These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

@ every one that's not a Goon or a GOON Clone or a GOON wanna be.

First post First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#81 - 2011-12-30 17:55:47 UTC
Same Uninformed Dude wrote:
The only thing I miss about bob is when they had power there seemed to be a lot more big wars. Once they left so did the epic null sec fighting. Or so it seems to me - but then I'm not well informed.


Xolve wrote:


Ask White Noise about Branch/Vale, why Raiden. is full of bitches and definitely ask if IRC has figured out which side of the Stealth Bomber the bombs come out of yet.



I agree and give them much credit for this. My point was just that after bob left the numbers of large wars with large scale battles did go down substantially. Do you not agree?

Like I said I said there is allot I like about the goons. They are what they are. Same with bob. I don't see any reason to glorify or villify either alliance. I think when you start to think in real life that a whole alliance is either good or evil it is a sign that internet spaceships is becoming a bit too serious business for you. I think Mittens constantly bringing up his beef with BOB (which has been disbanded over a year ago) and Sir Molle (does he even play anymore?) is a sign that his concerns about this game may be a bit unhealthy. But whatever I suppose if I retired I would spend more time on internet spaceships too.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#82 - 2011-12-30 18:00:54 UTC
Because it's EVE?

This is now a Wi dot thread.
That is all.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2011-12-30 19:03:19 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
I dislike them because they're elitist pricks. They keep interrupting my industrial operations, and they're trying to squeeze all the small alliances out of nullsec.
Then there's the scamming.

Oh, and then there's the requirement to be a member of a certain paid forum to be a member of their alliance.


Goonswarm has run many small alliances out of nullsec, for example,

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2011-12-30 19:16:42 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
I dislike them because they're elitist pricks. They keep interrupting my industrial operations, and they're trying to squeeze all the small alliances out of nullsec.
Then there's the scamming.

Oh, and then there's the requirement to be a member of a certain paid forum to be a member of their alliance.


its just ::tenbux::
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2011-12-30 19:40:41 UTC
They're hilarious and I hate them because I love them so much. Despite the fact they tricked me and opened a cyno on top of VFK-IV and blew up my carrier with a nyx. :S

Dodixie > Hek

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2011-12-30 20:32:29 UTC
Cearain wrote:
My point was just that after bob left the numbers of large wars with large scale battles did go down substantially. Do you not agree?

Yes I agree, but that has more to do with the Dominion sov system than BOB getting kicked in the googlies. After a few months of hilarious battles in 49-, it became quite obvious, to even the densest individual, that the only way to loose sovereignty was for the defender to "not want sov anyway" or not pay the sov billLol

Cearain wrote:
Like I said I said there is allot I like about the goons. They are what they are. Same with bob. I don't see any reason to glorify or villify either alliance. I think when you start to think in real life that a whole alliance is either good or evil it is a sign that internet spaceships is becoming a bit too serious business for you.
See, this is a healthy attitude.

Cearain wrote:
I think Mittens constantly bringing up his beef with BOB (which has been disbanded over a year ago) and Sir Molle (does he even play anymore?) is a sign that his concerns about this game may be a bit unhealthy. But whatever I suppose if I retired I would spend more time on internet spaceships too.
Yea, tell those Holocaust survivors to "get over it," after all it happened over 70 years ago. Really it is to give someone outside a nice handle of the history that transpired, and also to say "Never again."

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Ghoest
#87 - 2011-12-30 20:35:57 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Yea, tell those Holocaust survivors to "get over it," after all it happened over 70 years ago. Really it is to give someone outside a nice handle of the history that transpired, and also to say "Never again."



3/10

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Professor Alphane
Zombie Surplus
Mildy Unprofessional
#88 - 2011-12-30 20:36:06 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Cearain wrote:
My point was just that after bob left the numbers of large wars with large scale battles did go down substantially. Do you not agree?

Yes I agree, but that has more to do with the Dominion sov system than BOB getting kicked in the googlies. After a few months of hilarious battles in 49-, it became quite obvious, to even the densest individual, that the only way to loose sovereignty was for the defender to "not want sov anyway" or not pay the sov billLol

Cearain wrote:
Like I said I said there is allot I like about the goons. They are what they are. Same with bob. I don't see any reason to glorify or villify either alliance. I think when you start to think in real life that a whole alliance is either good or evil it is a sign that internet spaceships is becoming a bit too serious business for you.
See, this is a healthy attitude.

Cearain wrote:
I think Mittens constantly bringing up his beef with BOB (which has been disbanded over a year ago) and Sir Molle (does he even play anymore?) is a sign that his concerns about this game may be a bit unhealthy. But whatever I suppose if I retired I would spend more time on internet spaceships too.
Yea, tell those Holocaust survivors to "get over it," after all it happened over 70 years ago. Really it is to give someone outside a nice handle of the history that transpired, and also to say "Never again."



*NEWS FLASH*

Goon making almost intelligent post falls at the last hurdle.

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#89 - 2011-12-30 21:03:18 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:



*NEWS FLASH*

Goon making almost intelligent post falls at the last hurdle.


Hey, I'm a Goon, I have to screw it up somehow, otherwise y'all might get the impression we were competent or something.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2011-12-30 21:07:50 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:



*NEWS FLASH*

Goon making almost intelligent post falls at the last hurdle.


Hey, I'm a Goon, I have to screw it up somehow, otherwise y'all might get the impression we were competent or something.


Hey brosef, I sent your guys 300mil, where's my corp invite?

Dodixie > Hek

Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#91 - 2011-12-30 21:16:45 UTC
...I don't hate the goons.

Hate is a strong word.

/not a goon, don't have goon alt, not goon wannabe

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#92 - 2011-12-30 22:11:13 UTC
White Tree wrote:
stupid dumb goons and their stupid dumb friends helped me form a stupid dumb alliance and helped me get elected to stupid dumb csm6

Well...nobody's perfect.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#93 - 2011-12-30 22:55:48 UTC
Andski wrote:
Goonswarm has run many small alliances out of nullsec, for example,


We recently ran IT Alliance out of 0.0:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/IT_Alliance

A 7 man alliance!

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#94 - 2011-12-30 23:03:17 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Andski wrote:
Goonswarm has run many small alliances out of nullsec, for example,


We recently ran IT Alliance out of 0.0:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/IT_Alliance

A 7 man alliance!


That campaign was chock full of ~gudfites~ too.

I even payed some random titan pilot to DD DHD. Good times, good times.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#95 - 2011-12-30 23:48:00 UTC
White Tree wrote:
stupid dumb csm6


QFT.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Mirima Thurander
#96 - 2011-12-31 05:20:20 UTC
i see this thread going places

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Lyrrashae
Albertica Bludgers' Union
#97 - 2011-12-31 05:51:26 UTC
Andski wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:


[...]

D) Find their stilted, predictable shitstorm of alt shitposting on every EVE-related forum in existence laughable

[...]



a) lol
b) lol
c) lol
d) lol


Thank you for proving my point. Next!

Ni.

Lyrrashae
Albertica Bludgers' Union
#98 - 2011-12-31 05:53:41 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:



*NEWS FLASH*

Goon making almost intelligent post falls at the last hurdle.


Hey, I'm a Goon, I have to screw it up somehow, otherwise y'all might get the impression we were competent or something.


Hey brosef, I sent your guys 300mil, where's my corp invite?


We're sorry, but there was a dBase error with your intake--just send me that 300mn, along with a fully kitted-out Chimaera, and I promise I'll hook you up.

Ni.

Forum Fighter
Doomheim
#99 - 2011-12-31 07:22:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Fighter
People hate Goons because Goons started off all noble fighting against the corrupt establishment with ties to CCP and being pushed around by the big alliances and bloated douchebags like BoB. Now Goons are bloated douchebags who push around small alliances and a corrupt establishment with ties to CCP.

Just like BoB. It's a hypocrisy thing. They call it "metagaming" in nerd warrior land.

Bearer of the 1600mm Tinfoil Hat

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#100 - 2011-12-31 17:24:09 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
Andski wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:


[...]

D) Find their stilted, predictable shitstorm of alt shitposting on every EVE-related forum in existence laughable

[...]



a) lol
b) lol
c) lol
d) lol


Thank you for proving my point. Next!


you'll find that this isn't a forum alt!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar