These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bumping Mechanics Discussion

First post
Author
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#81 - 2017-01-27 17:51:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mina Sebiestar
Short on time did not read most past 1st page

A) Keep bumping mechanic in place with mass restrictions 800.000.000 freighter cant be bumped with anything not at least half it mass ship bump of it (additionally if cpu resources allow ships should bounce back and take structural(hull/armor/shields)) and heat dmg(active/passive/rigs))

B) Don't change a thing give non afk freighters emergency micro jump drive,thing will shoot you 300km+ in pointed direction and destroy it self upon activation expensive but life saving if you did not afk your trip.

C) Focused defenses, tank module that provide resistance against weapon size S/M/L/XL for a limited time freighter size module need manual activation and resistance selection(non afk).

Misc

Global docking ban(terrorist) on NPC stations for gankers gate restrictions etc(timer based wait for cooldown or rotate space where ganking occurs).

Global criminal flag(terrorist) time based (as in days)so your pal cant just shoot you and get it over with.
Assisting ships and structures get Global flag as well not just suspect timer.

Idea is to go hardcore or use ganking as focused tool but not without serious consequences that matters anymore.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Lugh Crow-Slave
#82 - 2017-01-27 18:06:50 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
If webber become prevalent enough to really disturb ganking operation, suicide tacklers will become a thing and they are just as fast as webbers. It will raise their total cost by a few million and we are pretty much back to square one. It's better because something happened but we're still pointing stuff by playing with the physic engine.

Suicide tackle Blackbirds are already a big thing and they are a lot faster than webbers (they lock the freighter faster and they apply the point before the webber can apply apply the webs). CFC recently even went so far as to continuously suicide tackle Jump Freighters in Isanamo until a gank squad arrived to kill it. They did not bump, they just threw suicide warp disruptor after another against the ship so that a gank squad could warp in.
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
They start doing that you start brining suicide ecm even a boosted bantam has a good chance of jamming most small ships

Just like anyplace in eve your enemy adapts then so do you this should be no differant

That is a pointless attempt. Not only do you require 3 chars to pull that off (please do not suggest actual other players, that's not going to happen because it's too much effort for no rewards), jaming the pointer does not achieve what you think it would. The pointer is there to give the bumper Machariel the necessary seconds to reach the freighter for the initial bump, nothing else. That is achieve by just applying the point for 1 second as the freighter slows down and the webber applied the webs to a non-warping freighter. Cycling the webs and getting the freighter to warp again takes up to 10 seconds, which is more than enough time for the Machariel to reach the freighter.

lol if its not worth the cost don't haul but considering all the people out there hauling it must be worth it. you can also bring RR and boosts to force them to bring more numbers to kill you. Why is you think that a hauler should be able to handle 20+ ships solo in the first place? hell you could also take the extra 20 or so jumps around the pipes or risk a low sec that is less populated.

i really don't understand how this is so hard for ppl I think i have lost 2-3 freighters in HS and those were all to war targets despite regularly running them EVEN DURING WAR TIME
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#83 - 2017-01-27 19:37:04 UTC
No courier contract is "worth the cost"; how could hauling 1.2B+ in a 1.3B ship that is completely defenseless for just 20M be worth it ever? Counters like remote repair fleets do actually work if available in time and done properly. However, paying them is nigh impossible to justify and keeping them entertain even less so because most of the time the people will just sit around doing nothing at all.

My points are not about whether a freighter on its own should stand a chance against 20 gankers; I merely refute any of your counters to ganking as having only very limited effects and point out that there are numerous hard counters to any of the counters haulers can bring. Some people depict these hauler counters (webbing, prop mod, cloak-MWD, reps, counter ganking) as an infallible gank counter, ignoring completely the cost for them or their limited chances for success. Saying "jam the suicide pointer to web your freighter into warp" is one of these false gank counter ideas.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2017-01-27 20:43:29 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
No courier contract is "worth the cost"; how could hauling 1.2B+ in a 1.3B ship that is completely defenseless for just 20M be worth it ever? Counters like remote repair fleets do actually work if available in time and done properly. However, paying them is nigh impossible to justify and keeping them entertain even less so because most of the time the people will just sit around doing nothing at all.

My points are not about whether a freighter on its own should stand a chance against 20 gankers; I merely refute any of your counters to ganking as having only very limited effects and point out that there are numerous hard counters to any of the counters haulers can bring. Some people depict these hauler counters (webbing, prop mod, cloak-MWD, reps, counter ganking) as an infallible gank counter, ignoring completely the cost for them or their limited chances for success. Saying "jam the suicide pointer to web your freighter into warp" is one of these false gank counter ideas.

20 million? Shocked

You can gank a freighter for 20 million? Pray tell how?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#85 - 2017-01-27 20:47:58 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:

20 million? Shocked

That was the example of a contract reward as I was talking about how a courier contract is not worth it under Lugh's point of view. But since you ask me: Duel Traps. Roll

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2017-01-27 21:30:20 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:

20 million? Shocked

That was the example of a contract reward as I was talking about how a courier contract is not worth it under Lugh's point of view. But since you ask me: Duel Traps. Roll

That is not a Gank. In that case the victim would have been killed legally. P

But yes, you could then kill somebody with essentially no loss since it would not invoke CONCORD.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online