These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

so this is there real future for new players? gate camp?

First post
Author
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#481 - 2017-02-18 08:13:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Alpha CEO wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:

As for Reblier, oh Hell yes it used to be camped. Used to camp it with other IT Alliance players quite a bit when we staged out of there while taking moons in LS from PL way back. We even used as a staging area for invading Fountain. Of course, once we moved to Fountain core that stopped.

You staged in Reblier, a completely isolated lowsec system with no other lowsec around it, while taking lowsec moons from PL?

When was this?

Why would you state out of Reblier to attack fountain? The nearest fountain system is almost 40 jumps away.

As for using a fake scenario to prove what happens in game, well it being fake says it all.


Hmmm...let me see....say late 2009...so awhile ago.

We staged there primarily to take PL moons in Syndicate, Aridia, Solitude, etc. Eventually we moved to Fountain Core.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Zoubidah Al-Kouffarde
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#482 - 2017-02-18 09:11:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoubidah Al-Kouffarde
Teckos Pech wrote:



First off, if you are using a shuttle or an interceptor it is not going to double your travel time if you are in a bigger and slower ship. Second, thanks for confirming you want things to be risk free.

As for scouting it depends. If I am in a pod, no. If I am in a shuttle no. If I am in an interceptor, no. If I am in a cloaky, no. Unlike you I don't mind some risk.

I got 3 accounts for reasons other than creating scouts. I use them for scouting/cynos, but that was just some icing on the cake. And I am advising people who do not want to use a second account and are taking too large a risk (by their own assesment) that yes, ask a friend. Might they have to wait? Well seems reasonable to me, part of reducing one's risk limits your options and imposes costs.

The truly special snowflake is the misanthropic player who passes out at the thought of having to do their own scouting.


It's going to double your travelling time, as you want to check each gate in dangerous zones, or everywhere if you're war-decced. But nobody does this logging out logging in with a scout on the same account, so you're just arguing this stupid hypothesis to try and prove you can play this game with a single account - when you play with 3! - or with friends who will scout for you whenever you wish, which is pure fantasy.

Then you say "hurf I'm not going to scout in an inty or a cloaky teehee", as if people scouted with scouting ships when they travel with other scouting ships...

But this is not even the real issue. The problem with spawn camping is that it provides risk-free instant wins, in a game that flaunts "hurr harsh consequences"
How is it risk-free? secondary accounts ^^


ITT: online sociopaths trying to rationalize their online sociopathy with all the might of their sub-80 IQ... like they've been for years. You creatures are beyond hope, let's hope CCP sells this "game", so you stop being enabled in your impotent fantasies :^)

"You would not be the first "ganker aligned" player to be found to having some issues. Here's a dark secret: there are some in AG who, because of battling gankers, have managed to get to know a few of them, found they had issues, and helped them" HW

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#483 - 2017-02-18 13:04:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiasa Kite
Zoubidah Al-Kouffarde wrote:

It's going to double your travelling time, as you want to check each gate in dangerous zones, or everywhere if you're war-decced.

Small, fast ships have very little need for scouts.

Quote:
But nobody does this logging out logging in with a scout on the same account, so you're just arguing this stupid hypothesis to try and prove you can play this game with a single account - when you play with 3! - or with friends who will scout for you whenever you wish, which is pure fantasy.

Hi guys, up for another roam?
Hi guys, I got stuff to transport. Could I have a scout? I'll pay X.

Quote:
But this is not even the real issue. The problem with spawn camping is that it provides risk-free instant wins, in a game that flaunts "hurr harsh consequences"
How is it risk-free? secondary accounts ^^

So, people working together to gate camp get to do so risk (and skill - according to other posts) free. However, anyone heading for one, despite having help still face unacceptable risk.

That's some impressive dissonance right there.


Quote:
ITT: online sociopaths trying to rationalize their online sociopathy with all the might of their sub-80 IQ... like they've been for years.

Agreed. Luckily, there are plenty of people around willing to put them in their place.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Torin Corax
Game of Roams
#484 - 2017-02-18 13:44:04 UTC
Zoubidah Al-Kouffarde wrote:


But nobody does this logging out logging in with a scout on the same account, so you're just arguing this stupid hypothesis to try and prove you can play this game with a single account - when you play with 3! - or with friends who will scout for you whenever you wish, which is pure fantasy.


Ahem...I have done this ( self-scouting with one account) before I decided to sub a second account. However, I only did this when I felt that the effort required was worth it. That's the point, it was a judgment call on my part as to how much time/ effort I was willing to invest versus how safe I wanted to be. That in a nutshell is Eve. My choices, my effort, my reward against other players choices, effort, reward.

Oh, and when I have asked a friend to scout for me (rare that I ask, but it has happened) they have never said no. They know damn well I would do it for them. It's what friendship in Eve is about, working together.


Quote:
But this is not even the real issue. The problem with spawn camping is that it provides risk-free instant wins, in a game that flaunts "hurr harsh consequences"
How is it risk-free? secondary accounts ^^


Gate camping is not risk free. I've lost ships while camping....I've also killed ships that were camping. Busting up camps is fun, and (used to be) pretty common. Granted I've not done much camping lately, so perhaps camp-busting is not as common as it used to be, but back in the day gate camps were a prime target for roaming gangs, and made for interesting fights.

Secondary accounts can be used to make camping safer for sure. But then secondary accounts can be used to make just about any activity in Eve safer.

As others have pointed out, Eve is a game that places considerable emphasis on an individuals ability to make informed decisions. Balancing risk / effort / time / reward is a personal choice. How "good" a player is at making those choices will largely decide how "successful" they are at extracting enjoyment from whatever aspect of the game they are pursuing.

For my part, this is one of the main features I love about Eve, I am only as good at the game as I am willing to be at any given time. If I get caught by a camp it's because I decided that the effort required to ensure that I wasn't was more than I was prepared to take in that instance. Stupid choice?...perhaps, but I consider that to be subjective. As long as I'm ok with the loss, and not particularly annoyed at myself, then I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of me. My game, my choice, my reward etc.
I would not attempt to blame the campers or the mechanics for any ship loss. I get outplayed= GF in local. Someone else put in more effort than me and won, who'd of thought it Blink


Quote:
ITT: online sociopaths trying to rationalize their online sociopathy with all the might of their sub-80 IQ... like they've been for years. You creatures are beyond hope, let's hope CCP sells this "game", so you stop being enabled in your impotent fantasies :^)


I'm not a shrink....but some of the nicest, friendliest and most welcoming people I've ever met on-line were those I met in Low-sec, most of them camped gates from time to time. Are these people really sociopaths? never had a bad word from any of them.


On another note. Not sure who started the whole "fun vampire" thing....but seriously, that's probably the dumbest thing I've seen on these boards recently. Taking part in a good gate-camp is fun. The voice chat is usually a hoot. Not unheard of for the camp to be set up for the sole purpose of having a drinking game....which makes the camp decidedly more dangerous for the campers as the game progresses.Lol
Hell, quite a few of the people I've killed in a camp ended up getting recruited and becoming good friends, which added to the fun for everyone.
Hakawai
State War Academy
Caldari State
#485 - 2017-02-18 15:06:37 UTC
Torin Corax wrote:

[...]
On another note. Not sure who started the whole "fun vampire" thing....but seriously, that's probably the dumbest thing I've seen on these boards recently. Taking part in a good gate-camp is fun. The voice chat is usually a hoot. Not unheard of for the camp to be set up for the sole purpose of having a drinking game....which makes the camp decidedly more dangerous for the campers as the game progresses.Lol
Hell, quite a few of the people I've killed in a camp ended up getting recruited and becoming good friends, which added to the fun for everyone.

"Fun-vampire" is a short way of describing people who get their fun by making other peoples' gaming experience less pleasant.

It's not the usual gaming term of course, but EVE's players have their own approach to language, and have rendered the usual words meaningless.

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".
Salvos Rhoska
#486 - 2017-02-18 16:03:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Hakawai wrote:

"Fun-vampire" is a short way of describing people who get their fun by making other peoples' gaming experience less pleasant.

It's not the usual gaming term of course, but EVE's players have their own approach to language, and have rendered the usual words meaningless.


In the single server, continuous system of EVE, everything you do, is of detriment and/or advantage to every other player.

Every action by you, or lack of it, affects everyone else.
Just as you too, are affected by every in/action by everyone else.

In EVE, we call "fun-vampires", which tbh is a SJW term to begin with, as "Salt miners".

These players want you to cry, rage, complain, whine.
That is how they operate, invest, and spend time in this game.

The solution? Very simple.
Dont give them what they want, and dont make mistakes to end up in that situation.
Avoid them by precuations, and do not cry, rage, complain, or whine to them, whereby their effort will have been wasted, for no salty reward.

It. Is. That. Simple.
Akane Togenada
Doomheim
#487 - 2017-02-18 16:59:38 UTC
Hakawai wrote:
I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".


To me gatecamps are justified because it is a valid form of gaming that does a valuable service to EVE by discouraging auto-piloting and by blowing s*it up thus increasing demand for said s*it on the market. It feels much like the ganking of AFK miners that groups such as CODE specializes in and which is a huge boon to all serious non-AFK miners.

0,5-0,4 Gates are dangerous and even if you get past the gate such a system is most likely more dangerous then deep low since Pirates are opportunists that prey on the unwary.

I also think it's a bad idea to tell others how to play an MMO, if they get their jollies by blowing up unwary travellers then that's perfectly fine. I'd also add that personally I would find the game boring as **** if there where no 'baddies' out there to catch me.

Finally yes new players like me are consumables just like the rest of the players.


Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#488 - 2017-02-18 17:14:13 UTC
Hakawai wrote:
It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".
It is, and there's nothing wrong with that; in fact it's considered to be a mainstay of the game.

CCP Falcon wrote:
The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Torin Corax
Game of Roams
#489 - 2017-02-18 18:27:52 UTC
Hakawai wrote:
Torin Corax wrote:

[...]
On another note. Not sure who started the whole "fun vampire" thing....but seriously, that's probably the dumbest thing I've seen on these boards recently. Taking part in a good gate-camp is fun. The voice chat is usually a hoot. Not unheard of for the camp to be set up for the sole purpose of having a drinking game....which makes the camp decidedly more dangerous for the campers as the game progresses.Lol
Hell, quite a few of the people I've killed in a camp ended up getting recruited and becoming good friends, which added to the fun for everyone.

"Fun-vampire" is a short way of describing people who get their fun by making other peoples' gaming experience less pleasant.

It's not the usual gaming term of course, but EVE's players have their own approach to language, and have rendered the usual words meaningless.

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".


Everyone, campers and targets alike, are both consumer and consumable....That's the whole point of Eve.

Which you are at any given time is entirely dependent on the choices you make, and how those choices stack up against the choices of others.

If/ when I camp a gate, I will kill anything that I can. New player, old player, it matters not. If you can make it through the camp, well played....if not, **** happens. It's fun.

Camps are justified because they are allowed. Just as any playstyle that is not specifically banned, or does not require the exploitation of a bug, is justified. Gate mechanics are not a bug. They work (for the most part) the way they were designed to work.

My point was that calling people sociopaths because they play a game within the rules, spirit, and principles of the game, is silly.
There are many games out there that, for various reasons, I'm no damn good at. I do not cry about the fact I'm no good at them, I do not demand that these games be changed to suit me. And I most certainly would not openly insult those who are good at those games in order to make myself feel better about my inadequacies.
Eve is a very particular game, there are many valid playstyles. Whichever playstyle suits however, it should always be remembered that this is Eve. The mechanics exist to foster a certain "feeling" within the game, and they actually do reasonably well in my opinion, even if things have been toned-down a fair bit since I started playing.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#490 - 2017-02-18 19:13:25 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:

Quote:
ITT: online sociopaths trying to rationalize their online sociopathy with all the might of their sub-80 IQ... like they've been for years.

Agreed. Luckily, there are plenty of people around willing to put them in their place.


I see what you did there.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#491 - 2017-02-18 19:39:39 UTC
Akane Togenada wrote:
Hakawai wrote:
I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".


To me gatecamps are justified because it is a valid form of gaming that does a valuable service to EVE by discouraging auto-piloting and by blowing s*it up thus increasing demand for said s*it on the market. It feels much like the ganking of AFK miners that groups such as CODE specializes in and which is a huge boon to all serious non-AFK miners.

0,5-0,4 Gates are dangerous and even if you get past the gate such a system is most likely more dangerous then deep low since Pirates are opportunists that prey on the unwary.

I also think it's a bad idea to tell others how to play an MMO, if they get their jollies by blowing up unwary travellers then that's perfectly fine. I'd also add that personally I would find the game boring as **** if there where no 'baddies' out there to catch me.

Finally yes new players like me are consumables just like the rest of the players.




Most of my gate camps have been NS camps and there were did it because "It's our space, GTFO. Here we'll help find a clone taxi." Is it also going to upset those who get killed? Maybe, but FFS, it is NS. Sov NS. That is, people are going to be hostile to you almost immediately. They have staked out that corner of the sandbox as "theirs". Yes, they are going to use choke points to do violence to your space pixels. That is the natural spot to do it.

As for HS/LS gates, again this is where you are going to find your targets. As people cross those borders/regions. You will also find camps along pipes as well. Rancer is another example. By going through Rancer one can cut one's travel time, but at the same time Rancer is another fairly notorious system for being camped. Interestingly Olettiers on the other hand is rarely camped even though it is the choke point going from Dodixie to Jita instead of through Uedama. The point is if you are going to be a pirate in game then you go where your targets are. And trust me these guys loot. The guys I was camping with in Rancer would get all sorts of awesome loot.

This is a game where you can do whatever you want, but you cannot insulate yourself from other players so play accordingly. Everyone complaining about "fun vampires" Roll seem to not get that latter part. There are pirates in this game and they are other players so they can be extremely dangerous. This is also a competitive game. Yes, other players are going to outright try and stop you from doing things. This is how this game is played. Get over it already or get out.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#492 - 2017-02-18 19:46:04 UTC
Torin Corax wrote:
Hakawai wrote:
Torin Corax wrote:

[...]
On another note. Not sure who started the whole "fun vampire" thing....but seriously, that's probably the dumbest thing I've seen on these boards recently. Taking part in a good gate-camp is fun. The voice chat is usually a hoot. Not unheard of for the camp to be set up for the sole purpose of having a drinking game....which makes the camp decidedly more dangerous for the campers as the game progresses.Lol
Hell, quite a few of the people I've killed in a camp ended up getting recruited and becoming good friends, which added to the fun for everyone.

"Fun-vampire" is a short way of describing people who get their fun by making other peoples' gaming experience less pleasant.

It's not the usual gaming term of course, but EVE's players have their own approach to language, and have rendered the usual words meaningless.

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".


Everyone, campers and targets alike, are both consumer and consumable....That's the whole point of Eve.

Which you are at any given time is entirely dependent on the choices you make, and how those choices stack up against the choices of others.

If/ when I camp a gate, I will kill anything that I can. New player, old player, it matters not. If you can make it through the camp, well played....if not, **** happens. It's fun.

Camps are justified because they are allowed. Just as any playstyle that is not specifically banned, or does not require the exploitation of a bug, is justified. Gate mechanics are not a bug. They work (for the most part) the way they were designed to work.

My point was that calling people sociopaths because they play a game within the rules, spirit, and principles of the game, is silly.
There are many games out there that, for various reasons, I'm no damn good at. I do not cry about the fact I'm no good at them, I do not demand that these games be changed to suit me. And I most certainly would not openly insult those who are good at those games in order to make myself feel better about my inadequacies.
Eve is a very particular game, there are many valid playstyles. Whichever playstyle suits however, it should always be remembered that this is Eve. The mechanics exist to foster a certain "feeling" within the game, and they actually do reasonably well in my opinion, even if things have been toned-down a fair bit since I started playing.


Exactly. And if you are good natured about it when talking to those who killed your ship (in LS you should rarely lose a pod as they enter warp so damn fast), you might make new friends. And you could end camping with them. And by doing that learn about gate camps....and how to better beat them. If you are a freighter pilot and want to learn how to better avoid a gank I would recommend getting in a few gank fleets so you can see how it works so you can better avoid them. Coming and whining on the forums on the other hand is just going to end in a stream of mockery.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#493 - 2017-02-18 19:50:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Akane Togenada wrote:
Hakawai wrote:
I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the quoted text. Is that a suggestion that Gate Camps are justified because they provide a better social environment than normal play? That it's ok to induce reactions like the OP's with 0.5-0.4 Gate Camps because either the players can't find something less destructive as a focus for social activities, or the game doesn't offer any other alternatives?

It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".


To me gatecamps are justified because it is a valid form of gaming that does a valuable service to EVE by discouraging auto-piloting and by blowing s*it up thus increasing demand for said s*it on the market. It feels much like the ganking of AFK miners that groups such as CODE specializes in and which is a huge boon to all serious non-AFK miners.

0,5-0,4 Gates are dangerous and even if you get past the gate such a system is most likely more dangerous then deep low since Pirates are opportunists that prey on the unwary.

I also think it's a bad idea to tell others how to play an MMO, if they get their jollies by blowing up unwary travellers then that's perfectly fine. I'd also add that personally I would find the game boring as **** if there where no 'baddies' out there to catch me.

Finally yes new players like me are consumables just like the rest of the players.




Not just new players. All players, new, old, good, bad, famous, infamous, etc. are all "consumables". If I am a gate camp I won't care who you are if we get a lock on you and tackle you...I'll do my best to burn you down. And I expect no less if the tables were turned. If I run into a camp and they catch me....welp, good job guys.

Edit:
And yes, "deep low" is actually a pretty boring place. You can live there and do lots of stuff and most people you'll see are simply passing through. If you know what you are doing they are great places to do various things.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

The Ninja KiiD
Perkone
Caldari State
#494 - 2017-02-18 23:31:55 UTC
Apparently now Hi-sec gate camps are a thing...

Had to log cause Frarn gate to Rens is camped and Concorde is unable to do anything about it.
I made it back to my Frarn station before losing ship this time...was popped on gate 2 systems away earlier in 1.0 space in my brutix by camp.

Absolutely NO reason to log into game. I am in a small corp with my son who I just got playing and we enjoy hi-sec missioning.
If the game is going to be this ridiculous then there is no reason to risk isk buying ship that are going to be popped....that puts anything more than a T1 out of the question and no more reason to buy plex. Yes I buy lots of plex because I work full time and have a family. But this? Absolutely ridiculous.

This needs to be saved for low an null. If you want to provide no sanctuary for non-pvpers to play the gam then reap the whirlwind. You morons are destroying your own game.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#495 - 2017-02-18 23:35:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
Apparently now Hi-sec gate camps are a thing...

Had to log cause Frarn gate to Rens is camped and Concorde is unable to do anything about it.
I made it back to my Frarn station before losing ship this time...was popped on gate 2 systems away earlier in 1.0 space in my brutix by camp.

Absolutely NO reason to log into game. I am in a small corp with my son who I just got playing and we enjoy hi-sec missioning.
If the game is going to be this ridiculous then there is no reason to risk isk buying ship that are going to be popped....that puts anything more than a T1 out of the question and no more reason to buy plex. Yes I buy lots of plex because I work full time and have a family. But this? Absolutely ridiculous.

This needs to be saved for low an null. If you want to provide no sanctuary for non-pvpers to play the gam then reap the whirlwind. You morons are destroying your own game.
2003 called, it wants its whine back now that it's matured nicely.

There has never been a sanctuary for non PvPers in Eve, because it's always been a PvP game.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#496 - 2017-02-18 23:41:31 UTC
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
I made it back to my Frarn station before losing ship this time...was popped on gate 2 systems away earlier in 1.0 space in my brutix by camp.

You were killed in a war.

What were you doing flying a Brutix into your wartargets if you didn't want to get killed?

Simply drop to an NPC Corp and continue as normal. If you and your son are in the same Corp, then both drop and reform a new Corp if you think you need a Corp to do what you are doing (eg. can be good for tax purposes).

There's really no need to die in a wardec.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#497 - 2017-02-18 23:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
Apparently now Hi-sec gate camps are a thing...

Had to log cause Frarn gate to Rens is camped and Concorde is unable to do anything about it.
I made it back to my Frarn station before losing ship this time...was popped on gate 2 systems away earlier in 1.0 space in my brutix by camp.

Absolutely NO reason to log into game. I am in a small corp with my son who I just got playing and we enjoy hi-sec missioning.
If the game is going to be this ridiculous then there is no reason to risk isk buying ship that are going to be popped....that puts anything more than a T1 out of the question and no more reason to buy plex. Yes I buy lots of plex because I work full time and have a family. But this? Absolutely ridiculous.

This needs to be saved for low an null. If you want to provide no sanctuary for non-pvpers to play the gam then reap the whirlwind. You morons are destroying your own game.


HS suicide ganking has always been a thing. In the past it was even easier in that the gankers would get insurance for their ships that were destroyed by CONCORD. People have complained and complained about suicide ganking and when CCP implements some of their desired changes it never seems to work our like they think it will.

If you are going to fly around in game fat and dumb, you are going to end up being somebody's prey.

Edit: And yes, in looking at your recent loss...you were killed in a war dec or something that allowed those players to attack you without drawing a CONCORD response. Working as intended.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

The Ninja KiiD
Perkone
Caldari State
#498 - 2017-02-18 23:49:52 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
I made it back to my Frarn station before losing ship this time...was popped on gate 2 systems away earlier in 1.0 space in my brutix by camp.

You were killed in a war.

What were you doing flying a Brutix into your wartargets if you didn't want to get killed?

Simply drop to an NPC Corp and continue as normal. If you and your son are in the same Corp, then both drop and reform a new Corp if you think you need a Corp to do what you are doing (eg. can be good for tax purposes).

There's really no need to die in a wardec.



There are only 2 of us in my corp...I was not wardec'ced unless it just happened because I put bounties on 5 of their heads.
Let me repeat...I WAS NOT at war!

I was flying my Brutix cause I was farming Guardian's Gala spots and wanted something just in case my container was robbed.
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#499 - 2017-02-18 23:52:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
...I was not wardec'ced unless it just happened because I put bounties on 5 of their heads.
Let me repeat...I WAS NOT at war!

I was flying my Brutix cause I was farming Guardian's Gala spots and wanted something just in case my container was robbed.

The killmail says otherwise:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/60122025/

Wardec notifications come through 24 hours before aggression can start, so it couldn't have just happened. Check your notification history.

Edit: Also, don't waste your ISK on bounties. That's like giving them a present for killing you. There is nothing bad in that for them.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#500 - 2017-02-18 23:53:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
The Ninja KiiD wrote:
I WAS NOT at war!
The API begs to differ.

You currently have 2 active wars, both of which started in the last couple of days.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack