These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.1 deployment thread

First post
Author
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#461 - 2012-01-24 14:38:31 UTC
Evil Incarn8 wrote:
Quote:
In order to simplify the naming system in EVE, the following changes have been made to Weapons & Ammunition:

All EM missiles will now have the name ‘Mjolnir’.
All Thermal missiles will now have the name ‘Inferno’.
All Kinetic missiles will now have the name ‘Trauma’.
All Explosive missiles will now have the name ‘Nova’.


Seriously? how much dumbing down do you have to do? Cmon CCP EvE's variety and complexity is what makes it what it is and what we love, if i want a game thats beatable by a 3 yr old i will play farmville.


THIS, too, its not only DUMB, it is NOT NECESSARY, and it SUCKS, BIG TIME!
Maul555
Xen Investments
#462 - 2012-01-24 14:41:38 UTC
I have only 1 demand with the new neocom CCP... Keep these custom settings server-side, so I dont have to rearrange the dang thing all the time. Nothing will **** us off more than a customized neocom that cant remember its settings from one update to another or from one computer to another...
Stridsflygplan
Krypted Gaming
K R Y P T E D
#463 - 2012-01-24 14:46:05 UTC
the new neocom is drving me crazy. What?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#464 - 2012-01-24 14:50:51 UTC
Stridsflygplan wrote:
the new neocom is drving me crazy. What?

What do you not like?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#465 - 2012-01-24 14:51:12 UTC
...oh, and my local is broken!
I just logged into Jita, and local tab is blank, no nothing to see there, other chat tabs work as usual though Ugh



And again, the new naming is BULLSHIT!

- it does NOT help new players more than it confuses/upsets existing players.

- the names you picked SUCK, they are among the worst kinda **** you could have possibly picked!

- messes up EFT/KB, well thats not for long...

- takes away (good) complexity
Mischana Solano
Doomheim
#466 - 2012-01-24 14:51:54 UTC
Taipion wrote:
Evil Incarn8 wrote:
Quote:
In order to simplify the naming system in EVE, the following changes have been made to Weapons & Ammunition:

All EM missiles will now have the name ‘Mjolnir’.
All Thermal missiles will now have the name ‘Inferno’.
All Kinetic missiles will now have the name ‘Trauma’.
All Explosive missiles will now have the name ‘Nova’.


Seriously? how much dumbing down do you have to do? Cmon CCP EvE's variety and complexity is what makes it what it is and what we love, if i want a game thats beatable by a 3 yr old i will play farmville.


THIS, too, its not only DUMB, it is NOT NECESSARY, and it SUCKS, BIG TIME!



They forgot to fix the hardener names to correspond aswell :/
Tibeirus
Thunderbird Enterprise
#467 - 2012-01-24 14:53:52 UTC
OMFG, I hate the new UI. I didn't ask for this, but am stuck with it. Can you guys just work on the stuff that is actually broken in the game, and leave the stuff alone that actually works?
Finishline
Violent Alternatives
#468 - 2012-01-24 14:54:12 UTC
Stridsflygplan wrote:
the new neocom is drving me crazy. What?

It's customizable... just put the old buttons back where they used to be.
Georgiy Giggle
REFORD Division
REFORD
#469 - 2012-01-24 14:57:16 UTC
New neocom is amazing.

But there is only one thing that i hate with whole my SOUL - BLINKING CHAT BUTTON.
I noticed function to 'disable blink notification' but i DO NOT want to disable blink notification for eve mail or wallet.

Please, ALLOW TO DISABLE BLINK NOTIFICATION for CHAT BUTTON only.
It is realy disturbing.

Thumbs up if you agree.

Not mastering proprieties, won't become firmly established. - Confucius

Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#470 - 2012-01-24 14:57:20 UTC
Tibeirus wrote:
OMFG, I hate the new UI. I didn't ask for this, but am stuck with it. Can you guys just work on the stuff that is actually broken in the game, and leave the stuff alone that actually works?


Just what I thought...

Well, they take something that works (well, used to), and mix it up completely, then they call it a "new" feature. Pirate
EVE is (partly) a pirate game, why should CCP not pirate their own stuff?!

Never change a running system, I guess they dont know this one...
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#471 - 2012-01-24 14:58:36 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
I'm pleased to find my POSes to be still online and happily chomping up fuel blocks, so +1 rep to CCP for that. Lol


So are we, believe me Smile
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#472 - 2012-01-24 15:03:24 UTC
Georgiy Giggle wrote:
New neocom is amazing.

But there is only one thing that i hate with whole my SOUL - BLINKING CHAT BUTTON.
I noticed function to 'disable blink notification' but i DO NOT want to disable blink notification for eve mail or wallet.

Please, ALLOW TO DISABLE BLINK NOTIFICATION for CHAT BUTTON only.
It is realy disturbing.

Thumbs up if you agree.


me wants that one, too!!!

CCP, did you realize you just killed all the functionality the old Neocom had?!

...and what a hazzle to get anything usefull out of the new one. -.-

Oh and CCP, did you realize that, with adding fuel blocks, you did not remove the need for all those different materials, but instead added the need to manufacture something out of it before you can even use it?!?!

HELL!


Anyone! Please! Is there actually anyhting good in this patch, that was not a step backwards?!?
Valei Khurelem
#473 - 2012-01-24 15:04:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
Am I the only one who thinks that the new UI is actually pretty awesome? About time they let us drag stuff around and organise it properly.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#474 - 2012-01-24 15:06:27 UTC
Taipion wrote:
Evil Incarn8 wrote:
Quote:
In order to simplify the naming system in EVE, the following changes have been made to Weapons & Ammunition:

All EM missiles will now have the name ‘Mjolnir’.
All Thermal missiles will now have the name ‘Inferno’.
All Kinetic missiles will now have the name ‘Trauma’.
All Explosive missiles will now have the name ‘Nova’.


Seriously? how much dumbing down do you have to do? Cmon CCP EvE's variety and complexity is what makes it what it is and what we love, if i want a game thats beatable by a 3 yr old i will play farmville.


THIS, too, its not only DUMB, it is NOT NECESSARY, and it SUCKS, BIG TIME!


Wow, that Taipion is stuck in deep I'd say.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Georgiy Giggle
REFORD Division
REFORD
#475 - 2012-01-24 15:07:24 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the new UI is actually pretty awesome? About type they let us drag stuff around and organise it properly.


It's OZOM. Except BLINKING CHAT BUTTON!

Not mastering proprieties, won't become firmly established. - Confucius

Valei Khurelem
#476 - 2012-01-24 15:08:44 UTC
Bloody typos :(

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Wacktopia
State War Academy
Caldari State
#477 - 2012-01-24 15:09:47 UTC
Great update! Neocom is cool but please move the ships icon up away from the undock button. Roll

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Kevda1
Elite Guards
#478 - 2012-01-24 15:11:15 UTC
The clock of clients is now synchronized regularly with the server to reduce problems (like freezes at jumping) caused by unstable client clocks.

We still receiving this issue.

Issue thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=49326

Can we confirm that this issue is still being worked on?
Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#479 - 2012-01-24 15:12:32 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
I'm pleased to find my POSes to be still online and happily chomping up fuel blocks, so +1 rep to CCP for that. Lol


So are we, believe me Smile


Well, it seems that not everyone reads... well.. anything about EVE and someone already found the first offline POS with ship/corp hangar array to be popped for goodies. Can't wait for tonight's offline POS loot-o-rama when I get home from work.

(you see, I'm working right now, very hard...)

I also expect first QQ thread by someone who hadn't heard of Fuel Blocks in 3...2...1...
Alice Loreley
Citadel Technologies Unit
#480 - 2012-01-24 15:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Loreley
What a hell?! Where are my Thunderbolts and Scourges? X

You know, it's not good for business when you have an order for one trademark of rockets, but after DT you becomes another.

Get classic back! Let the corean make a casual mambo-jambo.

EVE Online: Black Hole. Coming really soon.

And... Oh, yeah, small secret - Drifters are Talocan.