These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Breaking News: Citadel/Plex Contracting.

First post
Author
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#621 - 2017-06-01 19:13:48 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

BAHAHAHA, holy crap, very happy to see things don't change much.

You haven't missed much.

If Luke Skywalker had been an EVE player and lived in high sec, Star Wars would have been about 2 minutes long.
It would be the story of a young man on Tatooine that looks up into the sky one night and says "NOPE, not going there, the Empire is to unbalanced and there is no guarantee that "the Force " (if that's even a thing) is going to let me succeed, so I'm going to stay down here where it's nice and safe and comfortable and Farm this nice safe moisture out of this nice safe desert. Screw saving the Galaxy!"

Except I don't live in hisec....

Wow, now I am impressed.

Hey everyone, Dracvlad does not live in HS! Aren't you all impressed. Roll

I'd be more impressed if this ancient forum didn't make you read stupid post by people you ignored years ago just because someone else quotes them.

TL;DR, for everyone's (mainly my own)sanity don't quote Dracvlad please.

Dracvlad's posts are more dangerous to your sanity than the Necronomicon.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#622 - 2017-06-01 20:25:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Jenn aSide wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Baaldor wrote:

BAHAHAHA, holy crap, very happy to see things don't change much.

You haven't missed much.

If Luke Skywalker had been an EVE player and lived in high sec, Star Wars would have been about 2 minutes long.
It would be the story of a young man on Tatooine that looks up into the sky one night and says "NOPE, not going there, the Empire is to unbalanced and there is no guarantee that "the Force " (if that's even a thing) is going to let me succeed, so I'm going to stay down here where it's nice and safe and comfortable and Farm this nice safe moisture out of this nice safe desert. Screw saving the Galaxy!"

Except I don't live in hisec....

Wow, now I am impressed.

Hey everyone, Dracvlad does not live in HS! Aren't you all impressed. Roll

I'd be more impressed if this ancient forum didn't make you read stupid post by people you ignored years ago just because someone else quotes them.

TL;DR, for everyone's (mainly my own)sanity don't quote Dracvlad please.
Jesus guys! Get a room. Your constant forum flirtation is creepy AF.

Jenn and Teckos up in a tree...

Mr Epeen Cool
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#623 - 2017-06-01 20:51:06 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Maybe you can buy a sense of humor.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#624 - 2017-06-01 20:58:48 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Actually I found that rather funny and pretty much spot on as always by Mr Epeen, all we need is a bit of additional brown nosing by the clueless Jonah and we would have the full set. and with that amused chuckle I am off for shut eye.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#625 - 2017-06-01 21:22:06 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Actually I found that rather funny and pretty much spot on as always by Mr Epeen, all we need is a bit of additional brown nosing by the clueless Jonah and we would have the full set. and with that amused chuckle I am off for shut eye.

I can't help but notice the pattern with these people. Take ANY topic in Eve, does not matter what it is, where someone says that some mechanic or rule could use some review, and this is the pattern that emerges:

- Church of HTFU, no matter what the topic, will say that there is no change needed
- Then will say that it's not the mechanic or rule but it's "the bads" who "can't play the game"
-- then comes some of the "downward comparison" tactics usually laced with
--- "I think it's OK everybody who does not is carebear/loser/weak/risk averse/stupid"
--- Thus: already and automatically better than everybody who agrees with the OP and using every argument in favor of it as evidence of that which is silently claimed (but cannot be disputed because it's never outright claimed).

It's funny seeing how their little brain hamsters just keep going on that wheel. We can see right through them, which is why they pretend not to notice when we fire a contrarian shot across their bow.

But they are not arguing with us, or even an OP in such a thread. They are arguing with everybody they hate, because they need to, to feel better about themselves.

Sometimes I want to ask "show me on the doll where democracy/the unwashed masses who are beneath your ubermenchness/your parents/your ex girlfriend/cause and effect/being outnumbered by dumb people hurt you". Hey I can relate. Perhaps these people are so helpless in life that their only recourse is to come here and do what they do? Their posts nothing more than desperate cries against the unstoppable forces in their lives, like the condemned cursing against the wall he's facing while the firing squad is too busy to hear over the shots.

Are they so powerless to tell people what to do that they just have to do it here?

But whatever they are at war with, or what motivates them, they are not going to defeat it in a game. And certainly not going to beat it in a game forum.

Salvos is right: everything is indeed fine.

Conclusion: don't deliver to citadels. There. Fixed. Everything is fine. And those who are hurfing and blurfing about "well you can deliver to citadels just read the contract" need to be told they can't tell people what to do, ever. Simply not delivering to citadels instead of pouring through contracts will work every time.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#626 - 2017-06-01 21:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

I can't help but notice the pattern with these people. Take ANY topic in Eve, does not matter what it is, where someone says that some mechanic or rule could use some review, and this is the pattern that emerges:

- Church of HTFU, no matter what the topic, will say that there is no change needed
- Then will say that it's not the mechanic or rule but it's "the bads" who "can't play the game"
--- "I think it's OK everybody who does not is carebear/loser/weak/risk averse/stupid"
--- Thus: already and automatically better than everybody who agrees with the OP and using every argument in favor of it as evidence of that which is silently claimed (but cannot be disputed because it's never outright claimed).

It's funny seeing how their little brain hamsters just keep going on that wheel. We can see right through them, which is why they pretend not to notice when we fire a contrarian shot across their bow.

But they are not arguing with us, or even an OP in such a thread. They are arguing with everybody they hate, because they need to, to feel better about themselves.

Sometimes I want to ask "show me on the doll where democracy/the unwashed masses who are beneath your ubermenchness/your parents/your ex girlfriend/cause and effect/being outnumbered by dumb people hurt you". Hey I can relate. Perhaps these people are so helpless in life that their only recourse is to come here and do what they do? Their posts nothing more than desperate cries against the unstoppable forces in their lives, like the condemned cursing against the wall he's facing while the firing squad is too busy to hear over the shots.

Are they so powerless to tell people what to do that they just have to do it here?

But whatever they are at war with, or what motivates them, they are not going to defeat it in a game. And certainly not going to beat it in a game forum.

Conclusion: don't deliver to citadels. There. Fixed. Everything is fine. And those who are hurfing and blurfing about "well you can deliver to citadels just read the contract" need to be told they can't tell people what to do, ever. Simply not delivering to citadels instead of pouring through contracts will work every time.

The only problem with this narrative, Mr. Creepy Stalker, is I do advocate changing things. Like revamping how intel works in NS. I am largely fine with the upcoming changes to moon mining. I even had a thread on how to change bumping mechanics to allow for more interesting game play, but the usual suspects (Dracvlad, et. al. were simply no shows).

I am just not convinced that there is a balance issue here because of risk, IMO, is based (almost) entirely off of a player's actions. That is risk cannot be balanced by CCP if a player decides to take on a risk...that is a player's choice.

BTW: Isn't it time for you to provide a dubious psychological assessment of players based on their posts and in game actions? Haven't seen you do that in awhile.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#627 - 2017-06-01 21:45:30 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

It's just not a thread until the SJW Pope Herzog XIV pops in to bless every poor helpless downtrodden 'can't figure out a video game' type in existence.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#628 - 2017-06-01 22:37:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Jenn aSide wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

It's just not a thread until the SJW Pope Herzog XIV pops in to bless every poor helpless downtrodden 'can't figure out a video game' type in existence.

"SJW Pope" LOL Were it up to me all SJWs would be rounded up and forced to get deprogrammed from their neo-Marxist cultism.

Or let Vice President Pence figure out more creative ways.

I'm an Infogalactic original galaxian, a member of the VFM, written articles for Return of Kings, and a proud citizen of Kekistan.

Feels good man.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
#629 - 2017-06-01 22:45:15 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

The only problem with this narrative, Mr. Creepy Stalker, is I do advocate changing things. Like revamping how intel works in NS. I am largely fine with the upcoming changes to moon mining. I even had a thread on how to change bumping mechanics to allow for more interesting game play, but the usual suspects (Dracvlad, et. al. were simply no shows).

I am just not convinced that there is a balance issue here because of risk, IMO, is based (almost) entirely off of a player's actions. That is risk cannot be balanced by CCP if a player decides to take on a risk...that is a player's choice.

BTW: Isn't it time for you to provide a dubious psychological assessment of players based on their posts and in game actions? Haven't seen you do that in awhile.

You are entertainment enough, my friend.

"Stalking" ... is a bit self-flattering, no? You and I are cut from the same cloth except you took one path and I another. I can tell how dark the paths you tread and it shows in your posts. That's why I keep a channel open in case you need to vent. Things don't have to be the way they are.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#630 - 2017-06-02 00:27:57 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

7 paragraphs of adhominem.

You can't possibly pretend to have not come to this thread with an axe to grind after that. Its not even an axe anymore, its been ground down to a sharp stick.

Quote:

Yes he is right, he proved beyond a shadow of doubt that redfrog does in fact deliver to citadels, and has a system for making that decision safely.

Quote:

You've already even noted the person who torpedoed this argument already (Salvos). Restating a debunked position doesn't undebunk it, it just looks like you are trying to push the argument you've lost off the final page of the thread.

Not only that, your advice is wrong, because most of the collateral scams require freighter scale cargo to travel through lowsec to a station (even if the destination is on a highsec island). Reading the contract remains mandatory.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#631 - 2017-06-02 00:46:39 UTC
Coralas wrote:

Not only that, your advice is wrong, because most of the collateral scams require freighter scale cargo to travel through lowsec to a station (even if the destination is on a highsec island). Reading the contract remains mandatory.
Your result is correct, but your facts are a fantasy. Most collateral scams require an expander tanked freighter run through a high sec bottleneck.

Mr Epeen Cool
Coralas
Gallente Federation
#632 - 2017-06-02 02:20:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Coralas
Mr Epeen wrote:
Coralas wrote:

Your result is correct, but your facts are a fantasy. Most collateral scams require an expander tanked freighter run through a high sec bottleneck.

Mr Epeen Cool

You are fantasizing yourself.

I put forward the following criteria for a search,

- min collat 750m
- min size 700,000m3
- youngest first ordering

47 contracts total right now.

You can go analyze them yourself, but I saw 17 contracts from the following issuers (rublik driver, wintorez, branislaw niktamir, arrowstar forces, kia nolen), none of which has a freighter scale / large collat failure in their history.

Then I saw 2 from golden mirror, the usual shadow cartel lowsec fail contract.
Then 1 from small pulse laser - another lowsec haul scam.

2 from who1 eva, through choke, but 1b and for a character again with hundreds of successful contracts with last fail more than a year ago.

Then 1 from olysium zealundius, lowsec contract for someone with regular fails for lowsec contracts.

Then 2 from lt brain - both lowsec fails for a character with a short history of lowsec fails.

Then 2 from chocobo bouncy castle. These appear to be the highsec contracts you are describing, large cargo high collat, through choke, no history.

Out of recent contracts that was

19 legit
6 lowsec fail contracts
2 highsec contracts that look like scam risk.

---

You can check the older contracts, but my count for those was 14 lowsec fail contracts, 1 highsec choke fail contract, 1 legit contract.

I don't think that the older contracts make much sense because highsec contracts will be taken more often, which is why I've split them away - they were never going to be helpful to your case.

ie even being as mathematically fair as i can, I just can't see a method to prove your assertion based on a snapshot right now.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#633 - 2017-06-02 02:32:21 UTC
Coralas wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Coralas wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

You are fantasizing yourself.

I put forward the following criteria for a search,

- min collat 750m
- min size 700,000m3
- youngest first ordering

47 contracts total right now.

You can go analyze them yourself, but I saw 17 contracts from the following issuers (rublik driver, wintorez, branislaw niktamir, arrowstar forces, kia nolen), none of which has a freighter scale / large collat failure in their history.

Then I saw 2 from golden mirror, the usual shadow cartel lowsec fail contract.
Then 1 from small pulse laser - another lowsec haul scam.

2 from who1 eva, through choke, but 1b and for a character again with hundreds of successful contracts with last fail more than a year ago.

Then 1 from olysium zealundius, lowsec contract for someone with regular fails for lowsec contracts.

Then 2 from lt brain - both lowsec fails for a character with a short history of lowsec fails.

Then 2 from chocobo bouncy castle. These appear to be the highsec contracts you are describing, large cargo high collat, through choke, no history.

Out of recent contracts that was

19 legit
6 lowsec fail contracts
2 highsec contracts that look like scam risk.

---

You can check the older contracts, but my count for those was 14 lowsec fail contracts, 1 highsec choke fail contract, 1 legit contract.

I don't think that the older contracts make much sense because there will be a high turnover of legit contracts wiping them all out, and a higher turn over of dangerous highsec contracts, which is why I've split them away - they were never going to be helpful to your case.

ie even being as mathematically fair as i can, I just can't see a method to prove your assertion based on a snapshot right now.
Don't be so tricksy. I know what you are up to.

If you want to know how to set up a scam contract, you'll need to PM me after you make my wallet blink. Same if what you are after is how to set up a filter for it. (Which will catch about 10% as scammers know how to hide a scam).

I can also sell you info on what to do if you accidentally accept one of those. You'll know one once you take a peek into the package.

Either way. Nothing is free. You've gotten all the good will info you'll get from me. If you want the good stuff, I'm open to negotiating a price.

Mr Epeen Cool
Khara Hirl
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#634 - 2017-06-02 02:39:18 UTC
OP Here, requesting thread Locked, due to off topic conversations ruining the premises of the thread thank you.
Coralas
Gallente Federation
#635 - 2017-06-02 02:47:32 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Don't be so tricksy. I know what you are up to.

If you want to know how to set up a scam contract, you'll need to PM me after you make my wallet blink. Same if what you are after is how to set up a filter for it. (Which will catch about 10% as scammers know how to hide a scam).

I can also sell you info on what to do if you accidentally accept one of those. You'll know one once you take a peek into the package.

Either way. Nothing is free. You've gotten all the good will info you'll get from me. If you want the good stuff, I'm open to negotiating a price.

Mr Epeen Cool

lol forum scam.

I love your style, never change.
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#636 - 2017-06-02 03:47:14 UTC
Once again just stopping by to comment on the state of the forums, here we are on page 30 of a thread about citadel lockouts. You wouldn't think there'd be 30 pages of discussion possible to have over so specific an isue but here we are, thanks to the 'Not-in-MY-EvE' crowd.

Really guys, for the constant insults of how pathetic it is to come to the forums asking for CCP changes, on the site designed for eve discussion, isn't it more pathetic to only come here to insult those people and write three paragraphs only to say 'no, because eve is X to me personally''. Or worse to tell the people asking for changes that actually CCP is incapable of making a working change without breaking 10 other things, isn't that pathetic?

This is one of the only places where I see the same few people sitting around shouting 'No' at dozens of new people, not new players but new posters. It doesn't seem to matter how many times we have a 30+ page 'I was scammed/ganked' thread, the eve defence force will be out in force to tell the OP of that particular thread how he is just stupid and a bad. In an ideal world these experienced eve players would spot the sources of misunderstandings and help to remove thme from the game, hence preventing future threads like these.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#637 - 2017-06-02 05:55:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Khara Hirl wrote:
OP Here, requesting thread Locked, due to off topic conversations ruining the premises of the thread thank you.

You raised a valid point, and said who it impacted the most, there are a number of different arguments put forth by people, Salvos wanted a delay on the lock out, I want there to be a calculator of the cargo value on courier contracts, the trolls want to keep seeing new players get screwed for the good of Eve as they see it while abusing anyone who criticises mechanics which are making the act of scamming so easy. I come at it from the angle that in certain areas the mechanics in Eve make certain actions very easy, this is a game in-balance.

Simply put as Herzog and Salvos and others have said, do not do courier contracts to Citadels or EA's, it is as simple as that, of course you can try to screen out the scammers and it is possible to so with a certain amount of effort, but you will get caught out by the better ones who develop a rep and then use it at a suitable moment. You can also do research on which player owned structures will be fine to move stuff too. The question is how much effort do you want to put into this? Or perhaps you need to do something else, let the courier market collapse and then come back when CCP realise they need to adjust, it is not so much that CCP listen to people complaining like the trolls suggest, but more to do with them noticing after normally massive delay that something is going wrong in some area and people are no longer doing it, that is the only way this will get changed.

My focus on the value of the contents is something I have wanted for a long time and that was before citadels, and here is a rule of thumb for you, a collateral of 25% above the real value is fine, above that one has to ask questions, at the moment that really important decision making part of the risk equation is not there, so anyone caught by this type of stuff is not dumb, they have been screwed by poor mechanics, end of story, by being clever you can reduce the risk but the game is balanced towards a massive advantage to the scammers.

Did you note that I pointed out that the size of the courier contract is also an important issue and the inability to break it up into smaller chunks to move in more suitable ships for the threat. All my courier work was through item exchanges, and I used the ship suited to what I was carrying, I would use a cloaky T3 for very small expensive items, I moved ships without their bling that way, it helps having a toon that can fly every sub cap.

The trolls have derailed yet another thread, but at least it gave me a chance to point out the in-balance in the mechanics.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#638 - 2017-06-02 05:59:58 UTC
Thread closed via polite request by OP.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department