These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Battleships and newbs.

Author
Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-09-13 20:47:08 UTC
No. EVE is not about coddling new players and trying to make their gaming experience padded so they stay. Those people end up being the ones who whine about everything and cause PvP to be nerfed later because they can't stand to be ganked in their 4.5B ISK mining fit with 2k ehp.

I can fly a number of ships that I don't really know how to fly - I choose not to because I'm not an idiot. People need to learn to not be stupid.
Annoitte
Rogue Businessmen
#62 - 2012-09-16 23:07:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Annoitte
If I can make a suggestion...

Most of the people I have introduced to Eve have been former WoW players, and the problems started with that. The question I heard most was, "So, getting a bigger ship is kinda like levelling up, right?"

So, those people go on to flying in Cruisers, thinking they are baddasses and doing things like fitting Frigate guns, and Small Reppers/Shield Boosters, things of this silly nature. They get popped in a mission, or playing around in low-sec, or whathaveyou, and then, they say, "Dude, this sucks, in WoW I'd be totally unkillable right now, and here, I gotta wait for like, three more days..."

My personal opinion, this isn't that hard of a game to get used to. There's plenty of help out there. These Newbs that either don't want help, or refuse to ask for it, or worse, are too damned lazy to look for it.... Hell with 'em, they can go back to WoW, and **** around without using their damn brains.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2012-09-17 00:00:47 UTC
this is stupid making a ship take longer to train is the wrong way to get noobs to not fly one. with this change simply put people will lose it later on, which isn't good.
it would be better for there to be something reccomending certain skills before flying a bs, then not letting them fly at all.