These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Lyris Nairn 2012 : Space Friend to All

Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#81 - 2012-02-01 07:09:14 UTC
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
also i find it hilarious that you blame CSM 6 for the failures of incarna while completely failing to give them any credit for the success of the crucible expansion


i blame them for the failing to do their job and keep the game in a playable state. it took the community to get crucible out of CCP, not the CSM, and that is why i will not vote for any member of CSM 6.


i wonder what that whole emergency summit was about

i'm sure they were celebrating the imminent failure cascade of the game

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#82 - 2012-02-01 07:16:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Hecatonis wrote:
your alliance's complete disregard for any other player outside your sphere of influence, the attitude and behavior of your alliance and thus your own attitude if an affront to civil people, and finally the most disastrous expansion leading to the largest protests i can remember happened wile your alliance was leading the CSM can only been seen at best as incompetence, or at worst a waste of CCP resources that could be spent on better things.

... Hm, let me consider these accusations seriously for a moment.

*casts vote for Mittani*
Andski wrote:
even if I point them out - capital balancing, hybrid changes, fuel blocks, etc. - you'll just come up with some ~nobody wanted those things~ nonsense

If they hadn't messed up with the first attempt to get fuel blocks in it would have been amazing.

Please think of the logis who fuel all our many POSses so that you can shoot them, leading to ~good fights~.
Andski wrote:
i'm sure they were celebrating the imminent failure cascade of the game

We were about to MetaWin, I'm sure, but CCP caught on and decided to counter with making the game better. But that means more explosions, it's all good!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dowla Daupor
Deltole Deltole Deltole
#83 - 2012-02-01 07:22:29 UTC
What could have twisted and warped a child into becoming this?
Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2012-02-01 07:32:28 UTC
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
laffo

you are so

dumb


so i take that as you could not find any examples then.

it was a lovely chat, i hope we can do it again sometime.


you're expecting me to point out which parts CCP was motivated to focus on by the CSM

even if I point them out - capital balancing, hybrid changes, fuel blocks, etc. - you'll just come up with some ~nobody wanted those things~ nonsense

you're like akjon sperguson, just worse


even if i pointed out that those things have been around longer then CSM 6 and it took mass unsubs and player protest before it happened - you'll just come up with some ~ well CSM 6 happen to be around for that ~ nonsence

Source from CSM minutes
"Zulu said CSM could have a selection of the Little Things backlog, and Soundwave wants the CSM to give him a ‘top 10’ list drawn from it – i.e. to have"
was this list ever given, if so show proof

"the CSM once again brought up POS’s, albeit in a slightly different light. The notion of certain POS modules being moved outside of the forcefield so that smaller gangs could further harass established empires was mentioned. CCP seemed to agree, and took it one step further to including Capital Ship Assembly Arrays. CSM and CCP brainstormed and both seemed to be very receptive and on the same page, though the talk was curtailed quickly citing an entire presentation on both 0.0 development and POS structures in the future."
never happened

wow, just went through the entire minutes can couldnt find anything that the CSM did/said that was implemented in the last expansion.

what they talk about during the emergency summit

Captain's Quarters
Noble Exchange Rollout Debacle
Game-affecting Virtual Goods
The Fearless "Greed is Good?" Leak
The Leaked Hilmar Global Email
Arnar (CCP Zulu)'s Angry Friday Blog

CSM closing thoughts wrote:
We believe that the situation that has unfolded in the past week has been a perfect storm of CCP communication failures, poor planning and sheer bad luck. Most of these issues, when dealt with in isolation, were reasonably simple to discuss and resolve, but combined they transformed a series of errors into the most significant crisis the EVE community has yet experienced.

We hope that this meeting will be the first step in the restoration of trust between CCP and the EVE community, and we will keep the community informed as to CCP's efforts in delivering on the commitments they have made to us and to you.


doesnt look like they did any talking about the changes that came with crucible's release .

care to show me any?

PS i am so happy i copied this before trying to post, that would have made me sad
Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2012-02-01 07:35:30 UTC
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
also i find it hilarious that you blame CSM 6 for the failures of incarna while completely failing to give them any credit for the success of the crucible expansion


i blame them for the failing to do their job and keep the game in a playable state. it took the community to get crucible out of CCP, not the CSM, and that is why i will not vote for any member of CSM 6.


i wonder what that whole emergency summit was about

i'm sure they were celebrating the imminent failure cascade of the game


man i am glad you made that post before i made mine.

you should have read the minute or even the abridged dev post. i dont think you know as much as you think you know
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2012-02-01 07:37:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
> views the CSM as a powerless, irrelevant body
> makes angry posts all over CSM threads about the irrelevance of the CSM

also you have a serious deficiency in reading comprehension

i find it hilarious the playerbase of eve online, a game known for its complexity and hilarious spreadsheets, leans towards the lower bound of the bell curve

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#87 - 2012-02-01 07:40:35 UTC
> Asserts that the CSM is irrelevant and powerless
> Blames the CSM for everything bad about the game

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#88 - 2012-02-01 07:40:46 UTC
Andski wrote:
> views the CSM as a powerless, irrelevant body
> makes angry posts all over CSM threads about the irrelevance of the CSM


just this one ;)
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#89 - 2012-02-01 07:40:57 UTC
Hecatonis wrote:

Captain's Quarters
Noble Exchange Rollout Debacle
Game-affecting Virtual Goods
The Fearless "Greed is Good?" Leak
The Leaked Hilmar Global Email
Arnar (CCP Zulu)'s Angry Friday Blog


just like I said:


Akirei Scytale wrote:


You do realize, I hope, that the CSM's only real role is to bring issues to the attention of the devs, which they freaking did, as your own link proves, right? That CSM6 spent most of their time yelling at CCP for how stupid their direction was? That they finally broke down and listened, heard the complaints of the EVE community as a whole filtered through the mouths of the CSM, noticed that it was all accurate, and decided for a change in direction?


Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#90 - 2012-02-01 07:42:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
> views the CSM as a powerless, irrelevant body
> makes angry posts all over CSM threads about the irrelevance of the CSM


just this one ;)


"no guys seriously the CSM is irrelevant and powerless everything happened because some idiots were shooting a statue in jita while unsubbing cyno accounts"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Jacob Stiller
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-02-01 07:43:49 UTC
So when is the next CSM election?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#92 - 2012-02-01 07:50:08 UTC
I suddenly feel an urge to run for CSM.
Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2012-02-01 07:51:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Hecatonis
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
> views the CSM as a powerless, irrelevant body
> makes angry posts all over CSM threads about the irrelevance of the CSM


just this one ;)


"no guys seriously the CSM is irrelevant and powerless everything happened because some idiots were shooting a statue in jita while unsubbing cyno accounts"


idiots shooting a statue, while unsubbing accounts, and having a lot of bad press being the cause of the change is drastically more likely then the CSM having affected the change.

you still haven't shown me where the CSM had any hand in the change of the direction of the game past "they were there when it happened"

until you do that you just waving your arms.

its funny to watch, but it still lack substance.

edit: bad heca, using effect instead of affect, shameful
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#94 - 2012-02-01 08:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Hecatonis wrote:
idiots shooting a statue, while unsubbing accounts, and having a lot of bad press being the cause of the change is drastically more likely then the CSM having affected the change.

you still haven't shown me where the CSM had any hand in the change of the direction of the game past "they were there when it happened"

until you do that you just waving your arms.

its funny to watch, but it still lack substance.

edit: bad heca, using effect instead of affect, shameful


you have to be incredibly special to not understand what I said.

no matter how much bullshit you and the other morons spew on the forums, the fact is that the CSM actually wields significant influence if its members aren't socially inept

but of course, you can keep talking about the CSM's irrelevance while blaming them for all the failures of incarna (despite their irrelevance, lawl)

clearly any reason in you is clouded by bitterness over a hulk loss or something, shrug~

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2012-02-01 08:17:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hecatonis
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
idiots shooting a statue, while unsubbing accounts, and having a lot of bad press being the cause of the change is drastically more likely then the CSM having affected the change.

you still haven't shown me where the CSM had any hand in the change of the direction of the game past "they were there when it happened"

until you do that you just waving your arms.

its funny to watch, but it still lack substance.

edit: bad heca, using effect instead of affect, shameful


you have to be incredibly special to not understand what I said.

no matter how much bullshit you and the other morons spew on the forums, the CSM actually wields significant influence if helmed by somebody who isn't socially inept

clearly any reason in you is clouded by bitterness over a hulk loss or something, shrug~


if there is "significant influence" to tossed around then surely you can find some nice documented evidence to back it up, but alas you again turn to insults.

and what hulk is that? i haven't lost one for over a year if memory serves, and it wasn't because of a goon i might add.

edit: you edit too much. you should take a break and read over your post before submitting it.

Quote:
but of course, you can keep talking about the CSM's irrelevance while blaming them for all the failures of incarna (despite their irrelevance, lawl)


it is there irrelevance that cause the problem. CCP didnt care what they said, even if they did tell them it was a bad idea, and it happened. You just prove my point, and admit, that they have no influence, right after claiming they do.

you should edit your post again. its coming up all garbled

are you sure you can handle being the "voice of the players" as a member of CSM when you cant string a post together?
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-02-01 08:24:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
Andski wrote:
> views the CSM as a powerless, irrelevant body
> makes angry posts all over CSM threads about the irrelevance of the CSM


just this one ;)


"no guys seriously the CSM is irrelevant and powerless everything happened because some idiots were shooting a statue in jita while unsubbing cyno accounts"


idiots shooting a statue, while unsubbing accounts, and having a lot of bad press being the cause of the change is drastically more likely then the CSM having affected the change.

you still haven't shown me where the CSM had any hand in the change of the direction of the game past "they were there when it happened"

until you do that you just waving your arms.

its funny to watch, but it still lack substance.

edit: bad heca, using effect instead of affect, shameful


Lyris is one of the few people in here who have understood how the democratic process works- that it is all about popularity and high profile, the actual content of your campaign is secondary at best.
By bumping those threads to the top continually and raging at him- thus providing him ample opportunities for witty and funny replies- you are actually more helpful to the campaign than anybody else.

On a related note, I am slightly concerned about the direction this campaign is taking.
Several days ago, we had "A vote for Lyirs is a vote for rifters."
Now we have "A vote for Lyris is a vote for kittens".
The CSM elections are still weeks away, and I think the catch phrases are escalating too fast already, there might be no more room to enhance them much more...like ...maybe.. "Kittens in Rifters"...or "Kittens in Rifters with friggin Lazors attached to their heads"

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#97 - 2012-02-01 08:25:21 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Hello, space friends!

I just wanted to make a thread for all of you—yes, even you!—to let you know that you are my very best space friend, and that I am so very happy to have met and known you. I know that a lot of times there are some very angry, bitter or contrary words that get spit out on these forums, and overall it can sometimes leave a negative impression. But that's okay, because then there comes a moment when you realize that Lyris has kittens, and that you have a space friend named Lyris, and that correspondingly everything is just fine in the world of tomorrow. Today in kitten news, Bojangles took a nap on my jumper which left it covered in shed hair for which I was thoroughly embarrassed to discover. What a silly cat! Mittens the kitten, whom is not to be confused for Mittens the CSM7 candidate, during a fit of energy toppled a floor lamp, became frightened by the crash, and hid inside my left boot. She is growing up swiftly, and recently we had her spayed at the veterinarian's office. My fiancée and I love our cats very much, and they are a great comfort whenever one of us is stressed about work or sad about people not knowing the good news that I am Lyris Nairn, space friend to all.

In closing, let's be friends! Oh, and vote for me for CSM7.


WE dont need to vote for you you have your goons for that, any vote given to a goon is a "wasted vote" like someone said

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2012-02-01 08:26:52 UTC
Hecatonis wrote:
if there is "significant influence" to tossed around then surely you can find some nice documented evidence to back it up, but alas you again turn to insults.

and what hulk is that? i haven't lost one for over a year if memory serves, and it wasn't because of a goon i might add.


i'm sure that the CSM candidates spend so much energy on running their campaigns because iceland is such a great place to visit, with such attractions as the world's only phallological museum

btw, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-05-eve-csm-chairman-breaks-the-peace

the gaming press seems pretty fixated on the CSM!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#99 - 2012-02-01 08:27:06 UTC
Did anyone else notice how fun this thread was until Hecatonis came along and started spewing his ill-informed hatred?

And people say the Goons are sucking the fun out of EVE. Roll
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#100 - 2012-02-01 08:27:22 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
WE dont need to vote for you you have your goons for that, any vote given to a goon is a "wasted vote" like someone said


nobody cares about you

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar