These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Pirate Story Thread

First post First post
Author
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#581 - 2012-12-10 16:38:06 UTC
Didn't honour your word Sad not cool man

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Rezig Huruta
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#582 - 2012-12-10 19:04:59 UTC
Yeah, I agree.

You should honor your word.

The whole "Eve is a dangerous place" and "Never trust anyone..." is nothing more than an excuse for people to behave like absolute douches.

Not only that, but you'll NEVER collect another cent from that guy, or anyone he talks to. Imagine if you kept your word and found him again. He'd probably blink your wallet even before you have him tackled.

You can fleece a sheep many times, but only skin him once.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#583 - 2012-12-10 19:24:13 UTC
Rezig Huruta wrote:
You can fleece a sheep many times, but only skin him once.

I have a story in here where I skinned a sheep 3+ times. Somehow he always grew a new one.

I don't honor ransoms because other than the one guy (who paid me every time), I have not encountered victims again who were dumb enough to get into that situation twice.

And honor? Really? Being a douche is more fun.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Teardrop Butterfly
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#584 - 2012-12-10 21:20:32 UTC
Another story; not as much build up as the last one, and a kill that wasn't very inspiring but which ended in a really good result for me.

Cruising around for war targets as usual when I come across one alone in a system. Nothing on scan for a while until I see a Thorax with a name I recognise. It has a Vexor with it however which is a bit odd seeing as he has no corp members in local.

I decided to probe it out anyway and get a 100% hit on the first attempt after narrowing their mission location down first using d-scan. Probes in system for less than 10 seconds before they're back in my hold, score!

Warp in to the mission...gate 1...gate 2...gate 3...war target in the Thorax as I suspected, and a neutral Vexor!

Burn to the target, who apparently hasn't noticed me and lock him down. The ship pops some time later.

Kill

Start getting a lock on the pod and that soon is also locked down. I leave him just sitting there for a minute or so to see what happens and I get a convo through.

Varje > What do ya want ?
Teardrop Butterfly > make me an offer
Varje > i ahve 41mill
Teardrop Butterfly > not good enough, i'll let your pod go for 500m
Teardrop Butterfly > you have my word
Varje > can i owe and i am a mas of my word
Varje > man*
Teardrop Butterfly > i'm afraid not
Teardrop Butterfly > borrow it off someone in your alliance
Varje > give me 10min
Teardrop Butterfly > you can have 10 minutes
Teardrop Butterfly > but
Teardrop Butterfly > if i see anyone hostile in local, or any ship on short range scan, you know what will happen
Varje > well not happen
Varje > If i give you the isk will you let me go ?
Varje > 500mill
Teardrop Butterfly > i always honour ransoms, it's how i make isk
Varje > 541mill
Varje > good
Varje > will give ya the 541mill now
Teardrop Butterfly > ok
Teardrop Butterfly > you're free to go
Varje > you scaret the crap out of me
Varje > well hope not to meet ya agien eny time soon
Teardrop Butterfly > fly safe o/

500m profit. One pod spared.
I like explosions.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#585 - 2012-12-10 22:55:50 UTC
Teardrop Butterfly wrote:
profit

Always love it when there is money making involved Pirate . Sadly for me a broken wrist and a cast has kept me from PvP (i have all modules and commands mapped to the keyboard) so I am using the time to learn how to probe down missions Big smile

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Teardrop Butterfly
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#586 - 2012-12-10 23:21:24 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Teardrop Butterfly wrote:
profit

Always love it when there is money making involved Pirate . Sadly for me a broken wrist and a cast has kept me from PvP (i have all modules and commands mapped to the keyboard) so I am using the time to learn how to probe down missions Big smile

Probing down missions is lucrative! Check my previous post RE the Golem...Big smile
I like explosions.
CraftyCroc
Fraternity Alliance Please Ignore
#587 - 2012-12-12 20:48:56 UTC
AndreWanJinn wrote:
So a friend of mine (Ace) and I were roaming our usual nullsec space, when we spotted a drake jumping into lowsec. As I was in a vengeance and Ace was in a zealot, I jumped first.

The drake promptly started talking in local, and asking me what I want. I gave him a little speech about how I was a low sp character and I was bored and trying to suicide my vengeance into something. He didn't quite believe me, but he obliged to sit at a (rather poor) safe long enough for probes to find him and me to scram and web him.

He immediately starts pleading for his life, and I demand the nice round sum of 50 mil isk for his life. After explaining to him how he can give me money (lol) my wallet starts blinking. I tell my buddy that we can commence shooting, and the drake just gets more desperate.

He promises that he'll pay more, so we stop. He offers us 25mil now and 25mil after we let him go. Graciously accepting the 25 mil we teach him a hard lesson about EVE. (Something along the lines of 'don't trust people because they will rip you off').

75mil in the pocket and here's the drake killmail: http://www.ineluctable.eu/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11646.
Funny how his drake was only 66mil.

He then proceeds to start throwing profanity and threats at me, to which I responded that he could 'bring it.
After some more profanity and cursing and threatening I just start to ignore his mails (collecting tears as time passes, he just keeps getting madder and madder). He also put a 25

Then I got a mail saying this: Sorry about my younger brothers foul mouth, he sneaks on my character some times. What did he do?

I will leave you with that to figure out whether it's true or the guy is just apologetic.

Eurgh

Shame on you.
Shusakurwa
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#588 - 2012-12-13 03:37:13 UTC
AndreWanJinn wrote:
So a friend of mine (Ace) and I were roaming our usual nullsec space, when we spotted a drake jumping into lowsec. As I was in a vengeance and Ace was in a zealot, I jumped first.

The drake promptly started talking in local, and asking me what I want. I gave him a little speech about how I was a low sp character and I was bored and trying to suicide my vengeance into something. He didn't quite believe me, but he obliged to sit at a (rather poor) safe long enough for probes to find him and me to scram and web him.

He immediately starts pleading for his life, and I demand the nice round sum of 50 mil isk for his life. After explaining to him how he can give me money (lol) my wallet starts blinking. I tell my buddy that we can commence shooting, and the drake just gets more desperate.

He promises that he'll pay more, so we stop. He offers us 25mil now and 25mil after we let him go. Graciously accepting the 25 mil we teach him a hard lesson about EVE. (Something along the lines of 'don't trust people because they will rip you off').

75mil in the pocket and here's the drake killmail: http://www.ineluctable.eu/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11646.

He then proceeds to start throwing profanity and threats at me, to which I responded that he could 'bring it.
After some more profanity and cursing and threatening I just start to ignore his mails (collecting tears as time passes, he just keeps getting madder and madder). He also put a 25

Then I got a mail saying this: Sorry about my younger brothers foul mouth, he sneaks on my character some times. What did he do?

I will leave you with that to figure out whether it's true or the guy is just apologetic.

yeah, very smart of you posting your low deed here.
I hope Ineluctable is ok with the reputation they'll get.
Also if you ever get caught by one of the reader, they will ransom you and pop you right after, with a pretty good justification.
Good job (Y)
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#589 - 2012-12-13 03:54:20 UTC
Shusakurwa wrote:
Also if you ever get caught by one of the reader, they will ransom you and pop you right after, with a pretty good justification.
Good job (Y)

Oh you! Using your admonishing voice again. Keep it up! It's cute!

Shusakurwa
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#590 - 2012-12-13 04:11:59 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
Shusakurwa wrote:
Good job (Y)

what do you mean, "again" ?

and I'm not admonishing (thanks for the new vocabulary btw) anybody.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#591 - 2012-12-13 04:20:31 UTC
Shusakurwa wrote:
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
Shusakurwa wrote:
Good job (Y)

what do you mean, "again" ?

and I'm not admonishing (thanks for the new vocabulary btw) anybody.

So you were not, in fact, implying he is a bad person, giving his corporation a bad reputation, and that any bad action taken against him is justifiable because he is a bad person? Carry on then.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#592 - 2012-12-13 19:09:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
OK,

So I have been gunning to try out the new Kill Rights system. Lucky for me, this happened.

Raven Navy:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15477444

POD:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15477443

I was busy camping war targets when he undocked in that Navy Raven. I don't know if my large bounty blinded him, but suddenly I am being shot at by this punk. Concord swoops in to safe me and I get point on him to make sure I get the KillMail.

I noticed that just for the act of engaging me, gave me Kill Rights. So I waited, every time he logged on I go and check what he is flying. Today it was a Rattlesnake. Since you have to activate the Kill Right with him on grid I sat in system with him and a corp mate sat on the other side of the gate to point him. Knowing that a Rattlesnake can Tank like Hell I decided to bring out the big guns. It is not often anybody sees me in a Battleship.

Sure enough he lands on the gate, I activate the Kill Rights and he jumps with me jumping behind him. Corp mate points him and we proceed to do what is right and properly make use of those Kill Rights.

Rattlesnake:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15501542

POD:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15501866

I must say, my first experience with Kill Rights was a very good one. Thank You CCP.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Da Grim Reaper
Doomheim
#593 - 2012-12-14 15:44:55 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Rattlesnake:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15501542

POD:
http://kane.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15501866

I must say, my first experience with Kill Rights was a very good one. Thank You CCP.

Good grief, did I read that fit correctly as active tanking one of the best passive tanks in the game?
Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#594 - 2012-12-19 23:11:32 UTC
AndreWanJinn wrote:

If you're not going to honor your ransoms, if you care at all about your char (as in you want to ransom more and make more money), you shouldn't then post for all to see on the public forums. The only way I see this working out for you is if you don't plan on continuing to ransom, otherwise you screwed yourself, because anyone who not only reads this, but also hears about it wont accept any demands for ransom you make.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#595 - 2012-12-20 05:57:24 UTC
Capt Starfox wrote:

If you're not going to honor your ransoms, if you care at all about your char (as in you want to ransom more and make more money), you shouldn't then post for all to see on the public forums. The only way I see this working out for you is if you don't plan on continuing to ransom, otherwise you screwed yourself, because anyone who not only reads this, but also hears about it wont accept any demands for ransom you make.

These sorts of marks usually aren't the ones reading this sort of thread. And the ones who do are already intelligent enough not to pay a ransom.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#596 - 2012-12-20 11:31:30 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
These sorts of marks usually aren't the ones reading this sort of thread.

Yeah good point.

Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
And the ones who do are already intelligent enough not to pay a ransom.

There are pirates that honor ransoms, I want to say most do. If a pirate doesn't that makes all pirates look bad... which absolutely doesn't matter... until we bring in the idea of losing money. Call it the player is intelligent, call it the player is poor, or upset and just says ****-off, but no matter how you look at it odds are these players heard about some pirate that didn't, or worse don't honor ransoms. And that can unfortunately increase the chances of not getting paid.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

CraftyCroc
#597 - 2012-12-20 18:56:36 UTC
Would never pay a ransom -

IMO a nice feature would be an offer 'ransm' button allowing the pilot some sort of guaranteed escape type thing
Aria Ta'Rohk
Wildcard.
Boundary Experts
#598 - 2012-12-20 20:21:07 UTC
CraftyCroc wrote:

IMO a nice feature would be an offer 'ransm' button allowing the pilot some sort of guaranteed escape type thing

Nawh that would remove the excitement of unknowing what would happen after the isk was sent Pirate

I'll take 2 carebears to go, with extra tears

CraftyCroc
#599 - 2012-12-20 20:27:24 UTC
Aria Ta'Rohk wrote:
CraftyCroc wrote:

Nawh that would remove the excitement of unknowing what would happen after the isk was sent Pirate

No it wouldn't.. You get killed
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#600 - 2012-12-21 08:23:06 UTC
CraftyCroc wrote:

I remember Tuskers were trying to become middlemen for these matters organizing their "third party ransom service". Haven't heard much since announcement though...