These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data!

First post
Author
Tanja Diamond
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1061 - 2013-10-26 22:37:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanja Diamond
Hi

The BPs "Void S" and "Void M" are missing in my Blueprint Management window. I can't find a setting to get them on screen.
When I try to select all "Advanced Hybrid Charge Blueprints" on the type filter, the entry is missing.

Any ideas what to do? Delete and re-install the software?


Fly safe!
Tanja

EDIT:

  • Problem with Void S and Void M solved, a reset of the stored BP data helped...
  • The second issue in the type filter still exists
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1062 - 2013-10-27 12:28:51 UTC
Tanja Diamond wrote:
Hi

The BPs "Void S" and "Void M" are missing in my Blueprint Management window. I can't find a setting to get them on screen.
When I try to select all "Advanced Hybrid Charge Blueprints" on the type filter, the entry is missing.

Any ideas what to do? Delete and re-install the software?


Fly safe!
Tanja

EDIT:

  • Problem with Void S and Void M solved, a reset of the stored BP data helped...
  • The second issue in the type filter still exists

Void is a T2 BPC so try checking 'All' instead of 'BPOs' in the BP management tab. Note, you don't want to save T2 BPCs as owned since it'll treat them as T2 BPOs and your calcs will be off.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Maratega
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1063 - 2013-10-30 19:04:05 UTC
Hi!

First thanks for this great program!

I found a minor bug:
Manufacturing tab - decryptors 1.5x checkbox dont show info bubble on mouseover

I dont know what is this, maybe a bug too:
Blueprint tab - invention calculation, when activate decryptor selection, and use mouse scroll to change decryptors
watch the iph values, remember the value, scroll down 2 times in the decryptors selection, then scroll up 2 times, and the iph value not the same as first time with the same decryptor , same everything
When you hit the refresh button, that correct it for the original value

Some suggestion:
Blueprint tab - invention calculation
When you added items to shopping list , there will be a line: how many t1 bpc need for the invention
It would be very good to see always in the blueprint tab -invention section , its important data
It would be good to see live after selection, how many bpc-s needed with different decryptors
another good data there: profit %
because sometimes you want a minimum margin, not just iph

Manufacturing tab
I can sort with profit % - thats great
When i sort by iph, or svr, or svr*ip , why i cant see the profit %?
I need high svr items, at least specific profit margins, but i cant see the profit margin column, only in profit % sorting
So profit % data welcomed everywhere

Haffsol
#1064 - 2013-10-30 23:18:47 UTC
Prolly I'm bad at IPH but I can't understand why there are some items that always show no net profit nor "per hour" like the 1200mm Arties II: http://i.imgur.com/pnI9CrL.jpg

Checking the price history, it seems like odissey did something bad to them

A question related to the manufacturing list: I'd like to have in it a sort of summary of the stuff I'm gonna build and add/remove items to said list and click the "calculate" button for all of them at once. I imagine something like an "add to manufacturing list" button in the Blueprint tab would do it so that while I check BPO's I can plan the production on the manufacturing list
JP Boirelle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1065 - 2013-10-31 06:07:34 UTC
Excuse the noob question from the noob but is the link on the first page for the latest version?
Maratega
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1066 - 2013-10-31 19:58:56 UTC
Maratega wrote:

I dont know what is this, maybe a bug too:
Blueprint tab - invention calculation, when activate decryptor selection, and use mouse scroll to change decryptors
watch the iph values, remember the value, scroll down 2 times in the decryptors selection, then scroll up 2 times, and the iph value not the same as first time with the same decryptor , same everything
When you hit the refresh button, that correct it for the original value



This happens only when you set more than one lines, and more than one runs
The iph values are bad after decryptor change
It will be corrected when you hit the Refresh button
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1067 - 2013-11-01 00:18:50 UTC
Maratega wrote:
Hi!

First thanks for this great program!

I found a minor bug:
Manufacturing tab - decryptors 1.5x checkbox dont show info bubble on mouseover

I dont know what is this, maybe a bug too:
Blueprint tab - invention calculation, when activate decryptor selection, and use mouse scroll to change decryptors
watch the iph values, remember the value, scroll down 2 times in the decryptors selection, then scroll up 2 times, and the iph value not the same as first time with the same decryptor , same everything
When you hit the refresh button, that correct it for the original value

Some suggestion:
Blueprint tab - invention calculation
When you added items to shopping list , there will be a line: how many t1 bpc need for the invention
It would be very good to see always in the blueprint tab -invention section , its important data
It would be good to see live after selection, how many bpc-s needed with different decryptors
another good data there: profit %
because sometimes you want a minimum margin, not just iph

Manufacturing tab
I can sort with profit % - thats great
When i sort by iph, or svr, or svr*ip , why i cant see the profit %?
I need high svr items, at least specific profit margins, but i cant see the profit margin column, only in profit % sorting
So profit % data welcomed everywhere


Thanks for the notes. I'll take a look at the bugs. Shouldn't be hard to fix. The Manufacturing tab, that idea will be a bit. I'm in the middle of some changes that include that.

On the T1 BPCs in the shopping list, go into settings and select the option to include invention materials in the shopping list. See if that's what you're looking for. Not sure about the 1200 guns. I'll take a look to see if anything is screwy.

Haffsol wrote:
Prolly I'm bad at IPH but I can't understand why there are some items that always show no net profit nor "per hour" like the 1200mm Arties II: http://i.imgur.com/pnI9CrL.jpg

Checking the price history, it seems like odissey did something bad to them

A question related to the manufacturing list: I'd like to have in it a sort of summary of the stuff I'm gonna build and add/remove items to said list and click the "calculate" button for all of them at once. I imagine something like an "add to manufacturing list" button in the Blueprint tab would do it so that while I check BPO's I can plan the production on the manufacturing list

Um, I see what you are saying...I think. I'm not sure I can do that right now but see if marking BPs as favorites will work out for you.

JP Boirelle wrote:
Excuse the noob question from the noob but is the link on the first page for the latest version?

Yes mostly. If there is an update, it will ask you if you want to update the program on first run. So you will always have the latest version as long as you agree to install the updates.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#1068 - 2013-11-02 00:58:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgan Torry
Amazing tool! Always a time saver and great for new and old industrialists alike.

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

Bubba Johnson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1069 - 2013-11-03 22:42:35 UTC
is that tool correct?
I havent played eve for year but according to it. its more profitable to mine hi sec ores than null sec onesShocked
RZRNeMeC
Real DeepSpace Industries Corporation
#1070 - 2013-11-06 09:22:55 UTC
M8s can somebody tell what about ios version of this amazing tool and mac os ver?
rdy to invest some isks for dev of mac os and ios ver
Thunder Jolt
Frozen Monkeys
#1071 - 2013-11-06 23:33:56 UTC
Hey Zifrian,

I started using the Split prices option in the "Update prices" and I can crash the application everytime.
I'm using the last version, just starting IPH, importing prices in "Update prices" with "Split prices" checked (raw mat : min sell, items : max buy), then going to "Manufacturing list" -> calculate and when I double click on an item I get this :

Quote:
An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
Target: Void chkBPIgnoreInventionRECosts_CheckedChanged(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System:
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred:
Steps to reproduce the Error:

Exception Dump: System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.chkBPIgnoreInventionRECosts_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_Checked(Boolean value)
à EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmMain.lstManufacturing_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


Sorry about the french part :)
If you need more details about what's checked, I'll be happy to provide.
Haffsol
#1072 - 2013-11-08 09:07:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Haffsol
How do you remove stuff from the shopping list? The Remove Item button does nothing here

edit: nvm I've found that the remove item only removes...... items for the item list. Couldn't believe it at first >.>
Buy anyway having the chance to remove single materials from the shopping list could be useful. As much as an "All" check box for decryptors in the manufacturing list.

my 2 cents
Dalziel Nardieu
Gentile Seal Clubbers
#1073 - 2013-11-13 06:52:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Dalziel Nardieu
Great program!
Yahyan
Shayol Ghul Forge
#1074 - 2013-11-18 10:20:44 UTC
I want to make a suggestion for this great program.
Program can already show our industry jobs and i am curious if we can use this in our production plan

Lets say we can make a manufacture plan in program
-make manufacture plan(item list to be manufactured) and it prepares a shopping list depending on preferences which are already saved.
-acquire items and start production
-industry jobs shown (user needs to refresh it for program to get info) after last shopping list will be stored.
-each industry jobs finished(need refresh) will remove the corresponding amount from our manufacture plan.
-manufacture plan will show how far we made through the plan, we will get accurate and fast info about our work.

This can really make industrialists life a lot easier. We like to plan stuff a lot and for that plan we had to spend a lot of time in click-fest of eve industry system.

I am aware this kind of thing require a lot of work for programming. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Keep up the good work Zifrian
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1075 - 2013-11-19 02:21:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
New update.

Build 2.2.5070.35681
* Updated to Rubicon 1.0_93082 Database and Images

I'll try and fix the issues found above this week or work them as best I can. Thanks

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Alyssa Wyatt
Bazinga Labs
#1076 - 2013-11-19 16:47:18 UTC
Curious, any change of an error handler so the program doesn't crash while attempting to get prices from Eve-Central on items that is yet to be in their database?

Just a thought Smile
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1077 - 2013-11-19 19:50:40 UTC
Alyssa Wyatt wrote:
Curious, any change of an error handler so the program doesn't crash while attempting to get prices from Eve-Central on items that is yet to be in their database?

Just a thought Smile

Is this still happening? I added code to deal with this and it ran fine last night even though eve central wasn't updated. Let me know if this isn't the case.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Alyssa Wyatt
Bazinga Labs
#1078 - 2013-11-20 01:15:06 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Alyssa Wyatt wrote:
Curious, any change of an error handler so the program doesn't crash while attempting to get prices from Eve-Central on items that is yet to be in their database?

Just a thought Smile

Is this still happening? I added code to deal with this and it ran fine last night even though eve central wasn't updated. Let me know if this isn't the case.


Ok, isn't happening now, so not sure what happened lol, thanks
Zifrian
FAYN Industries
Dark Side of the Eclipse
#1079 - 2013-11-20 01:18:01 UTC
Yeah he used to just send back 0's for an item that wasn't in the DB but awhile back changed it to error. So now I send all these requests in and have to parse them when they fail (1 bad code in 100 sent errors all 100) and then resubmit. It takes longer and sometimes screws up so let me know if it happens again and on what settings and I can work it.

At some point I would like to put EMD as an option in case there are issues with EVE Central but that's some work I can't get to soon.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Zul Zoorander
Universal Logistic Industries
#1080 - 2013-11-21 20:55:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Zul Zoorander
Hello,

thanks for the excellent program. I try to find my way around and have two remarks so far :

Installation:

1) Installer Path : By default it shows the User's AppData directory for installation which imho is not the right place but it
should go into C:\Program Files ( if its a 64bit app - my machine is 64bit installation ) or into C:\Program FIles (x86) if it's a 32bit
program. I assumed its a 32bit one and put it therefore into the latter directory

2) The program doesn't launch on a Windows 8 ( not 8.1) Ultimate 64bit machine and crashes without any other message
than the windows message saying that it crashed ... . It installs fine as mentioned above. The only way to get it running is putting it into WindowsXP SP3 compatibility mode ( Tried with Win7 - doesn't work either )

I have no clue what the consequences could be though and the following may be one of them:

When selecting on the blueprint tab "Blueprint Type" -> "Owned" the drop down list above is empty but i have a couple of BPOs in my assets which are not currently used for manufacturing. My API key allows to see the assets and i checked all inside the character selection panel refering to the various information items.

Cheers

Zul