These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Sack of Romi

First post
Author
rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#101 - 2017-05-18 16:21:57 UTC
honestly how hard would it have been for vendetta to just tell pirat to "stop attacking devils, they are also blue to us"? they would have stopped. but they didn't. if the situation had been reversed devils leadership would have done this simple act for you... and your leadership knows it. that was the point of being blue.
White Blood Cell1
Doomheim
#102 - 2017-05-18 16:40:19 UTC
From my corp experience being blue is just frustrating. I say if you see an attractive target just shoot it.

Just wanted to put my new corp on the table and give a big hello to C&P.

I don't know if we will be king-makers for either side, but I'm sure we will fit in.

o7
Ro Fenrios
Armilies Corporation
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#103 - 2017-05-18 16:49:32 UTC
I overheated my popcorn machine like a scrub and now it burnt out. Sad
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#104 - 2017-05-18 16:52:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
rex largo wrote:
honestly how hard would it have been for vendetta to just tell pirat to "stop attacking XXX, they are also blue to us"? they would have stopped. but they didn't. if the situation had been reversed devils leadership would have done this simple act for you... and your leadership knows it. that was the point of being blue.
That could have been my text in Marmites post. Blink

I see Julius war decced Devils too. He'll do anything to suck up to VMG. Ugh

The thing I find most annoying about the situation with Marmites and Devils, is that VMG leadership knows how wrong they are and still try to spin it as if the others are the cause of it. If they just admit they backstabbed their blues, cause Eve is a sandbox, I could still have respect for them.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#105 - 2017-05-18 17:10:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
rex largo wrote:
honestly how hard would it have been for vendetta to just tell pirat to "stop attacking devils, they are also blue to us"? they would have stopped. but they didn't. if the situation had been reversed devils leadership would have done this simple act for you... and your leadership knows it. that was the point of being blue.

Sometimes it's not that easy. My guess is PIRAT would just say "niet" and do what they want anyways. I don't know how many times in the past I've asked a blue to drop something and they wouldn't. Best thing to do at that point is either drop them as blue or just stay out of it. All of this reminds me of high school drama where one friend has an issue with another and wants you to drop them as a friend over it. Sure, you can screw one friend for another..or you can stay out of it. Either way you play it, one or both sides aren't gonna be happy and there's gonna be drama over it. There's no real good answer to how to deal with it. The best solution imo..stay out of it..the one who remains your friend was probably the better friend to begin with because they'd understand your want to not get involved.

I guess the real question here is why did Devil's put up a big target structure to begin with? IIRC it was policy to NOT place structures in the alliance name that could become a target and point of conflict. Does it surprise you that eventually it caught the eye of someone? Why does it bother you more that PIRAT attacked it than anyone else? I've never been a big fan of PIRAT, but it doesn't surprise me that they would jump on the opportunity tbh.

Just to clarify the comment someone made about Tora being dragged into this. He was dragged into it because the comparison was made between the Devil's/PIRAT issue and the VMG/Marmite issue. This is not all about Tora, it's not all his fault and it was unfair to throw his name into something that is not his issue. There's too much deflection going on here that serves only to compound the situation. I've flown with Tora..I've flown against Tora..there's nothing personal and I'm sure he'd agree that at the end of the day, it's just a game and we'd still sit down to have a pint and laugh about it. The same should go for all of you. It's gotten way too personal and has turned into school yard bickering.

If you want to avoid issues..don't put yourself in the position for it to happen in the first place..rather than expect others to "choose friends" after the fact and then get angry over their decision.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Fybs
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2017-05-18 17:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Fybs
rex largo wrote:

This

And only this.

Its how i would of handled it.

Its how im sure tora would have.

Hell i bet even PoH and Break-a-wish back in the day if the situation was the same.

Raz asked for help when he needed it most and its probably the first time he has ever asked. but when he only had 3 active players what do you expect him to do? let the fort die?

A Call for help went out....

Old and new Devils responded to that call.

PIRAT got a black eye. PE ran

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#107 - 2017-05-18 17:32:22 UTC  |  Edited by: rex largo
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
rex largo wrote:

Sometimes it's not that easy. My guess is PIRAT would just say "niet" and do what they want anyways. I don't know how many times in the past I've asked a blue to drop something and they wouldn't. Best thing to do at that point is either drop them as blue or just stay out of it. All of this reminds me of high school drama where one friend has an issue with another and wants you to drop them as a friend over it. Sure, you can screw one friend for another..or you can stay out of it. Either way you play it, one or both sides aren't gonna be happy and there's gonna be drama over it. There's no real good answer to how to deal with it. The best solution imo..stay out of it..the one who remains your friend was probably the better friend to begin with because they'd understand your want to not get involved.

I guess the real question here is why did Devil's put up a big target structure to begin with? IIRC it was policy to NOT place structures in the alliance name that could become a target and point of conflict. Does it surprise you that eventually it caught the eye of someone? Why does it bother you more that PIRAT attacked it than anyone else? I've never been a big fan of PIRAT, but it doesn't surprise me that they would jump on the opportunity tbh.

Just to clarify the comment someone made about Tora being dragged into this. He was dragged into it because the comparison was made between the Devil's/PIRAT issue and the VMG/Marmite issue. This is not all about Tora, it's not all his fault and it was unfair to throw his name into something that is not his issue. There's too much deflection going on here that serves only to compound the situation. I've flown with Tora..I've flown against Tora..there's nothing personal and I'm sure he'd agree that at the end of the day, it's just a game and we'd still sit down to have a pint and laugh about it. The same should go for all of you. It's gotten way too personal and has turned into school yard bickering.

If you want to avoid issues..don't put yourself in the position for it to happen in the first place..rather than expect others to "choose friends" after the fact and then get angry over their decision.

if pirat doesn't work with vendetta then why are they blue? don't be naïve vendetta didn't tell them to stop because they didn't want them to stop. or they didn't care if devils was destroyed.

I bet you also think that vendetta wardeced us simply because ralph called them out on not supporting us?
Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#108 - 2017-05-18 17:40:51 UTC
rex largo wrote:
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
rex largo wrote:

if pirat doesn't work with vendetta then why are they blue? don't be naïve vendetta didn't tell them to stop because they didn't want them to stop. or they didn't care if devils was destroyed.

You are over thinking this Rex. I've been in VMG for about a week. I have no idea what they were doing or their reasoning or motives are behind a lot of what they do. You'd have to ask the powers that be to get that answer.

I left Gates because you attacked me over an issue that I had no idea about, involvement in, or control over. I can understand you're angry but I can't do anything about it so attacking me over it was pointless. This whole thing could have been avoided with some fore-thought against placing a structure in alliance. So, in essence, you brought this on yourselves then got angry when things didn't go as you hoped. I flew with you guys, I love you all..but for god's sake..do you truly not see this?

You can't blame anyone else for something you did nothing to avoid.

I think you misunderstand VMG's position at the time you asked for help..now, I can't say what that position is. It's not a conspiracy, I can assure you.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#109 - 2017-05-18 17:49:54 UTC

You are over thinking this Rex. I've been in VMG for about a week. I have no idea what they were doing or their reasoning or motives are behind a lot of what they do. You'd have to ask the powers that be to get that answer.

I left Gates because you attacked me over an issue that I had no idea about, involvement in, or control over. I can understand you're angry but I can't do anything about it so attacking me over it was pointless. This whole thing could have been avoided with some fore-thought against placing a structure in alliance. So, in essence, you brought this on yourselves then got angry when things didn't go as you hoped. I flew with you guys, I love you all..but for god's sake..do you truly not see this?

I think you misunderstand VMG's position at the time you asked for help..now, I can't say what that position is. It's not a conspiracy, I can assure you.

[/quote]

if you have no idea what they are doing or why.... you shouldn't be defending them, and as far as things not going as we had hoped.... last I checked the fort is still there
Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#110 - 2017-05-18 17:54:12 UTC
rex largo wrote:

if you have no idea what they are doing or why.... you shouldn't be defending them, and as far as things not going as we had hoped.... last I checked the fort is still there
[/quote]

I am not defending them..I am stating fact from where I see it. I am defending myself. No one cared about your fort except maybe PIRAT. Step back from your personal involvement in all this..then you will understand where I'm coming from.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#111 - 2017-05-18 18:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
Ignore this line of text.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#112 - 2017-05-18 18:04:38 UTC
rex largo wrote:

I bet you also think that vendetta wardeced us simply because ralph called them out on not supporting us?

I'm not sure but calling them hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankers may have had something to do with it too.
rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#113 - 2017-05-18 18:07:28 UTC
Dont worry kaely i still havent taken my poster of you off the wall of my quarters...Roll
rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#114 - 2017-05-18 18:08:17 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
rex largo wrote:

I'm not sure but calling them hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankers may have had something to do with it too.

You think thats what did it? Lol
Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#115 - 2017-05-18 18:17:30 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Ignore this line of text.

Consider it ignored Blink

Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#116 - 2017-05-18 18:18:56 UTC
rex largo wrote:
Dont worry kaely i still havent taken my poster of you off the wall of my quarters...Roll

LOL..I'm not sure if I find that a compliment or creepy Blink

Rias Bane
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#117 - 2017-05-18 18:41:37 UTC
Can you not be objective? You, and your fellow members are holding VMG to account for the fact that someone else decced you? And made a move on your structure.

Answer me this, when contact was made with VMG; were we asked to provide diplomatic support or military support? Because these are not the same things, neither are the implications of each action.

I will caution you that I already know the answer to this.

No benefit will come from this thread, it will merely feed the denizens and bottom feeders of C&P who will feed off of your pain and passive aggression like the parasitic succubi they are, you may feel wronged...but the slight was not ours.

I am sorry for the position you are in and I understand the base reasons for your unhappiness, but we did not orchestrate or facilitate the actions of PIRAT, we remained impartial until the crap flinging started.

In closing we did what we said we would do by remaining impartial and in doing so you have reacted by insulting us and making ludicrous statements...I believe we have every reason to feel aggrieved.

P.S. If you are part of your alliance leadership my apologies for indicating you may not be, I'm a little rusty on who's who in here.

RB

rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#118 - 2017-05-18 18:46:55 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
Rias Bane wrote:
Can you not be objective? You, and your fellow members are holding VMG to account for the fact that someone else decced you? And made a move on your structure.

Answer me this, when contact was made with VMG; were we asked to provide diplomatic support or military support? Because these are not the same things, neither are the implications of each action.

I will caution you that I already know the answer to this.

No benefit will come from this thread, it will merely feed the denizens and bottom feeders of C&P who will feed off of your pain and passive aggression like the parasitic succubi they are, you may feel wronged...but the slight was not ours.

I am sorry for the position you are in and I understand the base reasons for your unhappiness, but we did not orchestrate or facilitate the actions of PIRAT, we remained impartial until the crap flinging started.

In closing we did what we said we would do by remaining impartial and in doing so you have reacted by insulting us and making ludicrous statements...I believe we have every reason to feel aggrieved.

P.S. If you are part of your alliance leadership my apologies for indicating you may not be, I'm a little rusty on who's who in here.

RB

*snip* Chat Logs Removed. *snip* ISD Max Trix

looks to me like we just asked for help.... and it wasn't "someone" it was a blue of your alliance who was blue to us.. not some random group. at the end of the day when you cut through all of the crap these are the facts as I see them.

1. our only blue let one of their blues attack us
2 when we where in real trouble we asked (and we never ask) our perceived ally for help (diplo or military it shouldn't really matter) and we where denied
3. when Raz asked if Khromius was going to stay out of this he didn't say "sorry we cant help you" he said "PIRAT DOSENT NEED US"
Rias Bane
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#119 - 2017-05-18 18:53:52 UTC
Is that a request for diplomatic support or Military support? Answer the question less of the rhetoric.
rex largo
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#120 - 2017-05-18 18:56:22 UTC
it wasn't either it was a request for ANY help