These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are missile pointless?

Author
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2012-01-15 22:23:10 UTC
Who is this moron. Don't hate me cuz you aint me.
Aisha's Vengence
#42 - 2012-01-15 22:26:36 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:

glass houses
Jesus Rambo
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-01-15 22:26:41 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Jesus Rambo wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
No one flies the drake because it has a 'good tank'.. lol. So that leaves with you 'more versatile'. Which isn't really saying anything other than it can fit a neut. Which a Curse does much better so it doesn't really have a role there. I guess it can kill frigs good. But so can frigs, destroyers, and cruisers.

Missiles are pointless.

I.... you.... what?

There's been some threads floating around where certain people have made some semi-silly comments. I think that one was made by Czyllik or some such. He's basically just taking a bunch of recent posts, modifying them to a greater or lesser degree, and posting them here.

All things considered, I find this thread ******* hilarious.

-Liang

I've read them, and I ******* hate it. I can't tell which are the serious ones and which are the troll copies now D:

10/10 though, ships and modules suddenly got interesting beyond the usual daily "HOW I FIT DRAEK" threads.
OfBalance
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-01-15 22:31:00 UTC
8/10 for creativity

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#45 - 2012-01-15 22:32:44 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:

glass houses

Puzzling...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#46 - 2012-01-15 22:41:21 UTC
Jesus Rambo wrote:

I've read them, and I ******* hate it. I can't tell which are the serious ones and which are the troll copies now D:

10/10 though, ships and modules suddenly got interesting beyond the usual daily "HOW I FIT DRAEK" threads.

Yeah, well it seems that we have thoroughly explored the idea of how to optimally fit a Drake under ideal EFT situations. The question of how to optimally fit a Drake (or any other ship) in game might need a bit of refining though. People spend entirely too much time worshiping EFT numbers and not enough understanding when they may or may not be appropriate (or even correct).

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#47 - 2012-01-15 22:41:43 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:

glass houses

lol, <3

Jesus Rambo
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-01-15 22:45:31 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Jesus Rambo wrote:

Yeah, well it seems that we have thoroughly explored the idea of how to optimally fit a Drake under ideal EFT situations. The question of how to optimally fit a Drake (or any other ship) in game might need a bit of refining though. People spend entirely too much time worshiping EFT numbers and not enough understanding when they may or may not be appropriate (or even correct).

-Liang

Oh no, I'm talking about all the people asking for L4 fits. Apparently google is too intimidating for some.
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-01-15 23:32:55 UTC
Say what?
Missiles will always be useful for exclusive missile ships like the Drake, and a very nice auxiliary damage source for ships like the Cyclone, Cane and Rifter.
Aisha's Vengence
#50 - 2012-01-15 23:34:45 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?
Missiles will always be useful for exclusive missile ships like the Drake, and a very nice auxiliary damage source for ships like the Cyclone, Cane and Rifter.

None of those ships is the Talos, your point is invalid.
illirdor
Upper Class Goat
#51 - 2012-01-15 23:38:21 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Jesus Rambo wrote:

-Liang

or they could just come by Amamake :P sry couldnt resist XD

Soooo this is my sig.... 

DarkAegix
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-01-15 23:48:32 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

None of those ships is the Talos, your point is invalid.

Drake can beat Talos.
Come to Amamake.
Jesus Rambo
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2012-01-15 23:59:41 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

Come to Amamake.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#54 - 2012-01-16 00:00:00 UTC
Jesus Rambo wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

Come to Amamake.

PLEASE!

DarkAegix
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-01-16 00:00:36 UTC
Jesus Rambo wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

Come to Amamake.

No, YOU come to EC-P8R.
Jesus Rambo
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2012-01-16 00:02:54 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:
Jesus Rambo wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

Come to Amamake.

No, YOU come to EC-P8R.

Your sec status tells me that its much closer for you to come to me than for me to come to you. We might be able to arrange to meet somewhere in between if you're really wanting a rumble. ;)

-Jesus Rambo
Aisha's Vengence
#57 - 2012-01-16 00:04:22 UTC
Jesus Rambo wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Jesus Rambo wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Say what?

Come to Amamake.

No, YOU come to EC-P8R.

Your sec status tells me that its much closer for you to come to me than for me to come to you. We might be able to arrange to meet somewhere in between if you're really wanting a rumble. ;)

-Jesus Rambo

I live in EC-P8R. You should drop by with your Falcon and make me cry. I'm so terrible at this game and my tears are so easy to take and you can farm kills off of me allll daaayyyy loonnnnggg..... It might even be worth staging a few falcons in Torrinos just to make sure you can quickly replace any losses from the rats (because we both know I suck too bad to actually kill you). You can use Red Frog Freight to move them in bulk. :( :( :( :(
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2012-01-16 02:16:44 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
20 Lachesis 8763

I'm sorry, but did a Gallente ship just make the top 20?
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#59 - 2012-01-16 02:18:12 UTC
Roosterton wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
20 Lachesis 8763

I noticed that too... but then I've been looking at the Lachesis pretty hard myself lately. We've got a new fleet doctrine I've been cooking up for late night Amamaketown and a Lach would just make it dandy.

-Liang

Goose99
#60 - 2012-01-16 02:37:06 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Roosterton wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
20 Lachesis 8763

I noticed that too... but then I've been looking at the Lachesis pretty hard myself lately. We've got a new fleet doctrine I've been cooking up for late night Amamaketown and a Lach would just make it dandy.

-Liang

When you put a long point on every ship going through a gatecamp, you get on a lot of kms.