These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What ideas for Eve do you never want to see proposed again?

Author
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#21 - 2012-01-13 22:10:49 UTC
WiS
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-01-13 22:15:08 UTC
I sense this thread will be bookmarked by all hungry trolls to use everything in here to get themselves enough body fat to get through the long , cold winter...

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#23 - 2012-01-13 22:16:36 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I sense this thread will be bookmarked by all hungry trolls to use everything in here to get themselves enough body fat to get through the long , cold winter...

I am actually considering simply linking it whenever I see one of those ideas.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#24 - 2012-01-13 22:19:00 UTC
Morganta wrote:
WiS

For once, we agree...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Atticus Fynch
#25 - 2012-01-13 22:20:27 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Morganta wrote:
WiS

For once, we agree...

Arent you and Morganta, sister?What?

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#26 - 2012-01-13 22:44:56 UTC
any thing about large fleet fight's and getting killed "to soon"(so don't do it if you hate big fight)
any thing with about not having to wait for SP
removal of____ (and no change up/replacement)
_____titan___to much____
WiS
Nurf minietard
any kind of cap's in hi-sec
Navy/pie dessy's or BC's(ships that use Race skills are fine)
Jovian ships

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#27 - 2012-01-13 22:49:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
Topics I would like to never see again:

Removal of local
Removal or not fully developing incarna

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-01-13 22:52:08 UTC
- SOPA

Oh well, it may not be important enough... let me try again:

- Red mining beam

Evil
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#29 - 2012-01-13 22:53:03 UTC
The rage threads about WiS and the faces of some of the whiners.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#30 - 2012-01-13 22:59:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Ideas/proposals that I HATE seeing are:

- PLEX/AUR for SP.
- PLEX/AUR for SP remap.
- SP gain/acceleration through "grinding."
- Arenas and "instanced environments."
- NPC mercs and "helpers."
- WASD/Joystick controls.
- Obviously OPed ships and/or modules that can do everything.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#31 - 2012-01-13 23:03:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mars Theran
Atticus Lowa wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
- WASD flight control, line of sight combat, and any other physically impossible feature

since ship combat is entirely computerized, LoS is pointless, YOUR not shooting at targets, your ship itself is.

Line of site is cool, but agreed, it is quite impossible with current mechanics. Flying your ship First Person isn't however, and I think this is what people really want. It's the idea of the double-click interface, when trying to manage transversal and reduce incoming dps that makes combat so hard for some people, including myself.

Really, all we need is a First Person view with overview still available and a mini-'Overview' Radar. It's funny that in EVE, your view, HUD, and ship interface are collectively referred to as the overview; but the overview is actually just a list of targets in technical terms. Makes explaining that a tad awkward.

To be clear: Put the current screen view in a radar window, and give us first-person perspective piloting and control. It is quite possible, and very feasible. Everything else stays the same, and you can just switch control methods in ESC Menu or with a Hot-key.

I know right; you hate it already. I should expect to see this pop onto the list right below my post; or maybe a few down.

Good thing I'm getting marginally accustomed to click-click...click-click...... click-click...click-click.. after 4 years.

edit: ..hell, even first-person perspective and double-click would be easier; provided you had a control to click and activate a 180 degree turn or something.

edit 2: Oh yeah, and I love having to right-mouse, sweep to rotate view every time I want to change direction. Super easy when you're zoomed all the way out to see what's going on and you're not even sure which direction you're flying.

Good thing we have engine trails now. Gives me a little better reference point than a dot; for my opponents too.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-01-13 23:20:36 UTC
"Improve the forums... bring the old forum back...forum ate my post...." etc etc etc

Ok, the forum software sucks, but we all know that already, no need to point it out every day.
Eve is just a cold and cruel world, so HTFU and never write a post that you cannot afford to lose.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#33 - 2012-01-13 23:23:12 UTC
The nerfing incurions ideas and well as ideas based on the idea that wardecs are broken.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#34 - 2012-01-13 23:37:09 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
"Improve the forums... bring the old forum back...forum ate my post...." etc etc etc

Ok, the forum software sucks, but we all know that already, no need to point it out every day.
Eve is just a cold and cruel world, so HTFU and never write a post that you cannot afford to lose.

..or get firefox and that add-on that allows you to go back and find your post still in one piece.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#35 - 2012-01-13 23:45:00 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

..or get firefox and that add-on that allows you to go back and find your post still in one piece.

Or use Chrome, which does that naturally.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#36 - 2012-01-13 23:55:32 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
never write a post that you cannot afford to lose.

Have all my likes! Lol

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Surge Roth
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-01-14 00:04:44 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Mars Theran wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Or use Chrome, which does that naturally.

or crtl+a and crtl+c. Keep crtl+v on stand by.
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-01-14 00:07:32 UTC
Tippia wrote:
“Safe” space.
Add [whatever] to the NeX.

pretty much this.
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#39 - 2012-01-14 00:12:29 UTC
1. Skills that train as you use them, instead of being on a timer like it is now. Seriously, there's enough grind already.
2. $, isk, plex, whatever for skillpoints. No pay to win plz.
3. Nerfing hi sec even more.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#40 - 2012-01-14 00:31:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Wacktopia
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

• SP re-assignment
  • Organized PvP "arenas"
  • Line of sight combat mechanics

Yes, these are the three worst ideas ever.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Previous page123Next page