These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Want to join GoonWaffe? Well, this is my experience...

Author
Maxx86
Infinite Forms
#1 - 2012-02-01 20:36:34 UTC
This post is not meant for trolling, blaming, bashing, or just saying GOONS ARE SCAMMERS LOLOL like most of people do. This is just the whole reconstruction of my brief experience with the GoonWaffe corporation recruitment center.

It all started the 30th of January, I had left my old corporation a couple of days before and i started looking for a new one in the recruitment channel. After about 15 minutes of advertising, i got approached by Tyish, that told me that he tought I could have been a nice addition to his corporation. After a bit of talking about my past, my aims, and his alliance operations, he told me that, if I wanted to join the corp, I would have had to give the corporation an anti-espionage deposit, that would have been given back to me after 30 days of correct behaviour, which is fair considering what happened to them some time ago, and that it would have been calculated based on the chanche I could have been a spy after checking my API. after that, he told me to apply at this site: www.goonfleet.net, and so I did. after about 5 minutes, by checking my application status (and just as my recruiter had explained me), a message popped, telling me i had to transfer 500m to Tyish to pay my deposit. After like 5 minutes of more talking, another guy, testobjekt, joined the conversation. He claimed to be Cadence Redwood's alt, I checked that toon's info and found out he's the recruitment director or something. He explained me that there was an error on the deposit, it was not 500mil, but it was calculated on my total assets value, and I had to give them a total of 25% of that value, which is 3.25bil. At this point I smelled a scam, but after thinking well about it, I decided to pay the rest of the money for 2 reasons.
1. I was contacted from the recruitment channel. It clearly states that it can't even be used as a platform to find targets to scam.
2. Risk vs isk. Even if there was only a 1% chanche of finally getting myself into some REAL multiplayer eve experience, it was well worth it.
As instructed, I transfered the money to Cadence Redwood. After they checked that I had actually transfered the money, the conversation ended with testobjekt telling me that within 24h i would have recieved my forum login details.

The day after, 31st January, I logged in to find a mail from testobjekt, telling me that there were some issues on my application, and to contact him as soon as possible. So that's it, I convoed him, and he explained me that, after a deeper inspection of my evemails, some issues had been found. Having played alone for so much time, I'm really not the most experienced players in the world, but basicly they found proof of 2 things: one was just a misunderstanding (that i can explain, bout would only make this post longer), the other one was about a conversation i had, while i was in my old corporation, with our war targets. I explained them that I was invited to an already happening conversation started from a joke in our own corp channel, and that we had a discussion about planetary interaction, industrial ship fittings, and weather in northern europe, and the mail they had found was just about me apologizing to the CEO, as, even if I hadn't leaked any kind of intel to our war targets, I still had had a convo with them. So, testobjekt told me that he would have spoken about that to his superiors, and that he would have given me more news as soon as he could.

Third and last day, 1st February, i got contacted by testobjekt and Li Malak, who claimed to be another person involved in recruiting. He basicly interviewed me more deeply about the same topics I had with testobjekt the day before, and after about 1 hour of talking, he took about 15 minutes to talk with his superiors, and after returning, he told me that they would have got me in only if I had payed them MORE money, as my deposit went from 25% of my total assets, to 75% of it, which is basicly, another 6,5 billion isk. At this point the situation really looked pathetic to me, and I refused to pay. When I asked them if I would ever have seen my initial deposit(s) back, they told me that, if in 60 days I wouldn't have joined any corporation and/or alliance that they were involved in fighting, I would have recieved my deposit back, basicly transforming my 'anti-espionage deposit' into a sort of blackmail.

I've alraedy petitioned CCP about all that happened, as I personally see it as a scam and I was contacted from the recruitment channel, and i'm currently waiting for their reply, even if I'm quite sure I'm not going to see a single isk of that sum again.
What I can tell you is, that if you are thinking about joining Goonswarm... Think twice about it.
then, everyone is free to make their own conclusions about this.
Liam Mirren
#2 - 2012-02-01 20:37:46 UTC
Damnit goons, stop having fun!

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Dyaven
#3 - 2012-02-01 20:40:05 UTC
lolgoons
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#4 - 2012-02-01 20:42:06 UTC
If you were contacted from the recruitment channel, you may have a case.

Otherwise, sorry for your loss.




And no I didn't read all of it, don't have time.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#5 - 2012-02-01 20:42:20 UTC
Fun fact. If you google “join goonswarm”, this page is probably among the top results (if not the top result, subject to google's personal search customization).
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#6 - 2012-02-01 20:48:49 UTC
tl;dr

"I tried to join goons and got scammed. I am now petitioning CCP for being scammed. "


I hope you are sitting in a very comfortable chair when you get the response to that petition, and there are no sharp objects within reach.






There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Sasha Khaine
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-02-01 20:49:07 UTC
Hey kids, it's that age old cliché!

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Though a fool and his money are lucky enough to be together in the first place which seems true in this instance. So don't feel too bad when they lose it ^^

Seriously... you paid someone 3bil in the hopes you could join their corporation. I wouldn't call this a scam, I would call it a game well played by the recipients.

[center]"The entire British empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one mate. You're mistaken."[/center]

Bayushi Tamago
Sect of the Crimson Eisa
#8 - 2012-02-01 20:49:21 UTC
Do your research next time?
Also, RE: Recruitment channel thing: I'm pretty sure they have to have contacted you in the recruitment channel, as opposed to spawn a private conversation because you were in recruitment channel (unless they admit the channel as the source) in order to get your stuff back because of that.
Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#9 - 2012-02-01 20:50:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyke Mossari
How can you have played long enough to accumulate 12+ Billion and still not know about the Goon recruitment scam?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-02-01 20:50:47 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
If you were contacted from the recruitment channel, you may have a case.

Otherwise, sorry for your loss.




And no I didn't read all of it, don't have time.


it's pretty sad that CCP is going down the route of forbidding scams

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Montevius Williams
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-02-01 20:52:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Fun fact. If you google “join goonswarm”, this page is probably among the top results (if not the top result, subject to google's personal search customization).



lol so let me get this right. You are not supposed to scam players from the recruitment channel, which is what they do, yet, Goons can do it anyway w/o any reprocussions?

Ha, thats some funny ****.

"The American Government indoctrination system known as public education has been relentlessly churning out socialists for over 20 years". - TravisWB

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#12 - 2012-02-01 20:52:39 UTC
Andski wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
If you were contacted from the recruitment channel, you may have a case.

Otherwise, sorry for your loss.




And no I didn't read all of it, don't have time.


it's pretty sad that CCP is going down the route of forbidding scams

Not really, the only thing that has changed is they added one channel tot he "no scamming" list.
Maxx86
Infinite Forms
#13 - 2012-02-01 20:52:50 UTC
Cause I've always played alone!
but I do agree on the other message
a fool and his money are easily parted.
I clearly deserve it this time
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#14 - 2012-02-01 20:54:46 UTC
Wyke Mossari wrote:

How can you have played long enough to accumulate 12+ Billion and still now know that about the Goon recruitment scam?

I was thinking the same thing. Slippery buggers those goons. lol Big smile Welcome to eve?

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2012-02-01 20:54:51 UTC
Montevius Williams wrote:
lol so let me get this right. You are not supposed to scam players from the recruitment channel, which is what they do, yet, Goons can do it anyway w/o any reprocussions?
That all depends.

What are the rules of the recruitment channel, more precisely?
How did they recruit scam him?
BBJ Shepard
#16 - 2012-02-01 20:55:10 UTC
Maxx86 wrote:
This post is not meant for trolling, blaming, bashing, or just saying GOONS ARE SCAMMERS LOLOL like most of people do. This is just the whole reconstruction of my brief experience with the GoonWaffe corporation recruitment center.

It all started the 30th of January, I had left my old corporation a couple of days before and i started looking for a new one in the recruitment channel. After about 15 minutes of advertising, i got approached by Tyish, that told me that he tought I could have been a nice addition to his corporation. After a bit of talking about my past, my aims, and his alliance operations, he told me that, if I wanted to join the corp, I would have had to give the corporation an anti-espionage deposit, that would have been given back to me after 30 days of correct behaviour, which is fair considering what happened to them some time ago, and that it would have been calculated based on the chanche I could have been a spy after checking my API. after that, he told me to apply at this site: www.goonfleet.net, and so I did. after about 5 minutes, by checking my application status (and just as my recruiter had explained me), a message popped, telling me i had to transfer 500m to Tyish to pay my deposit. After like 5 minutes of more talking, another guy, testobjekt, joined the conversation. He claimed to be Cadence Redwood's alt, I checked that toon's info and found out he's the recruitment director or something. He explained me that there was an error on the deposit, it was not 500mil, but it was calculated on my total assets value, and I had to give them a total of 25% of that value, which is 3.25bil. At this point I smelled a scam, but after thinking well about it, I decided to pay the rest of the money for 2 reasons.
1. I was contacted from the recruitment channel. It clearly states that it can't even be used as a platform to find targets to scam.
2. Risk vs isk. Even if there was only a 1% chanche of finally getting myself into some REAL multiplayer eve experience, it was well worth it.
As instructed, I transfered the money to Cadence Redwood. After they checked that I had actually transfered the money, the conversation ended with testobjekt telling me that within 24h i would have recieved my forum login details.

The day after, 31st January, I logged in to find a mail from testobjekt, telling me that there were some issues on my application, and to contact him as soon as possible. So that's it, I convoed him, and he explained me that, after a deeper inspection of my evemails, some issues had been found. Having played alone for so much time, I'm really not the most experienced players in the world, but basicly they found proof of 2 things: one was just a misunderstanding (that i can explain, bout would only make this post longer), the other one was about a conversation i had, while i was in my old corporation, with our war targets. I explained them that I was invited to an already happening conversation started from a joke in our own corp channel, and that we had a discussion about planetary interaction, industrial ship fittings, and weather in northern europe, and the mail they had found was just about me apologizing to the CEO, as, even if I hadn't leaked any kind of intel to our war targets, I still had had a convo with them. So, testobjekt told me that he would have spoken about that to his superiors, and that he would have given me more news as soon as he could.

Third and last day, 1st February, i got contacted by testobjekt and Li Malak, who claimed to be another person involved in recruiting. He basicly interviewed me more deeply about the same topics I had with testobjekt the day before, and after about 1 hour of talking, he took about 15 minutes to talk with his superiors, and after returning, he told me that they would have got me in only if I had payed them MORE money, as my deposit went from 25% of my total assets, to 75% of it, which is basicly, another 6,5 billion isk. At this point the situation really looked pathetic to me, and I refused to pay. When I asked them if I would ever have seen my initial deposit(s) back, they told me that, if in 60 days I wouldn't have joined any corporation and/or alliance that they were involved in fighting, I would have recieved my deposit back, basicly transforming my 'anti-espionage deposit' into a sort of blackmail.

I've alraedy petitioned CCP about all that happened, as I personally see it as a scam and I was contacted from the recruitment channel, and i'm currently waiting for their reply, even if I'm quite sure I'm not going to see a single isk of that sum again.
What I can tell you is, that if you are thinking about joining Goonswarm... Think twice about it.
then, everyone is free to make their own conclusions about this.


Shocked

?(:

Sasha Khaine
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-02-01 20:56:17 UTC
Maxx86 wrote:
Cause I've always played alone!
but I do agree on the other message
a fool and his money are easily parted.
I clearly deserve it this time


Well, I guess it happens to everyone eventually

Chin up and be a bit more careful next time!

[center]"The entire British empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one mate. You're mistaken."[/center]

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-02-01 20:56:25 UTC
Montevius Williams wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Fun fact. If you google “join goonswarm”, this page is probably among the top results (if not the top result, subject to google's personal search customization).



lol so let me get this right. You are not supposed to scam players from the recruitment channel, which is what they do, yet, Goons can do it anyway w/o any reprocussions?

Ha, thats some funny ****.


You missed one small thing. "you're not allowed to scam people IN the recruitment channel." He clearly wasn't scammed, much less IN the recruitment channel.

Stop screwing up your app, and I'll personally look into this.
Maxx86
Infinite Forms
#19 - 2012-02-01 20:58:02 UTC
Feligast wrote:
Montevius Williams wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Fun fact. If you google “join goonswarm”, this page is probably among the top results (if not the top result, subject to google's personal search customization).



lol so let me get this right. You are not supposed to scam players from the recruitment channel, which is what they do, yet, Goons can do it anyway w/o any reprocussions?

Ha, thats some funny ****.


You missed one small thing. "you're not allowed to scam people IN the recruitment channel." He clearly wasn't scammed, much less IN the recruitment channel.

Stop screwing up your app, and I'll personally look into this.


It also says that it's also forbidden to use the recruitment channel as a platform to locate target players to scam
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#20 - 2012-02-01 20:59:49 UTC
I applied to Goons. I'll get back to you.
123Next pageLast page