These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Eve = Safe

Author
Dsparil
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2017-07-09 15:40:24 UTC
Easy. Get rid of the stupid kill right system they put into place two years ago. Get rid of the no friendly fire feature in corporations. Set things back to the way they were. EVE used to be a very fun and challenging place. CCP doesn't seem to understand that this isn't WoW. By holding the hands of high sec carebears they're going to chase away a lot of the content. In fact they already have chased away some people. The killrights system is just outright ******** now. Awoxing is impossible now. There's no fun anymore. Go gate camp or get involved in meta-game politics(which to me, is the most annoying thing in this game).

......and I really do hope CCP sees this post. There are some things that definitely need to be rolled back. Make EVE great again. Stop holding peoples' hands. Seriously. I've taken several hiatuses from the game just because it gets boring.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#22 - 2017-07-09 21:28:07 UTC
Awoxing isn't impossible.....just....abit harder now.

And if you sneak into a corp that has 'No friendly fire' that just means you need to talk somebody into a duel...you know...to test your tank......

Lol

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#23 - 2017-07-10 19:06:12 UTC
Make citadels lootable in all parts of space. The current 'best practice' in null is to not defend your space, let the heat die down and then go collect your stuff. (see WWB for example of a very large entity folding up for a month and then skulking back later with more or less zero meaningful loss)

TLDR - no magical space teleportation hoo haw

No local in null

Delayed local in LS

Bring back the watch list (if we can once again make ratting supers go boom..... what's the downside to that again??? I don't remember.)

STOP THINKING THAT PANDERING TO ANYONE WILL GET MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS. (it's making it worse)

(imagine hollow thud as I pass out from the release of all that built up pandering rage - it started when they put cyno jammers in the game and has just been incrementally building ever since)

PRO TIP: The original Eve concept is/was great and is what drew folks here and kept them in the first place. Don't give up on that, double down on it!
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#24 - 2017-07-10 20:06:30 UTC
We'll always have Elite:Dangerous.

Pirate

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Clockwork Robot
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#25 - 2017-07-11 11:18:41 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
STOP THINKING THAT PANDERING TO ANYONE WILL GET MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Unless it's pandering to the right people.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#26 - 2017-07-11 15:59:51 UTC
Clockwork Robot wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
STOP THINKING THAT PANDERING TO ANYONE WILL GET MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Unless it's pandering to the right people.

True enough, but it's become obvious over the years that the norm for player requests doesn't revolve around making the game better, it has revolved around gaining advantage. I suppose that's not entirely fair to say. Rewording it a bit..... most of the soul crushing game changes have come from players trying to gain advantage.

This is only aggravated by CCPs unwillingness to roll back changes that suck. I get stubborn, but what they have(n't) done over the years is beyond explanation.

So that leaves with 'Who are the right people?'

I think CCP has proven that listening to anyone in or running a large null / wh entity (spoiler - same guys) doesn't make playing eve more fun for most of the players.

I think a first good step would be to get rid of the overabundance of supers. The production rate has outpaced the loss rate since 6 months after their introduction. (CCPs solution was to remove the watchlist because too many ratting supers were being lost - which is what we all know they were introduced into the game to do in the first place?????)

Ideas to head back in the correct direction:
1- limit the number of anoms in any given system to 20 total.
2- get rid of system upgrades so folks actually fight over good space instead of just spend some isk to create it.
3- kill supers..... errrr..... let players kill supers
a- bring back the watch list so the stupid may be punished
b- suspend DT when those epic fights are in progress such that all those supers on the field don't get magically saved
4- make the contents of citadels lootable in all parts of space. (no more WWB type 'dud' conflicts)

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#27 - 2017-07-11 18:12:04 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
STOP THINKING THAT PANDERING TO ANYONE WILL GET MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS. (it's making it worse)

Only pandering to those whom are owed carriers by way of their forum shenanigans will make EvE great again

MAKE EVE GREAT AGAIN! GIVE BRONSON HIS THANNY!

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

FlipMoe Squad
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2017-07-12 04:25:33 UTC
It's nice to see the old forums ending on such a high note. Thank goodness they'll be archived as the "how-not-to" forum. Thanks for your many contributions! Seeya in the new shiny forums! Imagine remove off topic posts....that's only the tip of the iceberg!

GLEE!!!!

These forums smell

Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2017-07-16 09:22:29 UTC
Completely remove the ability to store items and ships in NPC stations safely. Also add the ability to loot citadels and other player owned structures as others have mentioned.

No more hoarding safely = More risk for all
Worgen Fratmon
Netflix and Kill
Digital Vendetta
#30 - 2017-07-20 09:46:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Worgen Fratmon
Remove all timers from every structure, triple or quadruple the hp (to give owners a chance to defend), make NPC stations destructible with appropriate NPC response fleets (if destroyed, they are rebuilt in a week or so), no asset safety anywhere.
Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#31 - 2017-07-21 19:56:03 UTC
Jagd Wilde wrote:
The ability to bribe CONCORD, or at least try. The bigger the bribe the more likely CONCORD gets "lost" on the way to the scene of the crime. If you screw up the bribe, or get the wrong cop, you get heavy fines.

This seems like it has the potential to generate content.

With PLEX because Greed Is Good.

A signature :o

Previous page12