These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Development Thread] {Project entering Hiatus} Eve Morning Report

First post
Author
Utemetsu
#21 - 2012-01-31 23:13:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
Quote:
Sent: 2012.01.31 23:12
To: Utemetsu,

Hey,

Am willing to test your redirects if you let me know what exactly you want me to do :)

Kind regards,
  Callean

trolling gently

/sarcasm <---EDIT: Probably should have made this clearer. Sorry!
Wuk Flleming
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-02-01 07:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Wuk Flleming
hello when and were can i watch you podcast please
Maxwell Greyson
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-02-01 08:15:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxwell Greyson
Utemetsu wrote:
Quote:

hello Utemetsu

hello my name is alex i am 18 i live in the united kingdom i love what you do i love your podcast what is it that you want me to do and i will do it to onfirm that your redirects are working&nbsp; and pelase how can i watch all of your old podcast i love tham so much i would love to watch all everyone of tham again please and what is your website address please thanks alex

P.S can you message me back

Not sure if serious. It was an audio podcast, we never did any videos.

hello Utemetsu sorry about that i did not mean videos i did mean audio podcast, if you need me to onfirm that your redirects are working i will do it for you mate do you no were i can listen to all of your old audio podcasts please i would like to watch tham all again please thanks
Quite the Contrary
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-02-01 08:56:44 UTC
Maxwell Greyson wrote:

... do you no were i can watch all of your old audio podcasts please i would like to watch tham all again please thanks

I think the word you are looking for is "listen" not "watch" as these are audio, not video.
Callean Drevus
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-02-01 09:22:53 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Quote:

Hey,

Am willing to test your redirects if you let me know what exactly you want me to do :)

Kind regards,
&nbsp; Callean

trolling gently

I am quite without understanding of what you mean. Did you mean you were trolling gently when asking that, or that I was trolling when sending the message, which I assure you was not the case.

Either way, a missed chance.

Developer/Creator of EVE Marketeer

Maxwell Greyson
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-02-01 10:52:31 UTC
hey m8 when will the podcast be up so i can listen please and were can i listen to all of the old podcasts please
Shar Tegral
#27 - 2012-02-01 11:38:12 UTC
Mate, posting eve mails on the forums is bad mojo. While I can see that those evemails might be trolling if read with the slightest bit of charity they are just misworded, or misguided, bits of support. Putting them up on the forums for mockery, with you being the first one to do so, does prove the sender's deficiency in sending you anything at all.

Makes me regret the eve mail I sent you.

I wonder how long before it, too, is posted for public mockery.

Nice start to your return. Being a jerk is always good PR.
Utemetsu
#28 - 2012-02-01 13:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
The thing is, folks, I had another guy **** my inbox when I was doing the show the first time around. I gave him the opportunity to come onto the program and suffice it so say it was a little unnerving both in how he sounded and what he was [trying] to say.

Not trying to be a **** here. (See later post)

In other news, the first show has been posted.

http://www.evemorningreport.themumm.com

For those of you who want to test the feed redirects; go to the website and click on the 'Subscribe with RSS' Button on the upper right of the interface. If it takes you to the feedburner feed page, it works. If it's taking you somewhere else, let me know.

.ute
Utemetsu
#29 - 2012-02-01 14:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
Callean Drevus wrote:
Utemetsu wrote:
Quote:

Hey,

Kind regards,
&nbsp; Callean

trolling gently

I am quite without understanding of what you mean. Did you mean you were trolling gently when asking that, or that I was trolling when sending the message, which I assure you was not the case.

Either way, a missed chance.

My apologies, I was being sarcastic (in response to your response to the mail I posted) ... I sent you an eve mail regarding.

Shar Tegral wrote:

Mate, posting eve mails on the forums is bad mojo. While I can see that those evemails might be trolling if read with the slightest bit of charity they are just misworded, or misguided, bits of support. Putting them up on the forums for mockery, with you being the first one to do so, does prove the sender's deficiency in sending you anything at all.

Makes me regret the eve mail I sent you.

I wonder how long before it, too, is posted for public mockery.

Nice start to your return. Being a jerk is always good PR.

Shar, let me expound upon my actions better, my previous reply I was trying to just get out before leaving for work.

When I first began the show, as I've said, I received MANY mails like this, most coming from one dude with all his alts. I realize that my response was probably a little heavy handed, and insensitive.

That aside, when I see posts about 'watching' my show when it was always an audio podcast, especially written in the manner that they are, I do have serious doubts as to their sincerity to begin with.

This sounds like, and probably is PR backpedaling on my part. As Shar is probably right, it is bad Mojo and I regret posting the mail contents. I will remove it forthwith. Be that as it may, I DON'T need more like it. With this in mind, IF you're going to send me an Eve mail, at least try to adhere to the english language and speak in complete thoughts.
Utemetsu
#30 - 2012-02-01 16:13:52 UTC
UPDATE:
Podcast plugin now working and you may now listen to the show embedded onto the page.
Callean Drevus
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-02-01 16:32:19 UTC
Quote:
My apologies, I was being sarcastic (in response to your response to the mail I posted) ... I sent you an eve mail regarding.

Lol, the forum didn't let me know. Seems notifications are failing. In any case, no worries Blink

The redirect seems to be working for me :) in addition, I like the player you use. It's one of my favourites :P That said, it would be nice to have a download link for the non flashplayer users I think.

Developer/Creator of EVE Marketeer

Utemetsu
#32 - 2012-02-01 16:34:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
Callean Drevus wrote:
Quote:

Lol, the forum didn't let me know. Seems notifications are failing. In any case, no worries Blink

The redirect seems to be working for me :) in addition, I like the player you use. It's one of my favourites :P That said, it would be nice to have a download link for the non flashplayer users I think.

Done and Done.

I just submitted the feed to iTunes! Watch out though, the old feed is still up and all the links to the shows on it are dead. Just a warning.
Maxwell Greyson
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-02-01 16:43:00 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Callean Drevus wrote:
Quote:

Done and Done.

I just submitted the feed to iTunes! Watch out though, the old feed is still up and all the links to the shows on it are dead. Just a warning.

well done mate anyway i can listen to the old podcasts please mate thanks
Utemetsu
#34 - 2012-02-01 16:47:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
Maxwell Greyson wrote:
Utemetsu wrote:
Callean Drevus wrote:
Quote:

Done and Done.

well done mate anyway i can listen to the old podcasts please mate thanks

As I've said before, I will post them when I find them. It's not exactly a priority right now, though.

UPDATE:
The feed is now under review by Apple. You'll soon be able to subscribe directly through the iTunes podcast directory.
Utemetsu
#35 - 2012-02-01 19:56:09 UTC
Been knocking around some ideas all day today. Now, I think I've finally got a keeper.

I am announcing here that all bonds that are opened on or after 2/1/2012 I will be tracking and analyzing. New bonds will be mentioned on the morning shows (Amount, Interest Rate, Offerer) after the prices; while on weekend shows I can go into more depth about the tone of the bonds, general bond trends (such as amount and percentages), and the general attitude towards bonds.

Is this something that MD would be interested in hearing?
Utemetsu
#36 - 2012-02-01 21:43:07 UTC
UPDATE:
Apple has approved us and the feed should be on the Apple Podcast Directory by tomorrow morning. Look for the one with the BIG BLOCK LETTER TEXT!
nGR RDNx
Beta Crucis
Endeavour.
#37 - 2012-02-02 09:59:39 UTC
I listened to your first trial report, and thought it was great.

Comments/suggestions...

I found the music bed a little sombre and the vocals during one part of it were a little distracting. A little more "news report" style might be better.

A summary of the markets at the start might be useful... e.g. "The general trend on the markets today was up/down... with the Material Price Index up/down X%. POS fuel prices were up/down Y% and PLEX was up/down z% ... To the details now...."

Any chance of a weekly summary of the markets based on the daily data you collect? I would pay ISK for such a report for my EVE Show on www.netgameradio.com :)

Keep up the good work,

Cheers, RD

EVE Down Under - www.evedownunder.com - AUTZ = Best TZ

Magnu Stormhawk
#38 - 2012-02-02 10:30:58 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Been knocking around some ideas all day today. Now, I think I've finally got a keeper.

I am announcing here that all bonds that are opened on or after 2/1/2012 I will be tracking and analyzing. New bonds will be mentioned on the morning shows (Amount, Interest Rate, Offerer) after the prices; while on weekend shows I can go into more depth about the tone of the bonds, general bond trends (such as amount and percentages), and the general attitude towards bonds.

Is this something that MD would be interested in hearing?

Sounds like a great idea.

Might want to tread carefully though, given that you will be advertising scams in some cases.
Utemetsu
#39 - 2012-02-02 13:19:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Utemetsu
New Show up, listen here:
http://www.evemorningreport.themumm.com/

EDIT:

I used the wrong filepath when adding the podcast file. It's fixed now, sorry everyone!
Utemetsu
#40 - 2012-02-02 14:47:43 UTC
Alright folks,

THE SITUATION
This weekend we're doing our show on PLEX. Mechanics, their recent rise in value, and what that means for the EVE economy and playerbase as a whole.

THE REQUEST
What do you want to hear discussed on the matter? How have the recent rise in PLEX changed the way you play EVE? Is PLEX an important part of the way you play EVE at all? At what price point does PLEX become 'too expensive', and do you plan on subscribing with REAL WORLD cash to fund your pilot license?