These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

@ every one that's not a Goon or a GOON Clone or a GOON wanna be.

First post First post
Author
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#61 - 2011-12-30 12:47:09 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I think the problem many people here have with the goons is that the clearly most influential alliance in eve is a coterie that does not publicly recruit but requires you to be a paying member of an other website.

Thats only one of the corps that makes up goonswarm, its the biggest but its not the only one.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Ghoest
#62 - 2011-12-30 13:09:34 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
goonswarm in 2006 was so serious business you wouldn't recognize it, we're much more relaxed now, but ~i don't like goons they used to be chill hurrrrr~ is a popular meme. but caracals on the open market, relisting, blanket of fear, alt detector: all things that random-ass pubbies have no idea about

just like ~goons are the new bob~ since i often find myself having sabre bpos spawned for me and going on moral crusades in the name of 'protecting the eve community' from newbies daring to play in 0.0. i also like to call my allies 'pets', treat them like dirt, and refer to myself as 'god' in local

tldr: the doom guy and the hurrr newbob guys are dumb

Ummmm...... "goons are the new bob" isnt a meme.
Its just an obvious observation to everyone who isnt in goons.

Im sure you guys still have a bunch of cool anti-establishment principles and stuff, but with respect to the player base outside off goons you serve the same function now.
The average player is far more effected by the price of moon goo than he is by a recruitment scam or the chance of getting ganked in Fountain.

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2011-12-30 13:51:17 UTC
Ghoest wrote:

Unless you have some concrete examples of how we have become the new BoB it is just a meme. We get that pubbies like to call us the new BoB because they think we'll hurfblurf about it. The problem with that is that after we killed the original BoB there *was* a new BoB. Oh, we killled that one too.

Then there was *another* new BoB...and then we killed them again!

Now unless you are calling us "new BoB" to trick us into killing ourselves (because we always kill BoB you see) the phrase is completely meaningless.

If you really, really want to insult us then tell us that 4chan is funnier than SomethingAwful. That works every time.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Professor Alphane
Zombie Surplus
Mildy Unprofessional
#64 - 2011-12-30 14:10:41 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
goonswarm in 2006 was so serious business you wouldn't recognize it, we're much more relaxed now, but ~i don't like goons they used to be chill hurrrrr~ is a popular meme. but caracals on the open market, relisting, blanket of fear, alt detector: all things that random-ass pubbies have no idea about

just like ~goons are the new bob~ since i often find myself having sabre bpos spawned for me and going on moral crusades in the name of 'protecting the eve community' from newbies daring to play in 0.0. i also like to call my allies 'pets', treat them like dirt, and refer to myself as 'god' in local

Lolz a meme is like a cliche it's that way because it represents the truth and in the same way as cliche's some (often those it applies to) seem to rave against it.

You then go on to try and prove it isn't true by re-enforcing all the concepts people have of you, using 'operation names' no-one outside your little circle of friends would understand then insulting those who don't understand them.

I assume your last paragraph is supposed to be ironic, listing others faults as if you have non yourselves, typical 'hollier than thou' stuff.

You conclude with a further insult to anyone who doesn't agree with you, basically reenforcing the idea's you seem to be trying to argue against.

Great post god... er I mean 'el presidente' What?

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Stahlregen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2011-12-30 14:10:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Stahlregen
Ladie Harlot wrote:
4chan is funnier than SomethingAwful.

WHATEVER IDIOT! Don't you know that 4chan is essentially just an unfunny spinoff of SA and a haven for all the furfags that got banned?

Professor Alphane wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

Lolz a meme is like a cliche it's that way because it represents the truth and in the same way as cliche's some (often those it applies to) seem to rave against it.

You then go on to try and prove it isn't true by re-enforcing all the concepts people have of you, using 'operation names' no-one outside your little circle of friends would understand then insulting those who don't understand them.

I assume your last paragraph is supposed to be ironic, listing others faults as if you have non yourselves, typical 'hollier than thou' stuff.

You conclude with a further insult to anyone who doesn't agree with you, basically reenforcing the idea's you seem to be trying to argue against.

Great post god... er I mean 'el presidente' What?

Put down the keyboard before you hurt yourself, dog.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN' WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY'S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN.

Professor Alphane
Zombie Surplus
Mildy Unprofessional
#66 - 2011-12-30 14:14:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Professor Alphane
Stahlregen wrote:

Put down the keyboard before you hurt yourself, dog.

I ain't holding a keyboard, DOG Roll and telling things as I see them doesn't hurt one bit lol

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Disdaine
#67 - 2011-12-30 14:15:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Disdaine
Ladie Harlot wrote:

we run the game

And then they get this guy in to lead the CSM :

Mittani : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mittani+kill+yourself

The Mittani wrote:
your respect is meaningless, and i only represent my constituents

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1549785&page=6

Quote:

The purpose of the CSM is to represent society interests to CCP. This requires active engagement with the player community to master EVE issue awareness, understanding, and evaluation in the context of the “greatest good for the greater player base”

Quote:

Engage the populace on all issue debates and discussions

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/What_is_the_CSM
Ghoest
#68 - 2011-12-30 14:18:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghoest
Ladie Harlot wrote:
...double talk and whining....

That doesnt even make sense.

This isnt some analytical deal based on metrics.
Im talking about your general effect on the average players consciousness.

At one time "goons=goonswarm" to everyone outside goons. You were the guys who showed up anywhere and broke down the local social order.

Now youre a big alliance with assets you protect. You run operations to manipulate markets then you claim(dubious claims IMO but I dont know) that they were hugely profitable operations.
You seem like a large well run alliance flexing it might.

This isnt a rip on you guys. You seem to run a tight ship relative to everyone else(I cant really tell how organized the Russians are.)
But you are what you are.

Ibram Kaivosurmain
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2011-12-30 14:19:34 UTC
Posting with alt because I heard it's in vogue now. P

Relations with goons are like with that guy on the corner with a skimask and a shotgun, leering at the bank across the street; you know something will happen soon and being near when it does might get fugly.

Cygg
Haydrian
#70 - 2011-12-30 15:24:12 UTC
The Mittani wrote:

Please spare me. You know what you are, if you don't see it you are either blind or stupid. You do the same things BoB did, minus the T20 incident. The only reason a T20 hasn't happened for you is, either CCP is really good at policing their own now or are good at hiding it. IF it wasn't for that, you'd have done it in a heartbeat.

You head up the CSM council. You don't have to say you're God in local. You're the head of the CSM's by your own hand.

The Mittani wrote:

your respect is meaningless, and i only represent my constituents

That says a lot about what you think about your godlike status.

Let us not start about the current market manipulation you're engaged in right now with ice supplies.

You want people to not call you the "New BoB"? Then stop acting like the old BoB...
Disdaine
#71 - 2011-12-30 16:00:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Disdaine
http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/8012/The+Mittani%3A+Solar+Spymaster/

Quote:
Pubbies?

Pubbies. Members of the public. People who aren't from SA.

Goonswarm doesn't recruit from EVE players, we only recruit from Somethingawful, for example. We have some membercorps who recruit pubbies, but not the actual proper Goonfleet/Goonwaffe corps.

Quote:
What was it with EVE that made the Goons decide to stay? What was it with EVE that made you stick with it, even after all the controversies?

It's a sandbox game that allows limitless griefing....

http://www.gamereactor.eu/media/15/eveonlinefanfest_241531.jpg

Know thy enemy.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#72 - 2011-12-30 16:04:32 UTC
The Mittani wrote:

Have you read what you write or listened to what you say?

Do you imagine that you come off as a humble, reluctant leader? From what little I have heard you are essentially decaring yourself an eve god. Telling all your pets (or whatever you call them) they either need to be in your personal favor (or words to that effect) or they are out. Telling your alliance that they need to do boring time consuming things so that you will out-bore the other side into not wanting to log in anymore. The whole communism thing is a bit overbearing don't you think?

But I do agree at least some of bob were beyond ridiculous in how serious they took this game. One of them ran for csm and I couldn't even tell if he was serious with the idiocy he was spouting. But really I think that view sort of died with them. Nobody is really like that anymore.

Now goons seem the most "serious business" alliance in eve.

I have nothing against it. Thats cool with me. IMO goons have done allot of the cooler things in eve and on the whole have made the game much better. The stranglehold on ice most recently was a great tactic. If you are going to have a large group do creative things like that with it.

The only thing I miss about bob is when they had power there seemed to be a lot more big wars. Once they left so did the epic null sec fighting. Or so it seems to me - but then I'm not well informed.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

flakeys
Doomheim
#73 - 2011-12-30 16:33:26 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Why you hate Goons so much.

Why you hate someone for playing a video game likes its a video game and not SERIOUSE BESSNES.

Someone's gotta be hated and come on face it , they make it SO easy to be the number one on the list.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Mai Khumm
#74 - 2011-12-30 16:43:25 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
Ugh, f*** you iPhone auto mispellr.

YES! Someone who feels my pain with the iPhone and these forums...
Skorpynekomimi
#75 - 2011-12-30 16:56:48 UTC
I dislike them because they're elitist pricks. They keep interrupting my industrial operations, and they're trying to squeeze all the small alliances out of nullsec.
Then there's the scamming.

Oh, and then there's the requirement to be a member of a certain paid forum to be a member of their alliance.

Economic PVP

Ghoest
#76 - 2011-12-30 17:05:00 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
I dislike them because they're elitist pricks. They keep interrupting my industrial operations, and they're trying to squeeze all the small alliances out of nullsec.
Then there's the scamming.

Oh, and then there's the requirement to be a member of a certain paid forum to be a member of their alliance.

I think someone needs a hug.

Dors Venabily
United Starbase Systems
#77 - 2011-12-30 17:08:02 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Ghoest wrote:

Unless you have some concrete examples of how we have become the new BoB it is just a meme. We get that pubbies like to call us the new BoB because they think we'll hurfblurf about it. The problem with that is that after we killed the original BoB there *was* a new BoB. Oh, we killled that one too.

Then there was *another* new BoB...and then we killed them again!

Now unless you are calling us "new BoB" to trick us into killing ourselves (because we always kill BoB you see) the phrase is completely meaningless.

If you really, really want to insult us then tell us that 4chan is funnier than SomethingAwful. That works every time.

It was not you that killed them Not that I liked BoB but:

1 it was not goons alone it was the whole dam rest of Eve with you included
2 Well you did not exactly killed it you disbanded it from inside to gain a tactical advantage and then in the aftermath you + the rest of the game at the time killed it.

And as far as I remember it was actually never you alone in any of the campaigns.
For some reason you claim all the credit but that is not what happened.

To the OP I do not hate Goons and actually get a nice laugh every time someone gets scammed by them.
Colonel Astor
Doomheim
#78 - 2011-12-30 17:13:47 UTC

I think hulkageddon is more responsible than old school goon stuff. But do people hate goons particularly? Can't hate on a song like Little Bees...
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2011-12-30 17:21:24 UTC
Cearain wrote:

Do you imagine that you come off as a humble, reluctant leader? From what little I have heard you are essentially decaring yourself an eve god. Telling all your pets (or whatever you call them) they either need to be in your personal favor (or words to that effect) or they are out. Telling your alliance that they need to do boring time consuming things so that you will out-bore the other side into not wanting to log in anymore. The whole communism thing is a bit overbearing don't you think?

Actually he was using extreme amounts of sarcasm and quoting the late Sir Molle.

Same Dude wrote:

Only serious about bad posting and flying Rifters it would seem.

Same Uninformed Dude wrote:
The only thing I miss about bob is when they had power there seemed to be a lot more big wars. Once they left so did the epic null sec fighting. Or so it seems to me - but then I'm not well informed.

Ask White Noise about Branch/Vale, why Raiden. is full of bitches and definitely ask if IRC has figured out which side of the Stealth Bomber the bombs come out of yet.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#80 - 2011-12-30 17:55:10 UTC
Xolve wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Actually he was using extreme amounts of sarcasm and quoting the late Sir Molle.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Was he being sarcastic when he then immediately went on to say which pets were booted? (they didn't participate in enough ctas or something- which is the hallmark of serious internet spaceships is it not?) Was he being sarcastic in his sins of a solar spy master where he explained that the overall tactic in eve was to make the game so boring for the enemy that they don't want to sign in? So he was being sarcastic about the communist system?

I don’t really care enough to know for sure.

Same Dude wrote:

Xolve wrote:

Only serious about bad posting and flying Rifters it would seem.

Really is that all they fly now? I didn't know. But I don't look at their killboard either.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815