These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guardian's Gala Event FAIL

First post
Author
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2017-02-17 03:02:53 UTC
slphy vansyl wrote:
EPIC fail!
https://secure.eveonline.com/guardians-gala/default.aspx?utm_source=Launcher&utm_campaign=Guardians+Gala+offers&utm_medium=banner&utm_term=Guardians+Gala+offers&utm_content=Guardians+Gala+offers

ok, 30 bucks for 235M in game item....(the pack with cynabal/dramiel/machariel)

but WHY?
do you think (ccp) that players are dumb enough to buy it?
seriously!

if it's not a fail, please explain me!

Actually as others have said, the 3 PLEX with the Angel skins is a pretty good deal. The skins are free and the 3 PLEX cost a little over $16 each.

I bought it to boost my in-game wallet and since I already have those 3 ships bling fitted, I might as well finish their fitting with some special skins.

DMC
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2017-02-17 03:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthias Ancaladron
Yep they're trash. They're pretty easy in a gnosis for alphas though. Plenty of mid slots for tracking computers. I use beam lasers and warp in at 30-50km. With two tracking speed scripts the frigates are pretty easy. They're still the hardest part. Cruiser and bc are easy kills.

But yeah I had a few stolen from me because ships can just show up and one shot the bc and it takes me 5-7 hits with imperial navy multifrequency.
If they were made for alphas only alphas should have been able to warp to the beacons so i doubt they were made with alphas in mind because they aren't dropping anything good and are just sort of a time sink. I'd rather go do a den or drone site that will drop 50-100m and buy whatever skin i want from the event.
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2017-02-17 05:10:13 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Yep they're trash. They're pretty easy in a gnosis for alphas though. Plenty of mid slots for tracking computers. I use beam lasers and warp in at 30-50km. With two tracking speed scripts the frigates are pretty easy. They're still the hardest part. Cruiser and bc are easy kills.

But yeah I had a few stolen from me because ships can just show up and one shot the bc and it takes me 5-7 hits with imperial navy multifrequency.
If they were made for alphas only alphas should have been able to warp to the beacons so i doubt they were made with alphas in mind because they aren't dropping anything good and are just sort of a time sink. I'd rather go do a den or drone site that will drop 50-100m and buy whatever skin i want from the event.

I think they are only dropping the skins because that is what they are meant for. It would mess up the market for them to drop other stuff. And the bounties are low because if they were better it would contribute to isk inflation. Skins don't really add anything but cosmetics to the game so flooding us with those doesn't hurt anything.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#44 - 2017-02-17 05:28:33 UTC
I don't agree with calling these sites a fail or trash. They are super easy and the reward matches the effort involved. If you are a good Eve player, you know the real reason for these sites is to get people to actually undock and play, hopefully against each other even in highsec suspect flagging situations...

@lunettelulu7

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#45 - 2017-02-17 05:34:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Normally I dislike pve in EVE and avoid that sort of play as much as possible because it's boring.

These events are different. Quick, straight forward and a reasonable reward at the end.

As someone that normally prefers pvp, my view of this event, like the other similar ones, is the opposite of fail. A big success.
Cygnus Veram
Doomheim
#46 - 2017-02-17 08:28:14 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Normally I dislike pve in EVE and avoid that sort of play as much as possible because it's boring.

These events are different. Quick, straight forward and a reasonable reward at the end.

As someone that normally prefers pvp, my view of this event, like the other similar ones, is the opposite of fail. A big success.

This is an important distinction.

PVPers go "hey, easy to digest content that doesn't require standing or anything and you can just do for a bit of variety and the income is a nice bonus"

PVEers go "MUST HAVE MORE CONTENT, WHY DOESN'T IT PAY MORE! ALSO COMPETITIONS SUCKS"

Goes to show that PVErs are used to lots and lots of content updates because that's how other MMO's do it and because of that they will never be satiated and CCP won't ever be able to keep them spoon fed with content they'll appreciate for more than a short period of time. Should be a sign for CCP to perhaps not focus too much on what PVErs have to say.
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#47 - 2017-02-17 08:53:54 UTC
Do you think that CCP made this content for PVE?
HAHA Hell not;
They made it only for PVP stuff;

In high sec - flip canning;
In low sec / null sec - I have never seen so many ppl camping systems with small ship or recon ships just to hunt down guys warping to a Gala site for a Skin;

This event AGAIN been made for a PVP reason;

1-st day were great - many sites just spawn around - should find 1-2 after 1-2 jumps;
Yesterday and day before yesterday I barelly could find any jumping 5j around;

This Event would be nice if there would be more sites to do but ... like I said it is made only for PvP players so they can gang others or camp systems for ez targets.

regards
NN
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#48 - 2017-02-17 09:03:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
In low sec / null sec - I have never seen so many ppl camping systems with small ship or recon ships just to hunt down guys warping to a Gala site for a Skin;

This Event would be nice if there would be more sites to do but ... like I said it is made only for PvP players so they can gang others or camp systems for ez targets.

Move to a different area.

I haven't been lucky enough to have anyone else warp in on me yet. Wouldn't mind it if it happened, but there are a lot of sites available to run in some areas, with no interference.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#49 - 2017-02-17 09:38:32 UTC
I like how all of the die-hard PvP players come in at the end to trash everyone and turn this (once again) into a PvE vs. PVP issue. I never said that I loathed any PvP or competition aspects, and in fact - player interaction was one of the only two saving graces for this event. But that's fine - keep driving a wegde. Someday you'll get your wish of having fewer players in this game...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#50 - 2017-02-17 09:43:20 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I like how all of the die-hard PvP players come in at the end to trash everyone and turn this (once again) into a PvE vs. PVP issue. I never said that I loathed any PvP or competition aspects, and in fact - player interaction was one of the only two saving graces for this event. But that's fine - keep driving a wegde. Someday you'll get your wish of having fewer players in this game...

Excuse me?

Is this the end of the thread and who's trashing anyone?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#51 - 2017-02-17 09:45:12 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

It is for me, anyway.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#52 - 2017-02-17 09:47:40 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

It is for me, anyway.

You're trashing people?

Then stop. It's not hard.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2017-02-17 12:25:45 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:

I think they are only dropping the skins because that is what they are meant for. It would mess up the market for them to drop other stuff. And the bounties are low because if they were better it would contribute to isk inflation. Skins don't really add anything but cosmetics to the game so flooding us with those doesn't hurt anything.

There were plex dropping in the last event from what I've been told in addition to clothes, quads and possibly boosters but im not sure about the boosters.
Cygnus Veram
Doomheim
#54 - 2017-02-17 16:03:42 UTC
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
Do you think that CCP made this content for PVE?
HAHA Hell not;
They made it only for PVP stuff;

They made PVE content in a PVP sandbox.
Cade Windstalker
#55 - 2017-02-17 16:21:38 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Looks like they cut back the frequency of the events with the last patch, too.

I don't think so, I've had about the same success as the previous event in finding sites, which is to say almost none until you get at least a little off the beaten path.
Foxstar Damaskeenus
why did i join this corp
Not Purple Shoot It.
#56 - 2017-02-17 19:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Foxstar Damaskeenus
If you hate it so much then send me all your skins please.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

ApexDynamo
Neurosurgical Reconstruction Centre
#57 - 2017-02-17 20:39:50 UTC
I havent seen a single booster drop yet from any of the sites ive run. but at same time too i usually just give the skins away.

least we aint grinding for cans like shadow of the serpentis :)
Salvos Rhoska
#58 - 2017-02-17 20:44:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Its largely an occasionally competitive or combative SKIN harvest.

It hasn't failed at what it is.

Could be more, but it does what it does.

I just went ahead and bought the Cynabal one, cos I love the ship, even though I dont like the SKIN.
Aside from what I will earn from selling the rest, my greatest profit was from angry capsuleer salt.
People get really, really mad when they lose the site..
At least that is entertaining, even if the event itself isnt.
Satchel Darkmatter
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#59 - 2017-02-18 09:28:00 UTC
This event sucked balls.

The Serpentis event was a lot better, looked more epic, had more things to shoot and rewarded more/better loot, Ironically with this event the first wave is the most annoying and I suspect gave alpha pilots more hassle than the res of the ships that spawned after it.

What should have happened was this, the High Sec sites should have been visible to Alpha Pilots while the low sec and null sites should have been visible to everyone, another ironic thing was that tons of Null and Low Sec players left null and low sec en masse to complete these sites in Highsec which screwed the alpha's even more.

CCP it's crystal clear this game is a PvP game, but that does not mean you need to **** all over any PvE elements , it can have good PvE and amazing PvP they are not mutually exclusive.

Basically pull your finger out your ass this **** was week as ****.
Cygnus Veram
Doomheim
#60 - 2017-02-18 09:42:27 UTC
Satchel Darkmatter wrote:
CCP it's crystal clear this game is a PvP game, but that does not mean you need to **** all over any PvE elements

Yes, it does and should.