These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[March] Character's Total Net Worth estimation

First post First post
Author
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#21 - 2017-03-10 14:40:18 UTC
It's too bad that there's no easy way to determine the value of researched BPOs or BPCs. Probably half my net value is in the research value of my BPO library, while the NPC value is rather meager.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#22 - 2017-03-10 15:55:59 UTC
Fantastic idea from r/Eve:
gospadinperoda wrote:
It could also add up the ISK value of your skillpoints too. That way you know how many kidneys to trade for another hit.

May encourage a couple people to buy extractors for AUR/ISK.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Not Orious
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#23 - 2017-03-10 16:10:56 UTC
Are there any plans to have filters for this feature?
For example if I were interested in seeing the estimated worth of assets in Jita alone excluding blueprints and compressed ore.
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#24 - 2017-03-10 16:23:40 UTC
The smugposts are going to be REAL.

10/10, thanks CCP!

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Rogue Integer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2017-03-10 17:46:20 UTC
My industrialist with all the moneys will be sad since her solo corp wallet divisions won't count, nor the assets in corp hangars. Finding a way to include that stuff would be really nice.
Racken Ormand
Victory or Whatever
Nourv Gate Security Commission
#26 - 2017-03-10 19:58:37 UTC
Awsome!

I love this idea it is actually going to be my favorite part of the character sheet.

Don't listen to those crying or complaining for absolutely no reason. Just do eeet !
Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#27 - 2017-03-10 20:18:07 UTC
Very nice feature. Smile

Now, what about plugged-in Implants value?

Would it be possible to also have these implant's estimated worth?
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2017-03-11 07:31:16 UTC
I predict my net worth is less than how many skillpoints I have.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Grookshank
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2017-03-11 09:56:06 UTC
Does not show for me:

http://imgur.com/a/YJGow
Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2017-03-11 10:04:36 UTC
I sure am glad precious developer time is being spent on highly demanded and essential features such as this.
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#31 - 2017-03-11 14:58:39 UTC
This is a horrible idea (sorry!) Some people like to keep their net worth secret for both nefarious and legit purposes. Also, if u can view this on others u can essily tell if they are a super or titan toon. Bit too much stealth info in this i think.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#32 - 2017-03-11 15:47:15 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
This is a horrible idea (sorry!) Some people like to keep their net worth secret for both nefarious and legit purposes. Also, if u can view this on others u can essily tell if they are a super or titan toon. Bit too much stealth info in this i think.

On the contrary, give people the option to flaunt it. I'd be glad if CCP built an opt-in feature for the new forums that allowed players to display net worth below likes received.

A skillpoint display on the forums would be a little too static; however, if CCP included the injector value for the SP in your character as a contributing net worth factor, that'd cover the bases of a decent forum epeen marker while retaining some ambiguity in how that net worth has been inflated.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2017-03-11 19:53:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
It should definitely be optional and default to off. I'll gladly punch a few extra buttons to choose to publicize my own information.

Grookshank wrote:
Does not show for me:

http://imgur.com/a/YJGow

The feature isn't out yet. This is where we discuss how we feel about it before CCP finishes and releases it. If we have strong feelings about it, they'll change it or in the worst cases even abandon it.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:

Are you so sure about that? I've got a feeling there are plenty of older characters out there with more than enough SP and ISK to be a titan toon but aren't, meanwhile many if not most titan toons own little other than their titan and fittings. And then there'll be those occasional weird ones that put supercapital skills on their main, like me (I plan to one day, anyway).

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Cade Windstalker
#34 - 2017-03-12 00:23:01 UTC
Isn't this supposed to be visible on the Test Server currently?

I'm still not seeing it there.
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2017-03-12 02:07:47 UTC
When you say the estimated value is an average of the market are we talking the whole eve market or just the backwater ****hole you're currently located in?
Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#36 - 2017-03-12 03:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Starrakatt
Henry Plantgenet wrote:
When you say the estimated value is an average of the market are we talking the whole eve market or just the backwater ****hole you're currently located in?

It will more than likely use the average market, using similar (or the same) mechanisms used to determine in-game assets in hangar/cargohold and killmails.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#37 - 2017-03-12 09:34:01 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be visible on the Test Server currently?

I'm still not seeing it there.

You have to open your "portrait" to see it.

In the feedback thread I asked to put the networth thing into a new tab with your other character tabs like standings at such. Takes forever to load me.

NVIDIA strikes again..

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Ben Ishikela
#38 - 2017-03-12 11:18:46 UTC
please factor in the skillpoints.
---
SP extractable
divided by number of skill extractors needed
multiplied by estimated (price difference between extractor and injector)
---

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#39 - 2017-03-12 12:01:11 UTC
Ben Ishikela wrote:
please factor in the skillpoints.
---
SP extractable
divided by number of skill extractors needed
multiplied by estimated (price difference between extractor and injector)
---

From a AUR purchase standpoint for CCP's benefit, I'd say leave out the subtraction of the extractors. If you want to buy the extractors for ISK that's on you to calculate.

HandelsPharmi
Pharmi on CharBazaar
#40 - 2017-03-12 14:27:50 UTC
Nice idea, no doubt.

But BPCs are not estimated, POS modules are "nor realistic" / pure speculation at the moment.
How this will affect the value?

Others will think my e-penis is smaller than in virtuality?