These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do you like your portrait? (What "look" were you going for?)

First post
Author
Pod Potato
Gluttonous Hungers Inc.
#121 - 2012-01-23 18:43:54 UTC
Did I get the look I was going for? No, not really... I wanted to look like divine god flesh re-made and re-made wrong through cloning. I wanted to be very, very fat and more or less hairless with lots of tubes sticking out here and there and maybe a spare data-jack in my head.

Hell, I'd be happy just being hella over weight...

All in all, I'm ok with how I turned out. Althrough, I sometimes feel like I look like a leather-daddy.Shocked

☻/ /▌ / \ This is Bob, post him into your forum sig and help him conquer the forums.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#122 - 2012-01-23 18:52:10 UTC
I was going for "humble un-assuming businessman with trustworthy face."
stoicfaux
#123 - 2012-01-23 19:00:55 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Yes, I like my portrait. However, my portrait and my 3D avatar's face look nothing alike...

The goal was to preserve most aspects of my old 2D avatar pic while conveying that raised-eyebrow-slight-smile-smug-I-know-something-you-don't look.

The face takes up most the image because we're all just a bunch of floating heads in thumbnail pics in game, so there's no reason to show a lot of background (thumbnail real estate is too precious to waste on backgrounds.) Also due to the limited and somewhat zany hairstyles available, there wasn't much reason to waste real estate on displaying hair.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#124 - 2012-01-24 00:21:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Thor Kerrigan
stoicfaux wrote:
Yes, I like my portrait. However, my portrait and my 3D avatar's face look nothing alike...

The goal was to preserve most aspects of my old 2D avatar pic while conveying that raised-eyebrow-slight-smile-smug-I-know-something-you-don't look.

The face takes up most the image because we're all just a bunch of floating heads in thumbnail pics in game, so there's no reason to show a lot of background (thumbnail real estate is too precious to waste on backgrounds.) Also due to the limited and somewhat zany hairstyles available, there wasn't much reason to waste real estate on displaying hair.

LOL check this out. (also added my alt)

Tex Raynor

Thor Kerrigan

Considering I was taking into account the old picture as being "3 years ago", I think it worked out. Thanks for the link buddy!
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#125 - 2012-01-24 00:23:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Boxxy Angel Babee wrote:
Trying to look like my Queen. Big smile

CCP please create a Boxxy eye make-up & mooninite shirt package in the NEX store, just for me P

Boxxy?

That gratingly shrill, barking-mad-dog, batshit insane thing is still around?

Ni.

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#126 - 2012-01-24 00:29:04 UTC
I love this thread Smile
Secant wrote:

Mine is a self portrait. More grey in the portrait however. And now I've changed the beard. CCP should let us update facial hair/hairstyles....
what's stopping you from updating your hair/beard?

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

stoicfaux
#127 - 2012-01-24 00:43:47 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:

The haircut is definitely an improvement over the hippie dreads. Granted, you look like a black Freddie Mercury, but it's a look that works. Big smile

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#128 - 2012-01-24 00:51:50 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Thor Kerrigan wrote:

The haircut is definitely an improvement over the hippie dreads. Granted, you look like a black Freddie Mercury, but it's a look that works. Big smile

haha i wish my pic could be this leet!
Noriko Mai
#129 - 2012-01-24 01:15:50 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
I love this thread Smile
Secant wrote:

Mine is a self portrait. More grey in the portrait however. And now I've changed the beard. CCP should let us update facial hair/hairstyles....

Maybe super cool effects like this one.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#130 - 2012-01-24 01:30:21 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
I love this thread Smile
Secant wrote:

Maybe super cool effects like this one.

Goddamn Soul Reavers... think they're soooo cool...
Jno Aubrey
Galactic Patrol
#131 - 2012-01-24 02:45:00 UTC
Well, I tried to model my look after my namesake Jack Aubrey (from the books, not the movie).

Couldn't get the face really "fat" enough, and the lack of long ponytail option for hair is definitely an issue.

I think I did get the 'squinting from staring at the sunlit sea' look pretty well.

Want blue coat and gold epaulette(s) through. That would be wonderful.

Also, breeches.

Name a shrub after me.  Something prickly and hard to eradicate.

Yviene
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#132 - 2012-01-24 02:49:08 UTC
I went for an optimistic young pilot with daddy issues.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#133 - 2012-01-24 02:53:18 UTC
I was looking for pre incarna or as close as I could get.

Now that they have "fixed" the shirt issues I won't be changing any of my avatars. What I have is what I will stay with untill they put more clothes in the NeX.
MacrossGalaxy
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#134 - 2012-01-24 03:54:39 UTC
my blood line is just too "old woman" style D:

so insteat of making her pretty(which is kind of impossible to me), i tried the more mature and sinister path
Boxxy Angel Babee
Suicide noobs
#135 - 2012-01-24 04:16:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Boxxy Angel Babee
Lyrrashae wrote:
Boxxy Angel Babee wrote:
Trying to look like my Queen. Big smile

CCP please create a Boxxy eye make-up & mooninite shirt package in the NEX store, just for me P

Boxxy?

That gratingly shrill, barking-mad-dog, batshit insane thing is still around?

Yes she is, and always in my heart P

And you say "batshit insane" like it is a bad thing.

Podstar!

Oberine Noriepa
#136 - 2012-01-24 04:23:01 UTC
Solhild wrote:
I went for the 'back of a dark age coin' look Big smile

Yours is one of the cooler ones, in my opinion.

Large Collidable Object wrote:
Atticus Fynch wrote:
I went for the "class yearbook photo" look in mine.

Why did you do yours the way you did?

I went for 'incredibly pretty'.

What a beauty!

As for my portrait, I just went for a basic front facing shot. Nothing fancy.

Violent Flame
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#137 - 2012-01-24 04:31:49 UTC
I just wanted to make a nice looking true Amarrian.
Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#138 - 2012-01-24 04:42:05 UTC
I am just a badass. If you met me in a back alley you would be scared. I have the whole not only am I going to kick your ass look, but I might bend you over as well. Yeah I just said that.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Khrage
#139 - 2012-01-24 04:55:48 UTC
i missed my old black khanid helmet. so since i didn't have a cool thing to cover my face anymore, i had to take other measures to make my asian avatar look not as asian. white hair instead of black, older so wrinkles explained more asiany eyes, blue eyes.

went for a serious look, older guy to show exp. nothing silly or crazy or evil looking. avoided the black outfit since it seems like all khanid avatars look the same, so went with the more traditional true amarr style shirt with a more caldari looking background to make it more khanid amarr/caldari mix.

just tried to make it different. how many white fo-hawked old khanid avatars do you see around?
Ngoa
Fight Against Boredom
#140 - 2012-01-24 06:01:45 UTC
Every time i podjump/jumpclone i have to spend 2 hours infront of the mirror getting it juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssst right