These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, 31st January @ 17:00 UTC

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2017-01-30 11:19:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, January 31st, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

  • Potential fix for stuck drone window (could also fix some cases of stuck HUD and overview)
  • General client and server performance


How to connect to Singularity for this test:
Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the upper left corner of the new launcher and log in as normal. More detailed instructions are available here.

Test steps:
1. Meet in FD-MLJ at the gate to X-BV98
2. Jump to X-BV98.
3. Warp to a Fortizar
4. Shoot the Fortizar
5. Warp to a Raitaru
6. Shoot + kill the Raitaru
7. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot + setup gate camp.
8. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate,

What else should I know?

  • Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
  • Bring anything you like to the test (preferably something with weapons!)
  • Use /omega if your account should be Omega, but is Alpha on Singularity

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#2 - 2017-01-30 13:12:25 UTC
Whooo, finally a mass test i can attend ! no need to use move me as i live close by!
Lord Rahvin
Spartan Vanguard
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2017-01-30 13:25:53 UTC
It would be awesome if my 2 accounts were not locked in alpha when they should not be.....

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=509047&find=unread
Panther X
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2017-01-30 13:53:36 UTC
Can ah bring mah Titan???

My Titan smells of rich Corinthian Leather...

Cypher Cratos
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2017-01-30 13:54:43 UTC
I would love to join,.. but my 2 accounts are in alpha state for no reason...
Duran Predur
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#6 - 2017-01-30 14:59:14 UTC
Type: /omega in any channel to be set as omega clone status.
Ariel Zohar
The Pleadians
#7 - 2017-01-30 17:36:30 UTC
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.
Veysha na'Sildroni
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-30 17:45:18 UTC
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.



The post says: "All participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity)."

Looks to me like they will only be available for use on the Singularity Server.
Ariel Zohar
The Pleadians
#9 - 2017-01-30 17:51:51 UTC
Veysha na'Sildroni wrote:
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.



The post says: "All participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity)."

Looks to me like they will only be available for use on the Singularity Server.



Yeah, so whats the point in that as the test server gets reset to tranquility every few months?
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2017-01-30 18:03:41 UTC
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Veysha na'Sildroni wrote:
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.



The post says: "All participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity)."

Looks to me like they will only be available for use on the Singularity Server.



Yeah, so whats the point in that as the test server gets reset to tranquility every few months?


To be able to test ships / modules, which you cannot use yet on TQ.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2017-01-30 18:05:48 UTC
Cypher Cratos wrote:
I would love to join,.. but my 2 accounts are in alpha state for no reason...


We'll try to rectify this before the mass test. If we find no better solution then /omega will be available for the mass test (it is currently disabled) .

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#12 - 2017-01-30 18:23:53 UTC
how we can get our alpha accounts into omega? plex doesnt work and isnt seeded so cant get omega status.
noneofnine
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2017-01-30 20:24:45 UTC
If we loose a ship in the test we can get it back?
Sami Makky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2017-01-30 20:53:25 UTC
I would love to join too but I have been bumped down to alpha even though I am fully subbed on Tranq Q.Q
Zeradn
Last Cartographers of Abyss
#15 - 2017-01-30 21:43:29 UTC
Same with me too. I have been in Omega since I returned some months back. Suddenly I am Alpha on SiSi and I can't fly any of the ships which I would have liked to bring for the mass test. So, no T2, no faction... This is going to be a fun mass test. Cry
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#16 - 2017-01-30 23:53:11 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Veysha na'Sildroni wrote:
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.



The post says: "All participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity)."

Looks to me like they will only be available for use on the Singularity Server.



Yeah, so whats the point in that as the test server gets reset to tranquility every few months?


To be able to test ships / modules, which you cannot use yet on TQ.

To expand: After a mirror, the extra skillpoints you earned from the last 5 mass tests are also made available to you again. So you can always test out new stuff you otherwise could not use on TQ.
Ship loss: Everything on Sisi costs 100 ISK, so its easy to replace what you lose. Also /copyships gives you a copy of your TQ ships.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Havenard
Havenard Corporation
#17 - 2017-01-31 00:50:22 UTC
noneofnine wrote:
If we loose a ship in the test we can get it back?

On test server everything is seeded on the markets by NPC sell orders for very cheap prices, even Titans. Don't worry about losing your ship there.
Fire'Marshal Bill
Parks 'n Wrecks Wildlife Management
#18 - 2017-01-31 03:08:16 UTC
I'm a bringin a Rorq. Cause the drones are real.
Wombat65Au Egdald
R I S E
#19 - 2017-01-31 03:32:04 UTC
Ariel Zohar wrote:
Just to be clear... you say the 2M skill points "will be awarded on Singularity". The skill points will be available on tranquility right?
Otherwise i guess there is no point.


The SP are only awarded to your character on the test server, Singularity/Sisi, not on Tranquility/TQ. It normally takes a day or so after the test has finished for the SP to be awarded.
Wombat65Au Egdald
R I S E
#20 - 2017-01-31 04:01:35 UTC
Havenard wrote:
noneofnine wrote:
If we loose a ship in the test we can get it back?

On test server everything is seeded on the markets by NPC sell orders for very cheap prices, even Titans. Don't worry about losing your ship there.


Wait, Titan's are seeded by CCP? I thought all supercaps and titans on the test server had to be player built. I know everything up to dreads, carriers and fleet aux's are seeded.

noneofnine: CCP seeds one NPC station in every NPC-space constellation with a full market of T1, faction, T2 and T3 ships, modules and ammo/charges. Everything costs 100 isk. Want to buy a carrier? 100 isk for the ship, 100 isk for each module, 100 isk for each drone/fighter, 100 isk for each rig, 100 isk for each round of ammo, etc. This also includes citadels and their modules, 100 isk each. CCP does not seed officer or deadspace items. You might see some officer/deadspace items in some market stations, but that's because they were on the market on TQ when CCP made their data snapshot to mirror Sisi with. Those items will be listed with their TQ price.

A fully fitted ship all the way up to a dread, carrier or fleet aux, excluding ammo, will only cost a few thousand isk. No need to insure it on the test server. If you lose the ship you get the full insurance payout without needing to buy the insurance in the first place.

Save your fit. If you lose the ship, just go to the nearest seeded market and buy everything for a fraction of the insurance payout you just received.
12Next page