These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data!

First post
Author
Yahyan
Shayol Ghul Forge
#1381 - 2014-06-08 17:45:33 UTC
I don;t know if it is suggested before.
Can we have price data of produced items in csv files of shopping list. You already show total profit on your shop list of EVEIPH but you do not show it in csv.
Skouaire
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1382 - 2014-06-08 20:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Skouaire
Program crashes everytime i'm pressing the "calculate" button on the manufacturing list tab, loaded with my BPO's.

Anyone have this issue ?

(Was working perfectly before today's patch)

EDIT : says "Updating Item Average Sales" in the bottom right section when it crashes.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1383 - 2014-06-08 22:04:57 UTC
Skouaire wrote:
Program crashes everytime i'm pressing the "calculate" button on the manufacturing list tab, loaded with my BPO's.

Anyone have this issue ?

(Was working perfectly before today's patch)

EDIT : says "Updating Item Average Sales" in the bottom right section when it crashes.

Emd might be having issues. Try unchecking the option for bypassing the svr check in settings to see if that works till the issue is resolved.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Qmamoto Kansuke
Killing with pink power
Penguins with lasorz
#1384 - 2014-06-10 13:03:11 UTC
Just downloaded this and I'm a bit puzzled if i try to build a t2 item with decryptor the total profit is less than if I don't use decryptor but the isk/per hour ratio is bigger and I'm confused which setting is bigger profit in the end?
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#1385 - 2014-06-10 18:03:29 UTC
1) Is there a 'previous BP button' for the Blueprint tab in IPH?
-- If I drill down to a component from a T2 BP it would be nice to be able to hit back Arrow, ESC, or something to automatically get back to the T2 BP instead of having to type it in again.

2) Is it possible to see the SVR from the Blueprints Tab, or is only on the Manufacturing List Tab?
Axton Kashuken
We make things.... I think
We trade things... I think
#1386 - 2014-06-10 18:42:18 UTC
With the new crius patch coming up and seriously changing compression I have a suggestion. Make a new tab where we put in our skills and the refinery level and the mins we need to compress. Then let us either optimize our compression for cost or m3 efficiency. It would tell you what compressed ores (which I believe will be the new optimal way for compression?) you need to move. Was just thinking this would be awesome.
Jo Edier
Two Factory Vultures
#1387 - 2014-06-12 20:16:17 UTC
Is it possible to indicate by component which one you want to buy and which one you want to build? For example, an item needs 7 components but only 3 of those I want to build and the other 4 I want to buy from the market. I cannot see if this is possible. EveIPH only gives the option to either buy all components or build all components but not a mix. Any comments?
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1388 - 2014-06-13 02:21:20 UTC
Qmamoto Kansuke wrote:
Just downloaded this and I'm a bit puzzled if i try to build a t2 item with decryptor the total profit is less than if I don't use decryptor but the isk/per hour ratio is bigger and I'm confused which setting is bigger profit in the end?

This could happen. The cost of the decryptor could increase profit or time, and reduce IPH. IPH isn't the same as profit though. You could easily have low profit and high iph or vice versa. Just keep playing around with different combinations.

Shiloh Templeton wrote:
1) Is there a 'previous BP button' for the Blueprint tab in IPH?
-- If I drill down to a component from a T2 BP it would be nice to be able to hit back Arrow, ESC, or something to automatically get back to the T2 BP instead of having to type it in again.

2) Is it possible to see the SVR from the Blueprints Tab, or is only on the Manufacturing List Tab?

1 - Not yet but I'm working on an idea to do this.
2 - Not yet. I'm trying to figure out how to do it without lagging the selection. Plus I need to find room to put it. I think with the removal of R.A.M.s I can find some new space when I lose that check box.

Axton Kashuken wrote:
With the new crius patch coming up and seriously changing compression I have a suggestion. Make a new tab where we put in our skills and the refinery level and the mins we need to compress. Then let us either optimize our compression for cost or m3 efficiency. It would tell you what compressed ores (which I believe will be the new optimal way for compression?) you need to move. Was just thinking this would be awesome.

Yeah I plan on adding a refinery tab for the change. As far as minerals for ores needed, I need to work on the logic more. It's not that simple.

Jo Edier wrote:
Is it possible to indicate by component which one you want to buy and which one you want to build? For example, an item needs 7 components but only 3 of those I want to build and the other 4 I want to buy from the market. I cannot see if this is possible. EveIPH only gives the option to either buy all components or build all components but not a mix. Any comments?

No, you can't but I have it on my list to do. This isn't that simple, which is why I haven't done it yet. I'll get something where you can check the item to toggle build/buy for each component.

Gorr Shakor
No Country for Old Nerds
Brave United
#1389 - 2014-06-13 07:13:50 UTC
Just stopping by to say thank you for this amazing tool!
Capsups
Atomic Mangocorp
#1390 - 2014-06-13 13:43:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Capsups
I've got a problem on both of my PCs where if I export a shopping list and then close the program, then open it up and load the shopping list, only the 'Items to build' section is populated even though the shopping list is properly exported if I manually look in the .csv file. The shopping list will be properly populated by the exported shopping list if I don't close down the program between exporting it, clearing the list and then attempting to load it.
Nor Aken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1391 - 2014-06-14 03:52:03 UTC
Grandial wrote:
First of all, congratulations on a great tool.
Don't know if it has been asked before but for me it would help if export table would us a different decimal sign: In my locale "," is used instead of ".".
Maybe the program could check the system locale or you could throw in an option to use one or the other. Then use another column seperator in the csv file like ';'
That would greatly fasten up my workflow with importing data into excel.

This would be great
SJ Astralana
Syncore
#1392 - 2014-06-18 02:45:24 UTC
Is there a way to make an item never appear at the top of the Manufacturing List ever again, whether because it's a BPC/contract item, or a deep hatred of the item? Setting a high Add'l Costs would work if Save BP worked properly across all the editable fields in the group box it appears to be logically tied to, but unfortunately from a lot of trial and error Save BP apparently only applies to Time Multiple, ME and PE.

Hyperdrive your production business: Eve Production Manager

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1393 - 2014-06-18 13:53:11 UTC
Nor Aken wrote:
Grandial wrote:
Don't know if it has been asked before but for me it would help if export table would us a different decimal sign: In my locale "," is used instead of ".".
Maybe the program could check the system locale or you could throw in an option to use one or the other. Then use another column seperator in the csv file like ';'

This would be great

Ok I'll add this to the list to look at again. I'm probably going to need someone with versions of windows in other languages to work this in at some point though. I can easily flip the localization switch but then most of my code breaks.

SJ Astralana wrote:
Is there a way to make an item never appear at the top of the Manufacturing List ever again, whether because it's a BPC/contract item, or a deep hatred of the item? Setting a high Add'l Costs would work if Save BP worked properly across all the editable fields in the group box it appears to be logically tied to, but unfortunately from a lot of trial and error Save BP apparently only applies to Time Multiple, ME and PE.

No this doesn't exist yet but I have it on my near term list. If I can work it in for the cirus update I will but it'll probably be after. Good point on the addl costs though. Saving that info could be useful for reasons other than ignoring it. I'll add it in any case.

Grandial
Stride with Ease
#1394 - 2014-06-18 23:21:38 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Nor Aken wrote:
Grandial wrote:

This would be great

Ok I'll add this to the list to look at again. I'm probably going to need someone with versions of windows in other languages to work this in at some point though. I can easily flip the localization switch but then most of my code breaks.

Ok, I understand. If localization is too much of an issue a "simple" hack like making an option to have a different export would be more feasable. So you only make the csv export a little bit different. You could just replace characters then (',' to ';' and then '.' to ',') before writing to disk.

cheers,
Gran
Tiberius Zol
Moira.
#1395 - 2014-06-21 10:20:44 UTC
Yahyan wrote:
I don;t know if it is suggested before.
Can we have price data of produced items in csv files of shopping list. You already show total profit on your shop list of EVEIPH but you do not show it in csv.

This would be great.

For statistic purposes it would be great to have all the (Raw/Component) Cost, Profit, Fees, Taxes and maybe Times for one Unit and also the whole job in an csv file. Just as an addition to the shopping list.

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Kangus Erata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1396 - 2014-06-26 01:15:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kangus Erata
I have deleted my question as I have figured out my error. I really love this application and appriciate the work on it
Savoian
The Muppet Show
#1397 - 2014-06-26 20:56:10 UTC
Profit calculation for metamaterials (reactions) is wrong, I think it is based on a 1 unit production per hour whilst reaction makes 300 per hour.

Sav
Sony Ichosira
Doomheim
#1398 - 2014-06-29 13:03:10 UTC
Firstly, I'd like to say big THANK YOU for this amazing tool. It's in my opinion the best tool overall created for eve online. This program does so much work I can't even describe.

Secondly, I'd like to ask a question - with the release of crius and all these industry changes, is IPH project going to be continued? It will have to calculate mora things, like job install cost etc, but I can't imagine my industry life without this great tool ;)

Sony
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1399 - 2014-06-29 13:39:40 UTC
Sony Ichosira wrote:
Firstly, I'd like to say big THANK YOU for this amazing tool. It's in my opinion the best tool overall created for eve online. This program does so much work I can't even describe.

Secondly, I'd like to ask a question - with the release of crius and all these industry changes, is IPH project going to be continued? It will have to calculate mora things, like job install cost etc, but I can't imagine my industry life without this great tool ;)

Sony

Hey, thanks for the nice comment.

Yes, I plan to update it. The only issue is how fast I can do it. Some stuff will be easy but a lot of other things are going to take a bit of time. Plus, CCP won't release a test DB so we can try a few things first. This is my main holdup for development right now.

Sony Ichosira
Doomheim
#1400 - 2014-06-29 16:02:11 UTC
You're welcome. It's only a small piece of what you deserve for this awesome tool.

My main concern, is if this program will be able to correctly calculate job installing costs (these costs will be one of the most important in calculating profitability). Materials and all that kind of stuff should be easy to update, but job scalling costs might be a bit problematic since there is a need to pull it from api.

Anyway, I hope you'll find a time to update this awesome tool.