These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why do people say the rifter is bad?

Author
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#61 - 2017-01-07 15:30:29 UTC
The Rifter is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

@lunettelulu7

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#62 - 2017-01-07 15:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Reinhardt Kreiss
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
...newbie Caldari low sec...

You are doing nothing but demonstrating your lack of understanding of EVE Online and PVP, which is reflected in your KB and your uninformed posting. The only reason you have to keep calling lowsec this is because you either really believe that there is lowsec for newbies, or you are trying to deride my expertise in PVP. Why don't you come to 'newbie lowsec' and see just how 'newbie' it is.

Ok, so why do you never stray away from those system then. do tell? Could it perhaps be because Caldari has the most newbie characters and it's right next door to where said newbies have their first steps in EVE?

I mean, there must a be a reason you never leave that area.
Salvos Rhoska
#63 - 2017-01-07 15:32:23 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
So you can cherry pick my KB all you like, it's not an example of RPS.

Oh, my lord. The irony considering your attempts to denigrate others on their 1 character's KB.
And many other examples of such in this thread alone.

You truly do lack the capacity of theory of mind.

Nobody understands EVE, except you, right?
Anyone that disagrees with you, doesnt, right?

KBs demonstrate experience. It's like a resume. All yours demonstrates is failure. Point stands though, cherry-picking them proves nothing, but I can see your entire KB on one page. Don't have to cherry-pick four losses.

You really dont get it, do you.

This is not my only account, much less my only character.

You are the one cherry picking :D Nobody else.
Salvos Rhoska
#64 - 2017-01-07 15:36:46 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Ship balance/stats are not related to player aptitude in flying them.

And as long as you have no aptitude, I'm sure you will continue to believe that.

How do you presume to know my aptitude?

And how does aptitude change the hard-coded stats of ships?

How does a Magnate beat an Enyo? You'll never know because you'll never be good enough to do it.

Does a Magnate differ in stats from an Enyo?

Oh wait, yes they do! Thats why a Magnate is a Magnate, and an Enyo is an Enyo!
What a surprise! Stop the press!

So one ship can beat another ship?
OMG! It must have nothing to do with ship stats!
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2017-01-07 15:38:42 UTC
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
...newbie Caldari low sec...

You are doing nothing but demonstrating your lack of understanding of EVE Online and PVP, which is reflected in your KB and your uninformed posting. The only reason you have to keep calling lowsec this is because you either really believe that there is lowsec for newbies, or you are trying to deride my expertise in PVP. Why don't you come to 'newbie lowsec' and see just how 'newbie' it is.

Ok, so why do you never stray away from those system then. do tell? Could it perhaps be because Caldari has the most newbie characters and it's right next door to where said newbies have their first steps in EVE?

I mean, there must a be a reason you never leave that area.

I live in those systems. They are my home. They have been my home since I first started PVP'ing in 2013. Sure, I've moved around a bit, but that lowsec has always been my home, and the friends I've made there make it that way. There is a very tight-knit community that has lived in that island for over a decade now, owns everything there, and has defended their property against a myriad of interlopers for as long as they've lived there. And it's not even close to 'right next door' of newbie systems, but even if it was, that wouldn't define it as a newbie system. I linked you the list of systems defined as newbie ones, and nothing else in the game apart from those systems is a newbie system. NOTHING. Not even the systems that are right next door to those ones.

All gates to lowsec from high give everyone a warning before entering, and everyone enters at their own risk, newbies included. You'd know this if you'd ever tried to go to lowsec, which I did when I was a newbie. First week, in a Navitas, straight into Seyllin where I mined Jaspet, and got wrecked by a Jaguar. I'll never forget that loss, because it's the one that made me want to stick around and learn to PVP.

Again, though, you can cherry-pick my KB all you want. It proves nothing except you don't understand why mine demonstrates me as having more PVP expertise and understanding than you.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2017-01-07 15:40:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Salvos, I have your posts hidden now. I can see you posting, but I'm not reading your crap. It's just going to be more of the same; more narcissism, more pretentiousness 'ergos' and more of you being wrong about EVE on every level. If you had a shred of demonstrable PVP experience, I might consider you worth taking seriously, but you aren't. At this point, I'm pretty sure you're just being contrarian for its own sake, so I'm going to leave your posts hidden and generally ignore you. You are little more than a benign growth on this game, and these forums, that nobody would miss if you vanished forever.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#67 - 2017-01-07 15:41:04 UTC
HAH, ok.

So you just happened to end up there by sheer accident and never noticed it's full of newbies, and you never moved elsewhere In two years.

Right, ok.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2017-01-07 15:41:45 UTC
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
HAH, ok.

So you just happened to end up there by sheer accident and never noticed it's full of newbies, and you never moved elsewhere In two years.

Right, ok.

Why don't you go there and see how full of newbies it is?

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#69 - 2017-01-07 15:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Reinhardt Kreiss
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
HAH, ok.

Right, ok.

Oh no, it has a lot of older players claiming to be awesome, they just don't shoot each other very often. That would just get in the way of shooting newbies.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#70 - 2017-01-07 15:55:31 UTC
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
HAH, ok.

Right, ok.

Oh no, it has a lot of older players claiming to be awesome, they just don't shoot each other very often. That would just get in the way of shooting newbies.

What's wrong with living where the food is? Smile

@lunettelulu7

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#71 - 2017-01-07 15:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Reinhardt Kreiss
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
HAH, ok.

Right, ok.

Nothing, I'm perfectly fine with it. But when people start putting up a smoke screen about how awesome they are and then illustrate that by how they risked an Atron to kill some pve guy in a Kestrel then I'll point and laugh.

Not saying he's bad, that would be stupid, but the whole "raah look at my killboard" isn't working in his favour. At least not with people who DO have a clue, I'm sure it works fine with most other people.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#72 - 2017-01-07 16:05:56 UTC
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Reinhardt Kreiss wrote:
HAH, ok.

Right, ok.

Nothing, I'm perfectly fine with it. But when people start putting up a smoke screen about how awesome they are and then illustrate that by how they risked an Atron to kill some pve guy in a Kestrel then I'll point and laugh.

Not saying he's bad, that would be stupid, but the whole "raah look at my killboard" isn't working in his favour. At least not with people who DO have a clue, I'm sure it works fine with most other people.

Is this a weenie measuring thing? lol

@lunettelulu7

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#73 - 2017-01-07 16:08:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Reinhardt Kreiss
Nope, just pointing out the (perhaps not so) obvious. The inconvenient truth, if you will.
Salvos Rhoska
#74 - 2017-01-07 16:25:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Salvos, I have your posts hidden now. I can see you posting, but I'm not reading your crap. It's just going to be more of the same; more narcissism, more pretentiousness 'ergos' and more of you being wrong about EVE on every level. If you had a shred of demonstrable PVP experience, I might consider you worth taking seriously, but you aren't. At this point, I'm pretty sure you're just being contrarian for its own sake, so I'm going to leave your posts hidden and generally ignore you. You are little more than a benign growth on this game, and these forums, that nobody would miss if you vanished forever.

1) You are reading it, nonetheless.

2) More ad-hominem.

3) Totally ignoring my statement that you are incapable of understanding that the character a poster uses may not be their only one.

4) More ad-hominem.

5) Do you think anyone would miss you? :D

No addressing of the issues and arguments in my posts.

Just a claim that he is "ignoring" my posts, whilst nonetheless responding to them, without addressing their content.

Keep digging your head into the sand with your butt exposed and standing up in the air.
Othran
Route One
#75 - 2017-01-07 16:28:57 UTC
The Rifter is viable. I just don't think its very viable for people without extensive solo/small gang (under 8) experience. You need a certain level of SPs in the right area but you need a lot more in the actual experience area now.

The Rifter is not what it once was - Rifter Drifter days are a while ago :(
Maekchu
Doomheim
#76 - 2017-01-07 16:32:08 UTC
Should have brought popcorn to the party... Damn, this turned into a **** measuring contest quite fast :D

LOOK AT MY PENIS!
Salvos Rhoska
#77 - 2017-01-07 16:45:33 UTC
ITT: Remiel self-destructing, again. Ignoring arguments and insulting everyone else as "not understanding EVE" as his highness does. Comparing his KB to forum alts, and refusing to answer to repudiations on his own KB.

According to him, ship balance is perfect.
Only pro skills like Remiel has, matter.
He is so pro, he can defeat a Titan in a Rookie ship!

Watch out, everyone.
Remiel has the magic to make a ship do something its hardcoded stats cant!
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#78 - 2017-01-07 16:55:02 UTC
Forum alts xD

@lunettelulu7

Bertok Francis
Spartan Vanguard
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#79 - 2017-01-07 17:57:53 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
ITT: Remiel self-destructing, again. Ignoring arguments and insulting everyone else as "not understanding EVE" as his highness does. Comparing his KB to forum alts, and refusing to answer to repudiations on his own KB.

According to him, ship balance is perfect.
Only pro skills like Remiel has, matter.
He is so pro, he can defeat a Titan in a Rookie ship!

Watch out, everyone.
Remiel has the magic to make a ship do something its hardcoded stats cant!

Mathematically killing a titan in a rookie ship is possible; it will just take a few weeks to burn your way through the armor buffer.

As I (with my admittedly very limited experience) see it is like this;
Fit and ship as well as player skill are both effectors of the outcome of a fight but neither operate alone; there are videos of kestrals killing T3Ds out there and also of herons killing cruisers, heck I even saw a video of an astero killing a Tengu. On the other hand, a solo kestral will neer beat a decently fit RLM caracal with a pilot who knows enough to lock the target, press F1 and maybe occasionally click on a medium shield repper, because that is what an RLM caracal does. On the other hand if it is a buffer caracal with heavy missiles and no scram or target painter then it is a winnable fight with the right fit (I personally probably couldn't do it but it is at least possible).
TLDR: eve is not a 1 dimensional game and many things matter.
Salvos Rhoska
#80 - 2017-01-07 18:00:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Ships= stats
no stats = no ship

There is no escaping the fact that ship stats underlie everything in EVE.
There is also no escaping the fact that the balance in stats between those ships is imperfect.
Pilot capability can swing the favor, but it cannot change the systemic stats of the ships in the engagement.