possible Goonrush is useless. If it gets high enough, people will just buy more PLEX.

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-02-07 21:47:18 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
You can't supply crunch PLEX therefore any possible Goonrush is useless. If it gets high enough, people will just buy more PLEX.

Since they can also see what assets members have they would also be able to tell who is stock piling......

and when they have made enough isk jacking prices up they will crash market and start the whole cycle over again...
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-02-07 21:48:43 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Since they can also see what assets members have they would also be able to tell who is stock piling......

and when they have made enough isk jacking prices up they will crash market and start the whole cycle over again...

i can use ellipses too....................................................................

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-02-07 21:50:14 UTC
Andski wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

i can use ellipses too....................................................................

I am certain that will be very handy when goons blob the CSM vote and you get elected.....
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-02-07 21:50:48 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Nobody makes ISK if we're forced to spend 800m ISK on PLEXes every month.

Anyhow, tinfoil.