These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[March] Character's Total Net Worth estimation

First post First post
Author
Cade Windstalker
#41 - 2017-03-12 19:12:57 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be visible on the Test Server currently?

I'm still not seeing it there.

You have to open your "portrait" to see it.

In the feedback thread I asked to put the networth thing into a new tab with your other character tabs like standings at such. Takes forever to load me.

NVIDIA strikes again..

Still not seeing it. Is there a "portrait" location beyond just opening the character sheet? Something I'm missing here?

I've left the client up for 10 minutes and nothing's loaded.
Blitz Hacker
Bored Bastards
#42 - 2017-03-12 22:06:24 UTC
Windsigh wrote:
I wonder if one will be able to see these numbers through API. Honestly I think these things should stay private.

j.eveassets .. you can plug in any toons full api to get estimated networth already.. been in game and non private for years. just CCP never calculated it for you
CCP Turtlepower
C C P
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2017-03-13 16:11:20 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Turtlepower
Hello everyone! Thanks for all the great feedback and questions. We are listening, and will keep it all in mind if/when we iterate on this feature in the future.

Cade Windstalker wrote:
So, I actually got on Sisi to test the behavior and it doesn't seem to be working on there currently, am I missing something?

The feature is temporarily disabled now while we iron out some final kinks. It should be back on Singularity on Wednesday.

Zen Tsai wrote:
Cool.
But why not just put the assets value in the assets window?

This has been discussed a lot here over the last few weeks, and at a point it was working in the asset window as well. We decided to simplify the feature for now, and removed it from the asset window since that window is hugely popular (many players have that window opened all the time for navigational purposes). Calculating asset net worth is a rather expensive job for the database to do so often.

Winter Archipelago wrote:
It's too bad that there's no easy way to determine the value of researched BPOs or BPCs. Probably half my net value is in the research value of my BPO library, while the NPC value is rather meager.

To avoid confusion, we are simply excluding all blueprints from the net asset worth.

Not Orious wrote:
Are there any plans to have filters for this feature?
For example if I were interested in seeing the estimated worth of assets in Jita alone excluding blueprints and compressed ore.

No plans as of yet, but great idea!

Starrakatt wrote:
what about plugged-in Implants value?
Would it be possible to also have these implant's estimated worth?

No, we do not plan on including plugged in implants, as they cannot be liquidated into ISK.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:
This is a horrible idea (sorry!) Some people like to keep their net worth secret for both nefarious and legit purposes. Also, if u can view this on others u can essily tell if they are a super or titan toon. Bit too much stealth info in this i think.

No worries: net asset worth is not exposed to third parties or other players. We will revisit these privacy concerns if we add this feature to the API.

Henry Plantgenet wrote:
When you say the estimated value is an average of the market are we talking the whole eve market or just the backwater ****hole you're currently located in?

Average prices for whole of EVE. These prices are updated weekly.

Ben Ishikela wrote:
please factor in the skillpoints.

While skill points technically can be liquidated via skill extractors, we decided not to include them in this feature as it would be confusing for some.

o7
CCP Turtlepower // Team Genesis
Cade Windstalker
#44 - 2017-03-13 16:39:38 UTC
CCP Turtlepower wrote:
Zen Tsai wrote:
Cool.
But why not just put the assets value in the assets window?

This has been discussed a lot here over the last few weeks, and at a point it was working in the asset window as well. We decided to simplify the feature for now, and removed it from the asset window since that window is hugely popular (many players have that window opened all the time for navigational purposes). Calculating asset net worth is a rather expensive job for the database to do so often.

Could you consider adding this to its own tab or sub-tab in the Character Sheet?

This would both alleviate potential issues with the popup blocking the ability to close the character sheet and reduce the overhead on the DB from people just opening their character sheet to change skills, check standings, or one of the various other things people open the character sheet for besides checking asset value.

Also checking in as one of those who keeps Personal Assets open all the time as a navigation aid Lol
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#45 - 2017-03-13 16:46:09 UTC
CCP Turtlepower wrote:
While skill points technically can be liquidated via skill extractors, we decided not to include them in this feature as it would be confusing for some.

To equate isk value to the skillpoints in your head seems like a good teaching tool for the new player experience. And for veterans with large skill pools, a quick representation of the massive value of SP might spur some impulse AUR purchases. Seems like a win-win, however I don't have the data you're working with.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

NinjaTurtle
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2017-03-13 19:44:07 UTC  |  Edited by: NinjaTurtle
CCP Turtlepower wrote:

I have to say I agree with CCP on this one. I think in the past there had always been a clear line in the sand between what you could obtain materially and what was priceless; skill points typically were labelled the latter. Extractors/injectors obviously binned that line but it's nice to see SP not being pushed even further as a commodity, even if it's just the tone of their messaging. Teach the newbeans that a head-full of SP is something to be cared for and lovingly grown, not just another chunk of ISK.
and that turtles are the master species
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#47 - 2017-03-13 20:05:03 UTC
I don't know Mr. Turtle, a 'lovingly grown' head of SP doesn't reflect the current grimdark state of affairs in a post-injector world.

It's all about that next hit.

Circumstantial Evidence
#48 - 2017-03-13 20:16:53 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Could you consider adding this to its own tab or sub-tab in the Character Sheet?
If you collapse character sheet by clicking the tiny up/down arrow (that doesn't have a tooltip) in the upper right just under the character sheet close button, the 3D animated view of your character and Assets value won't be displayed. I'm fairly certain it is also not calculated, because I remember a delay the first time I expanded my character sheet, to see it.
NinjaTurtle
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2017-03-13 20:26:03 UTC
Pleasure Hub Node-514 wrote:
I don't know Mr. Turtle, a 'lovingly grown' head of SP doesn't reflect the current grimdark state of affairs in a post-injector world.

It's all about that next hit.

I mean you're right, it doesn't, which I think is a selling point for negative retention in the long-term. I guess at this point it's painting a pig but at least the pig looks pretty
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2017-03-13 22:22:45 UTC

I BEG to differ.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#51 - 2017-03-14 05:36:45 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:

I BEG to differ.

Well, if there was a way to determine who grew it naturally and who injected en mass then your natural growth path would hold a bit more significance these days.

A long while back before injectors released I did make a suggestion that was seen as too extreme.

Maruchan Ramen
Spicy Ramen Research
#52 - 2017-03-14 10:21:43 UTC
CCP Turtlepower wrote:
Ben Ishikela wrote:

o7

I understand Noggin Ramen is to be prepared with care, yet I am curious who your team thinks would be confused by the value of brain noodles?

Rule 76 of Ramen Acquisition: Every once in a while, declare RAMEN. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. - The Amarrian Pastafarian

Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2017-03-14 17:39:21 UTC
This has been taken out of the Patch, sadly...

Will it still make March? ie sometime in the next two weeks?

Don't soil your panties, you guys made a good point, we'll look at the numbers again. - CCP Ytterbium

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2017-03-15 00:03:24 UTC
Maruchan Ramen wrote:
CCP Turtlepower wrote:
Ben Ishikela wrote:

o7

I understand Noggin Ramen is to be prepared with care, yet I am curious who your team thinks would be confused by the value of brain noodles?

I'm betting he meant all the folks who will look at the number and not feel confused. You'll happily believe that your SP has a specific market value when it's highly dependent on multiple factors that cannot be accurately represented by the system.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

CCP Turtlepower
C C P
C C P Alliance
#55 - 2017-03-15 15:37:42 UTC
Hello again!

The Net Asset Worth feature is back on singularity! Please log on and take a look if you are interested, and please consider joining us in mass testing the feature tomorrow. More info here.

Fly dangerously!
CCP Turtlepower
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#56 - 2017-03-15 15:52:59 UTC
Can we have an ouch-that-hurt feature?

You know how when your wallet changes it animates and shows how much money gets added or subtracted from it?

Every time your ship gets blown up... do the same thing, but subtract it away from your total worth \o/
Cade Windstalker
#57 - 2017-03-16 00:27:05 UTC
Okay, got a chance to test the feature out on Sisi and it's pretty nice.

No immediately obvious bugs for a start.

The entire pop-up isn't a button, just the small icons on the side. I would suggest putting boxes around them so they appear slightly raised and it's more obvious that they're buttons, similar to how those symbols appear over on the neocom.

Areas you don't have any assets aren't displayed, so for example my Test Server character has no Contract or Market escrow so those don't appear, just Wallet and Personal Assets.

Also it's basically impossible to make the popup appear by accident, you have to actually click on the question mark icon to bring up the popup.

Overall a very nice little feature.

If the number on the Test Server is even halfway accurate I've got a few things I should track down and sell..... Shocked
Escpage
Naquadria
#58 - 2017-03-16 03:37:27 UTC
It looks like a very good start and as stated by others, extending it to include corporations and alliances would also be a reasonable update.

VOTE CSM12
Ben Ishikela
#59 - 2017-03-16 12:14:36 UTC
Please include Skillpoint-worth.

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Amanda Orion
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2017-03-16 12:49:38 UTC
Dictateur Imperator wrote:
Nice

Can we have the same for corporation asset ?

Agree - very much.