These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve-Online Dating.

Author
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#221 - 2012-04-20 00:46:01 UTC
Even if EVE didn't have a male:female ratio of about 1000:1 I have never heard of anyone who has had an overall positive experience from on-line dating. And I've met plenty of people who've had bad experiences.

It just doesn't seem to work.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#222 - 2012-04-20 00:52:31 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Even if EVE didn't have a male:female ratio of about 1000:1 I have never heard of anyone who has had an overall positive experience from dating. And I've met plenty of people who've had bad experiences.

Fixed.
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#223 - 2012-04-20 00:53:24 UTC
Zixie Draco wrote:
20 - 40 "certified" ladies playing EVE.

Gotta love the ambiguity of the English language.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#224 - 2012-04-20 00:53:37 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
I have never heard of anyone who has had an overall positive experience from on-line dating. And I've met plenty of people who've had bad experiences.

Couldn't that also apply to dating in general, though?

The odds are stacked against you regardless.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Teiret
Teir3T
#225 - 2012-04-20 00:55:16 UTC
Reduce the breast size of all female avatars owned by male players by... 70%?
Also, remove make-up options, all hair (could add some in unseemly places), and give them grubby, crinkly clothes

Increase eyebrow lift by 40% for female avatars owned by female players (we need them right upto the hairline to make a point)
Add "the look of death" - CCP you need to update avatar line of sight for this so we can swivel both eyeballs menacingly in the right direction

Should be able to tell who is who then P
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#226 - 2012-04-20 01:01:45 UTC
Maybe people need to stop looking for Mr or Mrs Right and enjoy Mr or Mrs Right Now. Have fun, tomorrow could start with an aneurysm, a stroke, you might choke on your wheaties, or your cat may give you toxoplasmosis. Just live and have fun.
"If."
Shea Valerien
House of Valerien
#227 - 2012-04-20 01:11:10 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Even if EVE didn't have a male:female ratio of about 1000:1 I have never heard of anyone who has had an overall positive experience from on-line dating. And I've met plenty of people who've had bad experiences.

I'm marrying a person I met online. So here's one positive experience.

Not to mention I had some great "dates" before I met "the one."
Mathias Hex
#228 - 2012-04-20 02:46:08 UTC
Stellar Vix wrote:

Um hi Vix, will you be my girlfriend? Big smile

Stellar Vix wrote:
I'm not feeling the vibe with this one.

Oh ok then Cry

I recall one night in a nightclub called the matrix, there I was... Mother of god there I am! Holy f**k.