These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

The Archon Carrier, is it worth it?

Author
mama guru
Yazatas.
#41 - 2012-01-06 14:28:12 UTC
PVE carriers are cheap as hell to fit. And most carriers are rigged at 3x CCC's for both pve and pvp. Having alternate fits for pvp is just fine, make sure you got enough isk to replace it after you loose it though. Replacing a carrier and moving it to wherever you rat is usually a one/half a day undertaking unless you are really cheap waiting for prices to drop like 30 mil.

But yes there are benefits to having both a pvp and a pve carrier, but chanses are high the pvp carrier will just sit there for a very long time. Meanwhile that carrier represents isk you are not trading with and so on.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Tarunik Raqalth'Qui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-01-06 14:39:45 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aamrr wrote:

I'm sorry. That's a non-argument. If you've been playing Eve long enough to skill into and purchase a carrier, you should be able to fit your ship properly. There's saved fittings, there's XML imports, there's all variety of tools to automate this stuff, even if your brain is too comotose to "drag module to slot. drag next module to slot."

If a ship is insured, rigs are really the ONLY reason you should be switching to another ship. And who uses anything but CCCs on their carriers anyway?

If you've been playing Eve long enough to skill into a carrier, you should be able to buy multiple carriers. Don't intentionally PVP in your PVE ship. Its ******* stupid.

-Liang

Ed: Also... :)

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. Think of it as having to PvE in your PvP ship (surprisingly doable, actually: I've done it before, plenty of times). ;)
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#43 - 2012-01-06 17:36:00 UTC
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui wrote:

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. Think of it as having to PvE in your PvP ship (surprisingly doable, actually: I've done it before, plenty of times). ;)

As long as you're PVEing in your straight up PVE fit I wouldn't really care. But, for example, one of my PVP carriers doesn't have anything but ECM drones....

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Previous page123