These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New loki stats on test server, mostly good, but something very bad.

Author
Elenahina
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2017-06-29 19:14:26 UTC
Kisar wrote:

Yes, I realise there are other core subs that add mid slots. However, I prefer to use the Nuclear reactor for its +20% powergrid, 5% energy warfare resistance, and 5% cap recharge reduction. This is simply one of the best pvp options. Sadly it gives +3 lo slots and +1 mid slot so combined with the better propusion mod you end up with only 3 mid slots.

If you want to run a shield tank loki, you need to pick the worst subs, being pigeonholed into roles you don't want to play. I want to shield tank but i don't want +75% sensor strength, scan res bonus, or to be forced into using the web range bonus sub because all of the other bonuses on that sub make it crap. Shield loki simply won't be worth playing.[/quote]

I have indicated the portion of your post that makes this entire thread ironic.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Kisar
Doomheim
#22 - 2017-06-29 22:44:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Kisar
Elenahina wrote:
Kisar wrote:

I have indicated the portion of your post that makes this entire thread ironic..

Not seeing the irony or the point.

Anyway, they've nerfed the 5% energy weapon resist to just 3% per level now instead, so it's not so much more amazingly better like it was before.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2017-06-30 03:20:21 UTC
What's a Loki?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Elenahina
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2017-06-30 19:45:08 UTC
Kisar wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
Kisar wrote:

I have indicated the portion of your post that makes this entire thread ironic..

Not seeing the irony or the point.

Anyway, they've nerfed the 5% energy weapon resist to just 3% per level now instead, so it's not so much more amazingly better like it was before.

The point being that your choices and preferences are what leaves you with only 3 midslots. It's called making a tradeoff, and it's working as intended.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#25 - 2017-06-30 22:33:57 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
What's a Loki?

A trickster. Perhaps a troll, even.

Depends on context, though. When a ganker got ganked, we used to call it being "Karma Loki'ed" meaning you've finally been had by karma essentually, but that originated from some of use watching too much of the Creatures' (group of YouTubers) older stuff from like 2012-2014.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

The Devils Cousin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2017-07-01 09:39:07 UTC
It's called making choices, CCP did not design these ships just to give u a re stupid OP pvp and pve cruiser, yeh bruv!

CCP Please Don't Do This..

The Respawn Expansion

TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2017-07-02 15:25:20 UTC
Mhari Dson wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
Kisar wrote:
Unless you want to have only 3 mid slots on your Loki, you need to fit the Wake Limiter propulsion upgrade. The trouble is it comes with garbage stats. 10% afterburner increase per level, 10% reduction in mwd sig penalty. +2 mid slots. Fit this and you'll have 5 mid slots which is very important, even the minimum required for shield tanks. End fit is 5 mid slots 5 lo slots.

This makes it really bad because you gain very little from this propulsion upgrade over the other, better one, the Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofires - which gives you 7.5% agility per level, 5% max velocity per level, and +2 lo slots. Nice bonuses but now you'll have 7 lo slots and 3 mid slots. Which ruins this for shield tanks because they cannot use this at all with only 3 mid slots.

Plan to run afterburner? Not to worry, won't even miss the 50% afterburner speed bonus from the Wake Limiter, because your afterburner speed is virtually as fast anyway thanks to the velocity bonus. And MWD? Much faster again.

So looks like you have to choose between 3 mid slots 7 lo slots with slick agility and speed or 5 mid slots 5 lo slots with much worse agility and speed. If you plan to use shield you don't even get a real choice because you're forced to pick the Wake Limiter for the +2 mid slots.

I don't know how to fix this. I guess armor loki is going to be significantly faster and more agile than shield loki.

Holy sh*t, you mean you can't have the best of everything at once? Holy sh*t CCP how dare you.

Holy S#itposting fatman! And coming from the center of the largest alliance in the F*ck eve over for anyone but us category.

Seriously, BOB was better than goon ever will be, at least they just ignored the small groups instead of purposefully antagonizing/attacking them.

You seem triggered. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Sithia deMorta
Conquering Darkness
#28 - 2017-07-04 05:00:34 UTC
The Devils Cousin wrote:
It's called making choices, CCP did not design these ships just to give u a re stupid OP pvp and pve cruiser, yeh bruv!

Turning them into a Navy issue class cruiser, that loses 4 days of SP when they get blown up sounds like a win too.
Previous page12