These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Monthly Economic Report - May 2017

First post
Author
April rabbit
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2017-06-13 11:39:28 UTC
blaedin jordan wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Why not nerf NPC bounties ?

Would a graph showing wealth structure spread over the years be possible ?


That's not the goal, this is a ninja nerf to null sec capital fleets without ceiling it a nerf to null sec capital fleets -- and my carrier, and everyone else's carriers, are the causality. That's my tinfoil hat theory anyway...

Well. After removing NPC aggro increasing your theory looks even more promising.
Sister Stetille
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2017-06-13 17:26:16 UTC
I am by no means an economist but I do have a question. It looks like the value of itens destroyed in the last month is about 1T isk, but the insurance payouts were 5-6T isk. Is insurance paying more than what is destroyed or am I missing something?
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2017-06-14 16:36:57 UTC
Sister Stetille wrote:
I am by no means an economist but I do have a question. It looks like the value of itens destroyed in the last month is about 1T isk, but the insurance payouts were 5-6T isk. Is insurance paying more than what is destroyed or am I missing something?


Value of destroyed items in the last month is about 1.1T/day, not a total for the month Smile
Paul oz
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2017-06-15 21:59:59 UTC
Put isk sink in the game! For example put the Accelerators on npc market. Maybie in some diferent size like implants and not on idiot price so the pilots will buy it .
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2017-06-15 22:03:40 UTC
Paul oz wrote:
Put isk sink in the game! For example put the Accelerators on npc market. Maybie in some diferent size like implants and not on idiot price so the pilots will buy it .


Why? Why not just reduce the flow of ISK into the economy as that is the problem after all.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2017-06-19 17:07:12 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Paul oz wrote:
Put isk sink in the game! For example put the Accelerators on npc market. Maybie in some diferent size like implants and not on idiot price so the pilots will buy it .


Why? Why not just reduce the flow of ISK into the economy as that is the problem after all.


Why not? Injectors are basically a mild form of pay to win and CCP is making mad money out of them by providing OP things that everyone skills into before it is nerfed. Add an isk cost to them and extractors and those chasing OP things can provide a nice isk sink.

We could also remove the insurance since it's not doing anything useful. Every time something blows up (except high sec gankers) tons of isk is injected into the game.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2017-06-19 18:24:55 UTC
Axhind wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Paul oz wrote:
Put isk sink in the game! For example put the Accelerators on npc market. Maybie in some diferent size like implants and not on idiot price so the pilots will buy it .


Why? Why not just reduce the flow of ISK into the economy as that is the problem after all.


Why not? Injectors are basically a mild form of pay to win and CCP is making mad money out of them by providing OP things that everyone skills into before it is nerfed. Add an isk cost to them and extractors and those chasing OP things can provide a nice isk sink.

We could also remove the insurance since it's not doing anything useful. Every time something blows up (except high sec gankers) tons of isk is injected into the game.


I thought we covered this. The more SP the more one "wins"?

Then the problem is an OP ship, module, etc. The skill injector is largely irrelevant in that even under the old fashioned method of SP acquisition an OP ship will still be OP once enough people have obtained the SP.

Insurance can induce more PvP. Consider this thought experiment.

Bob has 50 million ISK (a newish player). He has a 2.5 million ISK ship. With insurance he gets back (just picking a number) say 50% of the ISK when he loses the ship. Now, instead of being able to afford 20 ships, Bob can afford 40 such ships--i.e. Bob can, and probably will, PvP more.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2017-06-19 18:26:15 UTC
CCP Quant wrote:
Sister Stetille wrote:
I am by no means an economist but I do have a question. It looks like the value of itens destroyed in the last month is about 1T isk, but the insurance payouts were 5-6T isk. Is insurance paying more than what is destroyed or am I missing something?


Value of destroyed items in the last month is about 1.1T/day, not a total for the month Smile


Could we get those figures into the same time frame...or maybe add to the daily graph the daily average destroyed and the number of days in the period under consideration?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Previous page12