These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EXTREMELY rude player base

Author
Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-01-22 23:48:44 UTC
o cry me a river

you look like a douche

and dub step really does suck

go play hello panda online

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Brutor Slavechild 1039248223
#82 - 2012-01-23 00:05:37 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:
man you should see what kind of eve-mails "Jesus" gets...

ROFL, thanks.

And people want him 'to return' (ahem). HE would be SO thrown out and locked up as a FREAK now.......................

Sad world.

Well he was a charlatan cult leader, so probably not locked up so much as running a compound in some remote area.
Spineker
#83 - 2012-01-23 00:09:53 UTC
Dub Step I think you reached your troll harvesting quota for the day.
Sicex
#84 - 2012-01-23 00:17:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sicex
Taedrin wrote:
It's called smacktalk. People generally do it to try to egg you on into attacking them or doing something stupid. Otherwise people never say a peep in local for fear that they might divulge some piece of information which might be useful to you.

This.

Inexperienced combat pilots may not realize that PVP begins in the local chat channels. Despite your best efforts a pirate's mission is to get into your head and under your skin. If I can get you ANGRY and AGGRESSIVE or a bit scared and timid, either way I've already won. To make you feel surrounded by hostiles with mean words just to ensure your uncomfortable is the goal, making you undock from your safety station because I insulted your mom is just win (BTW this happens quite often with only word games in local).

Also, if I can get you into a conversation in local, that means I know your typing and not watching scans, etc... if I can keep you chatting and watching the local chat window, then my friends can continue scanning you down, warping to your location and lock you hopefully before you finish typing your witty retort.

Immature griefers (and forum whores who never undock) will tell you they are insulting you just for the tears but that would require you to come on the forums crying about how everyone is mean... oh... wait... I guess you played into their hands too.

Are you starting to realize that you don't have to be a victim and that some people are playing way over your heads?
W1rlW1nd
WirlWind
#85 - 2012-01-23 00:30:32 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

And people want him 'to return' (ahem). HE would be SO thrown out and locked up as a FREAK now.......................

Sad world.

The first time He came He was tortured and killed by the authorities.
If the second time he arrives he is merely put in jail, isn't that a general sign of improvement?

Optimism?

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#86 - 2012-01-23 00:36:18 UTC
W1rlW1nd wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

If the second time he arrives he is merely put in jail, isn't that a general sign of improvement?

Optimism?

Most likely, he'll end up in an asylum for the mentally insane, if he isn't there already.

No opinion regarding such a return of course, but if I did, I'd probably assume he was crazy if I saw him.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#87 - 2012-01-23 00:44:56 UTC
W1rlW1nd wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Optimism?

The second time He arrives, He'll probably just go ::DOUBLE FACEPALM::, look up to Heaven and say: "Really? REALLY? What are you on, man???!!"

And then say, "**** this, I'm outta here, goin' for a beer..."

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#88 - 2012-01-23 00:49:38 UTC
Lord of the Flies

"The book portrays their descent into savagery; left to themselves in a paradisiacal country, far from modern civilisation, the well-educated children regress to a primitive state."
Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-01-23 01:29:38 UTC
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
lol join PL or Goons then you see the real douches in eve..

negative. If you join them you will find out that you just wasted your "security deposit" and you aren't getting any of your stuff that you contracted to them to jump out to 0.0 back.

Fixed your post.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#90 - 2012-01-23 03:53:53 UTC
Taedrin wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
lol join PL or Goons then you see the real douches in eve..

negative. If you join them you will find out that you just wasted your "security deposit" and you aren't getting any of your stuff that you contracted to them to jump out to 0.0 back.

Fixed your post.

nah, you'll see that the whole "security deposit" thing is a myth

you're welcome to join goonwaffe, just move whatever you want in Deklein to Jita and contract it my way

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ascendic
Polaris Syndicate
#91 - 2012-01-23 04:14:30 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

I was greeted with the following type of comments...

"Dub Step SUXXXXXxxx11!!!!!"

"I hate Dub Step"

"LOL! nice moustache you ******* douchebag ************"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

That is pretty tame tbh and really you do look like a douchebag so........
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#92 - 2012-01-23 04:21:07 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
W1rlW1nd wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Optimism?

Most likely, he'll end up in an asylum for the mentally insane, if he isn't there already.

No opinion regarding such a return of course, but if I did, I'd probably assume he was crazy if I saw him.

Since he performed miracles (according to the Bible), wouldn't you be the crazy one if you saw such a thing.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#93 - 2012-01-23 04:22:24 UTC
They're not rude, just very abrasive.

Keep rubbing off on them and theyll be smooth with ya.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-01-23 04:31:36 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

"I hate Dub Step"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

Or... possibly the problem is that people let folks in a video game ruin their day...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-01-23 04:34:39 UTC
I'm shocked. People don't behave like this in EVE.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Domer Pyle
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2012-01-23 06:04:51 UTC
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

most dubstep DOES suck. true story.

also, this community is pretty tame. i've seen much, much worse.

"Imagine if the bars to your prison were all you had ever known. Then one day, someone appears and unlocks the door. If they have the power to do this, then are they really the liberator? You never remembered who it was that closed you in." - Ior Labron

Vetorept Fera
Doomheim
#97 - 2012-01-23 06:24:54 UTC
What is dub step?

In pace requiescat

Sicex
#98 - 2012-01-23 06:35:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Sicex
Internet fail...

Let me help you...
Vyl Vit
#99 - 2012-01-23 10:30:33 UTC
Infantilism...love it. I guess arrested development is out. For that, one must assume some sort of development was occuring to be arrested. Arrested Infantile. Now, I like how that sings. Let them rake their tin cups on the bars.

I've mentioned an influx of sociopaths (another term falling into disuse) before and was told it's always been this way. Yet, I beg to differ. "Always" depends on how far back you can reach. Another symptom of infantilism is the inability to judge time. Instant gratification as a way of life sort of compresses time on people. Couple that with "since I'm here now, no time before my presence has any validity" (assuming their vocabularies are that big...big assumption) and you've got a house full of chubsters just waiting for a real tough guy to pry their Doritos from their cheesey fingers.

Contempt? Damn straight, and plenty of it.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Zofe Stormcaller
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2012-01-23 16:05:54 UTC
Come back to us when you've been linked to pictures that make your eyes bleed, butt fish for sympathy from your own corp first ;)