These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issler Dainze for CSM7! Hear the bears roar!

First post
Author
Taiwanistan
#721 - 2012-03-16 07:52:25 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Who knows she may have changed her mind like The Mittani. If this is still the case I will admit I must disagree with Issler on this point Wis needs to be released properly or we will just have more crap like the CQ was in the first place. She might have meant if they were to release bits at a time on a test server so we could comment that would be nice. Just not dumped piecemeal on tranquility.

Either way I think Issler should be applauded for starting the thread asking CCP about its plans and for all the responses on the thread.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=244597#post244597

And I must applaud you for going through that Threadnaught.

do you applaud her quick and dirty approach to wis development?
and no she has not changed her mind about telling team avatar to "don't over-think it"
calling people who actually want proper gameplay trolls, heh.

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Frying Doom
#722 - 2012-03-16 08:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Taiwanistan wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
I altered my opinions on that post and may alter them again as I read the Threadnaught from start to finish

So far I have found this
Issler Dainze wrote:
So CCP I hope you are paying attention!

When I started this thread it was to make it clear a lot of us want some form of WiS. Something on the other side of the door. We aren't asking for work on FiS to stop, but that some amount of resource stay working on the other side of the door and that WiS stays part of your plans in the near future.

While someone just claimed that this thread isn't worthy of attention because it isn't 150 pages of trolls and personal insults this has remained one of the most active threads for the last two days and has recieved an impressive number of "likes". I would say by "new forum" standard this thread has received a lot of attention and support. Another thread started shortly after this one supporting the oppositve view has been virtually ignored.

So I think the pilots of Eve are proving my point. We want some more WiS to be worked on with FiS remaing the major focus in Eve. I also think we've made it clear that we don't care if it is the "prettiest" avatar experience and using the proven technology of the Unreal engine would be just fine. Also please remove the dependency on the WoD work from Eve WiS. Eve is here today! We are here today, and for now our credit cards are here today keeping your lights on and your coolers stocked with unusual Icelandic soft drinks. So give US our WiS and when you've sorted that out get back to your teen girl vamp heart throb MMO.

We also have offered a full range of suggestions as to what we want out of WiS so your claim that you can't move forward and have to put WiS on "ice" because you have to figure out "what we want" is a distraction. You have been given plenty of ideas ranging from simple to expansive to let us through that door.

So CCP, PLEASE reconsider! Please get a small team dedicated to opening that door! Take whatever "vamp" resources that are working on WoD and put them on Eve. We are paying customers, you are nowhere near having a cent in your pockets from WoD! Let us know ambulation isn't dead!

Issler

To be honest as I am catching up here Issler is probably the best one to state her Wis standing.

Also there do seem to be a hell of a lot of people in the threadnaught stating that they want Wis.

also found this
Issler Dainze wrote:
Some key points I think were misrepresented by some of the posters.

1. We lost a lot of subs, that was not just in protest of WiS.

-It was a reaction to a lame single room/player WiS
-The golden ammo microtransaction face plant that is Nex (which is still here by the way)
-Stagnant FiS and rage over what had clearly been CCP sucking Eve dry while using that cash to build two other games
-Burnout when it became clear that nothing "new" can be expected in Eve anytime soon
-CCP's clear disconnect with NeX pricing and the greed is good leaked newsletter (monocolegate)

2. CCP describes Eve as a Scifi simulator, not a space combat game.

3. This thread is not WiS over FIS. It is "CCP please keep something on the burner, not on ice" for folks that believe WiS will make Eve better.

4. There is now way to know what percentage of folks in Eve want FiS only, Wis, Wis and FiS, a fox in a box or a train. But clearly to say no one in Eve wants WiS is simply wrong.

5. WiS is not space barbies, it is key to RP and emmersiveness and the community has already shared a number of ideas that would make WiS interesting to many folks in Eve.

6. WiS can be decoupled from WoD. Branch the code and move the team on WoD to WiS. CCP can come back to WoD when they get the increase in Eve subscriptions delivering ambulation creates.

Issler

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Frying Doom
#723 - 2012-03-16 08:43:43 UTC
Also I found this extremely Interesting

Taiwanistan wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

If CCP had come out and said "WIS is on hold till we totally revamp mining and the moon mineral mess (One word comets!) and then we'll get back to the stations stuff" I'd be doing the "happy miner dance!". But I still believe WiS is key to the long term health of Eve and the sooner they get some part of it done the sooner they break a million subscribers. If they never get back to it I'm predicting 350K subscribers this time next year and 250K in 2013 no matter how many new ships they introduce.

Issler

i agree

but don't be pushing out wis for the immediate surge of subs, the only way wis is going to work for me there must be wis-only "New Suff" to do,
and not doing existing stuff but i am forced to walk to do it, like buying pirate ships, why would i walk when i can browse contracts?

by "New Stuff" i mean careers in eve, professions you can make living with eg mining/trading/combat etc with associated skills
why i am opposed to wis is that people seem to want immersion for immersion's sake alone and that is just not compelling enough

if the "New Stuff" comes out tomorrow i would do a complete 180 and start wis-ing, but i just can't fathom what that "New Stuff" would be

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#724 - 2012-03-16 08:58:38 UTC
Well, this was actually a semi-decent discussion until WI. made it into this thread.

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#725 - 2012-03-16 09:03:29 UTC
Doctor Eezee wrote:
Well, this was actually a semi-decent discussion until WI. made it into this thread.

I'd thought I'd seen bad-posting before, but this... the horror...

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Frying Doom
#726 - 2012-03-16 12:15:43 UTC
Actually Issler after having read through the blog
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=25586
Currently standing at 181 pages long full of great ideas and hundreds and hundreds of trolls by goons and others.

With the release of this dev blog
http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3430

All though you might not have gotten all that you wanted. You saved Wis if it wasnt for your tireless drive to get Wis on the drawing board. EVE would have stagnated and died.

Thank You Issler Dainze

To everyone out there who calls her a space barbie, read the forum without Wis as something to go forward to EVE would perish. It would be the same old alterations of the sovereignty system, continual re balancing of ships and guns and alterations to Null sec.

To all the trolls out there, on this one after reading all of the forum's 181 pages all I have to say is Shut the Hell up.

Taiwanistan
#727 - 2012-03-16 16:52:09 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Also I found this extremely Interesting

Taiwanistan wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

If CCP had come out and said "WIS is on hold till we totally revamp mining and the moon mineral mess (One word comets!) and then we'll get back to the stations stuff" I'd be doing the "happy miner dance!". But I still believe WiS is key to the long term health of Eve and the sooner they get some part of it done the sooner they break a million subscribers. If they never get back to it I'm predicting 350K subscribers this time next year and 250K in 2013 no matter how many new ships they introduce.

Issler

i agree

but don't be pushing out wis for the immediate surge of subs, the only way wis is going to work for me there must be wis-only "New Suff" to do,
and not doing existing stuff but i am forced to walk to do it, like buying pirate ships, why would i walk when i can browse contracts?

by "New Stuff" i mean careers in eve, professions you can make living with eg mining/trading/combat etc with associated skills
why i am opposed to wis is that people seem to want immersion for immersion's sake alone and that is just not compelling enough

if the "New Stuff" comes out tomorrow i would do a complete 180 and start wis-ing, but i just can't fathom what that "New Stuff" would be

yeah i said i want meaningful gameplay, not quick and dirty emote lisp party

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#728 - 2012-03-16 18:07:32 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Who knows she may have changed her mind like The Mittani. If this is still the case I will admit I must disagree with Issler on this point Wis needs to be released properly or we will just have more crap like the CQ was in the first place. She might have meant if they were to release bits at a time on a test server so we could comment that would be nice. Just not dumped piecemeal on tranquility.

Either way I think Issler should be applauded for starting the thread asking CCP about its plans and for all the responses on the thread.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=244597#post244597

And I must applaud you for going through that Threadnaught.

do you applaud her quick and dirty approach to wis development?
and no she has not changed her mind about telling team avatar to "don't over-think it"
calling people who actually want proper gameplay trolls, heh.

Can you direct me to a single post where I called someone that shared a real idea about WiS that I called a troll?

I expect not.

More anti-ambulation babble misrepresenting what I've consistently said all along. A balanced approach to ambulation that gets is some content sooner rather than later.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Taiwanistan
#729 - 2012-03-16 18:23:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Taiwanistan
tell me how CCP should stop "over-thinking" about actual meaningful gameplay
or am i just babbling? i am for wis, wis with goddamn gameplay content

Taiwanistan
#730 - 2012-03-16 18:37:13 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Taiwanistan wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
I altered my opinions on that post and may alter them again as I read the Threadnaught from start to finish

So far I have found this
Issler Dainze wrote:
So CCP I hope you are paying attention!

When I started this thread it was to make it clear a lot of us want some form of WiS. Something on the other side of the door. We aren't asking for work on FiS to stop, but that some amount of resource stay working on the other side of the door and that WiS stays part of your plans in the near future.

While someone just claimed that this thread isn't worthy of attention because it isn't 150 pages of trolls and personal insults this has remained one of the most active threads for the last two days and has recieved an impressive number of "likes". I would say by "new forum" standard this thread has received a lot of attention and support. Another thread started shortly after this one supporting the oppositve view has been virtually ignored.

So I think the pilots of Eve are proving my point. We want some more WiS to be worked on with FiS remaing the major focus in Eve. I also think we've made it clear that we don't care if it is the "prettiest" avatar experience and using the proven technology of the Unreal engine would be just fine. Also please remove the dependency on the WoD work from Eve WiS. Eve is here today! We are here today, and for now our credit cards are here today keeping your lights on and your coolers stocked with unusual Icelandic soft drinks. So give US our WiS and when you've sorted that out get back to your teen girl vamp heart throb MMO.

We also have offered a full range of suggestions as to what we want out of WiS so your claim that you can't move forward and have to put WiS on "ice" because you have to figure out "what we want" is a distraction. You have been given plenty of ideas ranging from simple to expansive to let us through that door.

So CCP, PLEASE reconsider! Please get a small team dedicated to opening that door! Take whatever "vamp" resources that are working on WoD and put them on Eve. We are paying customers, you are nowhere near having a cent in your pockets from WoD! Let us know ambulation isn't dead!

Issler

To be honest as I am catching up here Issler is probably the best one to state her Wis standing.

Also there do seem to be a hell of a lot of people in the threadnaught stating that they want Wis.

also found this
Issler Dainze wrote:
Some key points I think were misrepresented by some of the posters.

1. We lost a lot of subs, that was not just in protest of WiS.

-It was a reaction to a lame single room/player WiS
-The golden ammo microtransaction face plant that is Nex (which is still here by the way)
-Stagnant FiS and rage over what had clearly been CCP sucking Eve dry while using that cash to build two other games
-Burnout when it became clear that nothing "new" can be expected in Eve anytime soon
-CCP's clear disconnect with NeX pricing and the greed is good leaked newsletter (monocolegate)

2. CCP describes Eve as a Scifi simulator, not a space combat game.

3. This thread is not WiS over FIS. It is "CCP please keep something on the burner, not on ice" for folks that believe WiS will make Eve better.

4. There is now way to know what percentage of folks in Eve want FiS only, Wis, Wis and FiS, a fox in a box or a train. But clearly to say no one in Eve wants WiS is simply wrong.

5. WiS is not space barbies, it is key to RP and emmersiveness and the community has already shared a number of ideas that would make WiS interesting to many folks in Eve.

6. WiS can be decoupled from WoD. Branch the code and move the team on WoD to WiS. CCP can come back to WoD when they get the increase in Eve subscriptions delivering ambulation creates.

Issler

emmersiveness heh just say it, quick and dirty emote party is all you want, your limited worthless nearsighted vision of wis,
don't be pointing to all them F&I rejects crap ideas like you've done your homework and should get a C+ for effort
bitter vets quit, barbie bitter vets also quit, eve is dying same **** different day

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#731 - 2012-03-16 19:43:00 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:

emmersiveness heh just say it, quick and dirty emote party is all you want, your limited worthless nearsighted vision of wis,
don't be pointing to all them F&I rejects crap ideas like you've done your homework and should get a C+ for effort
bitter vets quit, barbie bitter vets also quit, eve is dying same **** different day

Ambulation supporters make this pledge! Ignore any post that the poster has included the term pants or barbie!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Eben Harper
Doomheim
#732 - 2012-03-16 20:18:23 UTC
I am a carebear, I am part of the majority, and I support Issler Dainze.
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#733 - 2012-03-16 21:02:06 UTC
Eben Harper wrote:
I am a carebear, I am part of the majority, and I support Issler Dainze.

Seriously ? You're a seven day old character who didnt know who Issler was 10 minutes ago.
Eben Harper
Doomheim
#734 - 2012-03-16 21:28:25 UTC
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
Seriously ? You're a seven day old character who didnt know who Issler was 10 minutes ago.

Lol This may be my only character but it's not my first character, and as far as my support for Issler goes I would direct you to the topic entitled "A CSM That Represents EvE Players" where I asked CSM candidates to post some information on how they intend to serve the highsec majority. Issler was the first (and so far only) CSM candidate to respond, and not only did she respond but she responded with a position I strongly support. So after doing some more research I voted for her. Now with that said ThisIsntMyMain, perhaps you could tell me what part of that you disagree with?
Frying Doom
#735 - 2012-03-16 22:41:04 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
Ambulation supporters make this pledge! Ignore any post that the poster has included the term pants or barbie!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate

Listening to Goons on Wis is like listening to USA Presidents during the Cold War about Communists. A fear campaign.

The red menace is coming.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#736 - 2012-03-16 22:50:12 UTC
Frying doom isslers internet white knight
Eben Harper
Doomheim
#737 - 2012-03-16 22:58:25 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Listening to Goons on Wis is like listening to USA Presidents during the Cold War about Communists. A fear campaign..

Smile Excellent point Frying Doom, which leads me to wonder what exactly DOES the thugswarm have against WIS, could it be because the bulk of their hurried characteres are so butt ugly that they're worried to show them around the stations?
bornaa
GRiD.
#738 - 2012-03-16 23:03:58 UTC
Your vote has been registered. We thank you for your participation.

Vote for Issler Dainze
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Frying Doom
#739 - 2012-03-16 23:58:10 UTC
Eben Harper wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Listening to Goons on Wis is like listening to USA Presidents during the Cold War about Communists. A fear campaign..

Smile Excellent point Frying Doom, which leads me to wonder what exactly DOES the thugswarm have against WIS, could it be because the bulk of their hurried characteres are so butt ugly that they're worried to show them around the stations?

Good point and probably true.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#740 - 2012-03-17 00:16:56 UTC
Or because WiS doesnt have anything to do with flying space ships..?