These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data!

First post
Author
TA5E
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1101 - 2013-12-14 22:24:42 UTC
Where can you select the mining crystal for the T2 strip miners ?
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1102 - 2013-12-15 00:00:49 UTC
TA5E wrote:
Where can you select the mining crystal for the T2 strip miners ?

Top right corner will show T1 Crystals or T2 crystals. Select T2 and if the ore processing skills are level 4, the program will use T2 crystals. If you have level 3 selected, it will show T1 or below - None.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

TA5E
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1103 - 2013-12-15 02:36:09 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
TA5E wrote:
Where can you select the mining crystal for the T2 strip miners ?

Top right corner will show T1 Crystals or T2 crystals. Select T2 and if the ore processing skills are level 4, the program will use T2 crystals. If you have level 3 selected, it will show T1 or below - None.


Oh I see, thanks for the clarification.
Migal J
Liberam Tempus
#1104 - 2013-12-15 15:36:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Migal J
I added Isk per Hour to WiineHQ that is the Wine application database for Linux.

here the link.

http://appdb.winehq.org/
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#1105 - 2013-12-16 18:12:51 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
@Zifrian

Is there any way to do a shopping list for *just* invention supplies, based on the number of jobs I want to do?

I can do the opposite for production by ignoring invention, but I don't see a way to just build a straight invention job shopping list.

Just a simple, "I want to do X invention jobs for item ____ II using Y decryptor. Add to shopping list."

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Migal J
Liberam Tempus
#1106 - 2013-12-18 11:08:23 UTC
Hi, in blueprint tab,
if I try to calculate the profit of a T2 item but I have no price from eve-central for one of it's component;
IPH set zero as the price for that component, also if I set build/buy and have prices for the materials to build that component.

Is it possible to have IPH calculate the cost also if there isn't any price and maybe show that the cost cannot be compared.

Meat Shield1
smdnrs Industries
#1107 - 2013-12-18 15:11:18 UTC
I've loaded my api, ticked the CharacterSheet, Character Info, & AssetList only, but no list of BPOs are shown when I hit the 'Owned BPOs' option. Do I need to enable all the other stuff in the Private Information as well?

A really useful tool- thanks for the hard work!

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1108 - 2013-12-18 15:16:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Thiesant
Did you import the BPs from API?
Edit -> Manage Blueprints, click the 'Scan personal assets' or Scan corp assets', whichever is applicable.

Edit: Corrected the name of the menu item.

The two buttons are in the bottom-right third of the blueprint management screen.
Meat Shield1
smdnrs Industries
#1109 - 2013-12-18 15:20:37 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Did you import the BPs from API?
Edit -> Blueprint Management, click the 'Scan personal assets' or Scan corp assets', whichever is applicable.


Ah! don't recall seeing 'Scan personal Assets'. Thanks, will try that.
Badda Benjaminsen
Heimbrent
#1110 - 2013-12-19 00:26:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Badda Benjaminsen
In the Manufacturing List:

What is the actual difference between Raw Materials and Build/Buy? I mean with Raw Materials I have to buy all the raw materials for the components and the item right? Which automatically mean I have to build the components myself.
Doesn't that make Build/Buy the exact same thing? Or am I missing sumthin here?


Btw, thx for a great program Smile
Revinance Rycon
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1111 - 2013-12-22 09:27:09 UTC
Great program i got one problem

For some reason it doesnt import the price of the material: Shattered Villard wheel. I imported everything except that.
Jeedmo Dorn
Corioli X
#1112 - 2013-12-22 19:50:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeedmo Dorn
Thank you Zirfian for this utility!

I'm also finding that Ore prices are not automatically downloaded.

Thank you again for writing this utility.

Update
Sorry, found the "Import Prices" on the "Update Prices" tab (roughly bottom right). Working perfectly.
Eric de'Locke
Hull Pen
Dock Workers
#1113 - 2013-12-23 18:56:22 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Eric de'Locke wrote:
Hi Zifrian

First off, I want to say thank you for a great application. It has helped a budding manufacturer figure our so much.

I have only 1 thing that I find myself repeatedly doing in IPH and that is setting custom prices, especially for raw materials. I would love to see a feature added to make it easier to set custom prices globally as opposed to individually. For example, a spin edit that can set all selected prices by a percentage of whatever was downloaded that day.

Thanks again for a great app :)

You should be able to do this by selecting all regions on the price tab? I might not be understanding what you are asking.


HI Zifrian

Let me clarify for you: after downloading prices based on selected options, you can edit an items price in the ListView manually. It would be great to have an option to be able to edit all listed prices by a percentage, instead of having to manually edit all items. This wll help me to mass set discounted prices for corp mates quickly.

Thanks again for a great app.
Eric
Treia Laguna
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#1114 - 2013-12-26 13:22:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Treia Laguna
Ah... "Extra materials" were added to most ship BPOs in recent times. So much for my hiatus.
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1115 - 2013-12-27 15:48:27 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
@Zifrian

Is there any way to do a shopping list for *just* invention supplies, based on the number of jobs I want to do?

I can do the opposite for production by ignoring invention, but I don't see a way to just build a straight invention job shopping list.

Just a simple, "I want to do X invention jobs for item ____ II using Y decryptor. Add to shopping list."

No but I'll see if I can come up with something.
Migal J wrote:
Hi, in blueprint tab,
if I try to calculate the profit of a T2 item but I have no price from eve-central for one of it's component;
IPH set zero as the price for that component, also if I set build/buy and have prices for the materials to build that component.

Is it possible to have IPH calculate the cost also if there isn't any price and maybe show that the cost cannot be compared.


Thats a known issue I'm working on but yeah, a bit annoying. I hope to get that in the next update.
Badda Benjaminsen wrote:
In the Manufacturing List:

What is the actual difference between Raw Materials and Build/Buy? I mean with Raw Materials I have to buy all the raw materials for the components and the item right? Which automatically mean I have to build the components myself.
Doesn't that make Build/Buy the exact same thing? Or am I missing sumthin here?


Btw, thx for a great program Smile

Raw mats is if you build every component needed. Build/buy is a comparison of the buy price for the component to the build price. If the buy price is less than the build price, iph will suggest that you buy the item instead of building. Most times there is no difference but there are times when you can buy a few items cheaper.
Revinance Rycon wrote:
Great program i got one problem

For some reason it doesnt import the price of the material: Shattered Villard wheel. I imported everything except that.

Hmm, that's weird. EVE central is where I get the prices so for this item, there might not be any prices uploaded outside of the major trade hubs. I can't check it right now but try to import the price from jita and see if it's still blank. If it still doesn't work, I'll take a look but you can manually update the price in the update prices tab or the manual update from the Edit menu.
Eric de'Locke wrote:

HI Zifrian

Let me clarify for you: after downloading prices based on selected options, you can edit an items price in the ListView manually. It would be great to have an option to be able to edit all listed prices by a percentage, instead of having to manually edit all items. This wll help me to mass set discounted prices for corp mates quickly.

Thanks again for a great app.
Eric

Ahh ok, yeah that's on the list. I know what you are saying and something I've wanted to add for a bit. Not sure I can get it done in the next update though so might be a bit.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Full Metal Jackie
Defining Harassment
R-E-A-V-E-R-S
#1116 - 2014-01-02 15:19:40 UTC
An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Target: Void SetProductionTime()

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System:
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred:
Steps to reproduce the Error:

Exception Dump: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.SetProductionTime()
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.BuildItem(Int32 IgnoreRepairRAM, Boolean IgnoreT1, Boolean IgnoreMinerals, Boolean IgnoreInventionRE, Boolean Recycle, Boolean SetTaxes, Boolean SetUsage)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.DisplayManufacturingResults(Boolean Calculate)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.btnCalculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1117 - 2014-01-02 17:38:22 UTC
Full Metal Jackie wrote:
An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Target: Void SetProductionTime()

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System:
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred:
Steps to reproduce the Error:

Exception Dump: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.SetProductionTime()
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.BuildItem(Int32 IgnoreRepairRAM, Boolean IgnoreT1, Boolean IgnoreMinerals, Boolean IgnoreInventionRE, Boolean Recycle, Boolean SetTaxes, Boolean SetUsage)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.DisplayManufacturingResults(Boolean Calculate)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.btnCalculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


Can you provide some more information? What were you trying to calculate when this happened? How many production lines did you have? A screenshot with what you had selected would be helpful.

Thanks

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Haffsol
#1118 - 2014-01-04 08:42:28 UTC
Can someone clarify me just a couple of things I still don't understand? First off, items built at a constant loss. I've been checking (for instance) 1200mm Arties and Sleipnirs for quite a while now, through the manufacturing list, and they always seem to be unprofitable to build. I can accept that kind of output for items which can be purchased massively via buy orders but...... 1200mm Arties? Sleipnirs? I suspect I'm doing something wrong there.

The second thing is the SVR index, always in the Manu List. If I'm not wrong, it shows the volumes of that item being sold in the Hub you selected via the import prices (guess so at least), so it should depend merely on the item, not on the decryptor used to build it. But I see instead different values for each of the decryptors you are comparing. So, how are those values of the SVR weighted or how shell I interpret them?

Thanks in advance
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1119 - 2014-01-04 18:21:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Haffsol wrote:
Can someone clarify me just a couple of things I still don't understand? First off, items built at a constant loss. I've been checking (for instance) 1200mm Arties and Sleipnirs for quite a while now, through the manufacturing list, and they always seem to be unprofitable to build. I can accept that kind of output for items which can be purchased massively via buy orders but...... 1200mm Arties? Sleipnirs? I suspect I'm doing something wrong there.

The second thing is the SVR index, always in the Manu List. If I'm not wrong, it shows the volumes of that item being sold in the Hub you selected via the import prices (guess so at least), so it should depend merely on the item, not on the decryptor used to build it. But I see instead different values for each of the decryptors you are comparing. So, how are those values of the SVR weighted or how shell I interpret them?

Thanks in advance

Sleipnirs probably won't be profitable. It's a low use / high skill ship. Plus, if I remember right, there are a number of T2 BPO owners of command ships that fill the market. I don't remember seeing any of them making a profit for some time.

T2 1200 arties, I'm not sure but probably the same issue.

As for the SVR, that's the sales to volume ratio, not just the volumes sold. It calculates the number of items you could realistically make in a day, then divides the volume sold in a day with it. If the number is small, then you could fill the daily volume needs of your market. If it is less than one, then there is more supply then demand. So if you use a different decryptor, you could make more items a day and thus change the SVR value.

If it is blank, that means no one opened up the history of the item in a while, which is what EMD needs to calculate the history.

Hope that helps.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Full Metal Jackie
Defining Harassment
R-E-A-V-E-R-S
#1120 - 2014-01-05 02:24:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Full Metal Jackie
Zifrian wrote:
Full Metal Jackie wrote:
An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Target: Void SetProductionTime()

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System:
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred:
Steps to reproduce the Error:

Exception Dump: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.SetProductionTime()
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Blueprint.BuildItem(Int32 IgnoreRepairRAM, Boolean IgnoreT1, Boolean IgnoreMinerals, Boolean IgnoreInventionRE, Boolean Recycle, Boolean SetTaxes, Boolean SetUsage)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.DisplayManufacturingResults(Boolean Calculate)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.btnCalculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


Can you provide some more information? What were you trying to calculate when this happened? How many production lines did you have? A screenshot with what you had selected would be helpful.

Thanks

Here's a link of all that I had / have selected: http://imgur.com/a/sRMkQ

I was trying to use the Manufacturing List to see what my usual list of blueprints was going to net me. I open the program, update my prices, go to Manufacturing List, and click "Calculate". I had 0 lines and 0 labs as you can see in the screen shot.

- Everything is updated
- Windows 7 x64
- Tried running as admin
- Tried different combinations of selections within IPH and I still crash

EDIT-------

I just put in my 10 lines and 10 labs and it worked. Seems like that was the issue. When you asked about that in your response it spurred me to try it. Thanks a ton :]