These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

So long. It's been fun.

First post
Author
Goe Rilla
Doomheim
#21 - 2017-06-03 13:47:04 UTC
Nostalgia, and/or also, by the force of time people change as individuals with varying needs and aspirations...over 10 years.

It's a pretty long time.

Some people are also happy just being where they've been, and likely still will be in the next 10.

Good for them then.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#22 - 2017-06-03 15:46:10 UTC
I don't like capital blob either.
Adios.

Can I haz your stuff?
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#23 - 2017-06-03 16:41:13 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If nothing else, this is a great bait thread on an otherwise slow forum day. Look how quickly you snagged Jenn, for instance.

Well done, good sir. Well done indeed.

Mr Epeen Cool




2.5 minutes. I wonder if that's a Jenn alt. I would not put it past them to troll their own alts as an opportunity to push their HTFU agenda.
It wouldn't be the first time.

I well remember the old forums where it was pretty often you'd catch someone's two alts having an argument in a given thread. It was real easy back then to slip up and post with the wrong character.

Mr Epeen Cool


That's the thing that bothers me when to people like this. You (epeen) are on record about how you don't post with your main character and even once told the story on this very board about how you accidently posted with it once (and seemed to be mortified at the act).

I am not you. I have 4 accounts and 11 characters and I only post here with Jenn because I always have. Unlike some, I'm a grown man, I don't need to pretend I'm someone else (beyond pretending to be the white haired white woman of my avatar of course, I only made Jenn because I wanted to know where the white women were at at all times).

I don't like you people and you don't like me, I despise the enablers of willful weakness and helplessness you two are (and I dislike those types in game and out). But if there is something you want to know (like for instance, the names of all my characters), let me know. You see, I can keep a video game in context.

Can you?
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#24 - 2017-06-03 16:48:23 UTC
Dan Morvis wrote:
Frankly, I don't get the OP attitude.

I'm new (of sorts) to EVE, but (very) old to a bunch of other games and gaming communities, but this seems to be a common topic: nostalgia googles. It's as if some people simply refuse to acknowledge the problems of the past and idealize it, seeing only what they see as the 'good old days' at the expanse of the present.

IMHO, this is simply resistance the change. I can't understand what's so difficult about it, about accepting that times change, things change and transform. Not always for the best, true, but staying the same isn't any better. We need to evolve, in every facet of our lives, and I think it's a good thing that games can do that.

Anyway, to leave games like EVE are a mistake in my opinion: it's the kind of game that changed the landscape of gaming forever, for better or for worse. I, for one, only regret not being a part of it sooner.


You have the right attitude. That's important in EVE.

What the op did here is very common. People suffer a loss and instead of putting the blame where it belongs (on their own incompetence/ignorance) they find something or someone else to blame. Like the game itself, or the game's mechanics, or other players.

I've seen dozens if not hundreds of such posts in the time I've been on these forums and they are ALWAYS just an emotional over reaction to a loss in a game that is ultimately about losing things. All it really means is that you have some people who chose to play EVE online who are in truth to fragile to be playing such a game but they still choose to play it, which Imo is dumb.

I once lost a 7 bil isk jump freighter in high sec because I decided to play drunk and fell asleep (but not before brilliantly deciding to engage autopilot to jita....while war decced). At no point did I have the urge to blame anyone else for my stupid act
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#25 - 2017-06-03 17:49:12 UTC
I know its hard to leave your stuff after 10 years of holding onto it.

I promise I will use it to buy PLEX and you can take it back in that form if you change your mind.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#26 - 2017-06-03 19:06:17 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

I don't like you people and you don't like me, I despise the enablers of willful weakness and helplessness you two are (and I dislike those types in game and out).
You think far too highly of yourself, snowflake.

I'm completely indifferent to you.

I respond to what you say - as I do with every other poster - not who you are. And what you post is whatever it takes to win an argument. If you need to obfuscate, shift the goal posts, ignore facts, lie, etc, it's all fair in your little bubble of "All that matters is the win".

I find that attitude and posting style distasteful. So you, along with the few like you that are left, feel my lash. It's nothing personal for me as it seems to be for you. But whatever. We are who we are.

Mr Epeen Cool
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#27 - 2017-06-03 20:43:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#28 - 2017-06-03 21:14:21 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I don't like you people and you don't like me, I despise the enablers of willful weakness and helplessness you two are (and I dislike those types in game and out).
You think far too highly of yourself, snowflake.

I'm completely indifferent to you.

I respond to what you say - as I do with every other poster - not who you are. And what you post is whatever it takes to win an argument. If you need to obfuscate, shift the goal posts, ignore facts, lie, etc, it's all fair in your little bubble of "All that matters is the win".

I find that attitude and posting style distasteful. So you, along with the few like you that are left, feel my lash. It's nothing personal for me as it seems to be for you. But whatever. We are who we are.

Mr Epeen Cool


Your lash? What a stupidly narcissistic thing to post.

Look, I'm terribly sorry that your world view doesn't include anything that looks like self reliance or maturity (I responded to the OP because getting mad at losing a pvp fight to the point of having to post on a forum about it is childish). I'm sorry you don't seem to have been raised with any standards. I simply call em like I see em, i'm not capable of lying about things I see as dumb.




Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#29 - 2017-06-03 21:17:35 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
OP, hell of way to go, mailing to somebody "eat sh!t"...

So that is how you like to cut the ties, huh?


You should see the one he sent me lol. At least he refrained from direct profanity in the one he sent me.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#30 - 2017-06-03 21:23:07 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I don't like you people and you don't like me, I despise the enablers of willful weakness and helplessness you two are (and I dislike those types in game and out).
You think far too highly of yourself, snowflake.

I'm completely indifferent to you.

I respond to what you say - as I do with every other poster - not who you are. And what you post is whatever it takes to win an argument. If you need to obfuscate, shift the goal posts, ignore facts, lie, etc, it's all fair in your little bubble of "All that matters is the win".

I find that attitude and posting style distasteful. So you, along with the few like you that are left, feel my lash. It's nothing personal for me as it seems to be for you. But whatever. We are who we are.

Mr Epeen Cool




I am starting to notice that there are only a few of them left.

But Lady Spank is back in C&P so maybe we'll see some glory days return. Maybe.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#31 - 2017-06-03 21:51:11 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

I am starting to notice that there are only a few of them left.

But Lady Spank is back in C&P so maybe we'll see some glory days return. Maybe.


The glory days indeed. Ms Spank never didn't report a post of mine replying to her in her farcical threads. It must be some kind of record how many I had deleted by ISD back then.

Spank was the definitive "I can hand it out but I can't take it" type that are so easily offended by people who post the same as them.

Mr Epeen Cool
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#32 - 2017-06-03 22:28:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Jenn aSide wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
OP, hell of way to go, mailing to somebody "eat sh!t"...

So that is how you like to cut the ties, huh?


You should see the one he sent me lol. At least he refrained from direct profanity in the one he sent me.

And imagine that it happened after I offered a helping hand...

Honest, trustworthy person doesnt have a good life here. This veteran in npc corp have some really big trust issues.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#33 - 2017-06-04 11:10:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Wow, even more shitmailing from OP. just because someone asked for stuff like its always used to be.


OP is obviously not enraged, but MAD!

Probably also not having much stuff to give away, after this dank prowler loss. 🤔
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#34 - 2017-06-04 12:14:13 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Translation: "I lost a pvp fight, screw this game!"

Leaving posts don't go here by the way.


Why are you being such a **** to a fellow community member?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#35 - 2017-06-04 12:27:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Translation: "I lost a pvp fight, screw this game!"

Leaving posts don't go here by the way.


Why are you being such a **** to a fellow community member?

But Its true, from the mails OP sends it looks like its true. And not only OP have attitude to "screw the game", but also those who play it and respond in his thread. Now ask why OP have such a creepy link in his bio.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#36 - 2017-06-04 15:10:28 UTC
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Translation: "I lost a pvp fight, screw this game!"

Leaving posts don't go here by the way.


Why are you being such a **** to a fellow community member?


Telling the truth is simply telling the truth. What are we supposed to do, give a probably grown man a hug because he lost an imaginary internet fight?


Goe Rilla
Doomheim
#37 - 2017-06-04 15:32:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Goe Rilla
Jenn aSide wrote:
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Translation: "I lost a pvp fight, screw this game!"

Leaving posts don't go here by the way.


Why are you being such a **** to a fellow community member?


Telling the truth is simply telling the truth. What are we supposed to do, give a probably grown man a hug because he lost an imaginary internet fight?




One assumed truth more like.

You sycophantic waste of breath.
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#38 - 2017-06-04 20:26:57 UTC
CMDR-HerpyDerpy Hurishima
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2017-06-06 01:32:19 UTC
Posting before the lock.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#40 - 2017-06-06 17:54:49 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If nothing else, this is a great bait thread on an otherwise slow forum day. Look how quickly you snagged Jenn, for instance.

Well done, good sir. Well done indeed.

Mr Epeen Cool




2.5 minutes. I wonder if that's a Jenn alt. I would not put it past them to troll their own alts as an opportunity to push their HTFU agenda.
It wouldn't be the first time.

I well remember the old forums where it was pretty often you'd catch someone's two alts having an argument in a given thread. It was real easy back then to slip up and post with the wrong character.

Mr Epeen Cool

Yeah, I remember seeing this a few times turning the debates about James 315's "bot aspirant miners" manifesto. Pretty obvious and embarrassing derps for the culprits. Those were good times.
Previous page123Next page