These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why does every character get to see everyone else's resume for free

Author
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#21 - 2017-02-14 18:02:02 UTC
Velarra wrote:
Tanuki Kittybeta wrote:
it used to be better, you could see empire standings back then. it was great.

The option to make standings (raw or adjusted, faction or npc corporate) public like medals would be great.

It was a massive server lag point so they got rid of it. My history looks like crap because I used to stand up corps for isk based on my standings so they could setup POS in high-sec (something else that took a beating by the nerf bat)

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Ashterothi
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#22 - 2017-02-14 18:18:21 UTC
Most of our restrictions are thanks to CONCORD and their policies to keep us in check. Having our records public is likely mandated by the Yulai Convention, or similar legal structure.

For example when we got access to PI it was the SCC Independent Planetary Management Act allowed by CONCORD in May of YC112.
lilol' me
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2017-02-24 12:33:18 UTC
i dont see the point of having npc corps in your history personally. Talking of resumes people are not really interested in anything beyond your past 3 employments. So perhaps CCP can do that, and if people want to see more then find it through API rather on public display.
lilol' me
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2017-02-24 12:34:10 UTC
Ashterothi wrote:
Most of our restrictions are thanks to CONCORD and their policies to keep us in check. Having our records public is likely mandated by the Yulai Convention, or similar legal structure.

For example when we got access to PI it was the SCC Independent Planetary Management Act allowed by CONCORD in May of YC112.

you know thats pretend right, concord? we all dont do role playing like 99% :)
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#25 - 2017-02-24 18:47:38 UTC
Easy peazy, don't change corps and the problem is solved. I'm proud of my resume! Lol
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#26 - 2017-02-25 16:23:18 UTC
Ashterothi wrote:

Yes. CONCORD requires it, so we eggers can have some intel on each other. We need it to be able to choose whom and whom not to associate with. It fits into the rules on corp membership, wardecs, etc.
Ashterothi
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#27 - 2017-02-26 02:06:03 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Ashterothi wrote:

YOU may choose to not roleplay, but the system itself tries not to.

My point is that the question was asked as to why. I answered the question.

If you don't like to roleplay you shouldn't be in the "worlds largest living sci fi universe"
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#28 - 2017-02-26 04:46:47 UTC
Background checking services are pretty goddamn cheap actually.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#29 - 2017-02-26 08:11:56 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Ashterothi wrote:

you know EVE is also pretend yea ? Roll just saying
Previous page12