These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issler Dainze for CSM7! Hear the bears roar!

First post
Author
Frying Doom
#561 - 2012-03-10 14:28:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Interesting post by Mittens, that translates as: EVE favors the kind of people who don't need EVE for anything, thus can kill it without any personal consequence.

So to translate your translation what your saying is Mittens does care about the future of EVE.

Oh and BTW where did you get your populations demographics data the only one I can find is the 2010 4th quarter report that says 11.26% Null space population. Very strange that the Null population prior to December 2010 was never changed much but now your stating it almost doubled in the last 12 months.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#562 - 2012-03-10 14:51:41 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Interesting post by Mittens, that translates as: EVE favors the kind of people who don't need EVE for anything, thus can kill it without any personal consequence.

So to translate your translation what your saying is Mittens does care about the future of EVE.

Oh and BTW where did you get your populations demographics data the only one I can find is the 2010 4th quarter report that says 11.26% Null space population. Very strange that the Null population prior to December 2010 was never changed much but now your stating it almost doubled in the last 12 months.

Mittens worries about the SA community, namely the Goonwaffe. He's proud of it. But then Goonwaffe are less than 3% of the player base.

As for the population numbers, CCP Diagoras tweeted them, somebody quoted him, and I quote the guy who quoted CCP Diagora's tweet. Very sound data sourcing, CCP style.

The data are from october 2011, IIRC.
Takashi Kaeda
Perkone
Caldari State
#563 - 2012-03-10 18:30:34 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Mittens worries about the SA community, namely the Goonwaffe. He's proud of it. But then Goonwaffe are less than 3% of the player base.

As for the population numbers, CCP Diagoras tweeted them, somebody quoted him, and I quote the guy who quoted CCP Diagora's tweet. Very sound data sourcing, CCP style.

Except you are too ******** to distinguish characters from players. But please, continue.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#564 - 2012-03-10 19:11:30 UTC
Takashi Kaeda wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Except you are too ******** to distinguish characters from players. But please, continue.

How original argument. Wait a minute, I look for the answer from the FAQ:

- The argument that "characters don't equal players" can be used in both directions: characters in hisec or nullsec can be randomly claimed to be alts to players mainly living on the other side of the divide. This doesn't dimishes the argument that players choose to place most of their characters in hisec.

Any more questions?
Frying Doom
#565 - 2012-03-10 23:11:05 UTC

This I will admit is why I have concerns for Goons in the CSM they are only interested in the SA community, they rarely interact with the rest of us. Unless its in a blob fleet. Does sort of show if your not a Goon and you voted for mittens your a fool.

Oh I found the Quote from CCP Diagoras it was in 29th of Feb
Locations of active chars with more than 5m SP just after midnight: High Sec 66.00%, Low sec 7.37%, Null sec 20.73%, Wormhole Space 5.89%

So that at least explains the difference in figures, the ones I have include characters below 5 million SP yours don't.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#566 - 2012-03-11 00:09:08 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
This I will admit is why I have concerns for Goons in the CSM they are only interested in the SA community, they rarely interact with the rest of us. Unless its in a blob fleet. Does sort of show if your not a Goon and you voted for mittens your a fool.

The entire history of Goonfleet/waffe/whatever in 0.0 has came about because of working with people that have no connection at all to SA, and that continues to this day. Your theory is dumb.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Frying Doom
#567 - 2012-03-11 00:20:08 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

The entire history of Goonfleet/waffe/whatever in 0.0 has came about because of working with people that have no connection at all to SA, and that continues to this day. Your theory is dumb.

So what your saying is that what The Mittani wrote is wrong or is he just incompetent.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/eve/spymaster/75

"Goonswarm is the first and largest example of a community-born group. Goonswarm hails from Somethingawful.com"

I got my facts from the horses mouth as it were, where are you getting yours from?

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#568 - 2012-03-11 00:46:27 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
[So what your saying is that what The Mittani wrote is wrong or is he just incompetent.

"Goonswarm is the first and largest example of a community-born group. Goonswarm hails from Somethingawful.com"

I got my facts from the horses mouth as it were, where are you getting yours from?

You are aware that we have allies, right? Always have? Always will? Hint: they're not from SA.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#569 - 2012-03-11 01:10:06 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
[So what your saying is that what The Mittani wrote is wrong or is he just incompetent.

You are aware that we have allies, right? Always have? Always will? Hint: they're not from SA.

Hmm...

Brand new alt.

What do we have here? Bee without a clue? Damage control? Or distraction?

Never know with these guys.

Mr Epeen Cool
Frying Doom
#570 - 2012-03-11 01:12:21 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Yes I am aware that you have allies and they are not from SA but goons are different due to the fact they are really not part of the EVE culture. I stated that I was concerned about Goons on the CSM as they are not part of the EVE community, and The Mittani backs me up

As The Mittani stated
"What makes a pilot in Goonswarm alien compared to the rest of the so-called ‘EVE community’? The answer is community itself - external community, independent from Eve Online. As the game has matured, there are now two classes of player, radically different in mindset - the EVE-born and the community-born. "

Takashi Kaeda
Perkone
Caldari State
#571 - 2012-03-11 02:03:48 UTC
Takashi Kaeda wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

How original argument. Wait a minute, I look for the answer from the FAQ:

- The argument that "characters don't equal players" can be used in both directions: characters in hisec or nullsec can be randomly claimed to be alts to players mainly living on the other side of the divide. This doesn't dimishes the argument that players choose to place most of their characters in hisec.

Any more questions?

Except that if you stop to think how EVE is structured for just a second you'd realize what a wet paper bag your argument is and why most characters are in highsec..
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#572 - 2012-03-11 02:25:11 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Yes I am aware that you have allies and they are not from SA but goons are different due to the fact they are really not part of the EVE culture. I stated that I was concerned about Goons on the CSM as they are not part of the EVE community, and The Mittani backs me up

As The Mittani stated
"What makes a pilot in Goonswarm alien compared to the rest of the so-called ‘EVE community’? The answer is community itself - external community, independent from Eve Online. As the game has matured, there are now two classes of player, radically different in mindset - the EVE-born and the community-born. "

Hahaha, check out this space nativism.
Frying Doom
#573 - 2012-03-11 02:50:02 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

As The Mittani stated

Hahaha, check out this space nativism.

Not quite sure what your getting at there. Will admit would be nice if you used an alt that was at least 60 days old or better yet showed who you really were.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#574 - 2012-03-11 03:00:15 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Not quite sure what your getting at there. Will admit would be nice if you used an alt that was at least 60 days old or better yet showed who you really were.

Would be nice if you used an alt with more than 4 likes.
Frying Doom
#575 - 2012-03-11 03:10:34 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Would be nice if you used an alt with more than 4 likes.

Actually not an alt. Sorry to disappoint. Hell if my alts had this many SP I would be laughing. I only have 4 likes as I don't involve myself in trivial issues. Most things I post about are the CSM and things like botting or the lovely Sumer of Rage. But I spose I should thank you for allowing me to continue on my 10,000 hours of practice.

Taiwanistan
#576 - 2012-03-11 09:45:02 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Taiwanistan wrote:
just come clean and say vote for issler is all about the wis Cool

I noticed you really dodged the a vote for mittens there. Is this because a vote for mittens isn't a vote for eve? As it goes into in Sins of a spy master 75
Goons are recruited from Somethingawful.com quite often before they have even commenced playing EVE. So goons are recruited outside the EVE community, then they are surrounded and nurtured by the Goonswarm fleet. Never having been real newbies or having been a part of the EVE community as a whole. This probably explains why a large part (I will admit not all) of the goonswarm fleet seem so different from us.

And on your post a vote for issler is not all about Wis, there is so much more to this game and she has made her opinions clear to all who look.

I will admit I myself would prefer a lot more done with Wis. That is due to my belief that Newbies are the way forward. If things stay as they are and CCP can see no expanding profits they may decide to sell the game or focus on another game again like they did before with Dust and World of Darkness.. Then who knows what will happen to the game it might even become Pay 2 Win Yuck.

oh yes the important voice of the greater I and F Taxation Trust community, which translate into hey guys check out my new space barbie avatar Mr. Epeen do you like it?

confirming the goons are going to kill eve online and along with it all the ingame sov, assets and out of game web infrastructure, just for some goddamn giggles because we are the kind of people who don't need EVE for anything, thus can kill it without any personal consequence.

oh and i voted for the mittani because he is mankind's last salvation against the scourge of frivolous frill avatar social gaming emote nongameplay.

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Taiwanistan
#577 - 2012-03-11 09:47:38 UTC
oh and, Indahmawar Fazmarai why don't you tell us a bit more on that emoting and dance thing that you really want because without it eve is really dying.

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

RAP ACTION HERO
#578 - 2012-03-11 10:18:00 UTC
issler issler issler how many of your votes are dirty like this

As I've pointed out several times, social gameplay is the mother of emergent gameplay. It needs a minimal investment in infrastructure and can keep players amused like forever. Just hand out some tools and allow people use them. Organized gameplay is cool to have, NPC interaction is cool, but from a cost/profit POV there is nothing as effective as just let people interact through avatars. Throw in some "hologram" technology so they're not forced to be aboard the same station and ther you go. Now add some advantages to physically being there (I already suggested stuff like kissing, caressing, punching, slapping... or dancing, if CCP were up to a tough ball; i've been iterating on the dance concept and I am figuring ways so two players can syncronize their moves within EVE's 1 second server frames... I don't mean "hit dance emote, do silly moves", rather "press the right keys at the right time so the server is fed the right "combos" from both sides at the right time and plays the right animation... in my limited knowledge, nobody ever tried that online...)

Err, to the point, there are lots of things that can be done as tools for friendly social interaction. If someone wants avatar PvP, they may have it, as long as it is not shoved down the throat of every player. Stations are griefing free zones and should stay like that. The worst that can happen in a station is being scammed and that must stay like that.

Adaris wrote:
I would very much like if the short term focus for Incarna was on a three-fold approach:

- Avatar expression (emote system)
- Avatar customization (clothes, tattoos, hair styles, body elements etc)
- Avatar socializing (facilitating more avatars being in the same location as one another)

Customization, for the most part is stand-alone. Expression is tied to socializing though, so the issue with the graphical demands of having multiple avatars in the same location needs to be addressed. If we can get a system whereby the facility to invite a set amount of avatars to the same location is possible, then much has been achieved for future iteration.

I would talk about what type of environments and activities should follow these three themes, but that should be considered more long term, especially with just one Dev Team assigned right now.

I am unsure if the current team has the technical expertise to address the issues of having multiple avatars occupy the same CQs though, but perhaps the expansion of expression through emotes (likely through the chat system) could follow alongside the continued work on avatar customization.

vitoc erryday

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#579 - 2012-03-11 10:28:36 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Mr Epeen Cool

Still signing your posts, still jealous of Mittens.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Frying Doom
#580 - 2012-03-11 11:06:50 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Mr Epeen Cool

Still signing your posts, still jealous of Mittens.

Hell I am He has an army of sheep at his disposal, massive amounts of isk and a huge trek of space to call his own.

As the top member of his Politburo he has a lot to be jealous of.

I may not like his politics or style but you have to love what he has got for himself and the other members of his politburo. Also the players I suppose that would be the members of the Goon Socialist-Democratic Workers Party, haven't fared to badly either.