These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EXTREMELY rude player base

Author
Ione Hawke
Darkness Industries
#21 - 2012-01-18 21:01:30 UTC
Welcome to the internetz and welcome to EVE Online ;)
Implying Implications
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-01-18 21:02:26 UTC
biomass yourself op
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-01-18 21:03:43 UTC
There are always a ton of douchebags on the internet, you just have to ignore them. I will agree that dubstep music is pretty bad though
Buff Jesus
#24 - 2012-01-18 21:04:30 UTC
Anonymity and the ability to get away with it cause people to be horrible human beings, Best get used to it.

New Favorite Eve Hobby: Bumping BS's with a Crow.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2012-01-18 21:08:24 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

I was greeted with the following type of comments...

"Dub Step SUXXXXXxxx11!!!!!"

"I hate Dub Step"

"LOL! nice moustache you ******* douchebag ************"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

Damn. I haven't been smacktalked in so long I am starting to think I was the only human player out there in my last 0.0 roam.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#26 - 2012-01-18 21:16:28 UTC
Yes, what is wrong with these people you look lovely and dubstep is a perfectly valid music choice for your chosen lifestyle

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#27 - 2012-01-18 21:18:35 UTC
1% of those people you meet use this as a strategy. They try to make you feel uncomfortable and try to push you to foolish/aggressive actions you wouldn't do otherwise.

the remaining 99% just repeats what the 1% does.

eve rule #1: find a nice corp
eve rule #2: ignore the 99% i mentioned above

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2012-01-18 21:20:16 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

"I hate Dub Step"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

Friend,

Getting punched in the nuts in Local is part of the game, with your looks however you're kind of asking for it. Blink

My advice, get a thicker skin, roll with it, and then melt them like butter. Don't fire back with words let the thunder of your broadsides speak for you sirrah! Oh and don't come onto the forums to be a whiny McBitchface about it. It belittles you and then gives even more people ammunition to use against you. Part of the fun many derive in this game is what they can do to YOU to make YOU miserable. They thirst for your tears like homeless drunk thirsts for Mad Dog.

Many ask why this is. One thought is that EVE is where those too borish to play more civilized games go becuase of its no holds barred nature. Others think those people who smack jaws in local were abused children. Too much of mommies love? Not enough? I'll let you judge for yourself.

Who really knows the nature and motivation of man when he is confronted with the limitless griefing opportunities present in New Eden. Some will say Poor Dub Step. I say Poor US.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
Wot I Think
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-01-18 21:20:52 UTC
Poor Baby, come to my system, and we'll get you back to people who love you in a hurry.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#30 - 2012-01-18 21:29:06 UTC
IGNATIUS HOOD wrote:

Friend,

Getting punched in the nuts in Local is part of the game, with your looks however you're kind of asking for it. Blink

you can do that with style to provoke conflict. However running around and insulting everyone you see is hardly part of the game - its you hiding behind a screen.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-01-18 21:29:13 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

Damn. I haven't been smacktalked in so long I am starting to think I was the only human player out there in my last 0.0 roam.

I agressed a guy in Aviars (badly) only to have him and his corpies bust my chops incessantly about the all capping of my Character name. The amount of ***** i gave? Nada. I actually joined in on the fun at my expense while hopping safes until my GCC ran down. They gave up after I was making more fun of me than they were.

Stuff like this is low hanging fruit in smack talk IMO. Want to really annoy someone talk over their heads. I quoted some Shakespeare once to a guy in the WH after he alphaed my hauler on a PI run. He didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
Amber Katelo
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-01-18 21:30:52 UTC
I have to agree with the OP, they really should've been saying things like:

"Might I suggest that the troupe of so-called musicians after which you appear to be named make recordings reminiscent of my morning flatulence."

or

"I am quite positive that your coif and mustache would make your mother weep, for surely she never intended for you to turn your visage into an homage to a member of The Village People."

We need more polite smack talk to encourage fair duels.
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-01-18 21:32:11 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
IGNATIUS HOOD wrote:

Friend,

you can do that with style to provoke conflict. However running around and insulting everyone you see is hardly part of the game - its you hiding behind a screen.

The distinction is lost on most. I tend to follow a live and let live policy in EVE personally. Others don't. It however doesn't mean I'll go loading a gun for them and putting it to my own temple if I can avoid it. OP should consider this as well. Or at least not admit its getting to him.
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-01-18 21:32:54 UTC
Amber Katelo wrote:

"Might I suggest that the troupe of so-called musicians after which you appear to be named make recordings reminiscent of my morning flatulence."

or

"I am quite positive that your coif and mustache would make your mother weep, for surely she never intended for you to turn your visage into an homage to a member of The Village People."

I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-01-18 21:41:16 UTC
lots of Russian/German neo nazi filth in EVE. an American white trash pos here and there. and lots of loud, drunken Brits, but i dont mind these that much.

overall, i find the EVE community "ok".
Derus Grobb
Shifting Suns Industries
DammFam
#36 - 2012-01-18 21:46:39 UTC
WUBWUBUWBWUBWUB BUP BUP BUP
Relettov
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#37 - 2012-01-18 21:56:51 UTC
Amber Katelo wrote:

or

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Dragon Outlaw
Rogue Fleet
#38 - 2012-01-18 23:18:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Dragon Outlaw
There are some people outthere who will hunt and kill you without saying anything in local (even after you smacktalked them). I even seen this behavior from large size fleets. Those are the type of players you should fear.

I find smacktalkers entertaining!
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#39 - 2012-01-18 23:22:46 UTC
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

Deklein?

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Heimdallofasgard
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#40 - 2012-01-18 23:36:46 UTC
Ioci wrote:
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

Deklein?

Bless you.

SSSSNIPE!