These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve-Online Dating.

Author
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#81 - 2012-01-30 23:32:33 UTC
45 asain male, NY, looking for thai spicy relations

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

bilingi
The Lancers Cartel
#82 - 2012-01-30 23:58:59 UTC
My wife wont let me date Ugh
Rhinanna
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2012-01-31 00:18:33 UTC
Anyone wondering why guys create girl characters, you have to remember that most of the players here come from traditional fantasy based MMORPGs.

If you are going to watch someone's backside as they run around all day, who would you prefer, some sweaty builder's crack of a guy in a full plate or an pretty female elf wearing a chainmail bikini (that seems to provide more protection than the full plate) Evil

I know my preferred choice! Lol

-The sword is only as sharp as the one who wields it! Other names: Drenzul (WoT, WoW, Lineage 2, WarH, BloodBowl, BSG, SC2 and lots more) 

met worst
Doomheim
#84 - 2012-01-31 00:23:10 UTC
As someone who worked on some of Australia's largest and most remote sheep stations (ranches) where 30 guys used to chase the female cook and/or Governess around we had huge numbers of fights/punchups/blues/stouches and general mayhem.

The m/f ratio was pretty skewed.

On that fact alone I fully endorse this concept - if nothing more than to bring more PvP into it. Blink

(btw, I always won the girl 'cos I was handsome, suave and cried when I got beatup - girls love that!)
Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#85 - 2012-01-31 01:46:29 UTC
Zixie Draco wrote:
Julyan Fox wrote:
Eve has girls?

WGoE=public
(Women Gamers of EVE public channel)

..for those of you wishing to find the real girls.

Also, for the ladies that play EVE that would like a non-catty, girls only place to hang out..come check us out :)

Holy crap! I'm so there. Oh, and can I bring a gift? Smile

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#86 - 2012-01-31 02:01:45 UTC
EVE provides me with an escape from a wedding planning fiance... I don't even have to log in, just the splash screen is enough... I can then read a book or process photos without being asked for an opinion about flowers... :)

And I'm sure if I found a girl to talk to in EVE the conversation would go:
Me: Hai
Her: Hai, what do you do?
Me: I'm a carebearing miner, what do you do?

Crickets: Chirp, chirp...

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#87 - 2012-01-31 02:02:45 UTC
Maxious wrote:
Lol 32 m gal

I lol'd too.
"If."
Borascus
#88 - 2012-01-31 02:16:06 UTC
Posting in a lol thread

Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Female gamers have a tendency to be socially awkward (or socially inept) attention whores, in very much the same way male gamers are.

If the percentage of female gamers in EVE is in the one-digits (1-9%), the percentage of well adjusted female gamers is an order of magnitude worse.

This is due to the rand variable for personality development being Internet Anonymity. Your argument is invalid.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#89 - 2012-01-31 02:25:03 UTC
I'd be concerned she'd just stab me in the back and steal all my assets
Zleon Leigh
#90 - 2012-01-31 02:28:00 UTC
Just a different form of spouse aggro...

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#91 - 2012-01-31 02:32:47 UTC
I think my boyfriend would be rather upset with me if I started dating without telling him.

Besides, he's waiting for Bethesda to make a Fallout MMO (which they recently purchased the rights to), so I doubt I could convince him to join us.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#92 - 2012-01-31 02:58:50 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Eve Nielsen wrote:
Seriously - Why not.
If Eve Online is a big hobby, why would you not want to Date someone with same interrest? Idea

Because the girls playing eve are married and fat!Lol

PS: And most guys make Dexter look sane
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#93 - 2012-01-31 03:36:46 UTC
It is possible to meet the person you end up spending the rest of your life with in EVE.

Me and my husband met in EVE and finally took the leap and got married a bit over a year ago. Was difficult sice we lived on the other side of the planet of eachother ofc but we made it work Smile
I also know that we arent the only couple who met in EVE. Around the same time there was actually another couple who went trough the exact same peperwork as we had to. Was nice to have someone to talk about it with to be honest.

But both in EVE and in real life it works the same way,if you try to look for a relationship it wont happen,and you cant force a girl to like you. I know that a lot of guys in EVE has this idea that if you shower a female player with gifts and whatever she will atleast have cyber with you but this is bs.

So..if you do meet a real girl in EVE,dont treat her any different then you would treat the random guy. It just becomes uncomfterbale for her,and most corps that have real female players will be very fast to kick you if you start to harass the female members. Be polite,and dont think they need any special treatment just because they have boobs Blink

Steveir
Hagukure
#94 - 2012-01-31 04:09:12 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Eve Nielsen wrote:
Seriously - Why not.
If Eve Online is a big hobby, why would you not want to Date someone with same interrest? Idea

Because the girls playing eve are married and fat!Lol

PS: And most guys make Dexter look sane

OOO, my wife want to know where you live so she can pop by and blow your stuff up :)
Aggressive Nutmeg
#95 - 2012-01-31 04:27:42 UTC
Eve Nielsen wrote:
Seriously - Why not.

Yeah, why not? Sounds like a solid basis for a relationship.

"OMG! You like Eve? I like Eve too! We should SO totally date!"
"OMG! You like tennis? I like tennis too! We should SO totally date!"
"OMG! You like Seinfeld? I like Seinfeld too! We should SO totally date!"
"OMG! You like pasta? I like pasta too! We should SO totally date!"
"OMG! You like midgets? I like midgets too! We should SO totally date!"

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Sunny Rin
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-01-31 05:08:00 UTC
19/f here looking for a hot Latino man with spicy personality that can weaken my body with his strong sexual Spanish words.
Spineker
#97 - 2012-01-31 05:08:50 UTC
Man has the world become this pathetic. Just ask the girl out at work you have been scared to ask for months or years.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
Wild Geese.
#98 - 2012-01-31 05:21:14 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Man has the world become this pathetic. Just ask the girl out at work you have been scared to ask for months or years.

That's a bit of a problem when you are her boss. Especially when lawyers get involved.
Spineker
#99 - 2012-01-31 05:25:02 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Spineker wrote:

That's a bit of a problem when you are her boss. Especially when lawyers get involved.

Ok yeah but maybe a peer?
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#100 - 2012-01-31 05:36:11 UTC
Sunny Rin wrote:
19/f here looking for a hot Latino man with spicy personality that can weaken my body with his strong sexual Spanish words.

Send Brujo Loco a pm

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **