These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Mining now sucks per cycle.

Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#41 - 2016-12-21 23:04:13 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Can you provide us with the location of your Hulk? We will send a mining support team free of charge to inspect your fit and give you some general advice about how to improve your mining efficiency.

LolLolLolLolLolLol you..

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Balabhadra Das
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2016-12-22 01:10:28 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Can you provide us with the location of your Hulk? We will send a mining support team free of charge to inspect your fit and give you some general advice about how to improve your mining efficiency.

LolLolLolLolLolLol you..

Oh, they will help you with fits... they will also blow you up. :P

(Not a miner but got mining fitting advice from Sir Demoniac in case I decided to mine, very helpful. Decided not to mine. Poor ISK PH and almost equal risk as WH exploration or Gas Huffing considering CODE exist.)
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#43 - 2016-12-22 02:04:07 UTC
Mining sucks.

That should be the title of this thread.
Antheria
VVV Enterprises
#44 - 2016-12-22 02:15:31 UTC
At the end of the day does this really matter.

If it's the same for everyone then we have a level playing field, so that no-one is advantaged or disadvantaged.

Really, some people need to get a life!
Cat Steele
Delphia Trust
#45 - 2016-12-23 02:45:30 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
"Ore per cycle" is a pretty useless value. Try a fixed frame of reference, such as m3 per hour.

Well, what makes up m3 / hour? If one strip miner pulls 18k each cycle and I do that for an hour straight, never having an incomplete cycle, multiply it times 2 strip miners, that equals m3 / hour.

Or, I could just take the fact that I was getting around 18k each cycle and now I am getting 16k per cycle of veldspar, per strip miner.

Either way, it still shows the exact same thing.
Cat Steele
Delphia Trust
#46 - 2016-12-23 02:46:21 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
Mining sucks.

That should be the title of this thread.

Rofl, I like it!
Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#47 - 2016-12-23 18:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Sylvia Kildare
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Sylvia Kildare wrote:

Ding ding ding. They nerfed the mining foreman mindlink's effect. Which is weird, because they don't seem to have nerfed the skirmish/info/shield/armor mindlinks and the faction ones that combine the effects. But yeah.

Yes they did. In all cases the passive leadership bonuses have been removed from the skills. Seriously, learn to read patch notes and Dev blogs.

Um, as the owner of an incursion boosting alt, I've been carefully reading the boost change dev blogs for months, man. And the patch notes, ofc. Was very disappointed we didn't get the promised devblog about command ships themselves before EVE Ascension... I think the ships need some changes/buffs mostly... but I guess we should all just be glad they weren't nerfed along with the boost % nerfs on EVE Ascension day.

And I wasn't referring to the passive bonuses. Those were from having a squad commander with sufficient leadership skill level for squad size, a wing commander with sufficient wing command skill level, a fleet commander with sufficient fleet command skill level... and also the support skills for the specific flavors of boosting. All of which is now null and void with the new on-grid system and no more needing to "pass down boosts" (whether active warfare link-run ones or passive skill-based ones)... so that now leadership/WC/FC only affect active burst range. But in any event, yes, the combat mindlinks now add to "effect strength and range" but the mining mindlink does not add to mining yield any longer. In addition, the effect of the combat boosting mindlinks does NOT make up for the overall reduction in boost efficency on the new command burst modules (versus the old warfare link modules)... shield logi RR cycles specifically are up from 5.9 seconds in early November to 6.2-6.3 seconds post-EVE Ascension as an example. Shield or armor resist %s are also down across the board because of how they made these changes, web range boost from the skirmish link that boosts web range... also down (less than 1km for faction webs, but... still down).

How on earth you changed the topic to passive boosts from skills when I was talking about the slot #10 hardwiring mindlink implants and the difference between how mining mindlink vs. combat mindlinks were handled... I do not claim to understand.
Previous page123