These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online = Dungeons and Dragons 2.0

Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#81 - 2012-01-10 08:04:57 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Of course, it you want convoluted (at least in terms of die rolls), there's once again Earthdawn: “hey, I know, let's have ability scores that determine the dice to roll through the rule of ‘how can I get the same number by adding together the statistical averages (rounded up) of as few dice as possible” (?!) An ability score of 9? Well, that's 5 + 4, so obviously you roll D8+D6. 13? That's a D12+D10, duh! Ugh

The Serenity RPG did something similar, though it just had your stats be dice. Your str is a d8 and your dex a d4? Than your Str+Dex roll is a d8+d4. Big Damn Heroes indeed.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#82 - 2012-01-10 08:30:16 UTC
This thread is now a D&D 5E Thread.

Yes, already. Give it a Google, it's still a few months too early for April Fools.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#83 - 2012-01-10 08:48:36 UTC
oh nice my post got eaten ...

well for short check google for :
unknown armies
critical hit and fumble decks from paizo for D20
dawning star campaign setting for d20 future

EvilP

thanks CCP !