These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Worst Features to EVE Since You Started Playing?

Author
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2017-03-23 20:16:02 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
Alasdan Helminthauge wrote:

but I'd still like the option of injectors in case that I have the right occasion, the right fight with the right odds, but lack 1-2 weeks of skill training, so that I don't have to let the opportunity slip and wait for those damn rights again.

EVE is Patience itself. I'm pretty patient learning this game. EVE does have a learning cliff, so don't expect me to learn everything/anything in less than one year Bear.

you're patient to LEARN but not TO WAIT for the skills.....
smh

why don't both???
old players all started at 0 SP.
you want fight them?? skills are hard capped at lvl5, plan your next 5-6 years of skills training to reach a point when you can fight on equal skills and all that's left is knowledge of the game ^^

old players also started with learning skills, no skill queue, no wormholes (and associated t3's), no capital ships, no lvl 4 missions, no incursions, no faction warfare, and no reason to fly anything other than winmatar... y'know, while we are mentioning things from the "good ol days"

and your right, skills are hard capped it lvl5. so what does it matter to you if they got there in a year, or 3 years, or 5. why is it a bad thing that someone can start actually engaging in the game the way they want too in a shorter amount of time, it puts more ships in space, which creates more content, which is better for everyone.

cuz a man need to learn how to walk before actually start running.
each step of the game let you experience difference things.

flying a ceptor for your fleet is thing..
flying a dictor another one.
cruisers with all their utility another one again.
BC and BS
way up to capitals and supers!

each step is a conquest and that's how it should be.
have you ever seen a kid flying a plane with 300 people on board?
me neither Cool
Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2017-03-23 20:20:05 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:

but I'd still like the option of injectors in case that I have the right occasion, the right fight with the right odds, but lack 1-2 weeks of skill training, so that I don't have to let the opportunity slip and wait for those damn rights again.

EVE is Patience itself. I'm pretty patient learning this game. EVE does have a learning cliff, so don't expect me to learn everything/anything in less than one year Bear.

smh

why don't both???
you want fight them?? skills are hard capped at lvl5, plan your next 5-6 years of skills training to reach a point when you can fight on equal skills and all that's left is knowledge of the game ^^

old players also started with learning skills, no skill queue, no wormholes (and associated t3's), no capital ships, no lvl 4 missions, no incursions, no faction warfare, and no reason to fly anything other than winmatar... y'know, while we are mentioning things from the "good ol days"

and your right, skills are hard capped it lvl5. so what does it matter to you if they got there in a year, or 3 years, or 5. why is it a bad thing that someone can start actually engaging in the game the way they want too in a shorter amount of time, it puts more ships in space, which creates more content, which is better for everyone.

BC and BS

me neither Cool

so because you had to do it one way, everyone after you needs to do it the same way or they are spoiled?

do they also need to walk uphill both ways to school through knee deep snow? I mean I can see the benefit of being chased by wolves the whole time, but lets not bring back the pickle in the belt... let that fad die already man.
Fr3akwave
Mercury Arms Inc.
#83 - 2017-03-23 20:21:59 UTC
- Removing the static hangar image - so much energy wasted for constantly rendering a static scene
- T3Ds - someone completely ****** up balance
- Citadel docking in hostile FW systems - owning a system has lost most its meaning
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2017-03-23 20:23:59 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:

so because you had to do it one way, everyone after you needs to do it the same way or they are spoiled?

do they also need to walk uphill both ways to school through knee deep snow? I mean I can see the benefit of being chased by wolves the whole time, but lets not bring back the pickle in the belt... let that fad die already man.

???
it's how it should work!
instant gratification is good only for people that don't understand this concept.
like you :) nothing to add here
Fr3akwave
Mercury Arms Inc.
#85 - 2017-03-23 20:25:59 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:

- new scan interface / map, also d-scan hotkey is a huge mistake

Why is the hotkey a mistake? It already existed for a long time, just not that obvious.
Aside from that., never complicate things just by making them uncomfortable to use. One of the golden rules of good game design.
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#86 - 2017-03-23 20:38:17 UTC
PLEX granulation

Citadels after removing system standings for POSs = structure sprawl

Camera controls for custom target tracking
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#87 - 2017-03-24 01:32:49 UTC
1. The second harvester on my skiff. I always use them as one.
2. Ship change timer in stations
3. The diet for the orca. Bumping became much more effective.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2017-03-24 02:18:41 UTC
AFK Hauler wrote:
PLEX granulation

Citadels after removing system standings for POSs = structure sprawl

Camera controls for custom target tracking

at the time they removed the standings requirement (and the license things) I thought it was an amazing idea. seeing the over proliferation though, I think maybe that particular change should be rolled back.

would mean having to do at least a bit of work as a corp to have a HS citadel, (if I remember correctly the corp standings requirements where not all that high. like everyone in corp runs the soe arc and you've got the standings to anchor in .5 and .6 systems) and having the license certificates would put back another much needed isk sink.

I'd be okay with them leaving the currently placed stations where they are, just no new ones put down without standings, and existing ones would start needing the licenses.
Trixi Laminer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2017-03-24 08:53:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Trixi Laminer
making hauling large ec & citadel a hair pulling ordeal since you cant even fit them into a DST but have to have a freighter wich makes transporting them not so fun.

Removal of rogue drone crystals, I love unique resources.. P

bumping mechanics not giving flags or damage, imo they should introduce a ramming ship like in rogue one.
At least flagging when in open space and not the undock P
Isengrimus
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#90 - 2017-03-24 11:51:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Isengrimus
Hi-sec Incursion as a way of massive ISK-printing with almost no risk involved

Heavy Missle Nerf (BRING TEH DRAEK BACK!)

New fitting window - while the simulation mode is cool, I completely do not understand why I have to enter it when I am considering fitting an item from my inventory in order to check if it meets the PG / CPU requirements. 1 click > 3-4 clicks and drags. :)

@ up

Was bumping EVER causing damage / aggro? I don't think so. While I would surely love some more realistic collision mechanism in EVE, a I am afraid it would not be feasible due to the sheer amount of data and calculations that would have to be added to the game. Every single asteroid, can, drone, etc. would have to be taken into account... Not to mention the in-warp collisions that should cause instant death of a ship and pod. :D
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#91 - 2017-03-24 18:04:09 UTC
CFC

Cloaky

F*******

Campers

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Orakkus
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2017-03-24 18:24:35 UTC
1. T3 Cruisers, and especially destroyers
2. Skill injectors (sorry, there are no dead skills)
3. Incarna utilization

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#93 - 2017-03-24 19:05:40 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:

smh

why don't both???

BC and BS

me neither Cool

Do it like the other games do it:

You can inject up to 80% of the SP of the highest trained pilot on the account.

50M SP pilot? Alt can inject up to 40M

Dum Spiro Spero

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2017-03-24 19:07:35 UTC
then people with account maxed out create alts and sell them.. Roll
Keno Skir
#95 - 2017-03-24 20:12:27 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:

smh

why don't both???

BC and BS

me neither Cool

That's a pants analogy. People learn at different rates and there's no harm in introducing more high value poorly skilled pinatas, or allowing fast learners to accelerate their hardware capabilities. When i first heard about skill injectors i was annoyed, i spent all that time training why shouldn't they? But i was butt-hurt, and it was temporary. There's no drawback that i can see aside from uneducated pilots flying ships they shouldn't be, and what's wrong with that in the grand scheme of things?

Pirate
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2017-03-24 23:12:32 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:

smh

why don't both???

BC and BS

me neither Cool

That's a pants analogy. People learn at different rates and there's no harm in introducing more high value poorly skilled pinatas, or allowing fast learners to accelerate their hardware capabilities. When i first heard about skill injectors i was annoyed, i spent all that time training why shouldn't they? But i was butt-hurt, and it was temporary. There's no drawback that i can see aside from uneducated pilots flying ships they shouldn't be, and what's wrong with that in the grand scheme of things?

Pirate

it's wrong under many points of view.

EvE has never been an instant gratification game.
you had to work hard for things you want to achieve. NOW you can fly a titan since day 1, with plex and skill injectors.

Eve is an ecosystem. with pilots with more SP and pilots with less SP. the latter will catch up eventually but not in a one big step. Injecting another predator in the ecosystem would destroy the balance:
the story teach us that people passing through ceptors, then cruiser, then battleships then capitals have an object to achieve. Something to wait for. Something to dream of. that's what keep a player interested ---> new objects - new achievements

now you give all this at day 1 with skill injectors and alts SP farmer.... well you achieve anything you want in the first week, by the second you don't know what to do, by the third week you are trying to sell your character, by the fourth week you started a new game

for sure these examples are not good enough and i won't bother to keep discussing this arguments: people won't change their mind or their opinions. we are here only to pass time and write something on the forum Cool

BUT you will always find me against microtransaction games and instant gratification ones.
and as me many other players that have left EvE seeing what it's becoming.

it's a bit i'm trying to tell/teach players to have patience and enjoy the step by step evolution of a character in a game.
But all you guys want is instant gratification/ability to compete with vets that you don't deserve AT ALL.

and take note that i'm talking as a newbie waiting to skill up to fight vets doing other things in the mean time like trading/industry and flying small ships^^

i will get there eventually, but mine is a nice trip.
yours is a stupid *teleport* *istant gratification button*

have fun Cool
Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2017-03-24 23:41:42 UTC
new players have always been able to buy high sp characters if they are willing to splash out billions of isk for them. that "instant gratification" that you rail against, has been around for longer than wormholes have.

the only difference is that now people have the opportunity to buy and sell that sp in smaller chunks instead of wholesale on the character. and put those sp where they want them. so the only thing that has changed is given players more options, and puts more money in ccp's pocket. so its a win-win. well for everyone but you it seems.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2017-03-25 00:05:22 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
new players have always been able to buy high sp characters if they are willing to splash out billions of isk for them. that "instant gratification" that you rail against, has been around for longer than wormholes have.

the only difference is that now people have the opportunity to buy and sell that sp in smaller chunks instead of wholesale on the character. and put those sp where they want them. so the only thing that has changed is given players more options, and puts more money in ccp's pocket. so its a win-win. well for everyone but you it seems.

exatly. i lost.
Kieron VonDeux
#99 - 2017-03-25 04:10:27 UTC
-Supercapitals; as implemented
-Starbase Invulnerability; in the Dominion Expansion iirc.
-Incarna; as designed, implemented, and left hanging.

Kim Joo Won
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2017-03-25 19:04:37 UTC
1) The game being designed around ADC champs, leaving Melee champs behind.

2) Still have to fight the client to control your champ.
for those of you that don't know, the client controls your champ, what you hit, where you move, and you literally have to fight the client to control or move your champ anywhere!

3) Hiring that dev that keeps using the word "Positional". and is redesigning every champ to be "Positional."!

sorry
had to get that off my chest!

1) The Exhumer Nerfs

2) Refusing to revamp the Mission system.

3) the "fix" for AFK Domi's