These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issler Dainze for CSM7! Hear the bears roar!

First post
Author
Frying Doom
#741 - 2012-03-17 00:23:46 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Or because WiS doesnt have anything to do with flying space ships..?

Neither does Trade so you think we should get rid of that? how about PI that has nothing to do with flying spaceships, The link to DUST 514 has nothing to do with spaceships either, So get rid of anything that crosses over. Then that way we could have a game all about PVP and flying a space ship.

This is a SciFi game and Ambulation has been promised from almost the start of the game.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Ben Arwhal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#742 - 2012-03-17 00:28:43 UTC
Issler, FryerDoom, I want to make my inaugural post in this highly contentious thread because I want to make something clear:

I didn't vote for Issler. Not because she's a woman, nor because she promotes miners, industrials and the like.

You didn't receive my vote because of your position on WiS.

I don't mean to sound overly-critical, and I don't mean to sound rude, but I personally feel zero interest in WiS myself. Meanwhile, you campaign heavily in support of it.

My lack of vote is based on a difference of opinion. I hope I'm not a bigot, idiot or mindless drone because of it.

And Fryer, painting anyone who disagrees with you as some malevolent evil against which you're locked in a Holy Crusade is a really easy way to alienate supporters.
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#743 - 2012-03-17 00:31:22 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

Neither does Trade so you think we should get rid of that? how about PI that has nothing to do with flying spaceships, The link to DUST 514 has nothing to do with spaceships either, So get rid of anything that crosses over. Then that way we could have a game all about PVP and flying a space ship.

This is a SciFi game and Ambulation has been promised from almost the start of the game.

Trade allows for fittings and ships to be bought and sold all over new eden so yes has to do with fly spaceships

PI allows for fuel for POS's etc which (even though structure grinds suck) make fights occur once again flying spaceships

I may be wrong but if you can orbitally bombard planets in dust that has something to do with spaceships

Now walking in a station and sitting on a couch? no flying space ships there
Frying Doom
#744 - 2012-03-17 00:35:38 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

Trade allows for fittings and ships to be bought and sold all over new eden so yes has to do with fly spaceships

PI allows for fuel for POS's etc which (even though structure grinds suck) make fights occur once again flying spaceships

I may be wrong but if you can orbitally bombard planets in dust that has something to do with spaceships

Now walking in a station and sitting on a couch? no flying space ships there

The argument you have there is so thin I will counter with, climbing into your pod allows you to fly the ship.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#745 - 2012-03-17 00:37:49 UTC
Ben Arwhal wrote:
Issler, FryerDoom, I want to make my inaugural post in this highly contentious thread because I want to make something clear:

I didn't vote for Issler. Not because she's a woman, nor because she promotes miners, industrials and the like.

I don't mean to sound overly-critical, and I don't mean to sound rude, but I personally feel zero interest in WiS myself. Meanwhile, you campaign heavily in support of it.

My lack of vote is based on a difference of opinion. I hope I'm not a bigot, idiot or mindless drone because of it.

And Fryer, painting anyone who disagrees with you as some malevolent evil against which you're locked in a Holy Crusade is a really easy way to alienate supporters.

If only there were more people like this, who vote with their heads. As an Issler supporter, I respect your reasons for placing your vote elsewhere, and explaining so clearly rather than indulging in Goon-style **** waving. Not even Frying Doom could call you out on that. We are allowed to our opinions and your post shows that they can be expressed without calling other candidates rude things. Take note, Goons.
I wish luck to your chosen candidate.

My cooking is like my lovemaking - fast, greasy, and unsatisfying.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#746 - 2012-03-17 00:40:58 UTC
I could say the same about your WiS arguement plus climbing into your pod does allow you to fly a ship
Frying Doom
#747 - 2012-03-17 00:46:47 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
I could say the same about your WiS arguement plus climbing into your pod does allow you to fly a ship

You used my response against your argument to say that Climbing into your pod does allow you to fly your ship. So now you want Wis?

Frying Doom
#748 - 2012-03-17 00:48:55 UTC
Ben Arwhal wrote:

I agree with your Voting policy on the basis you used your mind and thought for your self. GO DEMOCRACY.

As far as a Holy Crusade I like that. Thanks.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#749 - 2012-03-17 00:50:07 UTC
No your point was invalid, but then again maybe you dont ever leave station so maybe thats why your so inclined to get WiS progressed
Frying Doom
#750 - 2012-03-17 00:59:08 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
No your point was invalid, but then again maybe you dont ever leave station so maybe thats why your so inclined to get WiS progressed

Nice Kill board btw 665 lifetime kills, with 55 this week I can see why you only have interest in spaceships, pvp is not the be all and end all of this game. But it could be the end. If we dont get more players via Wis and more newbie help programs this game will die.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#751 - 2012-03-17 01:01:47 UTC
If you are going to try and throw around kb stats at least do it right 803 kills, and yes cause WiS will attract soooo many new players completely leave out the fact that the main points of this game is massive fleet battles
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#752 - 2012-03-17 01:02:14 UTC
Ben Arwhal wrote:

My pro ambulation posts predated my campaign which was almost completely focused on mining, You confuse the two.

Issler Dainze
THE MINER'S Friend
Signed virtually every post with that I campaigned on
CSM 7 Candidate
Frying Doom
#753 - 2012-03-17 01:11:00 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
If you are going to try and throw around kb stats at least do it right 803 kills, and yes cause WiS will attract soooo many new players completely leave out the fact that the main points of this game is massive fleet battles

Never been in a massive fleet battle and if that is your idea of the MAIN POINT of EVE you really are missing out. I suppose this is why you don't like Wis, you have never really appreciated all that EVE has to offer.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#754 - 2012-03-17 01:20:21 UTC
Well seeing how in most eve advertisements you see some sort of pvp or large scale pvp going on I'm pretty sure its one of thier main selling points. As for see what eve has to offer I've lived in whs, one reason I voted two step on one account, I've done low sec life, hell I've even mined, but WiS has been the worst experience of them all
Frying Doom
#755 - 2012-03-17 01:24:23 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Well seeing how in most eve advertisements you see some sort of pvp or large scale pvp going on I'm pretty sure its one of thier main selling points. As for see what eve has to offer I've lived in whs, one reason I voted two step on one account, I've done low sec life, hell I've even mined, but WiS has been the worst experience of them all

I differ in opinion as my worst experience was Incarna and the NEX store and CCP rushing Wis not Wis its self.

Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#756 - 2012-03-17 01:26:22 UTC
Ustrello wrote:

You don't like it. So if WiS comes to Eve, don't do that bit of the game. Do you understand the concept of standing around in a station being entirely optional, like it already is? Don't squawk that because you don't like it, other people should be deprived of it.
Anyway, that's not Issler's main platform. As she has said. Or maybe you don't bother reading.

My cooking is like my lovemaking - fast, greasy, and unsatisfying.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#757 - 2012-03-17 01:34:15 UTC
Minta Contha wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

You don't like it. So if WiS comes to Eve, don't do that bit of the game. Do you understand the concept of standing around in a station being entirely optional, like it already is? Don't squawk that because you don't like it, other people should be deprived of it.
Anyway, that's not Issler's main platform. As she has said. Or maybe you don't bother reading.

It shouldn't even been an option, ccp should devote all its resources to FiS not WiS , and I don't really care
Frying Doom
#758 - 2012-03-17 01:48:03 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
It shouldn't even been an option, ccp should devote all its resources to FiS not WiS , and I don't really care

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, CCP is a business and has finite resources. If they expend a small amount of resources on Wis they will get more players from it. Subsequently they will get more money and have a bigger profit, they can hire more staff foe EVE and make more bug fixes. If EVE stagnates it will decrease player numbers and eventually be sold off to a company that can make money off it as a free to play, Play to Win game.

So we need to get mining and industry fixed because they really need it, and slowly work on Wis. For the future of EvE

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#759 - 2012-03-17 02:00:19 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, CCP is a business and has finite resources. If they expend a small amount of resources on Wis they will get more players from it. Subsequently they will get more money and have a bigger profit, they can hire more staff foe EVE and make more bug fixes. If EVE stagnates it will decrease player numbers and eventually be sold off to a company that can make money off it as a free to play, Play to Win game.

This post would have to be at least 2 years old to not make you sound like a blithering idiot. Condolences on that not being the case!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#760 - 2012-03-17 02:08:27 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

Nice Kill board btw 665 lifetime kills, with 55 this week I can see why you only have interest in spaceships, pvp is not the be all and end all of this game. But it could be the end. If we dont get more players via Wis and more newbie help programs this game will die.

Why do you assume just because he has some KB stats (not even astounding ones at that?), all he cares about is PvP?

Why do you assume that WiS is going to be a major hook to players? Sure, it might grab the eye of a few MMO gamers, but once they realize that EVE Online is an entirely different beast (despite however much Dev.Time goes into WiS), they are going to leave. EVE Online is not the typical MMO. It is for a small demographic of hardcore and dedicated gamers. CCP should not abandon this demographic that has supported them for the past 9 years in order to pander to the casual MMO gamer who likes running around in an avatar body and emoting all over the place.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.