These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Worst Features to EVE Since You Started Playing?

Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2017-03-14 04:08:42 UTC
Cynos - no other feature in game is as OP as being able to drop fleets from systems away instantly on a target at such low cost and with such minimal fitting requirements.

Pizza Map - the map with the convenient but ******** smuggler gates. It led to the blue donut and mega alliances.

Dodgy CSM - They've caused more damage to EvE than any other single factor. They represent only the alliances they're members for not the player base at all. Easily stackable by exploiting alts and coalitions vs the independent rest of EvE.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Kai Lae
Karmunism Limited
#42 - 2017-03-14 04:24:17 UTC
1. POS. Best described as a in game cancer. Maintaining them is like being sentenced to a punishment detail.
2. PI. Instead of learning from how badly designed POS are, they doubled down and did it again.

The above two features in my opinion have absolutely no fun content in them at all. They are only done to get rewards from doing them. If the economy was not completely dependent upon them, I suspect that no one would willingly choose to them.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#43 - 2017-03-14 08:05:48 UTC
Without a doubt, animated billboards. I can adapt to gameplay features as long as CCP maintains a reasonably level playing field but some of us are sensitive to flicker, billboards serve no useful purpose, CCP keeps adding more of the damn things and there is no option to turn them off!
Don Pera Saissore
#44 - 2017-03-14 10:26:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Don Pera Saissore
new camera
removal of the RGB slider
removal of the language chat channels

but ofc free to play and skill injectors top it all
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#45 - 2017-03-14 12:51:54 UTC
Capital ships
Skill injectors
Warp to 0

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Stabs McShiv
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2017-03-14 13:10:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Stabs McShiv
1. Ship skins for money including the new filesystem and encryption that came with it.
2. The client and launcher acting like spyware.
3. Stupid in game billboards and other bloated crapware in the client.
4. The new camera.
5. Bomber and Attack BC nerfs.
Richmaint
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2017-03-14 13:37:04 UTC
1 . missile nerf gone from 1 torp able to take out a frig to not even being able to kill it
2 . ECM nerf use to be fun to run a jamming ship now with just a chance to jam your dead before the jam
3 . ........

hum after 14 years that's all I can think of both caused me some serious time away from the game though

mattoid
The Toid Project
#48 - 2017-03-14 15:55:00 UTC
1. As a primarily Caldari player - the missile nerf.
2. How much clicking PI requires. (*begin sarcasm* I want ISK to just fall into my lap without having to work, is that too much to ask?)
3. T2 BPO's.

I like the Citadels/EC's. I know I'm odd in saying that, but they are so much less clicking than POS's and I'm still holding out hope that they only get better.
Ravnik
Infinate Horizon
#49 - 2017-03-14 17:22:40 UTC
1. HS
2. LS
3. NS

Other than that, everything is hunky dori..Cool

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Mr Kindjal
Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk Amarr branch.
Clever Use of Neutral Toons
#50 - 2017-03-14 18:43:19 UTC
1. P2w(plex and injectors).
2. boot.ini
3. Titan's/Super's
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#51 - 2017-03-14 19:05:41 UTC
a lot of people have said PLEX, but no one has said anything about why. would you prefer a complete removal of game time trading or a return to the old gtc system? A few have now mentioned pay to win, but after 10 years of playing it seems having a plex/gtc system is far better than giving rmters a monopoly on the market. Also I feel like if I threw a million dollars into plex I wouldn't be anywhere near winning eve. Also I find it rather convenient to sub my accounts with plex/gtcs.

likewise I'm not concerned with skill injectors, character trading has existed since before I started playing. just having sp isn't winning eve either. I think the flexibility to make changes that character and sp trading is better for the game. as always chase FotM at your own risk, there have been so many I just finshed training for x and now it is getting nerfed posts over the years.

Shiloh Templeton wrote:
Removing the faction standing requirement for POS (citadel) in HS and the goal of faction standings in general

ooh that is a good one, rip faction standings, I had 9.9 caldari at one point then I realized it was useless Cry

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

erik destroyer
Doomheim
#52 - 2017-03-14 19:13:46 UTC
The new probe scanner cause the probe are stuffed up like chickens and cannot adjust it anymore like people like to do themselves. And the launch and formations are located now at the bottom pretty weird while the rest is still att he top.

the new d-scanner same thing the au adjustment at the bottom instead at the top unable to reprogram only by going back to the old one.

the new solar map cause there is no overview anymore over the whole map. need to search the map like i got to hunt for treasure..... thought this was a space game and not a pirate game TwistedTwistedTwisted
Max Khaos
Republic Military School
#53 - 2017-03-14 19:52:49 UTC
Arrow Skill Injectors

Arrow CSM (corrupted by Large Alliances)

Arrow Anything Fozzie has touched.
#54 - 2017-03-14 22:24:36 UTC
1) Incarna

2) Jump Fatigue

3) FozzieSov

(Bonus- Skill Injectors, Nullified Ceptors)
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#55 - 2017-03-14 23:16:15 UTC
This morning I'm going to update my list.
1-3. Eve Forums.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Nasar Vyron
S0utherN Comfort
#56 - 2017-03-15 03:41:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nasar Vyron
Incursions, these should have been limited to their expansion as an event. HS should have never had a faucet to rival anything in null/wh or even ls space.

Incarna, speaks for itself.

Skill injectors. These are more p2w than the bazaar ever was our could have been. Their implementation has brought about massive shifts in the game than ever before. Simply look at the most recent surge in rorqual pilots and subsequent nerfs brought about by it as the game went from a few hundred/thousand pilots to thousands of perfectly skilled active pilots. This has removed any hope of a smooth transition and knee-jerk balance patches in our future.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#57 - 2017-03-15 06:34:31 UTC
Introduction of PLEX.

T2 BPO lottery.

Lack of a skill queue.

Mr Epeen Cool
xOmGx
Heroic Farming inc.
#58 - 2017-03-15 09:31:10 UTC
1. Capital nerf(s)
2. Citadels
3. Territorial 0.0 warfire changes (WTB SBU back!!!)

CCP want us to play Interceptors online.... no thanks there are better games to do that around
Tetsel
House Amamake
#59 - 2017-03-17 04:40:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Tetsel
CCP Soundwave
CCP Pontifex
CCP Fozzie as "The Balance Master"
The CSM
CCP Seagull
(yeah I know it's five but can't sort them)

CCP Oveur & CCP T0rfi were our only savior, now we are doomed.

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Roland Schlosser
Entropy Engine
#60 - 2017-03-17 07:40:55 UTC
Everything involving Microtransactions

Captains Quarters

Removal of AoE Titan DD's