These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EXTREMELY rude player base

Author
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#61 - 2012-01-22 17:32:39 UTC
Taedrin wrote:
It's called smacktalk. People generally do it to try to egg you on into attacking them or doing something stupid. Otherwise people never say a peep in local for fear that they might divulge some piece of information which might be useful to you.

no need to egg people into attacking you in null. but if you get em typing, it buys time to probe em down.
JamesCLK
#62 - 2012-01-22 17:38:02 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

no need to egg people into attacking you in null. but if you get em typing, it buys time to probe em down.

Pretty much this.
Local smack has nothing but benefits for the user; you buy time to probe them, you get them angry (especially if they are thin-skinned 'elite' pilots), and/or you may or may not receive tears in return.

I can see only one solution; nerf local smack! Lol

As for advice? GF in local and just drag the name bar as far to the left as it can go Blink

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Lili Lu
#63 - 2012-01-22 17:38:19 UTC
With my deteriorating eyesight and the other browser window openOops my brain mixed up the information and I thought your thread was entitled EXTREMELY nude player base. Then I further realized I didn't want to see a bunch of . . .

So, nmSad
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#64 - 2012-01-22 17:44:18 UTC
Lili Lu wrote:
With my deteriorating eyesight and the other browser window openOops my brain mixed up the information and I thought your thread was entitled EXTREMELY nude player base. Then I further realized I didn't want to see a bunch of . . .

So, nmSad

I do enjoy partaking in the occasional commando fleet.
Dub Step
Death To Everyone But Us
#65 - 2012-01-22 18:15:23 UTC
Lord Mandelor wrote:
In all honesty, having the name "Dub Step" is just asking for trouble.

I wish I knew of this first. How I can change this?
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#66 - 2012-01-22 18:37:46 UTC  |  Edited by: XIRUSPHERE
Id say it's working as intended, you chose to associate yourself with the dumbed down, slowed down ******** cousin of electronica meant to be consumed by the rhythm-less masses. It is for all intensive purposes electronic elevator music.

Go WUB WUB WUB somewhere else you damn dirty commercial music tool!

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#67 - 2012-01-22 18:42:27 UTC
Just ignore the smacktalk and foul language a lot of people use.

99% of them are just sorry people who's only place to vent their frustration is in an online game.
The time not online they just lead pityfull lives in which they have hardly any say so as where it evolves towards to.

Then you have the even sorrier 1% of the smacktalkers who actually thrive on their foul langage. It's their pure reason to exist. To cause mayhem and grief, this because that is all they know how to bring.

Like a wise old man once said:

" Those lacking the brainpower resort to violence, those who lack reason resort to chaos."

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#68 - 2012-01-22 18:43:57 UTC
Killer Gandry wrote:
Just ignore the smacktalk and foul language a lot of people use.

99% of them are just sorry people who's only place to vent their frustration is in an online game.
The time not online they just lead pityfull lives in which they have hardly any say so as where it evolves towards to.

Then you have the even sorrier 1% of the smacktalkers who actually thrive on their foul langage. It's their pure reason to exist. To cause mayhem and grief, this because that is all they know how to bring.

Like a wise old man once said:

" Those lacking the brainpower resort to violence, those who lack reason resort to chaos."

you know, passively aggressively doing exactly what you're describing doesn't make you any different.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2012-01-22 18:58:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Internet anonymity .. enough said.

People acts like that because there is no repercussion. Just makes you thinking what kind of stupid aggressive animals we are.

If EVE audience have had an chance to act like that in real life, means being immortal and having advanced martial-law training with some gunnery skills and gun stash .. it will be actually interesting here on the Earth.
Bane Loppknow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2012-01-22 19:59:01 UTC
Shouldn't have been WUB WUB WUBbing in a warzone.
Wolf Kruol
1st Tikiona Lancers
Citizen's Star Republic
#71 - 2012-01-22 20:35:36 UTC
One reason is to fustrate the other party and hope they mess up in there anger over the nonsense talk. Break your enemies focus and concentration.. They may take it personally and then not follow FC's commands. Doesn't always work but has some added value to bash your targets. Maybe get free kill... Twisted

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-01-22 20:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Wolf Kruol wrote:
One reason is to fustrate the other party and hope they mess up in there anger over the nonsense talk. Break your enemies focus and concentration.. They may take it personally and then not follow FC's commands. Doesn't always work but has some added value to bash your targets. Maybe get free kill... Twisted

Are there actually so gullible people who get distracted by some local chat ? Big smile
and who have an local opened in an fleet ? Except scout probably.
Dantivio
Celestial Drilling
#73 - 2012-01-22 20:42:50 UTC
One does not simply dub step into null sec
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#74 - 2012-01-22 20:43:19 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Calisto Fox wrote:

Re read what i typed, then post again announcing what a brainless moron you are.

*edit - Typical goon lol

Please, enlighten us, what is a "typical goon"?

In American, it's spelt "G-O-O-N."

In English, it's spelt "C-U-N-T."

Ni.

lilol' me
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#75 - 2012-01-22 20:55:36 UTC
lol join PL or Goons then you see the real douches in eve..
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#76 - 2012-01-22 21:35:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Little Lyrra's Tips for Local-Smack:

Language/grammar-snobbery (my personal favourite):

Use this, you'd be amazed at how it pisses off the 1337 SRS BZNS!!!!111oneone1!! crowd. Be sure to explicitly say that they're illiterate, childish fuckwads who embody a generic Internet-cliche, as nuance is often hard to articulate with just text.

After some of ^^that^^ again, say explicitly that you're playing them like a cheap pawn-shop guitar. Feast on the tears of their functionally-illiterate, hathos-inducing attempts at denial.

Be sure to condescendingly criticise the aforesaid language/grammar constantly as you do this. Use big words. (Note: "Pulchritudinous:" Works wonders!)

Don't just be the bigger person, make off like you're better than they in every possible way, and come off like a total pretentious, up-your-own-arse prat about it. Calling them prats as well, I've found, is quite useful! Trouble is, most Americans don't even know what that word means--this is more fuel for your tear-engine when dealing with this demographic, by the way. (Subtle-but-not-too-subtle, condescending anti-American smack to Americans/wannabe-Americans = best psychological-warfare tool ever!)

Also, as someone above said, here's another tip:

Say nothing. At all. Just hunt and kill, if possible, and even then, say nothing. These are the types that any-halfway intelligent PvP'er knows well to be careful of.

Getting screamed at in Russian, and can't read/speak Russian?

No problem--just say "Speak English, mate." They usually scream some more in Russian, to which you respond with total gibberish, with a few random obscenities sprinkled throughout. I have no Russian, but I think I infer correctly that they reeeeeeaaaaally don't like this, in my experience.

Proper smacking is an art-form, not a shite-fest of UMADBRO/UJELLY/URMUM/IPWNZORU...Learn it well, and let the tears of the pitifully eager herd-animals fuel your ship, too.

I think it needs saying: In even just the three years I've been playing, I've noticed a marked decline in the overall quality of the community--too many console-kiddies/neglected kid-ults finding EVE, along with too many over-entitled crybears who don't understand what we're really about, imho. I think/hope/pray that this will change soon. EVE used to be smarter than it is now...

Ni.

Aineko Macx
#77 - 2012-01-22 22:53:25 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
Lord Mandelor wrote:

Dude, that's a valuable asset, assuming you like to get people mad Lol

Keep wubwubing on.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#78 - 2012-01-22 23:02:58 UTC
Aineko Macx wrote:
Dub Step wrote:
Lord Mandelor wrote:

Dude, that's a valuable asset, assuming you like to get people mad Lol

Keep wubwubing on.

He should name every single ship "WUB WUB WUB", and fly through null spamming local with his sick beats.
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#79 - 2012-01-22 23:14:29 UTC
you know you did a good job if the tears you milked spilled out onto the forums. mmmm tears.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2012-01-22 23:22:25 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
lol join PL or Goons then you see the real douches in eve..

negative. If you join them you will find out they are just normal people like anyone else.
If you are outsider well, there you go.