These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[May] CONCORD Aerospace Promotional Ships

First post
Author
Vigilant
Vigilant's Vigilante's
#121 - 2017-04-08 23:44:04 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
The DEV's stated at EVE Vegas 2016 that all these ships would be available to "all" pilots even if you did not attend.
So CCP, how are you going to make this so ???

(And the market is not the answer)

Nope
They are to be promotional ships... availability of them won't be like normal ships

One, you can't read

Two, you can't read

Three, it was announced at EVE Vegas 2016 that they will be available by other means. They know everyone can not make it to these events.

One, link to the moment when they say it.
Two, Fanfest 2017 has more actual info about changes coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARkDDbSRFs&list=PLQvKSs1k6DLPjz1qmmfNMrMPf91STJDa-&index=21

16:17 give or take a few seconds :P
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#122 - 2017-04-09 00:48:21 UTC
1. Lack of drones is dissapointing but not surprising. Kills many potential uses without being able to run even a flight of lights. If you're like me and you love drones as a primary weapon system, bad luck. These ships are not for you.

2. Security status bonuses scale, but stop at 5.0 sec status. So no love for those of us who have deliberately put effort into reaching numbers above these amounts. Where's the logic there? Just like missioners reaching 10.00 faction standing getting nothing, except instead of a lack of reward, now you are actively disregarding the playstyle of a subset of people which you are designing this ship bonus specifically for. "Get more bonuses for sec status, except if you get really high amounts. We don't care about you." Weird as hell.

3. At least they look pretty.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#123 - 2017-04-09 07:23:01 UTC
Vigilant wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
The DEV's stated at EVE Vegas 2016 that all these ships would be available to "all" pilots even if you did not attend.
So CCP, how are you going to make this so ???

(And the market is not the answer)

Nope
They are to be promotional ships... availability of them won't be like normal ships

One, you can't read

Two, you can't read

Three, it was announced at EVE Vegas 2016 that they will be available by other means. They know everyone can not make it to these events.

One, link to the moment when they say it.
Two, Fanfest 2017 has more actual info about changes coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARkDDbSRFs&list=PLQvKSs1k6DLPjz1qmmfNMrMPf91STJDa-&index=21

16:17 give or take a few seconds :P

Yes this outdated info from last Vegas meetup says that players "will have a possibility" of getting those.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#124 - 2017-04-09 11:19:38 UTC
Imiarr Timshae wrote:
1. Lack of drones is dissapointing but not surprising. Kills many potential uses without being able to run even a flight of lights. If you're like me and you love drones as a primary weapon system, bad luck. These ships are not for you.

2. Security status bonuses scale, but stop at 5.0 sec status. So no love for those of us who have deliberately put effort into reaching numbers above these amounts. Where's the logic there? Just like missioners reaching 10.00 faction standing getting nothing, except instead of a lack of reward, now you are actively disregarding the playstyle of a subset of people which you are designing this ship bonus specifically for. "Get more bonuses for sec status, except if you get really high amounts. We don't care about you." Weird as hell.

3. At least they look pretty.

The logic in 2 is because 10.0 sec status is a legacy item, and not available in normal circumstances to newer players. So 'Get more bonuses if you were grandfathered into the new sec status system, or if you happen to be in the fairly unique position to still force it through today through rounding errors around officer rats' is not a good thing for them to be doing. 5.0 is the nominal maximum you can get to these days.
Cade Windstalker
#125 - 2017-04-09 23:46:25 UTC
Arcturus Ursidae wrote:
You need to look at the language that is being used. It states promotions which almost which implies plex sales or subscription offers.

I don't actually have a problem with this, CCP often gives away skins and such like during promotions or offers.

Could mean PLEX sales, could mean an "OMG CONCORD got ****ed again" in-game event where everyone with more than 2 billion space-points gets one.
Jengo Fire
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2017-04-10 00:20:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jengo Fire
"To avoid p2w"

Yet I need to spend RL money to get Shiney Collectors faction ships with insane stats....

Right so if I don't spend RL money I'm not allowed to have it without spending near AT prize ship prices.

Seems legit, RMT ahoy.
Juvenius Drakonius
#127 - 2017-04-10 00:34:22 UTC
would be great if you can go in fleets of concord to kill pirates...an NPC FC

There is no shame in saying you don't know something, and there is no glory in keeping knolege to yourself.

Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#128 - 2017-04-10 01:10:33 UTC
Just for the sake of it. http://i.imgur.com/njVAIBW.png While not a serious fit it can put out decent damage.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#129 - 2017-04-10 15:18:20 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
They look nice i would give 7.5% Minmatar dmg bonus to medium and large hulls due to anemic dps numbers they will put out compared to others and without drones it will be obvious.

Argument that minmatar hulls are basically oversized class bellow their current wont work stats are same for all races they will just punch lower without anything to mask that.

There is absolutely nothing forcing you to fit projectile weapons on this. If you think the bonus to projectile is not enough, go with another weapon system.
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#130 - 2017-04-11 00:27:00 UTC
Any indication of what the availability of these will be like for those who did not attend fanfest or eve vegas? With those future events etc.?

Especially the faction black ops. IMO that should have been the nestor's role long ago - but still, I really hope these will be available for everyone at some level and not just become a 20bil station queen.
Chuck Sanussi
Unexpected Company
#131 - 2017-04-11 13:48:49 UTC
these sec related bonuses are BS until you give sec related bonuses to ALL pirate ships.

Nerfing lowsec much?
Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2017-04-11 23:12:04 UTC
Chuck Sanussi wrote:
these sec related bonuses are BS until you give sec related bonuses to ALL pirate ships.

Nerfing lowsec much?

Its security status of the player, not the system. If you watched the fanfest vids they discussed the possibility of pirate hulls doing similar bonuses
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#133 - 2017-04-12 01:32:11 UTC
Chuck Sanussi wrote:

Nerfing lowsec much?

Looks like someone has an opinion before taking the time to understand the subject matter.
Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#134 - 2017-04-12 02:31:07 UTC
Murkar Omaristos wrote:
Chuck Sanussi wrote:

Nerfing lowsec much?

Looks like someone has an opinion before taking the time to understand the subject matter.

Its the best type of opinion!
Chuck Sanussi
Unexpected Company
#135 - 2017-04-12 06:59:24 UTC
Ci'Fera wrote:
Chuck Sanussi wrote:

Nerfing lowsec much?

Its security status of the player, not the system. If you watched the fanfest vids they discussed the possibility of pirate hulls doing similar bonuses

NO SHEET, Sherlock.

Well yes, this is the definition of opinion.

Yes, I have heard about the possibility of pirate hulls having something similar.

Yet, this is not posted.

Therefore I am publishing my opinion - These bonuses for concord ships are BS until sec related bonuses are given to all pirate ships.

Clear enough now? Not like I care, sometimes people in EVE are like babies. ;)
Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#136 - 2017-04-12 08:06:09 UTC
Chuck Sanussi wrote:
Ci'Fera wrote:
Chuck Sanussi wrote:

Nerfing lowsec much?

NO SHEET, Sherlock.

Well yes, this is the definition of opinion.

Yes, I have heard about the possibility of pirate hulls having something similar.

Yet, this is not posted.

Therefore I am publishing my opinion - These bonuses for concord ships are BS until sec related bonuses are given to all pirate ships.

Clear enough now? Not like I care, sometimes people in EVE are like babies. ;)

If you have to come back and specify that you knew all this yet you came here to gripe and reinforce your needless thoughts on the matter knowing full well that this is a 'test' for CCP to offer such bonuses later. Then you really serve no point in the discussion. Mr Watson...
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#137 - 2017-04-12 10:47:40 UTC
Few small tweaks:

Slightly increased mass for the Pacifier and Enforcer
Slightly improved inertia modifier for the Pacifier
All the projectile damage bonuses swapped to RoF

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#138 - 2017-04-12 14:25:47 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Few small tweaks:

Any specific reason for ROF over alpha?
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#139 - 2017-04-12 15:43:25 UTC
Ci'Fera wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Few small tweaks:

A tad more dps is my guess.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Ci'Fera
State War Academy
Caldari State
#140 - 2017-04-12 21:42:19 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
Ci'Fera wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Few small tweaks:

A tad more dps is my guess.

I would think 5% damage would put out the same as 5%rate of fire?