These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CCP Stop Nerfing the Titan itself but Nerf how many can be deployed on the field

Author
Realityfirst
Mini-Industries
#21 - 2012-01-28 03:08:59 UTC
How about supers and titans become similar to dreads and carriers in the fact that they would require something similar to a siege/triage mod to be able to do thier full damage ie Titans gain use of thier DD and a weapons bonus and super caps are able to field thier fighter bombers only when the mod is active. However instead of getting a bonus to local rep form siege/triage they lose say 15% resistances across the board making them essentially glass cannons ie easer to kill. This would make dreads and carriers more usefull by giving them a fighting chance against super blobs. Supers and titans would be fielded less as they would be easer to kill when useing thier seige/triage mod and it would give smaller alliances a fighting chance against mega alliances with 30 supers and titans.
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-01-28 03:19:58 UTC
The problem is that CCP has never defined what it wants to be the "ship of the line" for EvE and balanced the game around that. As a result the meaningful ship type for 0.0 warfare has drifted up from battleship to capships and is now entering the range of supercaps (much like how we got 100 gun men of war in the age of sail).

Personally, I think supercaps should be nerfed. I also note that while most guns in EvE are powerful their is only one type of turret that can destroy a planetesimal - Strip Miners. Supercaps are so big and slow that it is realistic that you might be able to hit one with a mining laser. What I would like to see is a "jury rigged mining crystal" that allows mining lasers to target supercaps (and only supercaps) and do horribly large amounts of damage to them (enough for 10 hulks to kill a supercap in 5 minutes or so)..

Aylat
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-01-28 03:55:14 UTC
J0HN RAMB0 wrote:
CCP should add a new super titan shipclass. The Hull should cost 500b ISK. It should have an AOE weapon like the old Titan. The ship’s weapon should require a specific moon mineral fuel. There should only be 10 of those moons in the EVE universe. One moon would supply enough fuel for one super titan. The weapon needs to be fueled 24h per day to be online. It would take 6 weeks to online the weapon.

The AOE weapon should only work if there are at least 1000 ships on grid. The damage applied by the weapon should be the average of the ehp of all ships on grid.
Evenus Battuta
#24 - 2012-01-28 04:15:44 UTC
Supported, ultimate ships should be ultimate, both cost and power. I am 100 lightyears from having them but still I don't like seeing them become pointless.

Bring back the AOE, while increase the continous fuel cost to make titans unprofitable for ratting.

Also make titan pilots continously require some extremely expensive drugs to maintain their skill points at operating titan, costing sth like 10b per month for titan V. So only very big allience can afford a limited number of them.

At the cost of higher maintaince cost, give titans much better function, make them like really dockable moving stations with all the services.
Evenus Battuta
#25 - 2012-01-28 04:20:13 UTC
A better way to stop titan ratting is making NPC smarter----they flee as soon as they detect a titan signal instead of being fools to stand against the overwhelming power.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#26 - 2012-01-28 04:23:35 UTC
They should delete titans from game, also delete all capital ships, maybe, just maybe let the dreads stay but everything else have to go, why? because they are boring, sucks and ruins the game more than making it fun.
Tore Vest
#27 - 2012-01-28 04:42:33 UTC
CCP... nerf supers more.... and see your playerbase go away
Free my nyx

No troll.

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#28 - 2012-01-28 04:45:20 UTC
You can't put a limit on Titans in a system.

If you put in a a numerical cap (say 5) then one side jumps in 5 titans and no one else can then have any.

If you limit it to a per fleet, they'll just make more fleets.

You cannot limit anything, nor should you. It's a sandbox.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Shazzam Vokanavom
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-01-28 04:45:40 UTC
Actually just let the call to nerf the Titan continue ad-infinitum. At least then it might stop the next particular ship or class of ships to be nerfed in favour of those asking.

Must .... resist ..... that ......Metawin .....button ......

Sandbox much?
ILikeMarkets
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-01-28 04:52:05 UTC
Give them unstable cores. Flying a titan, use the big doomsday weapon and suddenly KABOOOOOOOOOM crap it backfired no more titan.

Tada! Less Titans on the field. =D

I'm a genius, I tell ya

Proof that capital ships are rare in EVE: http://imgur.com/gallery/jJJE1

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-01-28 04:59:16 UTC
Lots of people that don't fly Titans or have anything to do with Titans posting bad ideas about changes to Titans ITT.
ILikeMarkets
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-01-28 05:01:06 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Lots of people that don't fly Titans or have anything to do with Titans posting bad ideas about changes to Titans ITT.

Because they are the ones that are the most tired of seeing Titans being flown as commonly as frigates? >_>

Proof that capital ships are rare in EVE: http://imgur.com/gallery/jJJE1

Previous page12