These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NSUP Shortstory Competition

Author
Lynne Rankin
Slow Chidlren at Play
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#61 - 2011-10-19 05:55:39 UTC
If you don't mind me asking, how's the voting coming along?
Nerevar Dwemor
Doomheim
#62 - 2011-10-19 09:14:18 UTC
Lynne Rankin wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, how's the voting coming along?

12 days left, two votes so far. Don't worry, they always need some time to get moving ;)
Kendara Rziem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#63 - 2011-10-20 23:25:00 UTC
Yay! Plex received. Thanks Nerev, and good luck to everyone on the voting!
Lynne Rankin
Slow Chidlren at Play
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#64 - 2011-10-30 03:11:31 UTC
Congrats on the Plex Kendara!

Nerevar, I read that you're having problems with getting your guys to vote, no worries on time it's done. But maybe post a voting thread for it here as an alternative? Again, we're all being patient, so whatever route you want to go with voting we'll be fine with.

Sorry to be a bother...againTwisted
Nerevar Dwemor
Doomheim
#65 - 2011-11-01 14:10:58 UTC
Lynne Rankin wrote:
Congrats on the Plex Kendara!

Nerevar, I read that you're having problems with getting your guys to vote, no worries on time it's done. But maybe post a voting thread for it here as an alternative? Again, we're all being patient, so whatever route you want to go with voting we'll be fine with.

Sorry to be a bother...againTwisted

I have bad news. The voting on eveger went really, really bad. Only two guys voted, wich is extremely underwhelming for me. It doesn't do your effort justice. Please accept my apologies, everyone of the 40 participants will receive a free Federation Navy Comet (all hail Gallente!). Sorry for the inconvinience :(

Now, about the voting: I wish I could just do a poll, but with an IP reset you can easily spam votes. Luckily we can avoid that with the "Like" button in this forum. So what I want to do is to make a new voting thread in this forum. There I will repost the overview
I posted here with all the entries. People who want to vote for a story just need to "like" it, and if they want to win a PLEX, post a comment in the voting thread with their descission and the reason for it. Also I'd try to contact CCP for some advertisment :(

Objections? :s
Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#66 - 2011-11-01 17:07:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mortis vonShadow
Thats really sad new, indeed. I was hoping to get some feed back on my entry as I want to exapand it into a full blown story. The relationship between a slaver and his slaves based on the slavers own moral compass, not what the Amarrian society has set forth.

Good luck with the efforts and don't worry, you will figure something out and I have faith in you.

But, what ever you decide, I'll back you.

Edit: Or you could have the ISD guys vote on it, since they do the back story stuff anyways.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#67 - 2011-11-01 19:00:20 UTC
Woot! Free Comet!

It'll at least turn a quick profit.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Lynne Rankin
Slow Chidlren at Play
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#68 - 2011-11-01 20:13:14 UTC
Thanks for the Comet (when you get around to it, no particular rush, and I can fly Gallente Frigate III in 20 hours so I'll give it a spin before selling ;) ), and sorry the voting didn't turn out as well as you (or us) would have hoped for.

And no objections here either, whatever you want/need to do will again be fine with all of us.

Cheesy line ahead: But no matter what, everyone sitting down, taking the time and effort in writing a bit of story makes them winners in and of themselves. We all had fun :D

If you don't mind me asking, for the plex can you not use Chribba Dice or some other system all together if possible? I couldn't log into Chribba or figure out how to use the damn thing, just me being picky, nothing to change over xD (I don't know if anyone else had problems with it the same way I did)
Nerevar Dwemor
Doomheim
#69 - 2011-11-01 20:14:25 UTC
Here is the voting thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28671

And here is a little explanation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluPmLWAqi4
eXeler0n
Shark Coalition
#70 - 2011-11-04 22:15:56 UTC
Hi Capsuleers,

some people like to read the stories with their computer, but some doesn't.
If you have an ebook reader that can load .mobi files or when you can convert .mobi files, then you can download this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1412454/nsup.mobi

This mobi file is made for kindle and I'm not sure how good it will work for other devices. I integrated a table of contents. This will allow you to navigate fast to the story you like to read.

Have fun with it :)

eXeler0n

============================

Quafe:  http://quafe.de

Blogpack:  http://eveblogs.de

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#71 - 2012-01-12 01:06:09 UTC
Has anyone gotten their prizes? I haven't.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#72 - 2012-01-17 15:46:20 UTC
And still, no prize, despite winning this contest a month ago.

Lynne Rankin
Slow Chidlren at Play
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#73 - 2012-01-17 23:13:08 UTC
Sorry bud, looks like the only way now is to keep posting and keep mailing. I feel for you though.
Nerevar Dwemor
Doomheim
#74 - 2012-01-19 02:06:23 UTC
I'm alive! Over the course of the holidays I ended up pretty inactive and... broke. I'll sent the packages with my next paycheck on february 1st. I am trying to liquidate some assets in EvE, so I can give the three winners a PLEX each as an apology, hopefully tomorrow (anyone wants a Rorqual in Tribute?).

Sorry I didn't say something earlier. I wish I would have spared you the inconvinience.
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#75 - 2012-03-19 17:15:41 UTC
And... still waiting.

Nerevar Dwemor
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-03-19 17:23:33 UTC
Meh, i tried to catch you online =/