These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

++ Stop The Rorqual ++

Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#81 - 2017-02-14 23:49:51 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
This does not matter as long as the final product get destroyed. The amount that move and is produced don't really change anything as long as the destroyed totals keep up.

Exactly.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Etel Ri Fletta
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2017-02-23 18:21:17 UTC
Hamasaki Cross
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2017-02-23 22:49:41 UTC
I'm against the Rorqual changes and basically I'd love to see Fozzie resign because he has wrecked this game enough over the years. Lets hire some people who do this weird thing like listen to people who aren't PL.

Oh and even cooler awesomer idea would be don't implement features which cost 37.5 Billion isk to train, then turn around after you've spent the money on potentially multiple accounts and completely bork it. I'm lucky because I assumed CCP are totally incompetent from the beginning and limited my exposure to only 4/10 of my mining accounts. So only 150 billion isk pissed away because CCP decided to change their mind after using the live server to test market effects of overly poweful rorquals. Now it's a million times more feasible to use hulks x 10 than rorqual x 5. and hulks x 10 = 2b + 80b in injected skills = 82b vs rorquals x 5 = 62.5b + 175b in injected skills = 237.5b. Oh and your killboard doesn't get raped. CCP borked it completely. Business as normal in Iceland it seems.

You want to change a tristan, knock yourself out. It takes 5 mins to train something else. You want to change cap mechanics (and rorquals are caps last I checked), you are talking 6 months of retraining,

But that's CCP's business model isn't it? You can't get new subscribers obviously, since you were desperate enough to go free to play, so instead, the new business model is completely bork characters so they are forced to RIP skills and REINJECT those skills elsewhere at a loss, both financially, and in lost SP.

Next, lets nerf super carriers and make dreads the new go to ratting isk faucet. And once everyone switches, or injects to dreads, lets change it to Titans, then once that's working well for people, lets change it back to rorqual. Then implement a new T2 bullshit ship that requires all new skills.

Adapt and overcome my ass. Just assume incompetence and go play something else. That's my game plan.
The Fukuzawa
New Eden Trade Group
#84 - 2017-02-23 22:54:19 UTC
Hamasaki Cross wrote:
I'm against the Rorqual changes and basically I'd love to see Fozzie resign because he has wrecked this game enough over the years. Lets hire some people who do this weird thing like listen to people who aren't PL.

Oh and even cooler awesomer idea would be don't implement features which cost 37.5 Billion isk to train, then turn around after you've spent the money on potentially multiple accounts and completely bork it. I'm lucky because I assumed CCP are totally incompetent from the beginning and limited my exposure to only 4/10 of my mining accounts. So only 150 billion isk pissed away because CCP decided to change their mind after using the live server to test market effects of overly poweful rorquals. Now it's a million times more feasible to use hulks x 10 than rorqual x 5. and hulks x 10 = 2b + 80b in injected skills = 82b vs rorquals x 5 = 62.5b + 175b in injected skills = 237.5b. Oh and your killboard doesn't get raped. CCP borked it completely. Business as normal in Iceland it seems.

You want to change a tristan, knock yourself out. It takes 5 mins to train something else. You want to change cap mechanics (and rorquals are caps last I checked), you are talking 6 months of retraining,

But that's CCP's business model isn't it? You can't get new subscribers obviously, since you were desperate enough to go free to play, so instead, the new business model is completely bork characters so they are forced to RIP skills and REINJECT those skills elsewhere at a loss, both financially, and in lost SP.

Next, lets nerf super carriers and make dreads the new go to ratting isk faucet. And once everyone switches, or injects to dreads, lets change it to Titans, then once that's working well for people, lets change it back to rorqual. Then implement a new T2 bullshit ship that requires all new skills.

Adapt and overcome my ass. Just assume incompetence and go play something else. That's my game plan.

Dont let the door hit you on the ass

! ! ! New Eden Trade Group is paying monthly interest to investors, contact me if interested ! ! !

If you already assume we are scammers without looking at what we offer objectively, go ahead and F*** off.

Thank you, that is all.

Kaivarian Coste
Whale Patrol
#85 - 2017-02-23 23:02:35 UTC
As long as goonie Rorqs are blowing up, I don't mind.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#86 - 2017-02-24 03:34:13 UTC
CCP nerfs the Rorqual.

Cade Windstalker
#87 - 2017-02-24 04:52:22 UTC
Hamasaki Cross wrote:

Lol, half the people complaining in that thread are N3/PL or their alts, and most of the other half are Goons and their alts. This sort of major nerf will hit the big groups *way* harder than the small ones, especially since their effectively buffing the viability of just using a Rorqual for boosting and mining with Hulks.

Hamasaki Cross wrote:

I'm just gonna quote myself here...

Cade Windstalker wrote:
Anything in the game is subject to change and rebalancing. If you're rushing towards something that seems too good to be true then you may want to stop and consider that it just might actually *be* too good to be true and is about to get whacked with the nerf bat.

Signs that something may be about to get nerfed:

1. Everyone rushing towards it like blind lemmings.
  2. Tons of threads about how it's either massively OP or is fine and shouldn't be touched.
  3. Your personal analysis can't come up with a compelling reason not to use it.
  4. It's rendering obsolete, worthless, or of questionable value one or more play styles, ships, modules, or features.

The Rorqual hits 1 and 2 cleanly, clearly hit 3 for anyone who immediately rushed to train into a Rorqual, and hits 4 pretty solidly as well in that the actual boosting functionality on the Rorqual has been largely ignored by players, it's replacing boosted mining fleets with either single or groups of Rorquals, and the PANIC abuse specifically was invalidating a lot of tactics around Entosis.

So yeah... this wasn't that hard to see coming, especially with the way the price of Trit has slid.
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#88 - 2017-02-24 18:45:19 UTC
OMG!! Something that once was sort of less interesting is suddenly different and maybe very good!! Its the Mandela effect in the Eve 'verse'. Its like everything is changing all the time! Like some mysterious force can change elements of our reality as if it were a game!! Yikes!! What next? The ability to make your own station like some sort of citadel in space? Or maybe the introduction of a new class of pod pilots that can't ever learn the same skills we elite can as if we were paying for that privilege or something! Its like I have to keep learning and adjusting to some new sets of challenges all the time! How am I supposed to live life on autopilot if I have to keep thinking and changing my behavior.

Is this some sort of game or something??!!
Brigadine Ferathine
506 Irregulars
#89 - 2017-02-24 19:09:26 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
you have to put a 3b ship in belt and siege it, well it better be better than a 300m barge.

Exactly
Cade Windstalker
#90 - 2017-02-24 19:11:33 UTC
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
you have to put a 3b ship in belt and siege it, well it better be better than a 300m barge.

Exactly

CCP could nerf the Rorqual by another like 70% and it would still mine more than a maxed out Hulk being boosted by a Sieged Rorqual...

Also most of the cost of the Rorqual is in the drones, after maxed Insurance you lose about 1.3b on a dead Rorqual with basic non-bling fittings.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#91 - 2017-02-24 20:30:30 UTC
Can we please stop comparing the Rorqual to a freaking Hulk? There's only a 10-12 billion ISK difference in price and a ton of advanced skill training requirements that go along with the Rorqual...