These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[June] Nullsec Asteroid Cluster and Excavator Drone changes

First post First post
Author
Le Mittani
Free Ritto
#81 - 2017-06-01 21:26:07 UTC
Nibium Akabane wrote:
Anoron Secheh wrote:
Yeah because Fozzie is the one responsible for everything, it's not that he's part of a team and just posting what the team wants. What a bunch of fuckheads whining.

Anybody else think this is a problem? http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/72084/1/3_mining.value.by.region.png


we area going to found another way to make that isk again and you?

You mean everyone in null will go back to ratting? Its not like any one group has a monopoly on money making methods lol
Anoron Secheh
Macabre Dance
#82 - 2017-06-01 21:26:17 UTC
Anybody else remember the changes to moon mining? Oh yeah, you have to go mine them with a ship. Maybe, just maybe, you could mine those with your rorqual in between Colossal and Enormous respawn times. :thinking:
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2017-06-01 21:26:40 UTC
Francisco Belaqua wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey folks.
Firstly, we are adding a respawn cooldown to all Asteroid Cluster anomalies. This cooldown scales based on the size of the anomaly:
  • 20 minutes for the Small Asteroid Cluster
  • 1 hour for the Medium Asteroid Cluster
  • 2 hours for the Large Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 4 hours for the Enormous Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 5 hours for the Colossal Asteroid Cluster variants


Is this cool down timer from the time the anomaly last respawned or from the time that it was finished? Because the phrasing of "only affecting the tiny percentage of busiest systems" makes it sound like it only affects those colossal's that are mined out in 5 hours. If the timer is from the time it's finished, that affects every system in Null.

he apparently confirmed on tweetfleet slack it's like ice: the timer starts when the belt is cleared

i do not know how fozzie managed to rationalize in his head these delays that apply in every ore anom system affect only a tiny number of systems

like, that's very obviously not true. now, if you clear a colossal belt, it's gone for 5 hours. no matter if you've mined only the last bits of that belt in the past 24 hours. no colossal for you for 5 hours. i don't know how he reasoned himself into claiming that only affects goonswarm systems.
Kiddoomer
The Red Sequence
#84 - 2017-06-01 21:27:10 UTC
I'm quite happy with the changes, less work done by rorquals, and more as it should be by the actual mining ships.

As for the anom respawns, seems good, I wonder if we could get something similar in HS ? with a few fat HS ore anom instead of dozen of belts, a timer could be fine on them, so miners have to actually move more to get more ore. More ships moving here and there => more content imo, and not juste capital ships bullsh** in NS only.

In the name of Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen : “Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”

Altair Taurus
#85 - 2017-06-01 21:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Altair Taurus
CCP: Why did you introduce such crazy Rorqual that should be renamed "Space Vacuum Cleaner" into the game a half a year ago??? Simply because you are very bored so someone in CCP got a brilliant idea: "Let's introduce overpowered Rorqals so we will have plenty of job to do how to nerf them in the next year!"

Pathetic...
Matthos Seaworth
Semper Iratus Omni Tempore
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2017-06-01 21:27:38 UTC
CCP finance team: How to get people to use skill injectors/extractors.
let's make the Rorqual nobody uses overpowered so that thousands of nerds want it and want lots of alts with them, then we will slowly nerf it to hell so they extract all those skills.

Pretty true what they're doing. Whats the point of buffing something and nerfing it 5-10 times over the course of a year, don't be incompetent and release something that isn't compatible.

At this point it hurts people who dont multibox rorqs, 1 carrier worth 2 bill fully fit makes more than 1 rorq fit for 10-14bill fully fit with mining drones. A rorq after these changes may make 100m/hour which is laughable at the price. CCP did a major buff to get people to spend money to inject into rorqs and slow nerfs over time.
Hamonley
Kriegsmarinewerft
Goonswarm Federation
#87 - 2017-06-01 21:27:55 UTC
again bad decisions.... feeling like they dont play their own game anymore..... Straight
Anoron Secheh
Macabre Dance
#88 - 2017-06-01 21:28:18 UTC
I like how goons think they're being targeting because they're goons and not just because they mine 7 trillion a month. Big smileBlink
XveNos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2017-06-01 21:28:36 UTC
I think CCP Fozzie is a spy for EA or something, trying and succeeding to destroy the game as much as possible in his limited career.

Although I don't think any game company would employ him after his exploits.
Gaius Clabbacus
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#90 - 2017-06-01 21:28:40 UTC
Might as well roll back all the Rorqual changes. People who have invested in skills can extract them and we can pretend it all never happened. Problem is not only that Rorqual mining is now restricted to certain mega alliances, but also that the mining volume in other regions has plunged and never recovered.
Le Mittani
Free Ritto
#91 - 2017-06-01 21:28:54 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
Francisco Belaqua wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey folks.
Firstly, we are adding a respawn cooldown to all Asteroid Cluster anomalies. This cooldown scales based on the size of the anomaly:
  • 20 minutes for the Small Asteroid Cluster
  • 1 hour for the Medium Asteroid Cluster
  • 2 hours for the Large Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 4 hours for the Enormous Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 5 hours for the Colossal Asteroid Cluster variants


Is this cool down timer from the time the anomaly last respawned or from the time that it was finished? Because the phrasing of "only affecting the tiny percentage of busiest systems" makes it sound like it only affects those colossal's that are mined out in 5 hours. If the timer is from the time it's finished, that affects every system in Null.

he apparently confirmed on tweetfleet slack it's like ice: the timer starts when the belt is cleared

i do not know how fozzie managed to rationalize in his head these delays that apply in every ore anom system affect only a tiny number of systems

like, that's very obviously not true. now, if you clear a colossal belt, it's gone for 5 hours. no matter if you've mined only the last bits of that belt in the past 24 hours. no colossal for you for 5 hours. i don't know how he reasoned himself into claiming that only affects goonswarm systems.

on the bright side it will end the cherry picking drama so thats good for you guys
Grymwulf
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2017-06-01 21:30:28 UTC
Le Mittani wrote:
Grymwulf wrote:
Thank you Fozzie for ensuring that we will continue to have complete dominance of the raw ore market. Now that you've prevented everyone else from pulling the sheer amount of raw ore that we've been pulling for months now - it will take them years to catch up to our industrial might.

Seriously, thank you very much for making it so that we maintain our industrial lead over every single other organization in the game.

So what you're saying is that all the goons qqing in this thread are mad for no reason?


No I'm saying that they are looking at their bottom line, and the affects on their own income. If you look at the bigger picture, it's punishing anyone who even wants to try to catch up to the industrial might of Delve.

Let us say that we can pull in 7 trillion isk worth of minerals in Delve per month.

Conservatively, let us say that this cuts our output in half. Now we've had over 6 months of output at approx 7t (say it's 42T in raw ore)

Now that the max a reasonable organization can expect to pull is 3.5T (say half current rates) - it would take at least 12 months to match what we've pulled in over the past 6. And we can expect to continue to pull the same amount of ore (or more, there are many systems to cycle through, as almost every single system in Delve has max upgrades. Can you say the same for all the other regions out there?). There is now absolutely no way to catch up to our backlog of unprocessed raw ore. And since we can just cycle systems instead of stripping just the most valuable systems...

Goons:
Clear a colossal from 5 systems, each in an hour - go in a cycle between systems (they are all upgraded here). Non-stop mining.

Everyone else:
Clear a colossal from 1 system. Wait 5 hours, mine same one. Maybe get the safety to upgrade 1 or 2 other systems. Without the safety of going system to system in a chain.....

I'm a jerk.  Get used to it.

Awarmingcoat
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2017-06-01 21:30:31 UTC
the goon NaCl, I want to read more but its giving me hypertension :D
Kist Shi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2017-06-01 21:30:39 UTC
Anoron Secheh wrote:
Yeah because Fozzie is the one responsible for everything, it's not that he's part of a team and just posting what the team wants. What a bunch of fuckheads whining.

Anybody else think this is a problem? http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/72084/1/3_mining.value.by.region.png



so because am massive amount of ccp playerbase live in delve you think its right to stifle everything ..
this is teh place that provides content for most other null sec pvpers . and delv occupants alike .

and the people in delv are all paying subs in some way or another .. so why is it a problem that thats where the most isk is generated ?

Urist Mcflyship
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#95 - 2017-06-01 21:31:26 UTC
Anoron Secheh wrote:
I like how goons think they're being targeting because they're goons and not just because they mine 7 trillion a month. Big smileBlink


Sounds like a dude from r/eve. In other words, a total oxygen thief.
Urist Mcflyship
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#96 - 2017-06-01 21:32:13 UTC
Awarmingcoat wrote:
the goon NaCl, I want to read more but its giving me hypertension :D



Man it'll be really funny when your renters realize what's going on and start screeching, huh?
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#97 - 2017-06-01 21:32:40 UTC
Le Mittani wrote:

on the bright side it will end the cherry picking drama so thats good for you guys

it's gonna make it way worse because if you're not going to be there in 5 hours why bother clearing out the garbage to respawn it :cripes:

thanks for putting in those merx asteriods despite literally everyone telling you they should be removed ccp, you wrecked merx mining as a thing AND made ore anoms more annoying and stupid!
Stvndog
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2017-06-01 21:32:57 UTC
Can we just burn all high-sec in protest, I hear that got someone's attention, burn high sec till they remove certain people from the power to change anything.
Anoron Secheh
Macabre Dance
#99 - 2017-06-01 21:34:14 UTC
Urist Mcflyship wrote:
Anoron Secheh wrote:
I like how goons think they're being targeting because they're goons and not just because they mine 7 trillion a month. Big smileBlink


Sounds like a dude from r/eve. In other words, a total oxygen thief.


>In GSF
Panther X
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#100 - 2017-06-01 21:35:13 UTC
Francisco Belaqua wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey folks.
Firstly, we are adding a respawn cooldown to all Asteroid Cluster anomalies. This cooldown scales based on the size of the anomaly:
  • 20 minutes for the Small Asteroid Cluster
  • 1 hour for the Medium Asteroid Cluster
  • 2 hours for the Large Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 4 hours for the Enormous Asteroid Cluster variants
  • 5 hours for the Colossal Asteroid Cluster variants


Is this cool down timer from the time the anomaly last respawned or from the time that it was finished? Because the phrasing of "only affecting the tiny percentage of busiest systems" makes it sound like it only affects those colossal's that are mined out in 5 hours. If the timer is from the time it's finished, that affects every system in Null.


Yeah can we get a list of the systems that this is going to hit so we can avoid them.
This is crap.

My Titan smells of rich Corinthian Leather...