These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Zkill guide to Running for CSM 12 by rhiload

First post First post
Author
Malon Kreed
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#61 - 2017-02-08 18:32:12 UTC
TL;DR. Most unqualified member of the current CSM accuses others of being unqualified. Salt ensues.

Noobman and Rhiload for CSM
Ragnar Varen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2017-02-08 18:35:58 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

Also saying you were a positive member while posting this salty of a post kind of make that hard to believe.


What...? When Hyde is posting crap that has no evidence or serious arguments in it that slanders Chance then I think Chance has every right to defend himself. I'd be livid if Hyde posted that load of garbage about me without actually providing some form of substantiated argument.
l0rd carlos
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#63 - 2017-02-08 18:37:59 UTC
I don't get the "vote for suitonia, because only 10 ppl can get in" argument.

I can just vote for suitonia and rhiload.
That's rather silly of Mr Hyde.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Kappa 4Head
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2017-02-08 18:44:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kappa 4Head
Ragnar Varen wrote:

A. He thinks Suitonia is a better smallgang/solo pvper candidate without actually providing any evidence or arguments for it

Believe it or not all Suitonia does/has been doing lately is solo and before he joined goons a lot of small gangs in querios. He also has no life so I'm at least sure he's competent.

Ragnar Varen wrote:

B. Attacks his knowledge and experience of small gang/solo pvp because he doesn't like Rhiload's content format. I.E he doesn't actually say why Rhiload isn't experience or what even experience can be based upon.

Not even close. He criticises him because he hasn't shown seriousness once. It's all memes and memes.

Ragnar Varen wrote:

Other than style the Hyde's and Rhiload's videos really aren't that different

That's like saying wingspan's "pvp" vids are the same as chessur's :thinking:

Ragnar Varen wrote:

C. Attacks Wingspan for being a useless CSM member without actually describing what a useful CSM member is.

I haven't been around for CSM X to know but to be honest we don't need an argument to prove that chance has no place on the CSM.

I am actually not advocating hyde because of his occasional arrogance(and to keep the narrative going tbh) nor rhiload because of childish behaviour. What I'm trying to say is that Hyde actually has a point and memes on csm should never be a thing.

Oh yeah and rhiload puts in 'voice for content creators' in his campaign. How does this make sense?
Perry Swift
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2017-02-08 18:49:57 UTC
i just came here to say that you are all gay pwned

also wingspan ur **** lmao
Hellb0y
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#66 - 2017-02-08 18:52:26 UTC
Well this has turned entertaining.

First lol is Hyde attacking people because of game balance, seriously Hyde, CCP can't balance **** and it's their game!

Second lol Hyde thinking csm is relevant in anyway shape or form.

Third lol all the salt from pl defending Hyde being a ****


Trololololololo
Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy
Predator Squirrels Federation
Brothers of Tangra
#67 - 2017-02-08 18:53:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy
Hr.Hyde you have let me down, you really just posted all that and provide no evidence. Its all subjective and how would you know who is going to be a good csm member? This post certainly is making me lean to rhiload and make me look at his platform more seriously.

Lastly, csm seat for non-bloc members? Coming from the mr.hyde with the pandemic legion module? Maybe you say that seriously but I'm not sure if I can looking at your affiliations (or past affiliations).
Kappa 4Head
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2017-02-08 18:57:57 UTC
Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy wrote:

Lastly, csm seat for non-bloc members? Coming from the mr.hyde with the pandemic legion module? Maybe you say that seriously but I'm not sure if I can looking at your affiliations.


Actually hyde has been afk and has literally nothing to do with PL other than use the ticker to trigger people.
Jousake Hiroshi
Victory or Whatever
Pen Is Out
#69 - 2017-02-08 19:09:24 UTC
TBH I'm just gonna vote for Capri and hope for the best.

I'm black hi, nice to meet you

Ragnar Varen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2017-02-08 19:13:45 UTC
Kappa 4Head wrote:

Believe it or not all Suitonia does/has been doing lately is solo and before he joined goons a lot of small gangs in querios. He also has no life so I'm at least sure he's competent.

That doesn't change the fact that Hyde didn't provide an argument for why Suitonia is better. Rhiload has done a lot of small gang and solo **** as well but somehow he isn't experienced at it?

Kappa 4Head wrote:


Not even close. He criticises him because he hasn't shown seriousness once. It's all memes and memes.

What do you mean not even close? First of all. Seriousness does not mean experience. Just because Mr. Hyde has a stick up his ass doesn't mean he's experienced. Hyde hasn't described what he means by experience and says that Rhiload's videos aren't a measure of his experience because they aren't serious. Even if they aren't a measure of experience doesn't mean that Rhiload doesn't have it. Rhiload wasn't all memes at the AT so he has shown that he can give serious input. If you think his input his bad then you should provide arguments for it which Hyde didn't do.
Kappa 4Head wrote:


That's like saying wingspan's "pvp" vids are the same as chessur's :thinking:

It really isn't. I didn't say that all pvp videos are the same but I think this point is mostly off topic.
Kappa 4Head wrote:


I haven't been around for CSM X to know but to be honest we don't need an argument to prove that chance has no place on the CSM.

Lol what? You absolutely need an argument to prove that Chance has no place on the CSM. He has provided a bunch of good arguments for why he was actually useful and saying he's a bad CSM member because you don't like him, his content or his corp says a lot more about you than it does him.
Kappa 4Head wrote:


I am actually not advocating hyde because of his occasional arrogance(and to keep the narrative going tbh) nor rhiload because of childish behaviour. What I'm trying to say is that Hyde actually has a point and memes on csm should never be a thing.

Oh yeah and rhiload puts in 'voice for content creators' in his campaign. How does this make sense?


Rhiloads childish behaviour? If you want to say his behaviour has been childish then point out examples because meme videos aren't exactly mature and serious but they don't mean he's exhibiting childish behaviour. Even if he was childish at some point doesn't mean he can't be a good CSM member.

Believe it or not but Rhiload has experience with content creating (who would have thought?) so I don't see how you think that doesn't make sense.

I think Rhiload could provide a more clear platform for what he thinks is unbalanced/balanced and offer up some solutions so we can actually judge for ourselves if he would be good at providing criticism to CCP's planned balance and gameplay changes. As for dedication, I think he's shown that he's very passionate about EVE so I don't believe he'll have a childish break and delete all of his content and disappear for two weeks without a warning unlike some CSM member.
Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy
Predator Squirrels Federation
Brothers of Tangra
#71 - 2017-02-08 19:14:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy
Kappa 4Head wrote:
Matrosov Glengoski Razyashchiy wrote:

Lastly, csm seat for non-bloc members? Coming from the mr.hyde with the pandemic legion module? Maybe you say that seriously but I'm not sure if I can looking at your affiliations.


Actually hyde has been afk and has literally nothing to do with PL other than use the ticker to trigger people.


Still pretty hard to accept those words considering (allegedly) past affiliation. Clearly has some use for the ticker, I don't care who he is affiliated with, but its very clear they are affiliated with one of the big blocs even in just name. Like I said. maybe they are serious about it, but with mere affiliation it can change things or at least my opinion.
Kappa 4Head
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2017-02-08 19:18:18 UTC
Ragnar Varen wrote:

I think Rhiload could provide a more clear platform for what he thinks is unbalanced/balanced and offer up some solutions so we can actually judge for ourselves if he would be good at providing criticism to CCP's planned balance and gameplay changes.

Do you have anything else to say other than 'prove the obvious' lmao.
Valkin Mordirc
#73 - 2017-02-08 19:18:29 UTC
Ragnar Varen wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

Also saying you were a positive member while posting this salty of a post kind of make that hard to believe.


What...? When Hyde is posting crap that has no evidence or serious arguments in it that slanders Chance then I think Chance has every right to defend himself. I'd be livid if Hyde posted that load of garbage about me without actually providing some form of substantiated argument.



Chance has been running his mouth against Hyde since the start of Hyde's CSM career.

Seen here


I'm pretty sure they both have had a feud going on for a while now. Chance was the one who ran his mouth bringing it into the CSM. So if you want to point fingers on who started it first. There's your blame.
#DeleteTheWeak
Salu Kelmalu
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2017-02-08 19:19:36 UTC
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
As an outgoing member of CSM 11 who, along with Gorski, primarily focused on mechanics, balance, and small gang/solo issues, I must voice my strong opposition to the candidacy of rhiload, and urge those voters who care about these issues to instead back Suitonia, who is vastly more experienced and qualified, to fulfil this role on CSM 12. With the reduction in the number of CSM seats this year from 14 to 10, it is important that 'non-bloc' entities like the small gang/solo community further concentrate their top votes behind serious candidates that can bring a depth of understanding and experience to CCP on these topics, rather than wasting them on charlatans such as rhiload.

The success and popularity of rhiload's meme video series 'Zkill Guides' this year is undoubtedly impressive and has at long last brought a particular style of comedy video popular in other games to EVE. However, this success should not be misinterpreted as an indicator of his knowledge or experience on the topics of balance and small gang/solo PVP, but rather just as a showing of his ability to entertain and satirise. Unfortunately for him, neither of these skills are valuable or necessary in the role of a CSM member and would actually would detract from the hard work CSM 11 did to restore productive and serious relations with CCP by trivialising important discussions on balance topics.

Despite his comparisons to me in regards to garnering a CSM candidacy backing from videomaking success, I respectfully disagree with this false equivalency. I would instead draw comparisons between rhiload and CSM 10 member WingspannTT (Chance Ravinne) who demonstrated how youtube popularity without any substance to back it up, makes for a hollow and useless CSM member. Although I certainly encourage his continued content creation which brings a smile to many-an-EVE player, I want to warn prospective voters on the dangers of letting rhiload's comedic success propel him above his station.

Having spent many hours and days over the past year working with CCP to have game balance taken as an issue seriously, I cannot in good conscious allow an EVE youtube comedian to get away with exploiting his recent popularity to masquerade as an expert on a topic he is not qualified to speak on.


*I understand that rhiload may take this as a personal insult, however, I only voice this opposition because I care about this game and these topics, and have too much respect for the CSM-CCP relationship to allow a meme candidate to detract from the serious work of the council. I do not know him personally and am sure he's a nice person and dedicated player.



Bit rich of Hyde to be criticizing others when he can't even be bothered to attend meetings. He has only attended 10 of the 42 meetings (39 if you include holidays) according to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vYJTKXkYajxBmLg6ufnMu8BTbpBbEPFrln74oYyJBbA/edit#gid=0
Ragnar Varen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2017-02-08 19:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragnar Varen
Kappa 4Head wrote:
Ragnar Varen wrote:

I think Rhiload could provide a more clear platform for what he thinks is unbalanced/balanced and offer up some solutions so we can actually judge for ourselves if he would be good at providing criticism to CCP's planned balance and gameplay changes.

Do you have anything else to say other than 'prove the obvious' lmao.


Mfw when you call out Rhiload for being childish and then reply with this.

Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Ragnar Varen wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

Also saying you were a positive member while posting this salty of a post kind of make that hard to believe.


What...? When Hyde is posting crap that has no evidence or serious arguments in it that slanders Chance then I think Chance has every right to defend himself. I'd be livid if Hyde posted that load of garbage about me without actually providing some form of substantiated argument.



Chance has been running his mouth against Hyde since the start of Hyde's CSM career.

Seen here


I'm pretty sure they both have had a feud going on for a while now. Chance was the one who ran his mouth bringing it into the CSM. So if you want to point fingers on who started it first. There's your blame.


Are you referring to Chance's clearly sarcastic comment about electing a youtuber?
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
#76 - 2017-02-08 19:27:03 UTC
I find that Hyde's criticism of someone being useless is patently laughable seeing as his attendance (or lack thereof) in the CSM was as abysmal as G Dubya's during his time in office. Hell, even Xenuria had better attendance than you. I'd rather have someone that is actually there listening rather than having an impotent empty seat.

Look, I generally like your videos, Hyde, but it's a bit of a stretch to say you have a better understanding of mechanics and balancing when your streams are almost always using the blingyiest of fits. That's like someone commenting on the performance of a Honda Civic whom drives a Ferrari 70% of the time.

Also, sure Chance isn't the best of players (he never proclaimed to be as such) and he had a bad idea (JF aggro), I do appreciate the issues and solutions that he brought forth. If anything, I think there needs to be fewer bloc players that are there to represent the interests of the entirety of Eve rather than being beholden to the special interests of their bloc.

Thanks for solidifying my vote for Rhiload. He should hire you as his campaign manager for how many votes you managed to flip to his side by this tantrum of a post.
CPuiu
Tilica Nation
#77 - 2017-02-08 19:29:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CPuiu
So many idiots that don't understand just how important content creators are for Eve Online. Every CSM should have at least one on the team. There is no need for 100 bitter vets that don't know how the game works (much less programming), but think they are cool because they have a lot of SP.

People with many many years of playing eve have done **** in the CSM, there is no reason to shun someone who has 4-5 years. Hell, i know players who started in the last 12 months that know the game better than many bigshot vets.
Kappa 4Head
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2017-02-08 19:30:26 UTC
Ragnar Varen wrote:

Mfw when you call out Rhiload for being childish and then reply with this.

Do you actually expect me to waste my time proving that memes aren't serious? I'm sad I can't directly call people r*etards on this forum.
Ragnar Varen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2017-02-08 19:35:28 UTC
Kappa 4Head wrote:
Ragnar Varen wrote:

Mfw when you call out Rhiload for being childish and then reply with this.

Do you actually expect me to waste my time proving that memes aren't serious? I'm sad I can't directly call people r*etards on this forum.

I never said that memes are serious, and your replies aren't getting anyless childish.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#80 - 2017-02-08 19:36:51 UTC
The solo/small gang crowd are obnoxious. The appeal of that gameplay was that it was hard and took skill since the game was not balanced with hat in mind.

Pushing the game down a path of solo/small gang balance will only appeal to a vast minority.