These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Pirate Story Thread

First post First post
Author
Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#761 - 2013-07-30 16:34:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Vol Arm'OOO
Small little bit of Yar, but it was fun for me. I had previously participated in a couple of corpmates heists of orcas from people who were misusing them as large floating cargo cans while they mined, but I had never actually found one of my own until one day I happened to come across with my covert scanning alt two hulks and a orca in a belt. The hulks were both occupied with loading the unpiloted orca with ore. I presumed that the hulks had the orca target locked so that i couldn't just go up and board it so I started thinking how I could do this. Well the last time I had done something like this we had bumped the afk hulk out of locking range of the orca, but that wouldnt work this time since there were two of them and once i started bumping one the other would know and that would be it. So i settled on a griffin to suicide jam both hulks. But of course my main was twenty jumps away and did not own a griffin. So I start moving over and while trying to find a griffin with proper mods all the while i'm sweating that they are going to finish up and leave. Ofc as I get within about 5 jumps or so, one of the hulks starts aligning and leaves. Damn I think thats it they are done. Sure enough the other hulks starts moving, but instead of heading to the orca and boarding, it aligns and warps out, leaving the unpiloted orca behind. I do a double take, board the orca, grab my covert scanner and just as i'm entering warp, the hulk pilots return at zero to the belt. I give a wave in local and im off. Grand theft orca. My favorite moment in eve.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#762 - 2013-07-30 22:09:29 UTC
Hehe, grand theft Orca. Not technically theft, though. Just supreme stupidity. What was the response in local?

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#763 - 2013-08-01 03:19:29 UTC
Relego wrote:
So my effort to extract tears failed, resulting in me just giving some helpful advice instead, but a highsec anomaly may have resulted in one of the most WTF quality lolfit KM's I've ever seen.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20133167

As it turns out, anom wrecks are the new mining jetcans.

I stopped trolling highsec anomolies after realising that all of the people I killed in them were under a week old.

Before that, I'd been running them suspect in the general area around Dodixie in an Enyo (a ship I have nearly perfect skills for now, but at the time had mostly 4s). I'd lock any other player in the site, and they often shot me. I'd pop them, then scram their pod and look at their character sheet to work out a fair ransom amount - only to see 'Member of Calle University for 1 day'.

Then I'd unscram them, and point them in the direction of one of the Advanced Military agents that they hadn't done so they could get a new Catalyst, and give them fitting advice and send them on their way.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#764 - 2013-08-01 03:49:44 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Relego wrote:
So my effort to extract tears failed, resulting in me just giving some helpful advice instead, but a highsec anomaly may have resulted in one of the most WTF quality lolfit KM's I've ever seen.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20133167

As it turns out, anom wrecks are the new mining jetcans.

I stopped trolling highsec anomolies after realising that all of the people I killed in them were under a week old.

Before that, I'd been running them suspect in the general area around Dodixie in an Enyo (a ship I have nearly perfect skills for now, but at the time had mostly 4s). I'd lock any other player in the site, and they often shot me. I'd pop them, then scram their pod and look at their character sheet to work out a fair ransom amount - only to see 'Member of Calle University for 1 day'.

Then I'd unscram them, and point them in the direction of one of the Advanced Military agents that they hadn't done so they could get a new Catalyst, and give them fitting advice and send them on their way.

I've started to feel much the same about 1 wk old explorer in low sec. It just feels dirty. They think they are invincible in their magnates with 4 lows full of core stabs. I have been telling them to stop fitting stabs and fit for battle. I know it wont help but it would make feel better to get shot at and see a shield booster running.

Then again, they knew what they were getting into by going to low sec but I hate to propagate the low sec = instant death myths before they get a chance to shoot back.

Ventures are another story all together. I don't give a rat's ass if you're on a trial acct, my sebo wants to talk to your pod!
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#765 - 2013-08-01 16:54:37 UTC
Vol Arm'OOO wrote:
Grand theft orca. My favorite moment in eve.

This has a distinct "Dukes of Hazzard" feel to it. I can see that Hulk pilot throwing his space-hat to the deck and space-stomping on it as he rages.

Big smile
Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#766 - 2013-08-01 20:51:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Vol Arm'OOO
Zappity wrote:
Hehe, grand theft Orca. Not technically theft, though. Just supreme stupidity. What was the response in local?

No tears in local - but one of the toons never logged in again (I kept tabs on them for a while just to see if they would do anything else dumb). I'm always torn about rage quits - its funny when it happens but long term - losing a target is kinda a bummer.

Anyways I do have a local orca tears story -- when I was a new toon I used to can flip in an sb. I would go to belts flip miners then cloak and see what would happen. Now I was only a few months old at the time with very little pvp knowledge and could just barely sit in my sb. So one day I go to a belt in empire and there is this guy in a hulk with several cans out. I start flipping them - he warps off, I finish up the flpping and cloak up and wait. To my surprise instead of a bestower or some other hauler all of a sudden this big ass ship called an orca shows up. I do some quick research and see that it is a big hauler. He grabs the cans and goes suspect - I'm like "no way." So I uncloak and point it - (at this point I didn't know they could carry drones but fortunately he didn't have any) and start torpedoing. Well he then starts talking in local

EVE System Channel changed to Sileperer Local Channel
target: help in belt 10 bounty up
target: xxx pirate
target: my corp have set you red fuckhead
target: i wiil find you soon ;)
xxx: there she blows
xxx harpoon me a whale
target: and so do you,
xxx: yarr
xxx you shouldnt go around stealing other peoples ore mate
target: xxx = no body! lol
xxx: no body knows teh trouble i've seen
target: watch out for : xxx he will try to flip you
BigJohnG did he flip a can? because he never was an outlaw
xxx pay him no mind -- he just likes to steal other peoples ore
target: LOL
target: NM, just be carefull

Now that is all pretty mild - nothing too ragey. And of course nothing happens from his threats until about three years pass and CCP changes the bounty system. The day after the system is changed I log on to find a 200mil bounty i'm like wtf? who would waste that kinda of isk on a lowsec dweller who could be shot any time you wanted anyway? Well when I went to look I found that sure enough it was my orca kill from all those years ago. So I send him a message and ask the standard "U mad?" and I get the following response:

Re: U mad bro?
Sent: 2012.12.20 18:57
To: xxxx,

yup, at you. prommised to get you back for that Orca, lol

U mad bro?
Sent: 2012.12.20 03:33
To: target,

Just asking....

After that message he bumps my bounty by another 200mil. I then send him some more messages to goad him a little and sure enough by the time he is done I have a 800mil bounty. Now I live in lowsec/null and only fly cheap t1 bc's etc. . . so bounties are kinda pointless against me but they look cool. Every time I die I message him and ask him to refill the bounty but he seems to have reached his limit. So at the end of the day, I managed to kill his orca which got him so bent out of shape that he held a multi-year grudge which resulted him in blowing the isk equivalent of a whole other orca. You got to love eve - only video game I know that people can develop such a long lasting hate for you that it spans the years....

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#767 - 2013-08-02 13:54:03 UTC
Lol
I love bounties. It's like extra harm to the target, on top of what I've already done. And it's self-inflicted!
Taiko Igunen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#768 - 2013-08-02 22:45:12 UTC
Vol Arm'OOO wrote:

You got to love eve - only video game I know that people can develop such a long lasting hate for you that it spans the years....

I find most of the "tearz stories" quite poor ... but dude, several year lasting hate - respect. (:

Cheers

PS: Work like a captain, play like a pirate. (;

Here's to you, here's to me, friends forever we will be ... and if we ever disagree, f*** you, and here's to me. Cheers!

CCP, give us open pvp: Distress Calls

AshenShugar01
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#769 - 2013-08-08 04:26:25 UTC
This is an old one from a few years ago but it remains a fav of mine.

So i killed a covetor with pod in a belt, OMS (very smart) and he convo's me so i thought i'd do a little role-playing.....

AshenShugar01 > yarrr?
Alonz'a > i know this is how the game is played
Alonz'a > but
AshenShugar01 > aye, it is that
Alonz'a > when you are a miner you mine and i can not find jespt anywere but in low sec
AshenShugar01 > ye be a-mining in Olde Man star, that be a very bad idear me 'Earty
Alonz'a > so that means i will have to go back and back because
AshenShugar01 > ye should try down in Molden Heath, i a-swear i a saw some Jaspet tharrr
Alonz'a > thats out of my place
Alonz'a > to be there
AshenShugar01 > shiver me timbers i think it was in hi sec too me 'earty
Alonz'a > so were i was is in place so i will be back and back get your booms ready
AshenShugar01 > well that be all fine with me there you olde salty dog, but i must feel free to warn ye of danger, there be pirates in those waters numbering many
AshenShugar01 > yarrrrr that is the case aye
AshenShugar01 > they will send ye straight to davey jones locker i tells ye
Alonz'a > you dont get it its space and anybody can go were thay wont
AshenShugar01 > that be the truth
Alonz'a > so why do peps think that you should take space from other and keep it for your self i bet you dont even mine.
AshenShugar01 > nay i never mine, I am a pirate aye
Alonz'a > will that would be the case
Alonz'a > so tell me what do you get out of it then i am in a ship that is far below you and u blow me up like it's nothing.
AshenShugar01 > it aint aboot space or about who's nailed to the mizzen mast, it be about plunder and murder. We pirates a-like the simple things in life
AshenShugar01 > aye that we do
Alonz'a > ok then ask your self this go find a big fight and some one who could fight back and kick your but.
AshenShugar01 > I mostly do thar kickin' and keel haulen there Alonz'arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Alonz'a > i cant belive you typed this and call your self a pirate ? (Revelations 6:8) (I have it in my bio)
AshenShugar01 > I be sorry thar, me rrrrrrrrrrrrrr sorta trailed off after that there sentence, aye it did
Alonz'a > Alonz'a > i cant believe you typed this and call your self a pirate ? (Revelations 6:8)
AshenShugar01 > do ye realize ye just repeated yourself thar?
Alonz'a > so you could see it again
AshenShugar01 > aye i did see it tharrrrr
Alonz'a > ? why do you call your self SEXUAL DEVIANT SOLDIER. ? (This was Heretics title for me at the time)
AshenShugar01 > what u believe or donna believe aint a problem that thar concerns me aye
Alonz'a > I KNOW THIS
Alonz'a > IS'T A GAME
AshenShugar01 > aye that it be that it be
Alonz'a > where r u so i can blow you up
AshenShugar01 > I be in a tall masted ship sailing the seven seas (From memory i was in a hookbill and he brought a BC)
AshenShugar01 > where be thee?
Alonz'a > LOL
AshenShugar01 > aye, will ye look at that tharrr it rhymes it does
Alonz'a > i am here were r u
AshenShugar01 > i grow tired of thee thar victim, i am done with ye
AshenShugar01 > i thank ye for this there chat tho me 'earty
Alonz'a > then why you blow me up you could have let me live and let me tell other about you but if you blow me up then i cant say anything.
AshenShugar01 > and pray tell we meet again soon
Alonz'a > LOL
AshenShugar01 > fare thee well, and smooth sailing to ye
AshenShugar01 > yarrrrrrr
AshenShugar01 > o/

Its from like 2011 or something but reading this thread reminded me of it. Smile
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#770 - 2013-08-09 17:17:50 UTC
Savnire Jacitu
Undead Retirement Crypt
#771 - 2013-08-14 19:28:21 UTC
I just came back to this game after a few months , and decide to start easy with some AWOXing.

So I bait some marks and get a hook after about an hour, they let me in and I head to their home system. I talk with them a bit and find out that they are getting an orca for the first time in about an hour or so. Oh there very first orca! How cute! I took this as a sign that re-joining this games was the right thing to do....for me...not them...

So i spend sometime just ship spinning, pretending to be interested in what they were talking about as far as the future of the corp, (oh you guys will be a huge multi trill null corp one day...sure you will, let me help you out with that). Suddenly *DING* my moment arrives! The ceo starts talking about how the orca was just purchased and on route to home base*insert evil smile*.

I leave the station and position myself at the gate and wait a bit (my harby has xbox so I don't mind waiting). However something unexpected happens, the ceo starts saying that the orca is under attack. "What? I'm not attacking you guys yet?"

I check to see if they are at war, nope, another AWOXer? Yup. At this point I'm laughing my ass off at this and open a convo with the guy who beat me to my mark. We talk about how it's funny that we had the same mark, exchange stories about past ship popping, all the while he is trying to get the corp to give him half the price of the orca or he pops it. They are begging with him PLEASE SIR WE WON'T EVEN BE MAD IF YOU STOP JUST LEAVE US BE! He and I are laughing pretty hard at the things they were promising (We'll make you CEO, well get you the money, we'll let you stay in the corp!....really?)

He tells me to come into system but to stay off site incase he needs help, hey I respect that he beat me, so he can call some shots here. And a good thing he had me come out, he waited a little to long for the ransom and they had someone out repping the orca and his dps wasn't enough anymore. He asked if I would warp in and kindly supply the extra DPS needed at this time. I couldn't of said no to that.

In I warp, "BEHOLD THE MIGHTY POWER OF TWO INTERNET SPACE DICKS!!" And in about 10 seconds pop goes the orca

So this new friend of mine suggests, hey want to try again? Sure why not! We look around and find another mark and join up, only minutes after the orca kill(seriously people check the history). So this one turns interesting right away, our ceo is willing to fly our stuff to their home base in his rusty old Fenrir. Oh boy! So my friend sends outs out a fake contract, saying that it's plex, shirts, and **** that he is too afraid to undock with in anything small. Contract gets accepted, Wow really? This guy is falling for this obvious trap? Alright, now any bad feeling I had are gone (spoiler- I didn't have any to begin with so I went negative)

So now my friend and I are waiting on gate, Fen jumps in, BEGIN THE ASSULT! Trapped, in hull,can't move, and we are demanding 600mil ransom. Oh you have to get on your alt to give us the money? Oh it will take 30 minutes for you to log on to your alt? Ok let me just wait for you to do th- pop goes the Fenrir

Not bad for a first day back if I do say so myself.

More to come? Probs. (Next time chat logs too)

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#772 - 2013-08-24 05:18:14 UTC
What is the response to a ganker? Furry Vengeance!
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#773 - 2013-08-24 05:23:24 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:

This was fun the first time guy.
Ethan Hendricks
Space Chaps Industries
#774 - 2013-08-24 17:37:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Hendricks
I'll start off by admitting that I'm not a pirate. As a matter of fact, at the time my corporation was purely industrial, and getting hit hard by wardecs from bored aggressors. Finally I had enough of it and decided to make a stand.

These guys had been talking smack to us and flying around in a pair of incursus for a few days, so I figured a nice cormy fit could keep out of blaster range and gut them like fish. Word on the comm chat was that they were station camping one of my corpmates, and a quick dscan froma safespot confirmed this. I decide to do a quick flyby of the station by warping to a planet directly behind the station. I see two red flashies show up on my overview for a split second before disappearing, and I drop out of warp at 30km from the planet. They obviously saw me buzz by, because a few seconds later one of them warps to the planet... to zero. As you all know, an Incursus can't hit shyte more than, say, two feet away, and he landed right in my optimal. Two volleys land, and the second Incursus finally joins the fun... yet again warping to zero on the planet. One more volley and the first Incursus is dead, at which point I turn my point on the second Incursus and make short work of him as well. The pods slip between my fingers, but I've made my mark and can't wait for more action. An hour later they return, one in another Incursus and the second now in an Atron. They manage to get me to a neighboring system, where I pop the Atron with no trouble. The Incursus bugs off, and returns a minute later barreling straight for me. Too late, I notice another wartarget log on, at which point the Incursus is circling under my guns and tackling me. I get a lucky shot off and pop the Incursus right as the new wartarget lands on grid in, of all things, a cane! At 1/3 shields and with the scrambler still fuzzing up my warp drive, I'm laid out on a table and all the cane has to do is sneeze at me. But the joke's on them, because my first pvp experience ended up with me putting four notches on my belt before being put down by a ship two class sizes larger.

Rest in peace, lovely Cormorant!

These were obviously some amateur pilots trying to be the biggest bullies on the playground, but considering I had been training mostly industrial at that point and had sub-par combat skills, I think I held rather well on my own against them. More than that, however, it was my first solo combat experience, and I may soon have to depart my industrial corp and set sail for bloodier waters!

Incidentally, this little adventure of mine caught the attention of our unworthy opponents, who were apparently talking about me when I logged on the next day. They accidentally invited me to their private war comm channel, giving away their out-of-corp scouts!

[ 2013.05.27 17:48:43 ] EVE System > Channel MOTD: ♛ Канал PVP ♛
[ 2013.05.27 17:48:43 ] Enemy Scout > Solar System*'>Hatori*
[ 2013.05.27 17:48:57 ] WarTarget > 7 прыгов
[ 2013.05.27 17:49:03 ] Ethan Hendricks > o7
[ 2013.05.27 17:49:06 ] Ethan Hendricks > xD
[ 2013.05.27 17:49:14 ] Ethan Hendricks > did you REALLY just invite me to your chat?

And directly afterwards, they booted me from the chat. Gotta love that Russian hospitality!
Sir Spottington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#775 - 2013-08-24 23:16:47 UTC
Ethan Hendricks wrote:
I'll start off by admitting that I'm not a pirate. As a matter of fact, at the time my corporation was purely industrial, and getting hit hard by wardecs from bored aggressors. Finally I had enough of it and decided to make a stand.

These guys had been talking smack to us and flying around in a pair of incursus for a few days, so I figured a nice cormy fit could keep out of blaster range and gut them like fish. Word on the comm chat was that they were station camping one of my corpmates, and a quick dscan froma safespot confirmed this. I decide to do a quick flyby of the station by warping to a planet directly behind the station. I see two red flashies show up on my overview for a split second before disappearing, and I drop out of warp at 30km from the planet. They obviously saw me buzz by, because a few seconds later one of them warps to the planet... to zero. As you all know, an Incursus can't hit shyte more than, say, two feet away, and he landed right in my optimal. Two volleys land, and the second Incursus finally joins the fun... yet again warping to zero on the planet. One more volley and the first Incursus is dead, at which point I turn my point on the second Incursus and make short work of him as well. The pods slip between my fingers, but I've made my mark and can't wait for more action. An hour later they return, one in another Incursus and the second now in an Atron. They manage to get me to a neighboring system, where I pop the Incursus with no trouble. The Atron bugs off, and returns a minute later barreling straight for me. Too late, I notice another wartarget log on, at which point the atron is circling under my guns and tackling me. I get a lucky shot off and pop the Atron right as the new wartarget lands on grid in, of all things, a cane! At 1/3 shields and with the scrambler still fuzzing up my warp drive, I'm laid out on a table and all the cane has to do is sneeze at me. But the joke's on them, because my first pvp experience ended up with me putting four notches on my belt before being put down by a ship two class sizes larger.

These were obviously some amateur pilots trying to be the biggest bullies on the playground, but considering I had been training mostly industrial at that point and had sub-par combat skills, I think I held rather well on my own against them. More than that, however, it was my first solo combat experience, and I may soon have to depart my industrial corp and set sail for bloodier waters!

see, rather than moaning you killed stuff. Wish everyone would lol
Ethan Hendricks
Space Chaps Industries
#776 - 2013-08-24 23:39:00 UTC
Sir Spottington wrote:

see, rather than moaning you killed stuff. Wish everyone would lol

I get bored ship spinning, and there's no point in letting somebody bring my entire corproation's work to a halt. I don't take crap lying down, and since then I've been mobilizing for every wardec. I haven't had any good runs like that first one, but I don't just run and hide.

I'll be editing my previous post when I get on my computer, so I can put in the killmails. It seems like they're not all showing up properly.
Taiko Igunen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#777 - 2013-08-25 07:52:46 UTC
As this is the PIRATE STORY thread, I'd appreciate some pirate stories ... I enjoy reading the "I killed stuff" stories nontheless and suggest hereby to CCP to make up an official WARTIME STORY thread, where capsuleers sit by the fire and tell about wardecs and the like.

Cheers

Here's to you, here's to me, friends forever we will be ... and if we ever disagree, f*** you, and here's to me. Cheers!

CCP, give us open pvp: Distress Calls

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#778 - 2013-08-26 16:47:39 UTC
Taiko Igunen wrote:
As this is the PIRATE STORY thread, I'd appreciate some pirate stories ... I enjoy reading the "I killed stuff" stories nontheless and suggest hereby to CCP to make up an official WARTIME STORY thread, where capsuleers sit by the fire and tell about wardecs and the like.

Cheers

It has been stated multiple times throughout this entire thread (yes I read every page) that pvp stories (any security space) counted as a "pirate" story. This thread is moreso of a pvp sharing thread.

Ethan, great write up. I love seeing the bullies get beaten right back.

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Ethan Hendricks
Space Chaps Industries
#779 - 2013-08-26 21:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Ethan Hendricks
Quote:
Ethan, great write up. I love seeing the bullies get beaten right back.

I'm getting bored with industry, and this thread has set me down a dark path. Something in my gut tells me that I'll soon be roaming the stars under a black flag of my own, making more stories to add to this thread. The galaxy will soon know the fury of Hyperion Hendricks! Yarr!Pirate
Anne McDonald
Sandman are here
#780 - 2013-08-30 15:36:20 UTC
So this just happened and I could not stop laughing so I thought I would share my experience with you guys.

I was sat on my usual gate with my usual setup late last night and a guy jumps in with 500mill itty V I lock I shoot he pops I snag myself 200mill in loot and think nothing of it another day another gank but then my scanner calls a target 1bill in missiles he says and types his name.... it is the same person in the same ship coming through the same gate being ganked by the same person I have to pounce so after looting I open convo I did not get tears and the convo was short but to the point.

[15:20:00] Victim > sup
[15:20:03] Victim > you must loove me
[15:20:11] Anne McDonald > lol hi
[15:20:20] Anne McDonald > why do you carry so much?
[15:20:32] Anne McDonald > are you going to bring me something nice tomorrow
[15:20:54] Victim > because im apparently a horrible noob and didnt know you could gank so quickly in high sec
[15:21:14] Victim > are you done rubbing it in yet?
[15:22:00] Anne McDonald > at least you know you need to improve your fits, each one is getting better maybe tomorrow you will tank me :)

but really not knowing ganks can happen so fast in highsec?? it happend to him 16 hours ago!?!?!